PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Don't think we didn't notice you lost to Houston

JohnnyMax
01-08-2014, 11:56 PM
2013-14 Lakers Fan Handbook

1. When we win a game talk trash about it

2. When we lose a game pretend we dont care and say we are tanking for a better draft pick

3. Blame Every Loss On Mike D'Antoni and the refs and tell everyone the team would be in 1st place if Phil were coaching

4. Mention Kobe Is Injured In Every Other Sentence (even though our team was no good when he was healthy last year)

5. Throw out off the wall trade scenarios where we send our washed up veterans like Gasol to other teams for young stars

6. Mention our cap space in a super weak 2014 free agent class (even though nobody good wants Kobe as a teammate anyway)

7. Bring Up The Past! 16 banners, 81 points, 5 rings, Phil Jackson, Steve Nash's SAT scores in high school (anything that happened 4 or more years ago is great)

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 12:15 AM
We lost Rox won ...gg double up, gorilla etc.
Lakers losing a lot lately hardly news ...

HI-FI
01-09-2014, 12:22 AM
JohnnyMax's best post imho.

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 12:29 AM

2. When we lose a game pretend we dont care and say we are tanking for a better draft pick

3. Blame Every Loss On Mike D'Antoni and the refs and tell everyone the team would be in 1st place if Phil were coaching

4. Mention Kobe Is Injured In Every Other Sentence (even though our team was no good when he was healthy last year)

5. Throw out off the wall trade scenarios where we send our washed up veterans like Gasol to other teams for young stars

6. Mention our cap space in a super weak 2014 free agent class (even though nobody good wants Kobe as a teammate anyway)

7. Bring Up The Past! 16 banners, 81 points, 5 rings, Phil Jackson, Steve Nash's SAT scores in high school (anything that happened 4 or more years ago is great)

So its not ok to appreciate the history of your team? Its about what you've done this season always?

lefty
01-09-2014, 12:31 AM
tbh how many titles have the Lakers won in L.A ?

Venti Quattro
01-09-2014, 12:37 AM
tbh how many titles have the Lakers won in L.A ?

Still more than any team that's not Boston

lefty
01-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Still more than any team that's not Boston
no shit

But srsly, how many?

Reck
01-09-2014, 12:48 AM
So its not ok to appreciate the history of your team? Its about what you've done this season always?

Its ok but it also shouldn't be your fall back retort when someone has a better arguement on any particular topic.

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Its ok but it also shouldn't be your fall back retort when someone has a better arguement on any particular topic.

I dont disagree with that logic but both the Lakers and Celtics are the most winning franchises in the NBA and both are in the epicenter of Satan's asshole at the moment. It takes time to rebuild and for a team to rise back to that level.

Dinamita
01-09-2014, 12:58 AM
16 rings faggots.

:convertib

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 01:08 AM
16 rings faggots.

Why wont Marquez give Manny a 5th fight? He gave that bean shit 4 chances to win till he KO'd him.

AchillesHeel
01-09-2014, 01:13 AM
OP full of truth bombs

respect

Venti Quattro
01-09-2014, 01:19 AM
That's funny tho, since for Spurs fans it's okay to ridicule Mavs fans with the old and ran 4>1 rings but when Lakers fans bring out the ring card to Spurs fans they :cry :cry cry foul :cry :cry and make a stupid "manual" for it

BUMP
01-09-2014, 01:22 AM
i still don't understand why this forum convulses worse than Koolaid's wife when I'm plowing her balloon-knot everytime the Lakers lose a game?

I thought this got old 4 years ago?

scanry
01-09-2014, 01:44 AM
That's funny tho, since for Spurs fans it's okay to ridicule Mavs fans with the old and ran 4>1 rings but when Lakers fans bring out the ring card to Spurs fans they :cry :cry cry foul :cry :cry and make a stupid "manual" for it

tbh even those who brought up that 4>0 stichk stopped after Dirk rang in 11.

Don't think Dirk has another hater after he went God Mode during that run.

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2014, 01:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000508350627/ae3bda337c5ecfd316275c149a2b6764.jpeg

LkrFan
01-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Rockets - 50 D-Whistle attempts*
Lakers - 25 D-Whistle attempts

* 24 by Coward

Game.Set.Match

:downspin:

HI-FI
01-09-2014, 01:48 AM
tbh even those who brought up that 4>0 stichk stopped after Dirk rang in 11.

Don't think Dirk has another hater after he went God Mode during that run.
this. I liked Dirk originally, admired that Nellie ball with Nash, but really hated them when they were threat to Spurs and Cuban's ego ballooned like his cocaine budget. But the shit in 2011 was epic, pretty hard to hate on Dirk after shitting on two of the easiest teams to hate, Lakers and Heat.

scanry
01-09-2014, 02:04 AM
this. I liked Dirk originally, admired that Nellie ball with Nash, but really hated them when they were threat to Spurs and Cuban's ego ballooned like his cocaine budget. But the shit in 2011 was epic, pretty hard to hate on Dirk after shitting on two of the easiest teams to hate, Lakers and Heat.

