View Full Version : Cavs: Bynum traded for Deng

Venti Quattro
01-07-2014, 12:58 AM

Thebesteva
01-07-2014, 01:00 AM
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/900/2bd7241bed37d76672670453ec3cc810.gif

thunderup
01-07-2014, 01:01 AM
I don't know what to make much of this trade right now. Deng's tenure with Chicago was as worn out as Mack Brown's at UT. Bynum is a shitbag piece of shit nowadays.

Clipper Nation
01-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Bulls will probably release Bynum, hopefully the Clippers can sign him....

LkrFan
01-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Pau: "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!" :lol

LkrFan
01-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Bulls will probably release Bynum, hopefully the Clippers can sign him....

What about DeContract J:lolrdan?

Clipper Nation
01-07-2014, 01:10 AM
What about DeContract J:lolrdan?

What about him? We need a third big who's better than Mullens or Hollins, tbh :downspin:

Robz4000
01-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Glad they didn't fold for the Lakers. Now lets see where Bynum lands...

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Good for the Bulls, finally realizing they need to rebuild, tbh..

:lmao @ all the NBA fans(and there are many), that picked the Bulls to compete with Miami since 2011..

JohnnyMax
01-07-2014, 01:18 AM
Bulls tank mode for Jabari Parker? Silver to rig lottery again?

RsxPiimp
Horrible move for the Cavs, now they have to overpay Deng in the off season despite investing $$$ on Clark, a pick on Bennett and they still have Gee in the rotation. Gasol is the better player, but L.A's asking price is rumored to be high.

Wise move by the Bulls though, have they used their amnesty provision yet? Need to take Boozer out too.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
Good for the Bulls, finally realizing they need to rebuild, tbh..

:lmao @ all the NBA fans(and there are many), that picked the Bulls to compete with Miami since 2011..

why are you so gay for miami? dump that cum guzzled in your mouth bro lebron don't give a fuck about you

Venti Quattro
01-07-2014, 01:19 AM

LkrFan
01-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Kyrie
Waiters
Deng
Thompson
Side Show Bob

Not bad. Forecast: 2nd round KO?

LkrFan
01-07-2014, 01:21 AM
why are you so gay for miami? dump that cum guzzled in your mouth bro lebron don't give a fuck about you

Do you think HH is a spitter or a swall:lolwer tbh?

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 01:22 AM
They just lost 8 of their last 9 games, doubt Deng is the answer:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Do you think HH is a spitter or a swall:lolwer tbh?

it depends whatever mood he's in... when SA was about to beat Miami.. he was deff spitting, tbh

but when he gets owned and his lil homeboys come in to help him, swallowing all the way :lmao

Robz4000
01-07-2014, 01:24 AM
:wow Chicago potentially has 3 first round picks in the draft this year. If everything falls in their favor and they jettison Rose to some retarded GM for younger talent/ assets, they could contend quickly.

LkrFan
01-07-2014, 01:24 AM
it depends whatever mood he's in... when SA was about to beat Miami.. he was deff spitting, tbh

but when he gets owned and his lil homeboys come in to help him, swallowing all the way :lmao
:lol

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Deng doesn't have much left in the tank, tbh, and he has always been a little overrated IMO..

I don't know why Cleveland is so eager to become 1st round fodder..I suppose it's to keep Irving happy, but it really isn't worth it for an overrated chucker:lol..

Thebesteva
01-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't know what to make much of this trade right now. Deng's tenure with Chicago was as worn out as Mack Brown's at UT. Bynum is a shitbag piece of shit nowadays.

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000022297056-8x1ykf-crop.jpg?d53bf9f

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:28 AM
Very, very good trade for the Bulls. They got even more than I thought they could. Mark Deeks wrote a good article about this, but Bulls still have a very talented young core (Rose/Butler/Taj/Noah) and now they can add FA's and a few good young pieces in what should be a deep draft. They made a very good trade that really should only stunt them for 1 or 2 years if they act wisely. Have to imagine Boozer is traded or amnestied if he can't be moved.

I would have to imagine, with the picks CLE included that Deng has given them indication that he's willing to sign an extension. Teams need to make the playoffs. CLE with Deng can very likely do that as he's a very good fit at their biggest position of need on paper. CLE still has a couple draft picks too so that is ok. They can add via draft as well and getting good FA's is tough in CLE. This trade is good with potential to be very good if they draft well and Deng works out.

