PDA

View Full Version : Two-woman ticket in Texas goes for history in 2014

Nbadan
01-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Two-woman ticket in Texas goes for history in 2014

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Forget whether Hillary Clinton could win the White House in 2016. Women still have yet to run many statehouses, but in 2014 two Texas Democrats are going for a new kind of history: Winning as an all-female ticket for governor and lieutenant governor.

Woven into one of the nation's most intriguing gubernatorial races this year is whether Democrat Wendy Davis, whose 11-hour filibuster over abortion restrictions catapulted the state senator to national fame this summer, can not only overcome long odds in a fiercely Republican state but pull off a political first.

If Davis and fellow state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, who is running for lieutenant governor, prevail in their March primaries as expected, they'll form what political experts say is only the fifth time in at least the past 20 years that a party has nominated women for both governor and lieutenant governor.

None of these pairings has ever won - nor have a woman governor and lieutenant governor ever served concurrently. Arizona in 1998 picked five women to the state's top executive offices, including then-attorney general Janet Napolitano, though the state has no lieutenant governor.

-snip-

Full article here: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_THE_FEMALE_TICKET?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-01-01-15-51-49

Teabaggers are already savaging Wendy, bringing out gender politics at their ugliest. I can only see it getting worse as things heat up. Leticia van de Putte is Hispanic, as is almost 40% of the Texas population. That's more red meat for teabaggers. The GOP lost the female vote by 12 points in 2012 with their anti-woman rhetoric and policies. They lost just about every minority out there, including Hispanics by 71%. I'm very curious to see if they'll throw caution to the wind and bring gender and race politics into the election for governor and if there will be a significant enough backlash to make a difference.

scott
01-09-2014, 10:00 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdfdThOCEAARf5H.jpg

It's already begun

FromWayDowntown
01-09-2014, 11:13 AM
"Abortion Barbie"

scott
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Don't you get it, anyone doesn't advocate for the strict prohibition of abortion is a de facto advocate for ABORTIONS FOR EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME!!!

I mean, what could go wrong with prohibition?

boutons_deux
01-09-2014, 11:40 AM
"wimmens equal rights" in TX is equal shooting right when finding hubby in bed with another woman

boutons_deux
01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
"Abortion Barbie"

... exemplifies how the Repugs get the dumbfuck, ignorant single-issue Bible-thumpers to vote for Repug and against their own best interests, esp the poor rural folk denied Medicaid coverage.

FromWayDowntown
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
The abortion thing is what it is. What has baffled me for a long time is the insistence on diminishing or downgrading the value of an education; whatever else might be true of Wendy Davis's views, she's incredibly well-educated and I would think that, societally, we'd want to laud that rather than diminishing her (or others) who've achieved in that way. It seems to have become a pervasive thing in our political discourse. It's bizarre.

mrsmaalox
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Don't you get it, anyone doesn't advocate for the strict prohibition of abortion is a de facto advocate for FREE ABORTIONS FOR EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME!!!

I mean, what could go wrong with prohibition?

fify

scott
01-09-2014, 12:22 PM
fify

Thanks b, I slipped up on that one

Spurminator
01-09-2014, 02:40 PM
"Abortion Barbie"

Not to mention the compulsion to make sure there is no confusion about Sen. Van de Putte's Hispanicness.

boutons_deux
01-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Not to mention the compulsion to make sure there is no confusion about Sen. Van de Putte's Hispanicness.

she's foreigner, a brownie, a wetback, even, as the Repug dog whistling goes.

BradLohaus
01-10-2014, 03:27 AM
A few terms too early, the demographic plan isn't in place yet. Still too many white married women in TX with kids as a % of the population. Although the single girls in their 20s are super excited to vote for her! lolzzzz #Wendy4Gov.

