PDA

View Full Version : Gary Neal and Larry Sanders in locker room confrontation tbh..

freetiago
01-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Nasty confrontation between Larry Sanders, Gary Neal in Bucks locker room. Neal as he left: ``I earn my money. You should try it sometime.''

Neal was never known for being a locker room cancer tbh
he lived by his motto of "If I see rim, I'm open" but he wasnt calling out guys tbh..

Jwash_1986
01-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Teams like the Bucks will turn you into one. All that negative energy rubs off. I thought since him and Stak5 was close he would've warned him to stay far away from Milwaukee as possible.

Budkin
01-05-2014, 01:15 AM
:lol Hope Neal is enjoying his $$$

mute
01-05-2014, 01:18 AM
This is retarded. The difference Neal is making is MARGINAL to what the Spurs were willing to pay him. Plus when you factor in the cost of moving and stuff, it's not really too much of a difference.

Plus, you have a nice niche here in San Antonio with a defined role in a system... why leave... and to the Bucks? I'd understand if you took a paycut and when to Miami or LA... but the Bucks?

DMC
01-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Neal had a 1.1m qualifying offer from SA. I wouldn't call the difference MARGINAL. I doesn't cost a million dollars to move furniture.

mute
01-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Neal had a 1.1m qualifying offer from SA. I wouldn't call the difference MARGINAL. I doesn't cost a million dollars to move furniture.

I stand corrected, but why would SA low ball him like that? He played for pennies for three season. At least give him a Danny Green type deal... We're in WIN NOW mode. This guy can get his own shot and has a good stroke.

SpurPadre
01-05-2014, 01:34 AM
So fucking what? That chucking ass motherfucker can rot there for all I care. Him leaving the team and marco replacing him was the only good thing that came out of the off-season.

DMC
01-05-2014, 01:34 AM
They probably had other ideas. Gary was a cheap acquisition, but wasn't going to remain so and the Spurs knew that. Good for Gary that he parlayed a summer league performance into a 6.5 million 2 year contract. He's instant offense but so is Marco and at least Marco has a fairly high BB IQ and can pass the ball. If we keep Neal, we don't get Marco.

SpurPadre
01-05-2014, 01:38 AM
I stand corrected, but why would SA low ball him like that? He played for pennies for three season. At least give him a Danny Green type deal... We're in WIN NOW mode. This guy can get his own shot and has a good stroke.
Let's see, he killed ball movement, took shots away from much better players on the court, had horrific shot clock awareness and his defense made steve Nash 's d look like gary Payton's.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Cancer? What's wrong with Neal calling someone out and speaking the truth?

hsxvvd
01-05-2014, 03:05 AM
Sanders is the Cancer here... Neal just calling him out. Who else has the "veteran" presence in that locker room to do so? Ridnour? Butler? Both pussies imo. Neal with it.

HI-FI
01-05-2014, 03:16 AM
actually liked the comment from Neal. Guy was overall a very good deal for Spurs, just too bad he couldn't do a lot besides Heroballin.

MR-Clutch
01-05-2014, 03:26 AM
My friend, that was once a trainer for the spurs, would always tell me what an attitude Gary Neal had. I'm not surprised. He didn't think weights were necessary for doing a simple jumpshot.

justinandimcool
01-05-2014, 03:53 AM
chucking Summer League heroballer calling out dudes :lol

I like Neal but damn, know your role

DapDaGenius
01-05-2014, 05:51 AM
I hope Sanders kicks his ass.

cd98
01-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Spurs were never going to sign Gary unless it was for pennies. They wanted Bellineli all along. I'm sure Neal knew that. Spurs tried to trade him but it was never in doubt the Spurs would let him walk. With Marco, Green, and Mills, there wasn't a need for Neal.

Biernutz
01-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Gary is a good bench player when he is in the game. Getting in the game is his problem. Gary has
foot problems that kept him on the bench much of last year and now he is having the same
problems this year. What the Spurs offered was probably about right for games played or
just to count on him ready to play . Check out his games played and minutes this year.

DesignatedT
01-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Lol scrub Neal. Like the dude but guy is awful.

DesignatedT
01-05-2014, 12:57 PM
And btw props to Gary for trying to be a leader in that awful locker room.

