PDA

View Full Version : we just need to avoid the Rockets and we're in finals

testies
01-08-2014, 09:48 PM
rockets will get knocked off by gsw, clippers and okc.. we beat all of these.. rockets just match up well with us plus they can get heat check like fk..

RD2191
01-08-2014, 09:49 PM
:lol

TampaDude
01-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Spurs-Pacers Finals. Book it.

RD2191
01-08-2014, 09:51 PM
I seriously doubt the Spurs can get past a healthy OKC. I hope they prove me wrong though.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
I seriously doubt the Spurs can get past a healthy OKC. I hope they prove me wrong though.

I agree. I also think the Heat/Pacers would be a bitch in the Finals if the Spurs get that far.

TheGoldStandard
01-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Durant is due for an injury

testies
01-08-2014, 09:59 PM
OKC won't be healthy.. Westbrook will play like RG3 holding back after the second string injury.. but thats enough to beat Rockets

Hoops Czar
01-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Durant is due for an injury

So is Lebron but I don't see that happening either.

TheGoldStandard
01-08-2014, 10:10 PM
So is Lebron but I don't see that happening either.

Lebron is countering all that with his HGH.. Durant will eventually suffer an injury to his arm or shoulder with that sweep through

phxspurfan
01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Lebron is countering all that with his HGH

Actually he's on crushed antlers and deer piss but yeah

Budkin
01-09-2014, 03:36 PM

I would kill for that.

look_at_g_shred
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I would kill for that.
It would also be a wake up call to the casual basketball fan. A showcase of how basketball is supposed to be played.

jimbo
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Lebron is countering all that with his HGH.. Durant will eventually suffer an injury to his arm or shoulder with that sweep through

Someone'll start guarding Durant with their elbows out tbh. If he hits that the wrong way with his rip through, rip in peace arm/hand.

boutons_deux
01-09-2014, 03:43 PM
rockets will get knocked off by gsw, clippers and okc.. we beat all of these.. rockets just match up well with us plus they can get heat check like fk..

testies got no testes.

a team beats Spurs and Spurs fans cringe and crumple in corner, sucking their thumbs

hater
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM
If Spurs can't beat a shitty rockets team why in the world would you want them in the Finals vs. the Heat? :lmao :lmao

haven't you taken enough punishment last Finals :lol

Darius Bieber
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Someone'll start guarding Durant with their elbows out tbh. If he hits that the wrong way with his rip through, rip in peace arm/hand.

I would have loved to see prime Bowen guard Durant now. That would put Durant in his place.

SupremeGuy
01-09-2014, 08:14 PM
lol @ fearing Houston

dallasmaverickslose
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm not worried about Houston. Come playoff time our Spurs will be ready.

Heck, Dwightmare Part III may very well be playing in theaters by then anyway.

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:22 AM
Theres only one team that can beat these Spurs, when healthy, in a 7 game series, and they are in Miami.

The west, this year, IMO, may be a little easier than last year.

Fireball
01-10-2014, 05:38 AM
The way we are playing since the beginning of December I do not know how anyone can be sure that we can get past a healthy OKC, GSW or even Clippers. Saying the Rockets are the only threat seems premature ...

Robz4000
01-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Warriors are better than last year but still only take the Spurs to6 imo. Clippers still go as far asCP3 can carry them and he chokes in the playoffs. OKC, Houston, and possibly Portland (fuck the Rose Garden or whatever they call it now) could beat the Spurs in the West.

timmy2003
01-10-2014, 07:51 AM
I think it would be a pretty even serious and Kawhi would play a very important role.

exstatic
01-10-2014, 07:54 AM
It's like some of you people have never watched the Spurs play out a season before.
Spurs
Peak
After
March

There are only two threats to the Spurs making the Finals: OKC and injury. GS, HOU, and POR are all poor defensive jump shooting teams.

tlongII
01-10-2014, 10:08 AM
It's like some of you people have never watched the Spurs play out a season before.
Spurs
Peak
After
March

There are only two threats to the Spurs making the Finals: OKC and injury. GS, HOU, and POR are all poor defensive jump shooting teams.

