PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets @ Lakers Sponsored by Tanks R Us

whitemamba
01-05-2014, 09:20 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5
denver by 10

Venti Quattro
01-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Easy work

unforeseen
01-05-2014, 10:19 PM
If Lakers win tonight, they will be only 4 games out of the playoffs.

spurraider21
01-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Pau refusing to allow the Lakers to tank, willing his d-league squad per par

lefty
01-05-2014, 11:39 PM
:cry Fournier
:cry 50% Algerian legend

Arcadian
01-05-2014, 11:57 PM
:lmao getting stomped by nate robinson

Venti Quattro
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Pau refusing to allow the Lakers to tank, willing his d-league squad per par

:lol How is that working out for you?

Deuce Bigalow
01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Not even the great MVPau could win this one.

irishock
01-06-2014, 12:02 AM
MVPau is a terrible shtick. The guy is literally one of the worst defensive players of all time at this stage.

racm
01-06-2014, 12:14 AM
MVPau is a terrible shtick. The guy is literally one of the worst defensive players of all time at this stage.

:lol worse at D than TimOSB

spurraider21
01-06-2014, 12:15 AM
:lol How is that working out for you?
He could only hold them off for 2.5 quarters. Admirable effort imo

spurraider21
01-06-2014, 12:18 AM
25 points 10 boards 5 assists, and 3 blocks and he's still getting shit

scanry
01-06-2014, 12:28 AM
17 assists.

lefty
01-06-2014, 12:29 AM
MVPau dong whats right for his team, running the tank machine

Venti Quattro
01-06-2014, 12:34 AM
MVPau dong whats right for his team, running the tank machine

Kobe doing his share by staying out of games. Although he could chuck the Lakers way to a lottery pick, he isn't risking anything like fluke good shooting games and 10+ assist games.

AchillesHeel
01-06-2014, 12:36 AM
MVPau putting up good fantasy stats while also helping his team tank

a true MVP, imo.

LkrFan
01-06-2014, 12:56 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5
denver by 10

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5

Great thread son (see sig). :tu

HI-FI
01-06-2014, 01:02 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuraFFGPwnRV847a6ZDEzg0_clRnGas rhw48Py2Zykzo5J_bC5

Great thread son (see sig). :tu

smh at Lakers tanking, now following teams like Bobcats and Cavaliers. I thought Lakers didn't rebuild, they reloaded. son, dem dark clouds over yonder.

Spur-Addict
01-06-2014, 01:40 AM
smh at Lakers tanking, now following teams like Bobcats and Cavaliers. I thought Lakers didn't rebuild, they reloaded. son, dem dark clouds over yonder.

They have to huddle in with the rest after those salary cap balls were clipped tbh

ElNono
01-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Difficult task ahead for MVPau without his sidekick Xavier Henry, tbh...

HI-FI
01-06-2014, 02:00 AM
They have to huddle in with the rest after those salary cap balls were clipped tbh

Agree, though they still have some wiggle room since it's not a hard cap, but it definitely ain't like it used to be.

spurraider21
01-06-2014, 03:14 AM
:lol nice

Venti Quattro
01-06-2014, 03:17 AM

Just wait when the real Mamba Blake makes his return. We going to the playoffs

:lol NBA

LkrFan
01-06-2014, 05:11 AM

-1:lol points for deflecting the real issues here:

If the Lakers don't tank, that means they are trying to contend
If they are contending (at least on paper), that means they pay luxury taxes
If they pay luxury taxes, that means revenue sharing for small market teams like the Spurs
They run the risk of paying a hefty repeater luxury tax

Why do that with this roster? It makes no sense.

OTOH, tanking for the Lakers means the following:

The Lakers will most likely land a high draft pick. Why you ask?
Stern. He knows he F:lolcked us with the CP3 botched trade. Don't think he will?
Look at Nawlins. They lost their franchise player (CP3). Now they got another one in AD - via #1 overall pick.
Lakers get to (potentially) draft a highly talented impact player
This impact will be on a cheap rookie contract which does 2 things

Increases our overall talent. You need talent, chemistry and luck (health) to win in this league
Gives Fred:lol more flexibility to sign other FAs

Makes the Lakers younger and more athletic

Which also makes the Lakers attractive to future FAs. We already have a great location. If we have cap space? It's :loln

No revenue sharing for leaching teams that sell playoff frontcourt seats for $2.99 and a free Pepsi

I'm in the minority as a Laker Fan (for precisely the reasons you stated), but looking at the new CBA and how it is designed to keep small market teams afloat, it's the right thing to do. Especially since we ain't winning jack shit this year anyway. Might as well prepare for the future...just like the Spurs did in 1996... with the 1st overall pick of the 1997 draft, the Spurs select... :downspin:

spurraider21
01-06-2014, 05:40 AM
I'm in the minority as a Laker Fan
Mexicans aren't minorities in the Laker fan base tbh

scanry
01-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Spurstalk was at its peak in 2007-08 tbh. We had the Mavs krew, fresh out of the boat Laker fans, BR, Spurs fans & Ghazi going at it all season.