Nbadan
01-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Wendy Davis raises more than $12 million
Source: www.dallasnews.com

"UPDATE at 5:50 p.m.: Wendy Davis, the leading Democratic contender for governor, announced Tuesday that her campaign and a joint effort with a Democratic voter turnout group raised more than $12.2 million for the race.

Davis joined the race in October and collected the money between then and the end of December. Her campaign said that it drew more than 84,000 small-dollar donations, accounting for most of the money she took in. The campaign called that “overwhelming support for her candidacy.”

About $3.5 million of the total was donated to the Texas Victory Committee, a joint effort by Davis’ campaign and the group Battleground Texas. The group, started by former campaign aides to President Barack Obama, is working on a long-term plan to register more Democratic voters and help the party compete in future presidential elections."

Read more: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/01/look-for-wendy-davis-to-report-more-than-10-million-in-governors-race.html/

boutons_deux
01-14-2014, 09:41 PM
A Tale of Two Fundraisers: Abbott and Davis

http://s3.amazonaws.com/static.texastribune.org/media/images/2013/11/15/Abbott-Davis-Split_jpg_312x1000_q100.jpg

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/01/14/tale-two-fundraisers-abbott-and-davis/

I'm pretty sure Wendy had a nose job, it's very pretty one, so why not a wart job?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5G04nJecI

Spurminator
01-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Although the single girls in their 20s are super excited to vote for her! lolzzzz #Wendy4Gov.

I get it. Because Texas Republican voters are so cerebral.

angrydude
01-15-2014, 02:13 AM
... exemplifies how the Repugs get the dumbfuck, ignorant single-issue Bible-thumpers to vote for Repug and against their own best interests, esp the poor rural folk denied Medicaid coverage.

The ONLY reason anyone even knows her name is because of abortion.

And she did that to herself.

BradLohaus
01-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Demographic voting. White women vote more to the right as they get older, get married, and have kids. Married white women with children in TX generally vote conservative. In just a few more cycles this won't be enough. Not yet though.

In the last election Romney got basically the same % of the white vote as Reagan got in 1980. Reagan won almost 500 to 50. Romney lost. The shift that has occurred and will continue to occur is all demographic, including white single mothers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-15-2014, 06:36 AM
Demographic voting. White women vote more to the right as they get older, get married, and have kids. Married white women with children in TX generally vote conservative. In just a few more cycles this won't be enough. Not yet though.

In the last election Romney got basically the same % of the white vote as Reagan got in 1980. Reagan won almost 500 to 50. Romney lost. The shift that has occurred and will continue to occur is all demographic, including white single mothers.

:lol that's what the Republicans get for restricting the ability of blacks/hispanics to get abortions

boutons_deux
01-15-2014, 06:41 AM
The ONLY reason anyone even knows her name is because of abortion.

And she did that to herself.

the Repug/Christian-slimed abortion clinics hardly perform any abortions. Over 90% of the activities of the clinics is simply health programs, contraceptive/neo-natal care for poor women. The lack of contraception for poor women is estimated to cause TX abortions to jump from 80K/year to 100K, and MORE babies born with TAXPAYER-SUBSIDIZED VERY EXPENSIVE problems, like $25K/day neo-natal ICU.

BradLohaus
01-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Black women get abortions at a rate over 3x their demographic representation. Margret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a big eugenicist who was all for it. They don't like to bring that up, but on the internets I've read black feminists bash her when white feminists praise her.

RandomGuy
01-15-2014, 03:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdfdThOCEAARf5H.jpg

It's already begun

You forgot to post a link to the website. :D
http://dentongop.org/chairmans-remarks/week-coming-up/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=week-coming-up

"Abortion Barbie". I had to double check to see if she really said that. She did.

RandomGuy
01-15-2014, 03:12 PM

yeah, that stood out too.

Strategically a very good ticket for the Dems. If they can get a few more Democrats to show up, it would not be hard.