DMC
01-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Gary will be a coach eventually. How do I know this? He speaks well.

skulls138
01-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Im giving the benefit of the doubt to Neal. This guy has traveled the world trying to get a shot and then gets used to the winning ways of the Spurs. I can imagine that he's sick of losing and trying to light a fire in their ass. Anyways it seems as if Sanders is a total dissapointment and is sucking after getting signed for good money.

tholdren
01-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Im giving the benefit of the doubt to Neal. This guy has traveled the world trying to get shot and then gets used to the winning ways of the Spurs. I can imagine that he's sick of losing and trying to light a fire in their ass. Anyways it seems as if Sanders is a total dissapointment and is sucking after getting signed for good money.

LOL sanders has ALWAYS sucked. Hes a career 6ppg on a career 6fga and 2fta... he does grab 5 boards a game for a 6'11 player.... 4yrs 44 mil... CLASSIC

exstatic
01-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Nasty confrontation between Larry Sanders, Gary Neal in Bucks locker room. Neal as he left: ``I earn my money. You should try it sometime.''

he lived by his motto of "If I see rim, I'm open" but he wasnt calling out guys tbh..
OTOH, Sanders has a LONG reputation as a nutjob/lazy fuck.

itzsoweezee
01-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Sanders has proven to be a contract year superstar. Neal is totally right in this case.

Cklbmk
01-05-2014, 04:53 PM

When there was better options for less its not lowballing. it's offering him his true value

weeks
01-05-2014, 05:13 PM
LOL sanders has ALWAYS sucked. Hes a career 6ppg on a career 6fga and 2fta... he does grab 5 boards a game for a 6'11 player.... 4yrs 44 mil... CLASSIC
man, when you distill it down like that...it's really criminal what these front offices are allowed to do. it's essentially robbery.

skulls138
01-05-2014, 05:21 PM
man, when you distill it down like that...it's really criminal what these front offices are allowed to do. it's essentially robbery.Robbery for the rest of the players careers cuz all the money for someone actually good went to a moron. Honestly if you have a guy like that who's a cancer, send him home. Pay him what you have to pay him but ban him from the arena.

ceperez
01-05-2014, 07:55 PM
He's a good player.

Spurs low balled him for his entire time here.

He also got a low ball contract offer from the spurs.

However, there was a legitimate concern about his injury.

The Spurs still should have kept him and dumped either Joseph or De Colo.

exstatic
01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
man, when you distill it down like that...it's really criminal what these front offices are allowed to do. it's essentially robbery.

THIS is why many people on this board have mad respect for the Spurs front office. They don't sign dumbasses, and rarely overpay anyone. They also get out of their bad contracts pretty readily.

exstatic
01-05-2014, 08:06 PM
He's a good player.

Spurs low balled him for his entire time here.

He also got a low ball contract offer from the spurs.

However, there was a legitimate concern about his injury.

The Spurs still should have kept him and dumped either Joseph or De Colo.

You have no leverage when you are a nobody from Europe trying to break into the NBA. If it weren't for the Spurs, he'd still be there.

01-05-2014, 10:46 PM
THIS is why many people on this board have mad respect for the Spurs front office. They don't sign dumbasses, and rarely overpay anyone. They also get out of their bad contracts pretty readily.insert: Jeff Errors

:lol jk

T Park
01-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Because he isn't better than what is on the current roster. Period.

PÒÓCH
01-06-2014, 12:26 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3Bhp1Lk1pu0/UJxmSqWnkNI/AAAAAAAAAJk/BKR_JTwvUSw/s320/sanders.jpeg

Larry Sanders and Gary Neal got into it?

Skull-1
01-06-2014, 04:04 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3Bhp1Lk1pu0/UJxmSqWnkNI/AAAAAAAAAJk/BKR_JTwvUSw/s320/sanders.jpeg

My thought exactly.

DMC
01-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I thought Gary Neal and Colonel Sanders got into it.

still.focused
01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh
^This is what spurstalk has devolved to?

BatManu20
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM

Skull-1
01-07-2014, 08:08 PM
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh

Yes. Tbqh. Fwiw. IMHO. Per par.

ploto
01-07-2014, 08:52 PM

Showing his true colors...

Bruno
01-07-2014, 09:10 PM
It's sure it should be a shock for Neal from going to an highly professional Spurs team to a dysfunctional Bucks team. And it certainly isn't by trading Neal to please Sanders that Bucks will be less dysfunctional.

When you see events like that, it's not a surprise that a lot of teams hire coaches and GMs that were in SA.

exstatic
01-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Showing his true colors...