You mean like the Spurs? :lol

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:20 PM
The way we are playing since the beginning of December I do not know how anyone can be sure that we can get past a healthy OKC, GSW or even Clippers. Saying the Rockets are the only threat seems premature ...

Because all teams play the same way from December on. Makes complete sense.

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Wait, what?
Spurs would beat rox in playoffs as long as Harden doesnt get 20 FTA ...

DAF86
01-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Theres only one team that can beat these Spurs, when healthy, in a 7 game series, and they are in Miami.

The west, this year, IMO, may be a little easier than last year.

OKC beats us at full strenght.

dallasmaverickslose
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM

Not without Harden, and not without Ibaka shooting lights out.

Also, something tells me we haven't seen the last of Westbrook's injury problems this season. Just a hunch.

exstatic
01-10-2014, 02:59 PM

...with Harden. He's not coming back, though.

DAF86
01-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Not without Harden, and not without Ibaka shooting lights out.

Also, something tells me we haven't seen the last of Westbrook's injury problems this season. Just a hunch.

...with Harden. He's not coming back, though.

I'm starting to think they beat us without Harden too.

T Park
01-10-2014, 03:09 PM

Dont see it. Without Harden they arent the threat they used to be.

T Park
01-10-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm starting to think they beat us without Harden too.

based on what, one regular season game?

bklynspursfan
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM
You mean like the Spurs? :lol

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/points-in-paint-per-game

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

DAF86
01-10-2014, 03:18 PM
based on what, one regular season game?

Based on matchups. The main problem the Spurs have when facing OKC is the pressure that the Thunder apply defensively (Harden didn't help there), OKC just doesn't let the Spurs play comfortable and then on the other side of the ball the Spurs like to concede midrange jumpers to prevent lesser evils like the 3 and layups but the problem with that is that OKC have some of the best midrange shooters in the game (Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka). The African/Spaniard is also a nightmare for our most important offensive player.

tlongII
01-10-2014, 03:28 PM
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/points-in-paint-per-game

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/scoring-category

hater
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Oh sure, with healthy WB OKC beats the Spurs to a pulp. But it seems the OKC ironman who never missed a game in his life is now more injury prone than Mr Ginobili himself. So I'd say at this point a future OKC vs Spurs matchup is a toss up

bklynspursfan
01-10-2014, 03:34 PM
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/team-stat/scoring-category

Believe me I know Portland scores a ton, I was just showing Spurs get a lot in the paint as well and despite a poor December still a top 5 defensive team.

james evans
01-10-2014, 04:29 PM
dude we can beat the rocket. just stop leaving players wide open and play dwight one on one. i have no idea what popovich has seen in dwight or any of the rockets' big men that would require us playing a zone. that's how many teams beat us. we leave 3 point shooters wide open and clog the paint for reasons i don't know.

spursince#99
01-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I agree with DAF86. I'm starting to question our strategic plan against OKC. They're one of the best midrange shooting teams in the NBA and that's what our defense is triggered on allowing, and that's not even including us not having a capable enough player to discourage Durant. Neither does it include a possible Westbrook showing, and God forbids Sefalosha takes Tony Parker out of another complete series. We'll have our work cut out for us if we plan on getting back to the Finals. However, I do believe OKC and maybe Portland is our only threat out West, which is a plus.

rmt
01-12-2014, 06:26 PM
I agree with DAF86. I'm starting to question our strategic plan against OKC. They're one of the best midrange shooting teams in the NBA and that's what our defense is triggered on allowing, and that's not even including us not having a capable enough player to discourage Durant. Neither does it include a possible Westbrook showing, and God forbids Sefalosha takes Tony Parker out of another complete series. We'll have our work cut out for us if we plan on getting back to the Finals. However, I do believe OKC and maybe Portland is our only threat out West, which is a plus.

That strategic defensive plan has always been around - defend the paint and 3pt line and force contested 2s. Same reason why OKC is a nightmare match - just like the former MAVS with Dirk and Terry - great mid-range shooters. Unfortunately, with Reggie Jackson, he's just scoring at the rim at will. So now, the Spurs will have more problems than just long, contested 2s - speedy PGs that they can't stay in front of.

LoneStarState'sPride
01-13-2014, 03:55 AM

Was hoping for this last year, tbh.