A lot of the old posters have stopped posting in the NBA Forum tbh. They've moved on (NFL Forum tbh).

LkrFan
01-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Mexicans aren't minorities in the Laker fan base tbhFag! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Killakobe81
01-06-2014, 08:51 AM
MVPau putting up good fantasy stats while also helping his team tank

a true MVP, imo.

Absofreakinglutely ...good classy company man, that Pau is ...

AchillesHeel
01-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Absofreakinglutely ...good classy company man, that Pau is ...

He's just doing what's asked of him, tbh. Put up good stats so he could be traded and don't give a shit on defense and give up big runs in the 2nd half. Obvious tank job.

We saw how he rallied the team back without Kirby and posted a triple double to lead the team to the POs(26 pts 11 reb 10 ast vs GSW, 17 pts 20 reb 11 ast vs HOU). He averaged 17 pts 16 reb 8 ast 2 blk during those games. He also put up 14 12 and 7 in the Spurs series.

HI-FI
01-06-2014, 09:05 PM

If they pay luxury taxes, that means revenue sharing for small market teams like the Spurs

Stern. He knows he F:lolcked us with the CP3 botched trade. Don't think he will?
Look at Nawlins. They lost their franchise player (CP3). Now they got another one in AD - via #1 overall pick.

Increases our overall talent. You need talent, chemistry and luck (health) to win in this league

Which also makes the Lakers attractive to future FAs. We already have a great location. If we have cap space? It's :loln

No revenue sharing for leaching teams that sell playoff frontcourt seats for $2.99 and a free Pepsi

I'm in the minority as a Laker Fan (for precisely the reasons you stated), but looking at the new CBA and how it is designed to keep small market teams afloat, it's the right thing to do. Especially since we ain't winning jack shit this year anyway. Might as well prepare for the future...just like the Spurs did in 1996... with the 1st overall pick of the 1997 draft, the Spurs select... :downspin:

that's a lot of the usual :downspin: from you, but it still doesn't answer my basic theory, that Lakers used to brag about reloading and not rebuilding, now they've been reduced to actually tanking. you guys also claimed you were the no.1 free agent location but you were reduced to the Begging. These are some ominous signs.

as for your theory on revenue sharing, pretty sure the Spurs pump out a lot of money for the league, so save your pesos for shitty teams.

and smdh at you guys for still crying over that CP3 veto. that was literally the first time Stern didn't hook you guys up by screwing over other teams. shady trades, FT hookups in elimination games especially 2002 WCF, coming down on Rockets for drug abuse in the 80s when Magic was the worst at partying hard and taking loads up the ass from filthy trannies. Silver already said that he thinks Spurs should be more celebrated, so I think the Tribe has a better course for the league. Sorry son, I didn't write the new CBA.......but I do support it. :toast

DMC
01-06-2014, 09:26 PM

Can't have government workers like you with decent seats.

LkrFan
01-06-2014, 10:02 PM
that's a lot of the usual :downspin: from you, but it still doesn't answer my basic theory, that Lakers used to brag about reloading and not rebuilding, now they've been reduced to actually tanking. you guys also claimed you were the no.1 free agent location but you were reduced to the Begging. These are some ominous signs.

as for your theory on revenue sharing, pretty sure the Spurs pump out a lot of money for the league, so save your pesos for shitty teams.

and smdh at you guys for still crying over that CP3 veto. that was literally the first time Stern didn't hook you guys up by screwing over other teams. shady trades, FT hookups in elimination games especially 2002 WCF, coming down on Rockets for drug abuse in the 80s when Magic was the worst at partying hard and taking loads up the ass from filthy trannies. Silver already said that he thinks Spurs should be more celebrated, so I think the Tribe has a better course for the league. Sorry son, I didn't write the new CBA.......but I do support it. :toast
:lolf course you small market farmers support it. And yes, that CP3 botched trade fucked the Lakers in many ways. It's cool though. The Lakers will be back. And yes, LA is still the #1 FA destination. However, I hope they learned their lesson from the FA acquisitions of Mailman, GP, Mitch Richmond, Howard, and Nash - don't just throw money at "names" - that shit doesn't do anything but produce unfulfilled hype. Time will tell if Fred:lol learned his lesson. Or n:lolt.

LkrFan
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Can't have government workers like you with decent seats.
:lol

rayjayjohnson
01-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, just looking for Thread. You seen him? I've got something I want to roll out.

Jodelo
01-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, just looking for Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320). You seen him? I've got something I want to roll out.

:lol

Rogue
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Thread made a post in the "sad song" thread down there in the Club earlier today tbh, but he hasn't been active in the NBA forum for quite a few days for some unknown reason.