PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Best game of a player's career

ambchang
01-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Duncan - Near quadruple double in Game 6 vs. the Nets. (21/20/10/8)
Jordan - Too many, flu game, 63 points in loss vs. Celtics, any of the games vs. the Suns in 93, 39 point first half vs. the Blazers
Magic - Rookie game 6 42/15/7
Hakeem - Quardruple double or the abuse of the Spurs.
Shaq - 41/17 vs. Sacramento? 49 points vs. Pacers? Lakers fans chime in please.
Moses - 28/19/6 vs. the Lakers in 1983 or 31/14 vs. the Celtics in 81
KAJ - 30/17/8 vs. the Celtics in 85, especially after the embarrassment the previous game.

Any others you guys want to add?

AchillesHeel
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Lebron 45/15/5 @ Boston down 2-3 in the series...pivotal career game for him

hater
01-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Ginobili - 29 points vs USA to eliminate the fucks :lol

baseline bum
01-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Jordan - Too many, flu game, 63 points in loss vs. Celtics, any of the games vs. the Suns in 93, 39 point first half vs. the Blazers
Magic - Rookie game 6 42/15/7
Hakeem - Quardruple double or the abuse of the Spurs.
Shaq - 41/17 vs. Sacramento? 49 points vs. Pacers? Lakers fans chime in please.
Moses - 28/19/6 vs. the Lakers in 1983 or 31/14 vs. the Celtics in 81
KAJ - 30/17/8 vs. the Celtics in 85, especially after the embarrassment the previous game.

Any others you guys want to add?

For Olajuwon it has to be Game 2 of the 95 WCF when he dropped something like 41 on David Robinson. For Duncan I'd still take the 37 and 16 to eliminate LA and end the three-peat era.

playblair
01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
dejuan blair 30/20..............

Splits
01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
dejuan blair 30/20..............

Other than the fact that it never happened.................

irishock
01-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Dirk- 50 vs PHX
Kobe- 46 vs Spurs
Nash- 48 vs Dallas
LeBron- game 5 vs Detroit

Sportstudi
01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Other than the fact that it never happened.................

Correct. He had a 27/23 and a 28/21 game, but never a 30/20.

lefty
01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Jordan :

- 54 pts points vs a tough NYK defense - 1993 ECF
- 29 pts and 14 assists @MSG vs NYK in a crucial game 5 - 1993 ECF

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 04:00 PM
tony parker game 6 nba finals against the heat, dudes best disappearance performance act ive ever seen eclipsing david copperfields career in one game...

TheSanityAnnex
01-08-2014, 04:36 PM
DeMarcus Cousins- 36 pts/22 rbs

Buddy Mignon
01-08-2014, 04:38 PM
81 trumps every game ever played.

irishock
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Yeah the Lakers would've been 44-38 instead if that didn't happen

Arnold Toht
01-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Ginobili - 29 points vs USA to eliminate the fucks :lol

Also led to your Duncan's sole olympic achievement: a bronze medal.

LMAO!!!

Arnold Toht
01-08-2014, 04:43 PM

Would you rather have an NBA relocation vote?

irishock
01-08-2014, 04:45 PM

I liked his 37 in game 7 better, :lol sorry that was a legendary closing game

irishock
01-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Would you rather have an NBA relocation vote?

Hey butthurt stop jacking off to Dale every time you see him

Sportstudi
01-08-2014, 04:49 PM

yeah, right... vs. the worst defence in the league in a 122-104 blowout victory... playing 42 minutes for stat-padding... don't get me wrong, it was a great game, but there were better ones...

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 04:52 PM
yeah, right... vs. the worst defence in the league in a 122-104 blowout victory... playing 42 minutes for stat-padding... don't get me wrong, it was a great game, but there were better ones...

dude is nothingg but a volume scorer who chases his own stats man, nothing special about it

remember his 40 pt streak games...once again, theres nothing special about it, just empty stats

give any franchise player the amount of touches kobe gets and they to can post those numbers, but what for...

if he was that good posting up those numbers, why did he choke first round or miss the playoffs that year?