Whatever happened to Cuban's wallet? He's become really cheap as of late.

After they rang, he's become more like Holt.

Clipper Nation
01-09-2014, 02:07 AM

Not when the past is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand (i.e. the current events of your team)...

Leon Black
01-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Don't care, Getting Carmelo

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 02:13 AM

Carmelo sucks man :(

HI-FI
01-09-2014, 02:16 AM
Whatever happened to Cuban's wallet? He's become really cheap as of late.

After they rang, he's become more like Holt.

no idea, but i've noticed it as well. I think it's either they know that ring will buy them a lot of goodwill for awhile, or it's new CBA changing their ways.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
dont blame officiating man

cause theres a parrot on here who parrrots about officiating is for pussies

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Harden continuing his 35+ point game streak to three.

Rockets - 50 D-Whistle attempts*
Lakers - 25 D-Whistle attempts

* 24 by Coward

Game.Set.Match

:downspin:

That's what happens when you hack Howard for two minutes.

FYM
01-09-2014, 08:43 AM
16 rings faggots.

what about Boston 17, Los Angeles 11 ?

FYM
01-09-2014, 08:45 AM

You should target Wallace if you like overrated

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 08:51 AM
what about Boston 17, Los Angeles 11 ?

17-16 is all that matters and you still have us there ...
It's the only numbers that matters. the race to 17 before you get 18 ...
We living in Lebron's world right now anyway

DMC
01-09-2014, 09:48 AM

Quality imo

resistanze
01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
JohnnyMax's best post imho.

The bar was low.

DMC
01-09-2014, 09:50 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000508350627/ae3bda337c5ecfd316275c149a2b6764.jpeg

He's too dark to be basketball savvy.

Rogue
01-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Losing to the Lockets is downright embarrassing tbh. We lost to them once this season but that was only because of rigged officiating (knowing Cully ain't posting in this thread, so no one would call "only pussies and assholes blame officiating" on me). I know it's lame to blame your loss on officiating but it's not even news that the Lockets have been receiving free foods from the league just like those yellow immigrants do from the US government, despite which the mavs still managed to slam them twice this season. Mavs beat the Lockets twice while the Lockets beat spurs twice, in which sense we can say the Mavs are still the best team of the SW division. We just lost some easy games to scrub teams otherwise we'd have been shoulder-to-shoulder with the Spurs on the league table tbh.

FYM
01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
17-16 is all that matters and you still have us there ...
It's the only numbers that matters. the race to 17 before you get 18 ...
We living in Lebron's world right now anyway

cannot say I disagree with all you are saying... what upsets me this year is the 13 in the win column

Killakobe81
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
cannot say I disagree with all you are saying... what upsets me this year is the 13 in the win column

It's sad how bad we suck ... I was just talking to a Boston fan (CPA originally from Mass) ... dude saw Mikan play vs. Celts 82 years old ...
We both remarked about How many times have we BOTH been in the "shitter" at the same time?! Not many. Bat at least yall have the Red sox.
All I ask is that they compete this year, even if they lose.
I dont make injury excuses but for example, last night we were missing Kaman, Kobe, Nash, Henry Blake and Farmar 3 potential starters and 3 PG's ...
We need a top pick anyway ... so in the end it may be in our best interest.

Arnold Toht
01-09-2014, 12:47 PM

How did your "prevent the repeat" handbook for 2009-10 go?

FYM
01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
It's sad how bad we suck ... I was just talking to a Boston fan (CPA originally from Mass) ... dude saw Mikan play vs. Celts 82 years old ...
We both remarked about How many times have we BOTH been in the "shitter" at the same time?! Not many. Bat at least yall have the Red sox.
All I ask is that they compete this year, even if they lose.
I dont make injury excuses but for example, last night we were missing Kaman, Kobe, Nash, Henry Blake and Farmar 3 potential starters and 3 PG's ...
We need a top pick anyway ... so in the end it may be in our best interest.

not sure who is worst this year...

Most important we are better positioned for the tanking job, lakers with MVPau and Kobe returning are capable to screw your chance. I think the Celts are safe with wallace, Olynyk (http://hoopshype.com/players/kelly_olynyk.htm) and co... I do hope Rondo understood team interest: stat padding in losses and no tanking screwing job...

Wallace contract is shitty but doesn't hurt us like Kobe, Bass is expiring with Rondo hopefully out of the equation the guys in green could have some flex from next year to build upon.

SupremeGuy
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM
:lmao