Perry's fourth inauguration was held on January 18, 2011 at the Texas State Capitol grounds. Exit Polls showed Perry winning Anglos (71% to 29%), while White performed well among African Americans (88% to 12%) and Latinos (61% to 38%)

Texas gubernatorial election, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_gubernatorial_election,_2010

Nominee------- Rick Perry----- Bill White
Party -----------Republican--- Democratic
Popular vote--- 2,733,784[1]-- 2,102,606
Percentage------- 55.0%--- 42.3%

I wonder if that election had been held at the same time as the presidential elections, it would have gone the other way. 600,000 votes

We have added over a million people since that election, and the odds are good that more of those people will end up voting Democratic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Texas

My guess is that this may be the first really competitive election in a long time, and that we will see money pouring in from national and private coffers.

(shudders) Get ready for the nasty, big media buys.

boutons_deux
01-15-2014, 03:24 PM
" odds are good that more of those people will end up voting Democratic. "

I keep hearing that TX hispanics simply don't vote, if they did sufficiently, + blue SA, HOU, AUS, DAL, then TX state wide offices would go blue, but of course the vicious gerrymandering would probably keep the legislature red. maybe nearly purple.

EVAY
01-15-2014, 05:02 PM

I keep hearing that TX hispanics simply don't vote, if they did sufficiently, + blue SA, HOU, AUS, DAL, then TX state wide offices would go blue, but of course the vicious gerrymandering would probably keep the legislature red. maybe nearly purple.

You can probably count on the GOP trying to block every chance that poor people of any color have of voting in this next election. There will be challenges to people voting in every single voting district in the state. All the voter registration in the world won't help if the potential voter shows up without a valid photo i.d. And THAT is why a lot of hispanics aren't going to vote.

boutons_deux
01-15-2014, 05:18 PM
You can probably count on the GOP trying to block every chance that poor people of any color have of voting in this next election. There will be challenges to people voting in every single voting district in the state. All the voter registration in the world won't help if the potential voter shows up without a valid photo i.d. And THAT is why a lot of hispanics aren't going to vote.

even before the unconstitutional voter ID, Hispanics didn't vote in large %ages. Many poor people don't have cars, don't have photo ID, so can't vote.

vy65
01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
lotta butthurt itt about the term "abortion barbie," which is pretty lols in itself as a term

:cry people are meanies/say meanie things during elections :cry

and before anyone says anything, I dgaf who wins

TeyshaBlue
01-15-2014, 07:50 PM
I writing in Ann Richards.:madrun

RandomGuy
01-16-2014, 10:02 AM

That is exactly right. The voter ID law here was very clearly intended by the GOP dominated legislature to keep the hispanic turnout low. Funny thing is that it ended up pissing off a lot of women because of the fact that many women change their last names when they get married, and dont' always get their paperwork updated.

It was a double whammy, that has motivated a lot of women to get a bit more pissed off at the party of "legitimate rape" than normal.

RandomGuy
01-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Black women get abortions at a rate over 3x their demographic representation. Margret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a big eugenicist who was all for it. They don't like to bring that up, but on the internets I've read black feminists bash her when white feminists praise her.

Sanger was definitely a mixed bag, and a product of her time. A lot like just about any historical figure we lionize/demonize.

I find the motives/opinions of people 100+ years ago to be of little use in deciding public policy today.

elbamba
01-16-2014, 10:20 AM
We have added over a million people since that election, and the odds are good that more of those people will end up voting Democratic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Texas

Why do you think they will vote for democrats?

I could be wrong, but lots of the people pouring in are here for the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford. Most of them tend to be republican or not vote at all.

RandomGuy
01-16-2014, 10:43 AM

One can only hope that this will backfire and get a lot of people pissed off enough to do something about it.

The overall campaign by the state GOP to suppress minority turnout is so blatantly cynical and obvious to anybody with any sense that one would hope that the realization that these unserved populations might realize the power they truly possess.

RandomGuy
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM

I could be wrong, but lots of the people pouring in are here for the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford. Most of them tend to be republican or not vote at all.