Sportstudi
01-08-2014, 04:57 PM
if he was that good posting up those numbers, why did he choke first round or miss the playoffs that year?

in his prime...

JohnnyMax
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Theres a website called Basketball-Reference (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts) that has all these stats

Splits
01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
in his prime...

Hey come on, he didn't have a dominant big. What do you people expect?

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Theres a website called Basketball-Reference (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts) that has all these stats

we dont like facts here....

Buddy Mignon
01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
yeah, right... vs. the worst defence in the league in a 122-104 blowout victory... playing 42 minutes for stat-padding... don't get me wrong, it was a great game, but there were better ones...If what Kobe did was so easy then MJ would have done it. He was the biggest stat padder in the history of sports. Hell, the idiot came out of retirement just to pad more stats. Kobe outscoring the Mavs for three quarters trumps every other player as well.

Venti Quattro
01-08-2014, 05:38 PM
62 in 3
48 and 16 to kill Cowtown

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
raja bell had a career game against the lakers elimination game 7, fck the stats, that clothesline from hell was enough....

hater
01-08-2014, 05:44 PM
tony parker game 6 nba finals against the heat, dudes best disappearance performance act ive ever seen eclipsing david copperfields career in one game...

except Parker made the 3 crucial plays to put Spurs up with seconds left. :rolleyes

01:27 Parker 3pt Shot: Made (16 PTS)
[SAS 89-89]
01:07 Chalmers Turnover Steal:Parker (1 ST)
00:58.0 Parker Turnaround Jump Shot: Made (18 PTS)
[SAS 91-89]

Sportstudi
01-08-2014, 05:48 PM
If what Kobe did was so easy then MJ would have done it. He was the biggest stat padder in the history of sports. Hell, the idiot came out of retirement just to pad more stats. Kobe outscoring the Mavs for three quarters trumps every other player as well.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Either you are on drugs (take less, son), drunken (drink less), retarded or just a troll. If anything, playing for the Wiz hurt MJ's stats a lot. His averages dropped significantly, making them more possible to catch. If he had played through his first and second retirement until 2003, his records would be basically unbreakable. Get a life, son. I'm following the NBA since the 80's, you seem to be a new kid.

AchillesHeel
01-08-2014, 05:49 PM
If what Kobe did was so easy then MJ would have done it. He was the biggest stat padder in the history of sports. Hell, the idiot came out of retirement just to pad more stats. Kobe outscoring the Mavs for three quarters trumps every other player as well.

and even then the best regular season game to me is still MJ's
69 points 18 rebounds 6 assists 4 steals 1 blk 73,2%TS in a close game where his team won by 4 > Kirby's game vs Mavs,Raptors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BoEG4qf14

I don't see how that's stat padding.

Kirby stat padded hard to get his 81 vs the cRaptors, they were up 15+ and he was still padding his stats at the line.

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
except Parker made the 3 crucial plays to put Spurs up with seconds left. :rolleyes

01:27 Parker 3pt Shot: Made (16 PTS)
[SAS 89-89]
01:07 Chalmers Turnover Steal:Parker (1 ST)
00:58.0 Parker Turnaround Jump Shot: Made (18 PTS)
[SAS 91-89]

tell me what happen when hero mode activated, while duncan the hot hand went cold cause some clown was busying chasing his own glory

remember spurs were playing fine without hero ball, they even had a lead....

so tell me why did parker got shit on by chalmers a fkn scrub? i can bring up scrubs like mike conley and that frog westbrick from last 3 seasons playoff runs, u know both inferior players when parker was over advertised to be mvp candidate when hisnot

spurraider21
01-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Dirk in the playoffs against OKC. That game where he missed like 2 shots total or something

Pau with 19 and 18 in game 7 of 2010 finals

robert horry in game 5 of the 2004 finals

lebron game 5 against the pistons (29 of teams last 30 points, last 25 overall)

spurraider21
01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Parker was clutch as fuck at the end of game 6. It was pops substitution (the 2nd one, really) an the 2 missed free throws

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
kobe best game is probably his epic job in 05 finals game 7 against the pisstons...

that was exact performance like parkers game 6 against the heat

2 fkn selfish pricks who basically threw the seal out the window cause someone was having a better series..