Sanders is the one at fault, but they just paid him a butt load of money. He has the lazy/crazy reputation in both college and the NBA. He just returned from an injury he got in a bar fight, and he was out for months.

Coaches and lower tier players always lose those types of confrontations, even if they're in the right. Just the facts of NBA life.

cjw
01-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Sanders is the one at fault, but they just paid him a butt load of money. He has the lazy/crazy reputation in both college and the NBA. He just returned from an injury he got in a bar fight, and he was out for months.

Coaches and lower tier players always lose those types of confrontations, even if they're in the right. Just the facts of NBA life.

Hope for Neal's sake he ends up in a better situation where he can be useful (go be a heat check / no D guy off the bench for a team in the East praying to win a few playoff games).

Baam
01-07-2014, 10:58 PM

Neal as backup point for Golden State could be scary, third splash brother tbh...

cd021
01-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Neal as backup point for Golden State could be scary, third splash brother tbh...

That would be problematic. As long as Curry or Iggy are on the floor and he can hide on defense.

tmtcsc
01-07-2014, 11:42 PM

HEY NOW !!!

http://media.giphy.com/media/OSOJLZNQINvW0/giphy.gif

cd021
01-07-2014, 11:54 PM
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh

Its starting to become a parody. People aren't even using it properly.

FireMicoHalili
01-08-2014, 01:50 AM

Yeah tbh siding tbh with tbh Neal tbh on tbh this tbh one tbh, per par imo you pos op

exstatic
01-08-2014, 08:04 AM
That would be problematic. As long as Curry or Iggy are on the floor and he can hide on defense.

The problem with that is that they'd have to hide both Neal AND Curry. They both suck on D.

ducks
01-19-2014, 05:52 PM
has not played a minute since imo

jARS mEsH sEt
01-19-2014, 06:10 PM
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh
tbh

groupthink

Texas_Ranger
01-19-2014, 07:48 PM
why is De Colo still on this team.Get rid of him already.

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
01-19-2014, 08:06 PM
^ hell yea Tbh.

Biernutz
01-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Did you see one play where Leonard just blew by Neal who did a Ole' and watched him slam the ball.
Gary has lost more than a step.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 01:03 AM
Did you see one play where Leonard just blew by Neal who did a Ole' and watched him slam the ball.

He used to do that with regularity here. We just have bigs that rotate so it didn't seem so shitty. He has always been a horrid defender. Watching him fight through screens is painful.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-20-2014, 11:45 AM

As if Gary Neal EVER had a prayer in guarding Leonard. LMAO. Really?

Biernutz
01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
As if Gary Neal EVER had a prayer in guarding Leonard. LMAO. Really?

The post was to point out his defense has not improved. Really?

Chomag
01-20-2014, 03:16 PM
He used to do that with regularity here. We just have bigs that rotate so it didn't seem so shitty. He has always been a horrid defender. Watching him fight through screens is painful.

I think Gary was on about every poster dunk highlight getting dunked on that year.

Biernutz
01-20-2014, 03:25 PM
I hope the Bucks didn't pay him $3 mil a year to guard anyone. Gary is on the shit list as he didn't play
the last 7 games as a coach's decision. He still has the foot problems as he had with the Spurs and
It is know that the Bucks want him gone.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 06:04 PM
I think Gary was on about every poster dunk highlight getting dunked on that year.

That and not being able to get back out to the perimeter to challenge shots when he sagged inside.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-20-2014, 10:53 PM
The post was to point out his defense has not improved. Really?

You implying he lost a step. You are clueless. The point was he couldn't guard Leonard EVER, he is a small guard who has always had horrid Defense. Using Leonard dunking on him as evidence of his declining D is comical. Just stop already. You were and are wrong.

Biernutz
01-21-2014, 01:05 AM
You implying he lost a step. You are clueless. The point was he couldn't guard Leonard EVER, he is a small guard who has always had horrid Defense. Using Leonard dunking on him as evidence of his declining D is comical. Just stop already. You were and are wrong.

What I said.....

His D has not improved. He would try in the past but his quickness is now gone. That is declining D and the more than step gone.
I said Leonard blew by him for a slam. That was the Ole'. Do you know what that means? Gary didn't try because he cannot keep
up with Bonner now. Two years of fighting Plantar Fasciitis and sitting the last 7 games on the bench because they want to trade
you can really put you in game shape. If he would have taken the Spurs offer he would still be with us now. Bad defense or not.
His best defense move was taking a charge. That is my opinion whether you like it or not I don't care.