That depends on whether they are originally from outside the state or not, and what the mixture of that new population is.

I haven't seen any data on the effects of immigration from those coming to work in the fields.

I would, however, be willing to bet they are predominantly single men.

Not a demographic that will help counterweight the higher fertility rate of the state's hispanic population. It takes two to make kids.

BradLohaus
01-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Sanger was definitely a mixed bag, and a product of her time. A lot like just about any historical figure we lionize/demonize.

I find the motives/opinions of people 100+ years ago to be of little use in deciding public policy today.

Me too.. so much for affirmative action then.

elbamba
01-16-2014, 11:11 AM
That depends on whether they are originally from outside the state or not, and what the mixture of that new population is.

I haven't seen any data on the effects of immigration from those coming to work in the fields.

I would, however, be willing to bet they are predominantly single men.

Not a demographic that will help counterweight the higher fertility rate of the state's hispanic population. It takes two to make kids.

Fair point. Most are actually married but have their families living in other areas, sometimes other states but usually just larger cities within driving distance to their various areas. But I acknowledge that this is only a small portion of the immigration to Texas. I should say most of the people that I work with in the area. I work with probably the ten largest operators and midstream companies in the area but I realize this is mostly anecdotal.

RandomGuy
01-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Me too.. so much for affirmative action then.

Affirmative action should grandfather and fade eventually.

The analogy though, isn't quite all that valid is it?

affirmative action is based, in part, on current motives/opinions.

Th'Pusher
01-16-2014, 01:15 PM

Oil field trash and the like are a major component of the base of the republican. Without those morons, the Republican Party would be dead.

BradLohaus
01-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Affirmative action should grandfather and fade eventually.

I have no idea why people think that AA won't be necessary in the white minority future. We'll double down and get a quota system. As I've said before, TX in 25 years will be 60% Hispanic, 25% white, and the remainder mostly black with a small % Asian. How's it going to go over if UT, A&M, and the rest don't come anywhere near that over 70% black + Hispanic percentage? The government will fix that; it just takes one court case. If you want to see the future of AA in the US, look at how it works in Malaysia. It's roughly 70% Malay with the remaining 30% Chinese and Indian. The majority put in a quota system for university enrollment, hiring and promotions to keep the minorities from dominating those spots. The US will do the same. Most of everyone on this board will easily live to see it. And if you think about it, that's the way that you would think AA would work, a majority looking out for their best interests, not the opposite as the white left in the West has devised. LOL that AA is going to fade. Not a chance.

BradLohaus
01-21-2014, 01:26 AM
Back to Wendy Davis:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/wendy-davis-heroically-cheated-on-her-husband-stayed-with-him-till-he-paid-off-her-student-loans/

Wendy Davis is a hero because she wore pink sneakers while holding a filibuster in support of murdering children. Then Melissa Harris Perry wore tampon earrings on MSNBC in support of Wendy Davis and also became a hero. It’s easy to be a hero these days.

Now Wendy Davis is heroically running for governor in Texas and the media keeps calling her heroic because of her amazingly heroic life story.

A single mother working two jobs, she met Jeff Davis, a lawyer 13 years older than her, married him and had a second daughter. He paid for her last two years at Texas Christian University and her time at Harvard Law School, and kept their two daughters while she was in Boston.

When they divorced in 2005, he was granted parental custody, and the girls stayed with him. Wendy Davis was directed to pay child support.

In his initial divorce filing, Jeff Davis said the marriage had failed, citing adultery on her part and conflicts that the couple could not overcome. The final court decree makes no mention of infidelity, granting the divorce solely “on the ground of insupportability.”

When she was accepted to Harvard Law School, Jeff Davis cashed in his 401(k) account and eventually took out a loan to pay for her final year there….

Over time, the Davises’ marriage was strained. In November 2003, Wendy Davis moved out.