AchillesHeel
01-08-2014, 06:01 PM
kobe best game is probably his epic job in 05 finals game 7 against the pisstons...

that was exact performance like parkers game 6 against the heat

2 fkn selfish pricks who basically threw the seal out the window cause someone was having a better series..

1) Spurs played in the 05 Finals against the Pisstons
2) Lakers lost in 5
3) Parker was actually winning the game for us until Manu missed key free throws and Pop subbed Duncan out and we had no one to box out Bosh

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2014, 06:05 PM
duncan for the last few seasons had many strong games where he went off in the first half, only to see him received 2 touches in the 2nd half, cause someone was to busy in some mode for another epic loss....yet the fkn oxymorons upstairs never pick it up why they loss...

ambchang
01-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Good to know that Kobe fans rate Kobe's best game was a meaningless regular season game in a year where the lakers got kicked out in the first round.

Tells us about his value as a player

Cry Havoc
01-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Not Duncan's best game IMO. He had a 38 and 21 or something absurd later in that series.

ambchang
01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Not Duncan's best game IMO. He had a 38 and 21 or something absurd later in that series.

I think you are referring to game 1. Those were his two best games of the series.

hater
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM
tell me what happen when hero mode activated, while duncan the hot hand went cold cause some clown was busying chasing his own glory

remember spurs were playing fine without hero ball, they even had a lead....

so tell me why did parker got shit on by chalmers a fkn scrub? i can bring up scrubs like mike conley and that frog westbrick from last 3 seasons playoff runs, u know both inferior players when parker was over advertised to be mvp candidate when hisnot

:rolleyes

Pat Ryley and entire Heat Franchise's hope was to stop MVParker. Heat's defense's only purpose was to stop MVParker. They threw the entire team at Parker.

Parker still found a way to singlehandely win game 1 and put spurs up with seconds to go in game 6 for the Championship.

Sure Duncan and the rest (Ginobili excluded) did their due, but they fumbled it. This team goes as far as Parker takes them, unfortunately last year Manu and Pop crashed the bus within feet of the destination.

Arcadian
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Tim also had some amazing performances in 2006 vs. the Mavs...despite the loss

Venti Quattro
01-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Good to know that Kobe fans rate Kobe's best game was a meaningless regular season game in a year where the lakers got kicked out in the first round.

Tells us about his value as a player

How about the 36, 9 and 8 when the Lakers kicked the Spurs in the face by 39 in the Conference Finals? Still meaningless?

jimbo

Agreed. Not just because of his numbers too. He looked unstoppable at every part of basketball during that game. He could have went for a lot more if the game was even competitive.

Buddy Mignon

Either you are on drugs (take less, son), drunken (drink less), retarded or just a troll. If anything, playing for the Wiz hurt MJ's stats a lot. His averages dropped significantly, making them more possible to catch. If he had played through his first and second retirement until 2003, his records would be basically unbreakable. Get a life, son. I'm following the NBA since the 80's, you seem to be a new kid.

The NBA was more than 30 years old when you start watching... so how does that make you more credible than the next man. I'll give you some homework, boy. When Jefferey retired... not the first time when he quit, but that second time... he was the leader in every scoring category except for one... which one?

SpurSwag
01-08-2014, 11:20 PM
IMO lebrons best game is undoubtedly his 45 in game 6 against Boston in what was one of the most clutch performances of all time tbh. I'm not sure a player has ever had his reputation and legacy more at stake in a game than Lebron did, and he single handedly destroyed boston that game. If he loses that game he's 0/2 in the finals and can't even get back to the finals with a stacked roster against an aging celtics team.

If he loses a lot of the talk of him being in the goat conversation disappears, and I'm sure his confidence goes with it. I've always loved and respected Lebron as a player, but that was the performance that showed me he really did have a killer instinct and the drive to be the greatest

SpurSwag
01-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Many will debate that his performance wasn't clutch, but from the get go Lebron treated the game like it was the fourth quarter of a game 7 and dropped 30 in the first half. He would have easily gone for 60 had the game not been a blow out.

