PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: It still hurts

Thebesteva
01-06-2014, 01:07 AM
It was approximately 40 days ago that it happened...and honestly.....it still hurts. The Lakers threw away their chances of being a contender for the next 5 years with just a simple contract extension. Overpaying a player who can no longer play more than 60 games a season nor can he play at an elite level, a record $48 million dollar contract extension.

Now that Fredo realized what he had done, and Bryant's knee broke as predicted by any logical basketball fan, the franchise is in shambles begging for Bynum's return.

2015-2016 could have been about getting Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, rebuilding around a young core nucleus and bringing in a solid head coach. However, the Lakers and the Kobestans still live in the dream that Kobe can return to form and win #6 somehow. It's going to be a brutal few years filled with excuses for Kobe fans.

Ghazi
01-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Lakers may be relevant again in 2017 or so.

apalisoc_9
01-06-2014, 01:36 AM
It was approximately 40 days ago that it happened...and honestly.....it still hurts. The Lakers threw away their chances of being a contender for the next 5 years with just a simple contract extension. Overpaying a player who can no longer play more than 60 games a season nor can he play at an elite level, a record $48 million dollar contract extension.

Now that Fredo realized what he had done, and Bryant's knee broke as predicted by any logical basketball fan, the franchise is in shambles begging for Bynum's return.

2015-2016 could have been about getting Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, rebuilding around a young core nucleus and bringing in a solid head coach. However, the Lakers and the Kobestans still live in the dream that Kobe can return to form and win #6 somehow. It's going to be a brutal few years filled with excuses for Kobe fans.

You're a shit poster brah.

ElNono
01-06-2014, 01:48 AM
Dr Buss ain't walking through that door...

ezau
01-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Nono with no regard for human life.

Rogue
01-06-2014, 08:46 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/lakers_standard/content/images-top/2013/11/ts_131125kobe_extension670.jpg

Killakobe81
01-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Dr Buss ain't walking through that door...

Sad, but true ...
But Lakersarethebesteva so melodramatic Lakers were heading for non-contention regardless of Kobe's extension ...

AchillesHeel
01-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Sad, but true ...
But Lakersarethebesteva so melodramatic Lakers were heading for non-contention regardless of Kobe's extension ...

Kirby slows that process down by a lot with that contract...It's not that he's not worth 24 mil a year to the franchise, it's just that it kills any chance they had at building a contender next year and the year after.

Lakers will probably add Melo and Thomas or Lowry next season, still might not be enough to make the POs and you don't have a 1st rd draft pick either.

whitemamba
01-06-2014, 09:13 AM
damn nigga get over it

Killakobe81
01-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Kirby slows that process down by a lot with that contract...It's not that he's not worth 24 mil a year to the franchise, it's just that it kills any chance they had at building a contender next year and the year after.

Lakers will probably add Melo and Thomas or Lowry next season, still might not be enough to make the POs and you don't have a 1st rd draft pick either.

Melo is a bully on the block, but I hope the Lakers choose to rebuild and DO Not sign him or anyone and bottom out draft pick or no.
Though I think Pau will still net a late 1st rounder (2015) if not from the Cavs from someone else.
Again i do not give a shit if Kobe would of let them sign some "off brand" dude ... if we sign som,eone just to look "active" and pay them superstar money it's following one mistake (Kobe extension) with another)
Lakers were not gonna be contenders. Playoffs? sure, but they made it last year too how did that work out?
Either way LBE is still too dramatic ...not saying he cant bash Kobe for this, I said he should get $15 million max, but move on. for example with "6" as long as you are honest admit that shit hurt and Spurs gave it away then it's over.
I only call to task those that won't admit the facts.
I wholly admit Kobe should not of taken $24 million $15 would of been fair value even $16 ... but 24 million?!
But here's the thing ... the $24 doesnt even kick until next year ...He is getting wha,t $28 million to sit on the bench THIS year ...which sucks.
Again Lebron is NOt walking through that door ...
And it's about time we rebuild I dont want any crash grab players.
Kob'e contract is hurting us short-term .... but I think in the long run it will help because we cant sign a bunch of posers to make a "run" built around Kobe when we shouldnt even try at this point.
Kool and others want one last glory run with Kobe ... but signing Melo, Gay etc will just extend our mediocrity.

DMC
01-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Aren't you from the Philippines? Were you there during the recent mega-storm?

DMC
01-06-2014, 03:05 PM
It's not about X's and O's, it's about Exes and Hoes.

look_at_g_shred
01-06-2014, 04:21 PM
#beatnotbroken

lakerhaterade
01-06-2014, 04:24 PM
& you are a faggot