My two favorite squads.

capek
01-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Wait, what?
Spurs would beat rox in playoffs as long as Harden doesnt get 20 FTA ...

http://i.imgur.com/czwPL0d.jpg

"You rang?"

Seriously though, the Rockets are fools gold. They won't get hot enough consistently to beat a healthy Spurs team in a 7 game series. My worries are health #1, and OKC a somewhat distant second.

Spur|n|Austin
01-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Spurs
Peak
After
March

Agreed, that's why I think padding our record before March is going to be huge in us getting the 1 seed. People can say it doesn't matter but we all know it helps.

look_at_g_shred
01-13-2014, 04:09 PM
If we have homecourt in a series with OKC, we'll be fine. For some reason we really struggle in OKC.

heyheymymy
01-13-2014, 04:33 PM
spurs pacers would be just as hype as heat spurs was last year imo tbh

timtonymanu
01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Making the Finals is very possible. OKC, Portland, and Houston would all be tough but I think the Spurs can beat them in a 7 game series if the Spurs are at their best.

Still, all that matters is the defending champions. The one team I'm not sure the Spurs can beat in a series.

ManuTastic
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
-Clips are better this year with a real coach, and Griffin and Jordan playing great lately.
-OKC was on cruise control to the finals before Westbrook's latest injury. And don't forget we have no one who can guard Durant.
-Rockets match up well against us, tbh, and as we all know they put a huge beatdown on us a month ago.

The West is a nightmare this year, don't kid yourself. We're in the mix, but we damn sure need Splitter back and no injuries.

look_at_g_shred
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
-Clips are better this year with a real coach, and Griffin and Jordan playing great lately.
-OKC was on cruise control to the finals before Westbrook's latest injury. And don't forget we have no one who can guard Jackson.
-Rockets match up well against us, tbh, and as we all know they put a huge beatdown on us a month ago.

The West is a nightmare this year, don't kid yourself. We're in the mix, but we damn sure need Splitter back and no injuries.
Fixed.

tmtcsc
01-14-2014, 06:20 PM

They will, IF OKC makes it far enough to play us.

RD2191
01-14-2014, 06:28 PM
They will, IF OKC makes it far enough to play us.
:lolWhere does this false confidence come from?

tmtcsc
01-15-2014, 08:44 AM
:lolWhere does this false confidence come from?

False confidence? One of the toughest obstacles for the Spurs getting back to the Finals is to get through the grind of 82 regular season games before getting another chance at a ring. Losing games against teams that are trying to prove something to themselves in the regular season doesn't bother me. The Spurs are tried and tested and know who they are. They just need to stay healthy, finish in good position for the playoffs and then go for the ring.

I don't care how many wins OKC had in the regular season last year. Losing Harden for them was big. We would have destroyed them in the playoffs. Trust me, this team is built to get through OKC. Hopefully we'll get to see it.

Horse
01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Based on matchups. The main problem the Spurs have when facing OKC is the pressure that the Thunder apply defensively (Harden didn't help there), OKC just doesn't let the Spurs play comfortable and then on the other side of the ball the Spurs like to concede midrange jumpers to prevent lesser evils like the 3 and layups but the problem with that is that OKC have some of the best midrange shooters in the game (Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka). The African/Spaniard is also a nightmare for our most important offensive player.

What were you watching? Atleast for the first game I dont remember the last time we had to many clean open looks. We just couldn't throw it in the ocean that night.

tmtcsc
06-15-2014, 11:07 PM
False confidence? One of the toughest obstacles for the Spurs getting back to the Finals is to get through the grind of 82 regular season games before getting another chance at a ring. Losing games against teams that are trying to prove something to themselves in the regular season doesn't bother me. The Spurs are tried and tested and know who they are. They just need to stay healthy, finish in good position for the playoffs and then go for the ring.

I don't care how many wins OKC had in the regular season last year. Losing Harden for them was big. We would have destroyed them in the playoffs. Trust me, this team is built to get through OKC. Hopefully we'll get to see it.

Another one for RobDiaz2191!

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 11:45 PM
It seems you need to get lucky every year. Rockets getting bounced in the first round, Ibaka getting injured, A/C going off in game 1. Oh well another asterisk.