Jeff Davis said that was right around the time the final payment on their Harvard Law School loan was due. “It was ironic,” he said. “I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left.”

Wendy Davis’ amazing heroic life story includes heroically using her husband as an ATM to pay for Harvard, heroically cheating on him, heroically divorcing him after using him to get the last loan payment and heroically dumping their kids on him.

A former colleague and political supporter who worked closely with Davis when she was on the council said the body’s work was very time-consuming.

“Wendy is tremendously ambitious,” he said, speaking only on condition of anonymity in order to give what he called an honest assessment. “She’s not going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way.”

Wendy Davis really is the perfect poster child to campaign for abortion. I wonder which of her daughters she wishes she would have killed.

Ouch. Here come the smears, as predicted. Although she should be able to at least dismiss the ditching her own child on the step father thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-21-2014, 06:58 AM
I have no idea why people think that AA won't be necessary in the white minority future. We'll double down and get a quota system. As I've said before, TX in 25 years will be 60% Hispanic, 25% white, and the remainder mostly black with a small % Asian. How's it going to go over if UT, A&M, and the rest don't come anywhere near that over 70% black + Hispanic percentage? The government will fix that; it just takes one court case. If you want to see the future of AA in the US, look at how it works in Malaysia. It's roughly 70% Malay with the remaining 30% Chinese and Indian. The majority put in a quota system for university enrollment, hiring and promotions to keep the minorities from dominating those spots. The US will do the same. Most of everyone on this board will easily live to see it. And if you think about it, that's the way that you would think AA would work, a majority looking out for their best interests, not the opposite as the white left in the West has devised. LOL that AA is going to fade. Not a chance.

:lol think of how much lower the minority population would be if yall didn't restrict access to abortions

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 07:48 AM
An old sugar daddy cashed in his 401K to put her through law school? Dayuuuum. LOL sounds like Wendy could be a spokesperson for seekingarrangements.com and how it changed her life.

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Repug bastards, holy Bible-thumpers every one of them, already out with the policy-absent politics of personal destruction? They must be worried about opponent Wendy.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Repug bastards, holy Bible-thumpers every one of them, already out with the policy-absent politics of personal destruction? They must be worried about opponent Wendy.

I really could care less that she fucked a significantly older man to get through college and then law school and had his kid. She must be a damn good fuck. he blew his 401K and then went into debt so she could live in Boston by herself while he took care of the kids at home in Dallas (his with her and hers from her first fling)

What makes her look like a heartless bitch, though, is that she dumped him right after he made the last payment on her student loans and then gave away BOTH kids to him giving him FULL custody. Man, you NEVER hear THAT happening.

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
I really could care less that she fucked a significantly older man to get through college and then law school and had his kid. She must be a damn good fuck. he blew his 401K and then went into debt so she could live in Boston by herself while he took care of the kids at home in Dallas (his with her and hers from her first fling)

What makes her look like a heartless bitch, though, is that she dumped him right after he made the last payment on her student loans and then gave away BOTH kids to him giving him FULL custody. Man, you NEVER hear THAT happening.

she sounds a cold-heart, fuck-the-clients businesswoman, one you should vote for

of course, that's only the ex-hubby's story. and it's really, really relevant to policy and governing.

Trill Clinton
01-21-2014, 10:46 AM
:cryshe fucked some guy for his money and made him raise their kid:cry

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Trill, you can pick shit with me all you want but I don't respect a father that would give up joint custody of his kids, much less a mother that would give her kids away. It's not like health or money was an issue. She just decided the kids she birthed were too much trouble.

mrsmaalox
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Eh, just about as heartless as dumping a wife with cancer while she's in the hospital dying. We get a scrubbed version from one party and a scathing version from the other. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
IF the ex-hubby's dump on his ex-wife is true, you chickenshits who love Ayn Rand's "greed is good, fuck everybody else" philosophy don't like it in practice? :lol

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I think Wendy will go far in politics after she moves back to Boston.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Eh, just about as heartless as dumping a wife with cancer while she's in the hospital dying. We get a scrubbed version from one party and a scathing version from the other. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Are you talking about John Edwards? :lol

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
the Ayn Rand/Repug business marriage: he pays, and he gets to fuck her.