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Deng is only overrated when you rely on him to be a top 2 scoring option. If he's top 3 or less, he is very, very good like Iggy. Teams can only suck for so long. Not every team will be a contender and if you have a shot to make the playoffs for a few years, you need to do it.

BatManu20
01-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Dumb move by the Cavs. Dan Gilbert is a tard and is making Kyrie's decision to to leave CLE that much easier.

Bynum to Miami imo. LAC would be my second guess.

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Shamsports Article: Mark nailed it:

http://www.shamsports.com/2014/01/the-bulls-should-trade-for-andrew-bynum.html

ElNono
01-07-2014, 01:37 AM
What's Dan Gilbert doing? :lol

smh

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Luol Deng rejected a 3 year, $30 million extension with Bulls last week, league source tells Yahoo. Turned out to be prelude to trade.

_Woj

:lol Like I said, Cavs is about to overpay for Deng otherwise they wasted draft picks for nothing.

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:40 AM
CLE can clear about 17M in cap space by waiving Clark/Gee and trading Anderson V. Assuming that Deng signs a 3 year 36M contract (he turned down 3 years 30M by CHI), that would give CLE only ~46M in salary with:

PG: Kyrie
SG: Waiters
SF: Deng
PF: Thompson
C: ?

Bench of Jack, Zeller, Bennett

CHI is now a player in FA (if the move Boozer with no return salary or amnesty him) have two lottery picks this year more than likely and a decent core already.

irishock
01-07-2014, 01:41 AM
:lol Deng thinking he's worth more than 30 mil for 3 years
:lol Shitcago, Chiraq media hyping him up

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:42 AM
What's Dan Gilbert doing? :lol

smh

In all honesty, it makes sense. I will have to see which picks they gave up exactly, but they have so damn many it's not a huge deal. Deng is a very solid player, good lockerroom guy by all accounts and helps them at a position of need. You can't just go on sucking forever hoping to land a Duncan. You have to go for it and even overpaying Deng doesn't put them in cap hell (with the right moves subsequently) and they still can build through the draft.

ElNono
01-07-2014, 01:51 AM
In all honesty, it makes sense. I will have to see which picks they gave up exactly, but they have so damn many it's not a huge deal. Deng is a very solid player, good lockerroom guy by all accounts and helps them at a position of need. You can't just go on sucking forever hoping to land a Duncan. You have to go for it and even overpaying Deng doesn't put them in cap hell (with the right moves subsequently) and they still can build through the draft.

"the Cavaliers also sent the Bulls a first-round pick, two second-rounders, and gave Chicago the right to swap first-round choices in 2015 if the Cavs are not in the lottery"

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/cavs-send-bynum-bulls-deng-picks-21444088

Personally, I've been saying Deng is overrated for a while and he really does nothing for them... the SF position right now in the East is the strongest position. Deng can't compete with those guys. You have to try to make up the difference at other positions.

I understand them getting something for nothing (Bynum), but too many picks for a non-difference maker, IMO.

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:56 AM
He's definitely a difference maker in the right situation and against everyone but the Heat and maybe Pacers (to a lesser degree) he matters a lot. CLE still has either their own pick (or the Bulls if they swap) and a couple others over the next 2 years so this pick they gave up (which could be a great pick since SAC sucks) was just one of many, but it could end up being a great pick.

Again, I don't love Deng, but he's exactly what a team like CLE needs if you are trying to push for the playoffs (which they should). The main reason I think it's good is because they still have draft picks to build with and cap space. In that scenario, I think it was the right move.

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 02:00 AM
CLE can clear about 17M in cap space by waiving Clark/Gee and trading Anderson V. Assuming that Deng signs a 3 year 36M contract (he turned down 3 years 30M by CHI), that would give CLE only ~46M in salary with:

PG: Kyrie
SG: Waiters
SF: Deng
PF: Thompson
C: ?

Bench of Jack, Zeller, Bennett

CHI is now a player in FA (if the move Boozer with no return salary or amnesty him) have two lottery picks this year more than likely and a decent core already.

"Have been told Luol Deng's reps wanted $15-$16 million/season"
-Jeff Zillgitt

Which is what you would expect after Deng's 6 yr/$71 million deal expires this year.

BatManu20
01-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Bynum perhaps?