The way I remember that game best was Stephen A saying he had never seen a player beat an entire team as single handedly as bron did this game

ambchang
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
How about the 36, 9 and 8 when the Lakers kicked the Spurs in the face by 39 in the Conference Finals? Still meaningless?

Which game was that? Was it the one where Shaq commanded all the double and triple teams, and Kobe was guarded by the dynamic duo of Derek Anderson and Antonio Daniels?

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2014, 08:08 AM
:rolleyes

Pat Ryley and entire Heat Franchise's hope was to stop MVParker. Heat's defense's only purpose was to stop MVParker. They threw the entire team at Parker.

Parker still found a way to singlehandely win game 1 and put spurs up with seconds to go in game 6 for the Championship.

Sure Duncan and the rest (Ginobili excluded) did their due, but they fumbled it. This team goes as far as Parker takes them, unfortunately last year Manu and Pop crashed the bus within feet of the destination.

ur hero was the kent that open his mouth in the media about stopping danny green on the perimeter, fkn snitch

if he was that good like u claim him to be, how come he only show up on t he final few possessions instead of the whole game?....coatriding kawhi and duncan and trying to claim most of the credit? gtfo

FYM
01-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Why I knew this thread at the end was about Kobe once again ?

:lol agenda

FYM
01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
ur hero was the kent that open his mouth in the media about stopping danny green on the perimeter, fkn snitch

are you that stupid to think Miami adjusted their game because Parker told them to do so ? stick with soccer or bushmen topics dude, you obviously suck at the rest

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Kobe vs. Sacramento in the playoffs (year 2 of 3 peat) games 3 & 4 were my favorite Kobe games
He also went in to beast mode vs. the spurs that same year IIRC ...

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 08:55 AM

Come on, it's Amb ....
He loves to go that route ...
Doesnt matter Kobe is still great. Very flawed (Ego) but still great.

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Which game was that? Was it the one where Shaq commanded all the double and triple teams, and Kobe was guarded by the dynamic duo of Derek Anderson and Antonio Daniels?

All of Duncan's great games were against HOF bigs?
You a funny dude, Amb ...dont get why you are pushing this rock ...
Kobe is irrelevant this season but you choose to keep him at forefront of this forum almost as much as Kool.
this could of been a great thread, with some hoops debate ...but it's a farce.

that being said ...proceed. I think i will venture upstairs more often. Sure there are a bunch of whiners and chicken littles (and good posters) but at least there is some HOOPS talk there.

Rogue
01-09-2014, 09:58 AM
game 6 of 11' finals was the career game for quite a few guys on our team imho, like JJB, Lincoln and even Findog (Brian Cardinal)

LnGrrrR
01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Lebron's Game 6 against Boston, has to be. That dude was unconscious. If someone did that to me in an NBA 2K game, I'd get pissed off and reset the game, probably throwing a controller against the wall and bitching about the f***ing cheating game. I still can't believe he did that in real life. Combined with the pressure of possibly going down to the C's again, and they were on the road...it was huge.

I'd have to look up Bird's stats. Probably the Wilkens game. Pierce would likely be the clinching game for the championship.

FYM
01-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Come on, it's Amb ....
He loves to go that route ...
Doesnt matter Kobe is still great. Very flawed (Ego) but still great.

not sure it is possible to make it more obvious tbh... 2 pages to finally arrive at the purpose of the thread: "Good to know that Kobe fans rate Kobe's best game was a meaningless regular season game in a year where the lakers got kicked out in the first round."

Has amb ever started a thread not related to his kobe's agenda tbh ?

btw don't get me wrong Kobe is an overrated piece of shit but at one point you can talk about something else or recognize like it or not Kobe has been a pretty damn good player

ambchang
01-09-2014, 11:15 AM

Really stretching it my friend. I didn't even mention Kobe until some retard said his 81 point game trumps everything. It's a stupid ass comment, and I stated as such. I agreed pretty much with everything else that is said, so I left it at that.