RandomGuy
01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
She just decided the kids she birthed were too much trouble.

Link to evidence supporting this stated motivation?

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Link to evidence supporting this stated motivation?

from the Dallas Morning News:

A former colleague and political supporter who worked closely with Davis when she was on the council said the body’s work was very time-consuming.

“Wendy is tremendously ambitious,” he said, speaking only on condition of anonymity in order to give what he called an honest assessment. “She’s not going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way.”

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Attacks On Wendy Davis’ Life Story Follow Classic Sexist Playbook (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/01/21/3184391/sexist-wendy-davis-attacks/)

She manipulated her husband into paying her tuition.

After divorcing and enrolling in community college, Davis met her second husband, Jeff Davis, a 34-year-old lawyer, and married him after two years of dating. Davis helped her pay for the last two years of college and cashed in his 401(k) to help her pay for Harvard Law School while taking care of their children. He claimed Wendy left him “the next day” after he made the last payment on her Harvard Law loan.

The state senator shot down the implication that she had free-loaded on her husband, pointing out that she had her own income as a successful lawyer after graduating in 1993. “I was a vibrant part of contributing to our family finances from the time I graduated to the time we separated in 2003,” she told the newspaper. “The idea that suddenly there was this instantaneous departure after Jeff had partnered so beautifully with me in putting me through school is just absurd.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/01/21/3184391/sexist-wendy-davis-attacks/

Winehole23
01-21-2014, 03:36 PM
dp

Winehole23
01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
in his initial divorce filing, Jeff Davis said the marriage had failed, citing adultery on her part and conflicts that the couple could not overcome. The final court decree makes no mention of infidelity, granting the divorce solely “on the ground of insupportability.”

Amber was 21 and in college. Dru was in ninth grade. Jeff Davis was awarded parental custody. Wendy Davis was ordered to pay $1,200 a month in child support.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20140118-as-wendy-davis-touts-life-story-in-race-for-governor-key-facts-blurred.ece

Spurminator
01-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Wendy Davis really is the perfect poster child to campaign for abortion. I wonder which of her daughters she wishes she would have killed.

That's some last sentence. It's practically self-parody.

If all of the Republican coverage of Davis' past is full of such cringe-worthy vitriol, I doubt it's much of a concern to her campaign.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm sure it will all be forgotten by the time the primaries are over.

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Wendy Davis should be Bible-thumping HEROINE poster chld for NOT aborting her kids.

Bible-thumpers and Repugs never worry about the number of dead/maimed poor mothers and/or babies from lack of peri-natal health care by the closed "abortion" clinics, while at the same time denying the expaned ACA Medicaid coverage. yeah, those mothefuckers are really pro life.

Findog
01-21-2014, 05:01 PM
An old sugar daddy cashed in his 401K to put her through law school? Dayuuuum. LOL sounds like Wendy could be a spokesperson for seekingarrangements.com and how it changed her life.

Not only that but there's an accredited law school in her hometown of Ft. Worth (was Texas Wesleyan, now Texas A&M School of Law). She could have gone to law school at Wesleyan but she got him to cash out his 401k to put her through Harvard and raise both her kids in her absence. I really admire how she works her hustle. That's some quality grifting action right there.

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
"she got him to cash out his 401k"

yep, she FORCED him to do it, what a bitch. and yes, a law degree from TX Weslayan is just a good as one from Harvard, didn't she know it?

Findog
01-21-2014, 05:05 PM
[COLOR=#000000]"she got him to cash out his 401k"

yep, she FORCED him to do it, what a bitch.

The husband's a sucker and a beta chump to do that.

and yes, a law degree from TX Weslayan is just a good as one from Harvard, didn't she know it?