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 02:03 AM
"the Cavaliers also sent the Bulls a first-round pick, two second-rounders, and gave Chicago the right to swap first-round choices in 2015 if the Cavs are not in the lottery"

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/cavs-send-bynum-bulls-deng-picks-21444088

Personally, I've been saying Deng is overrated for a while and he really does nothing for them... the SF position right now in the East is the strongest position. Deng can't compete with those guys. You have to try to make up the difference at other positions.

I understand them getting something for nothing (Bynum), but too many picks for a non-difference maker, IMO.

Actually, that Sacramento pick is heavily protected, those 2nd rounders are practically nothing in this deal. Question now is how much Gilbert will pay Deng. Luol was their ideal piece in the first place, so I think Chris Grant is sold on the idea that Luol is the missing piece in Cleveland.

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Bynum perhaps?

Fwiw, Clippers are interested in everyone :lol

Signed Darius Morris to a 10 day contract
Interested in signing Sasha Vujacic
Interested in signing Hedo Turkoglu
May still sign Lamar Odom once he's off the crack

Venti Quattro
01-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Fwiw, Clippers are interested in everyone :lol

Signed Darius Morris to a 10 day contract
Interested in signing Sasha Vujacic
Interested in signing Hedo Turkoglu
May still sign Lamar Odom once he's off the crack

Do they get every idea from the Lakers...

spurraider21
01-07-2014, 02:36 AM
:lmao anthony bennett pick

CitizenDwayne
01-07-2014, 02:41 AM
:lmao anthony bennett pick

ElNono
01-07-2014, 02:50 AM
He's definitely a difference maker in the right situation and against everyone but the Heat and maybe Pacers (to a lesser degree) he matters a lot. CLE still has either their own pick (or the Bulls if they swap) and a couple others over the next 2 years so this pick they gave up (which could be a great pick since SAC sucks) was just one of many, but it could end up being a great pick.

Again, I don't love Deng, but he's exactly what a team like CLE needs if you are trying to push for the playoffs (which they should). The main reason I think it's good is because they still have draft picks to build with and cap space. In that scenario, I think it was the right move.

IMO, you're still overrating Deng, tbh...

Cleveland is a shitty team. Outside Kyrie, they have nobody. Varejao also overrated, no offense and constantly injured. They have no shooting guard, no power forward, zero bench and potato head as the coach. They have had picks and capspace all this time, and it keeps going to waste because management is also terrible. I'm going to have a good laugh if they pay Deng anything over $10m a season.

They're 11-23 right now, fully engaged in tank mode. While they're only 3 games away from a playoff spot, that's more an indication of the massive tanking going on in the East than how good a team they can be. Even with Deng, I'll be surprised if they finish over .500 this season.

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 03:12 AM
Cleveland has openly tanked for the past 3 drafts. Now they're desperately trying to sneak in that 8th spot when in reality , this is the draft they should really aim to tank hard :lol

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 03:14 AM
Do they get every idea from the Lakers...

Won't be surprised if they go after Gasol this off season lmao

Jacob1983
01-07-2014, 03:45 AM
What was up with the pedo teacher on the Simpsons? Deng is gonna go off in Cleveland.

Captivus
01-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Any details on those 3 picks?

TDMVPDPOY
01-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Any details on those 3 picks?

all 2nd round picks man, nothing special...

JoeTait75
01-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Cleveland has openly tanked for the past 3 drafts. Now they're desperately trying to sneak in that 8th spot when in reality , this is the draft they should really aim to tank hard :lol

At some point you have to make an effort to win games. Tanking for years on end is a good way to turn into the Sacramento Kings.

baseline bum
01-07-2014, 08:56 AM
I guess it's better than the Gasol deal, with Pau being 33. Still, paying Deng the contract he's after???

Koolaid_Man
01-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Actually, that Sacramento pick is heavily protected, those 2nd rounders are practically nothing in this deal. Question now is how much Gilbert will pay Deng. Luol was their ideal piece in the first place, so I think Chris Grant is sold on the idea that Luol is the missing piece in Cleveland.

Dan Gilbert? The fact that he re-hired potato head is all you need to know about him and his franchise....:lol He's not in Mitch's class tbh

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Deng doesn't have much left in the tank, tbh, and he has always been a little overrated IMO..

I don't know why Cleveland is so eager to become 1st round fodder..I suppose it's to keep Irving happy, but it really isn't worth it for an overrated chucker:lol..