If people mentioned Kobe's best game as some important playoff game as a top dog of his team, I wouldn't have said anything, because that would genuinely be a great game as opposed to some 81 point game against the Raptors in the regular season.

Kobe is irrelevant this season but you choose to keep him at forefront of this forum almost as much as Kool.

that being said ...proceed. I think i will venture upstairs more often. Sure there are a bunch of whiners and chicken littles (and good posters) but at least there is some HOOPS talk there.

Well, the games mentioned so far were. Two against Mutombo and a prime Kenyon Martin (not HoF, but All Star nonetheless), one against Shaq. People didn't think much of his performance vs. the Pistons, but Duncan outscored AND outrebounded the Wallace brothers (the best defensive duo, and probably the best frontline at that time) in multiple games of that series with two bum ankles. I'd say that was a pretty gutsy and spectacular series by Duncan.

And as mentioned above, I didn't bring up Kobe, I actually avoided putting in Kobe because I couldn't think of any games, but then Kobestans brought the wrath upon themselves by polluting this thread with lameass games.

BTW, not sure how I can leave out Dirk's 49 point game in 2011. Amazing stuff.

FYM
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Really stretching it my friend. I didn't even mention Kobe until some retard said his 81 point game trumps everything. It's a stupid ass comment, and I stated as such. I agreed pretty much with everything else that is said, so I left it at that.

If people mentioned Kobe's best game as some important playoff game as a top dog of his team, I wouldn't have said anything, because that would genuinely be a great game as opposed to some 81 point game against the Raptors in the regular season.

sure thing pal

Arnold Toht
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
not sure it is possible to make it more obvious tbh... 2 pages to finally arrive at the purpose of the thread: "Good to know that Kobe fans rate Kobe's best game was a meaningless regular season game in a year where the lakers got kicked out in the first round."

He just couldn't help it. Let him go.

DMC
01-09-2014, 12:50 PM

lol

DMC
01-09-2014, 12:51 PM

You shouldn't have a problem with it though... you chose your name freely.

"Why all the talk about Tim Duncan? He's irrelevant this year" - FundamentalBestEver21

KaiRMD1
01-09-2014, 01:52 PM

One can only wonder what MJ's stats would have been had he played through those two retirements. As for Kobe's 81, the Raptors didn't even bother guarding the guy. I'm pretty sure even that ol' sport Steph Curry can get around 81 on 3 alone if played by that same defense. 81 is simply a blown up stat when looking at what Kobe was up against.

midnightpulp
01-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Lebron's Game 6 against Boston, has to be. That dude was unconscious. If someone did that to me in an NBA 2K game, I'd get pissed off and reset the game, probably throwing a controller against the wall and bitching about the f***ing cheating game. I still can't believe he did that in real life. Combined with the pressure of possibly going down to the C's again, and they were on the road...it was huge.

I'd have to look up Bird's stats. Probably the Wilkens game. Pierce would likely be the clinching game for the championship.

Indeed. Legacy on the line, trip to the Finals on the line, the Superfriends experiment also on the line, and...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206070BOS.html

Not much help from Wade or Bosh, either.

He got us in similar fashion in Game 7.

HarlemHeat37
01-09-2014, 02:25 PM

:lol wow..

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Has amb ever started a thread not related to his kobe's agenda tbh ?

btw don't get me wrong Kobe is an overrated piece of shit but at one point you can talk about something else or recognize like it or not Kobe has been a pretty damn good player

Amb with the not so subtle ... goods? bads?

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 02:27 PM
O, and welcome back Pulp ...seems like you never left ...

hmmm.

ambchang
01-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Amb with the not so subtle ... goods? bads?

Not even sure how me trying to discuss basketball will turn to a slight on Kobe. I mean, how would my train of thought be? Let's list a bunch of games and then somehow it will turn to diss Kobe? How?