Deng is a bit overrated. I dont have much love for Dukies ... but to be fair TT and VDN wore this dude down. Deng before his injuries was constantly among the league leaders in minutes per game. So of course his body is breaking down. Deng guarded the top wing scorer was at least the 2nd option on offense when healthy along with playing those minutes. If the Cavs get him 100% healthy they definitely have a chance to compete for teh 3rd spot in the "LEAST". My concern is that locker-room. Waiters supposedly has had beef with team-mates, bynum pulling a tony Parker on a coach's wife, and Kyrie unhappy ...
Brown doesnt seem like a own the locker-room type coach tbh ...

As for Bulls. Not sure TT has it in him to tank. With so many bad coaches and awful teams I don't see it. only way they can tank for Jabari is to jettison Noah.
How did they swindle the bobcats 1st round pick? Charlotte should definitely make a playoff run a tank does them nothing.

HH, bulls were never a legit threat with Boozer as a prominent figure ...funny thing is he plays well vs. Heat (regular season) dude's ball shrivels in the playoffs.

Leetonidas
01-07-2014, 09:35 AM
:lol People thinking Bynum is going to Miami for peanuts

Nigga got his rings already and he won't be healthy anyway. He's going to whatever scrub team pays him the most

Captivus
01-07-2014, 09:36 AM
all 2nd round picks man, nothing special...

Thx. Makes sense...but hey, who never know, some NBA FOs are a disaster.

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 09:41 AM
IMO, you're still overrating Deng, tbh...

Cleveland is a shitty team. Outside Kyrie, they have nobody. Varejao also overrated, no offense and constantly injured. They have no shooting guard, no power forward, zero bench and potato head as the coach. They have had picks and capspace all this time, and it keeps going to waste because management is also terrible. I'm going to have a good laugh if they pay Deng anything over $10m a season.

They're 11-23 right now, fully engaged in tank mode. While they're only 3 games away from a playoff spot, that's more an indication of the massive tanking going on in the East than how good a team they can be. Even with Deng, I'll be surprised if they finish over .500 this season.

I'm with El here ...
I get SF was a problem spot but why give up so much for Deng? IF you make the same argument (DPG) you did against the Pau move ...why should they pay extra for a rental? I could understand sweeten with either the 1st round pick or the the two 2nd rounders ...but not both. I think Cavs are trying to hide teh fact t hey just drafted one of the biggest top pick busts in recent memory. Maybe this kid will get better and Deng if healthy could mentor this kid Bennett but my guess is Deng will want a big contract or a lot of years and he will not be worth it. I do think it was a better deal for them because Deng was more a need and Pau a luxury ...
But I think Pau could of had a positive effect from a ball movement perspective. And if his jumper is working a better pick n pop player.

But DPG is right about the fact that they had no shot at defending Lebron/PG/Pierce/Melo ...but only Lebron and George really matter and it's not like the cavs wont get stomped by them regardless. I say great trade for the Bulls mediocre trade for the Cavs.

AchillesHeel
01-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Deng is in his prime, he can be a great 3rd option on offense. He's a lot like Iggy in terms of what he brings to the game, he just needs to improve his 3pt shot. He's still only 28 and is averaging 19 7 and 4, not that bad of a trade, imo.

Rogue
01-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Even the Bulls have begun to tank... East :lol

Rogue
01-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Can't wait until NY also goes tanking mode so we'll get big daddy TC back, without losing nothing but some expiring shits and picks, and we'd be re-STACKED with TC back!

Raven
01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
i don't know what to make of this trade tbh, it looks very good on both sides depending how things turn out. If deng sucks, they may resign him for cheap, if he does good than they solved their huge hole and can actually become a legit team. Chicago should have started tanking the moment Rose got injured the first time, but better later than never(sort of :lol), they also may have used the last bit of energy Deng had left, the poison Thibs run him pretty hard, he may be 28 but his athletic age is more like 58. We'll see how the picks turn out and if Deng gets resigned for a normal amount of money, but decent trade anyway.

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Thx. Makes sense...but hey, who never know, some NBA FOs are a disaster.

there is a future 1st involved ...

Captivus
01-07-2014, 12:51 PM
there is a future 1st involved ...

OMG....

Mal
01-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Can't wait until NY also goes tanking mode so we'll get big daddy TC back, without losing nothing but some expiring shits and picks, and we'd be re-STACKED with TC back!

They cant do that. They dont have this draft`s pick.