FYM
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Not even sure how me trying to discuss basketball will turn to a slight on Kobe. I mean, how would my train of thought be? Let's list a bunch of games and then somehow it will turn to diss Kobe? How?

you listed players POs performance forgetting Kobe (obviously on purpose, no way you forgot kobe as 80% of your posts are related to him) and expected a random laker fan bring the 81 pts game against toronto... easy and not very subtle

ambchang
01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
you listed players POs performance forgetting Kobe (obviously on purpose, no way you forgot kobe as 80% of your posts are related to him) and expected a random laker fan bring the 81 pts game against toronto... easy and not very subtle

I didn't forget Kobe at all, I just couldn't think of any relevant games. And so far, there really hasn't been any listed. As for the 81 point game, it was a dumb comment from a dumb poster, and I called him out for it. I know kobestans are idiots but should I expect th to be this stupid?

Seriously, List the best Kobe game and we can end this thing.

FYM
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
I didn't forget Kobe at all, I just couldn't think of any relevant games. And so far, there really hasn't been any listed. As for the 81 point game, it was a dumb comment from a dumb poster, and I called him out for it. I know kobestans are idiots but should I expect th to be this stupid?

I'm a Celtics fan, not sure why you would ask that to me... as you seem to be obsessed by him you should know better

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 03:34 PM

I listed two ..someone else listed another vs. the spurs ...
Dont play dumb, Amb ...I know you better.

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Kobe vs. Sacramento in the playoffs (year 2 of 3 peat) games 3 & 4 were my favorite Kobe games
He also went in to beast mode vs. the spurs that same year IIRC ...

Apparently this did not count ...

FYM
01-09-2014, 03:40 PM

normally you should get something like ah ah ah this is all what we have as his best games ? and start a long stuff about coatailing whomever with double team while a real great player did all by himself blablabla...

btw I feel dirty to be on the same side of an argument than a laker fan regarding kobe but amb is a smart dude and could step up his game rather than vomiting the same stuff over and over

ambchang
01-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm a Celtics fan, not sure why you would ask that to me... as you seem to be obsessed by him you should know better

Because you accused me of trolling?

Speaking of Celtic. Forgot Garnett. His best ge was with the wolves though. Vs the kings in 04.

ambchang
01-09-2014, 03:48 PM
I listed two ..someone else listed another vs. the spurs ...
Dont play dumb, Amb ...I know you better.

I mean, I didn't even want to talk about it, but since you pressed ...

How can his best games be second banana games? Makes no sense. And now you and fym will accuse me of trolling some more.

ambchang
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM

See my above post.

normally you should get something like ah ah ah this is all what we have as his best games ? and start a long stuff about coatailing whomever with double team while a real great player did all by himself blablabla...

btw I feel dirty to be on the same side of an argument than a laker fan regarding kobe but amb is a smart dude and could step up his game rather than vomiting the same stuff over and over

Dude, I tried to have a normal conversation and you guys are dragging me back I to this. For all I am concerned, you two are spamming my thread and trolling the hell out of me.

FYM
01-09-2014, 07:15 PM
See my above post.

Dude, I tried to have a normal conversation and you guys are dragging me back I to this. For all I am concerned, you two are spamming my thread and trolling the hell out of me.

Hey amb, it's ST you are fishing lakers fans it's all good bud... I'm just saying you are a solid poster and it would be nice to change a bit your trolling game once in a while

FYM
01-09-2014, 07:16 PM

How can his best games be second banana games? Makes no sense. And now you and fym will accuse me of trolling some more.

Exibit A

UZER
01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Christian Laettner vs Kentucky 1992

10-10 FGA

10-10 FTA

31 pts...game winner

*edit: And I hate everything duke! And I hated laettner!

DMC
01-09-2014, 07:47 PM

and you should go FYM some more.

FYM
01-09-2014, 07:51 PM
and you should go FYM some more.

:cry

dirk4mvp
01-09-2014, 08:01 PM
tbh a couple of my favorite Dirk games were him destroying a prime KG en route to a sweep. Game 3 was a monster with 39/17

RsxPiimp
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
How can his best games be second banana games? Makes no sense.

Magic - Rookie game 6 42/15/7?

You're so dumb Amb :lol

baseline bum
01-09-2014, 09:46 PM

Craziest Bird game I ever saw was against the Hawks in New Orleans when he kept swishing 30 foot fadeaways with the defender right in his face. I know it was a meaningless regular season game, but I have never seen someone do that.