DPG21920
01-07-2014, 01:36 PM
The reasons it makes sense to give up the pick for Deng vs Pau are many. Deng fills a bigger need, is younger & very likely will resign with CLE. Not sure Pau would do that no matter how much they offered. For the right player, it's worth giving a pick for CLE because they still have a few.

It really wasn't a that expensive of a price to pay for a player of Dengs quality. It was still a great trade for CHI even though they could have gotten more but this allows them to reload cheaply & quickly.

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 02:14 PM
The reasons it makes sense to give up the pick for Deng vs Pau are many. Deng fills a bigger need, is younger & very likely will resign with CLE. Not sure Pau would do that no matter how much they offered. For the right player, it's worth giving a pick for CLE because they still have a few.

It really wasn't a that expensive of a price to pay for a player of Dengs quality. It was still a great trade for CHI even though they could have gotten more but this allows them to reload cheaply & quickly.

Agree on need.
As someone said TT ran Deng in to the ground, so he is much "older" in minutes than his age ...
This was not about Pau this was about giving up a 1st round pick two second rounders AND offering cap relief.
Great trade for Bulls they bluffed at the table and won.
Lakers bluffed and lost.
Cavs got a worn down though needed upgrade at SF ...
Not a horrible trade for Cavs but a mediocre one whether or not they resign Deng tbh ...

And remember i am the one who argued NO should of insisted on Bledsoe instead of Aminu in Cp3 deal ...
Lakers have nothing do with my thoughts just saying if you have the leverage (saving the other team money) Cavs did not use it well.

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Oh and that is almost the same logic (they have multiple 1st rounders) as me arguing that well the Lakers have the money to pay the repeater tax . Of course you can pay whatever you want but doesnt mean that you SHOULD. Sure tha Cavs have an extra 1st rounder but why give up one so easily? Those 2 2nd rounders should of been fine or the first rounder dont get why they needed to give up both.

ambchang
01-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Cavs should have just waived Bynum and tanked for the draft. At some point, they have to do a major overhaul and realized that they can't just patch up all the holes on that roster.

The locker room does not have a respected veteran presence, Waiters and Irving are both rumoured to be less than ideal teammates, Bennett just sucks (so far), Varejao is constantly injured, and now they've added Deng who is likely going to demand a larger contract than he's worth.

Mike Brown can be an excellent assistant coach but doesn't seem to have the presence to command respect.

Simply trade all their players for picks and some veteran leadership. Irving is massively overrated, his game is very entertaining to watch, sort of like Kenny Anderson, Jason Williams or Damon Stoudamire back in the day (but more so), but I am not sure if it's the type of game that would help them win games because a) he is very inefficient, b) he plays like a blackhole, especially for a point guard, c) he plays no defense.

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Cavs should have just waived Bynum and tanked for the draft. At some point, they have to do a major overhaul and realized that they can't just patch up all the holes on that roster.

The locker room does not have a respected veteran presence, Waiters and Irving are both rumoured to be less than ideal teammates, Bennett just sucks (so far), Varejao is constantly injured, and now they've added Deng who is likely going to demand a larger contract than he's worth.

Mike Brown can be an excellent assistant coach but doesn't seem to have the presence to command respect.

Simply trade all their players for picks and some veteran leadership. Irving is massively overrated, his game is very entertaining to watch, sort of like Kenny Anderson, Jason Williams or Damon Stoudamire back in the day (but more so), but I am not sure if it's the type of game that would help them win games because a) he is very inefficient, b) he plays like a blackhole, especially for a point guard, c) he plays no defense.

Amb with the goods...but Im hoping much like Ellis looks this year ...he can be redeemed though ellis was probably not THAT bad a defender.
IDK if it is the coach in me or my love of "chuckers" as DMC once put it ... but I think with the right coach and the right team-mates many of these shot happy guys can be redeemed.
Problem is I once thought the same about Stephon Marbury ...

Rc got Montae to buy in to their system and has improved his assists and efficiency quite a bit ...no reason Kyrie with a quality coach could not do the same.

Happy New year Amb, love it when you are just talking hoops and not trollin' ....

hater
01-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Spurs with their "loyalty" would have resigned Deng to 2 years 20 million :lmao

DMC
01-07-2014, 05:32 PM
lol Kool... get in here and spin this shit.

Rogue
01-07-2014, 07:17 PM
My nigga Kyrie Irving is the guard version of Paul George and I believe it'll come a breakthrough year for him like this year for Paul George, but probably it won't happen until my nigga moves elsewhere and joins a team that's not such a shitty franchise as the cavs are.

ambchang
01-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Amb with the goods...but Im hoping much like Ellis looks this year ...he can be redeemed though ellis was probably not THAT bad a defender.
IDK if it is the coach in me or my love of "chuckers" as DMC once put it ... but I think with the right coach and the right team-mates many of these shot happy guys can be redeemed.
Problem is I once thought the same about Stephon Marbury ...

Rc got Montae to buy in to their system and has improved his assists and efficiency quite a bit ...no reason Kyrie with a quality coach could not do the same.

Happy New year Amb, love it when you are just talking hoops and not trollin' ....

Chucked rehab is a tough job. Those guys have to change the players entire mindset. And they all have different Lindsey's to begin with.

KFC got Jordan to trust the system to feed off of Jordan's desire to win and put himself in the conversation with magic and bird. He did it again by feeding Kobe's ego by making him think that he was equal billing with shaq.

Pop did it with Parker by establishing Duncan as the clog with everything built around him, then slowly giving Parker a longer lease.

I am not sure what RC did, but I assume having a guy like dirk on the team can help.

Them for every success story, you'd find an iverson, Marbury, hard away, to an extent Kobe, stack house, and now Irving, wall, rose, curry, and a whole lot of others.

DMC
01-07-2014, 07:36 PM
^that's "cog" lol but close

Killakobe81
01-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Chucked rehab is a tough job. Those guys have to change the players entire mindset. And they all have different Lindsey's to begin with.

KFC got Jordan to trust the system to feed off of Jordan's desire to win and put himself in the conversation with magic and bird. He did it again by feeding Kobe's ego by making him think that he was equal billing with shaq.

Pop did it with Parker by establishing Duncan as the clog with everything built around him, then slowly giving Parker a longer lease.

I am not sure what RC did, but I assume having a guy like dirk on the team can help.

Them for every success story, you'd find an iverson, Marbury, hard away, to an extent Kobe, stack house, and now Irving, wall, rose, curry, and a whole lot of others.

I hear ya ...not easy to fight your instinct as much as Admire Kobe's game I wish he had done a better job with it. PJ seemed to do the best at it ...and it's not like he doesn't know better but his ego is a monster.

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 11:08 PM
At some point you have to make an effort to win games. Tanking for years on end is a good way to turn into the Sacramento Kings.

The logic of a win-now move is mortgaging part of your future in order to maximize present gain, which we all know is irrelevant considering what's at stake. They still have a 11-23 record and a -5.8 point differential, none of which Deng can fix. The Cavs are striving towards a first-round sweep or possibly missing the playoffs by a game or two.

The move is entirely backwards. Cleveland seems to think making the playoffs proves they are a legitimate NBA franchise. Far more important is building an organization that values the right things, maintains a long-term perspective and doesn’t get too caught up in the public relations game.

The addition of Deng gives the Cavs an unwieldy collection of parts. On one hand, six first round picks, the Core Four plus Zeller and Sergey Karasev (still trying to figure out their way in the league) On the other, a bunch of veteran players in their late 20’s, guys like Deng, Anderson Varejao and Jarrett Jack who are ready to win now. It’s basically two different teams being awkwardly fused together and there is no guarantee that it works.

The Cavs, in contrast, will be just another poorly run Eastern team with a mix of young and middle-age players going nowhere. By the time their Top-4 picks are in their mid 20’s and ready to contend, Deng, Varejao and Jack will be on their way out of the league. When a win now mantra interferes with your long-term goals, something has gone wrong.

All he is doing is setting up the fanbase for disappointment, as people inevitably turn on young stars when they can’t win in the playoffs. However, if Cleveland doesn’t win a lot of playoff games in the next five years, it shouldn’t say much about Irving. Losing LeBron James has taught the Cavs nothing.

I understand that Cleveland has been in the basement for some time now, though still not as bad as some bottom dweller teams, I just think that if there's that ONE season where teams who are not good enough to make the playoffs should tank, 2014 is that year.

RsxPiimp
01-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Also, consider this years projected Top 5 pick as insurance, in the event Kyrie leaves. Embiid, Parker, Exxum, Randle and even Wiggins are pretty solid prospects.

Juggity
01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
:wow Chicago potentially has 3 first round picks in the draft this year. If everything falls in their favor and they jettison Rose to some retarded GM for younger talent/ assets, they could contend quickly.

:tu this draft is worth dumping Rose for.