Deuce Bigalow
01-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Are we gonna go by how good the individual is or team accomplishments? Because last time I checked its 5>4 if its by team accomplishments.

make up your mind spurfan

ambchang
01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
You're so dumb Amb :lol

Kareem played?

ambchang
01-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Hey amb, it's ST you are fishing lakers fans it's all good bud... I'm just saying you are a solid poster and it would be nice to change a bit your trolling game once in a while

Exibit A

See, that's why I didn't answer the first time, I knew you'd say I was trolling (actually kk81). I left it at that and let kk81 have it, but you guys kept askin me to respond to that one.

RsxPiimp
01-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Kareem played?

We both know your intention, Magic did play the best game of his life in Game 6 but he was stlll second banana to Kareem that year. Therefore, his game doesn't qualify since according to you, Option B's doesn't qualify :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Because you accused me of trolling?

Speaking of Celtic. Forgot Garnett. His best ge was with the wolves though. Vs the kings in 04.

lol just because of one game, his fans use the bs argument that his played like that his whole career, another overrated clown base on 1 game/series...just like that other clown hakeem during his 2 peak years....

ambchang
01-10-2014, 01:19 PM
We both know your intention, Magic did play the best game of his life in Game 6 but he was stlll second banana to Kareem that year. Therefore, his game doesn't qualify since according to you, Option B's doesn't qualify :lol

So who was option A in that game? Nixon?

RsxPiimp
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
So who was option A in that game? Nixon?

Was Magic Johnson a second option who played the game of his life in Game 6?

ambchang
01-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Was Magic Johnson a second option who played the game of his life in Game 6?

Nope, he was clearly the first option who played the game of his life in Game 6. Who else was the first option? Jamal Wilkes? Norm Nixon?

RsxPiimp
01-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Nope, he was clearly the first option who played the game of his life in Game 6. Who else was the first option? Jamal Wilkes? Norm Nixon?

:lol Johnson was playing under Kareem's shadow that year, while its true that KAJ did not play in game 6, it was he, who carried the team to a 3-2 lead while Wilkes and Johnson finished it and played the best games of their career.

One game does not encompass a role, so Johnson was a second option who took advantage of the situation. As a matter of fact, Jabbar deserved the FMVP but CBS didn't want to present a trophy to an empty chair. Voters were on record saying they all picked Kareem to win FMVP even with his absence but was forced to changed their votes. You can't argue that really. Actually you can, but it will be retarded.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 02:33 PM

:lol Johnson was playing under Kareem's shadow that year, while its true that KAJ did not play in game 6, it was he, who carried the team to a 3-2 lead while Wilkes and Johnson finished it and played the best games of their career.

One game does not encompass a role, so Johnson was a second option who took advantage of the situation. As a matter of fact, Jabbar deserved the FMVP but CBS didn't want to present a trophy to an empty chair. Voters were on record saying they all picked Kareem to win FMVP even with his absence but was forced to changed their votes. You can't argue that really. Actually you can, but it will be retarded.

So how have I contradicted myself? I clearly stated that was a 2nd banana GAME, not role. If you have trouble with me listing Magic's Rookie Game 6 as his greatest game because you feel that he had to be the alpha dog on his team for the entire year, that's fine, just that it wasn't how I defined it.

RsxPiimp
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
You gave the impression that players are disqualified from recognition of having a best game if they are playing under someone's shadow, did you not? I was simply going by with your flow.

So then, you agree that one game can dramatically change a players role in the NBA?

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM

LOl qualifiers ...
Amb, reaching.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 03:11 PM
You gave the impression that players are disqualified from recognition of having a best game if they are playing under someone's shadow, did you not? I was simply going by with your flow.

So then, you agree that one game can dramatically change a players role in the NBA?

When did I give that impression?

And no to your question. Magic became alpha in that one game because Kareem was injured. No more, no less.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM
LOl qualifiers ...
Amb, reaching.

Where was the qualifier? Magic was clearly alpha in that game, was he not?