What does she need a law degree from Harvard for when she's a mother with two kids in Ft. Worth? Oh right, it sounds so much better when she runs for office. The husband should have told he he'd help her pay for Wesleyan. A lot of this was his own doing practically treating his wife as a prostitute.

spursncowboys
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
I think history will show tons of times when someone who ran and lost by a ridiculous amount of votes. Didn't the TX Dems try this before when they went "All Minority" ticket?

How about no more gimmicks and get some good candidates?

spursncowboys
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
The quote about her not letting raising kids get in her way seems pretty damning.

boutons_deux
01-21-2014, 05:32 PM
I think history will show tons of times when someone who ran and lost by a ridiculous amount of votes. Didn't the TX Dems try this before when they went "All Minority" ticket?

The sociopathic brutality of TX Repugs vs poor women has disgusted some Repug women. One quote I saw was a Repug woman saying she would vote Dem first time in her life.

mrsmaalox
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
The quote about her not letting raising kids get in her way seems pretty damning.

It's damning only if they can find a quote of her saying it herself. Otherwise, it's only hearsay from a 3rd party.

Spurminator
01-21-2014, 06:04 PM

Sounds like petty office gossip to me.

Das Texan
01-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Law degree from Texas Weslayan is shit compared to one from Harvard.

If you cant see this then I dont exactly know what. I mean hate on Davis for a number of things, but to say that a law degree from the two are essentially equal is either retarded or incredibly naive.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
It will be old news at best in a few weeks. Surprised that Dallas Morning News broke the story, though. They admit that they are a "Liberal" leaning paper but attempt to be balanced. Plenty of time before the election to massage the message and the ex didn't completely throw her under the bus.

SnakeBoy
01-21-2014, 07:10 PM

They tried an extremely competent candidate last time with Bill White...he got crushed.

It's damning only if they can find a quote of her saying it herself. Otherwise, it's only hearsay from a 3rd party.

Well it may not be damning but it's just one more thing to pile on the power hungry gold digging barbie doll whore narrative that will be used to destroy her.

spursncowboys
01-21-2014, 07:33 PM
The sociopathic brutality of TX Repugs vs poor women has disgusted some Repug women. One quote I saw was a Repug woman saying she would vote Dem first time in her life.
She's poor?

spursncowboys
01-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Sounds like petty office gossip to me.
Yeah...and?

ElNono
01-21-2014, 09:19 PM

I wonder the same thing about the GOP at the national level... Christie, belly and all, it's probably the closest it's going to get...

angrydude
01-21-2014, 09:47 PM

If you cant see this then I dont exactly know what. I mean hate on Davis for a number of things, but to say that a law degree from the two are essentially equal is either retarded or incredibly naive.

It depends on who you know and what you are doing.

I guarantee you can become a millionaire partner at a big law firm (in texas anyway) even if you went to Weslayan

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-21-2014, 10:19 PM
I wonder the same thing about the GOP at the national level... Christie, belly and all, it's probably the closest it's going to get...

Christie was a gimmick just targeting a different crowd (retarded liberals who think he's a moderate because he hugged Obama).

Das Texan
01-21-2014, 10:26 PM
It depends on who you know and what you are doing.

I guarantee you can become a millionaire partner at a big law firm (in texas anyway) even if you went to Weslayan

but much more difficult.

in reality it limits your options dramatically.

ElNono
01-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Christie was a gimmick just targeting a different crowd (retarded liberals who think he's a moderate because he hugged Obama).

But that's the votes they're going to have to scrape... when the good ole' base can't get you in office anymore, you need to hold your nose and start grabbing from the center...

Let me tell you something, I'm in Jersey, and the whole bridge thing is already over... people more worried about today's snow storm than that at this point...

Findog
01-21-2014, 11:11 PM

What I'm saying is that it's weird that Jeff Davis agreed to finance her taking three years away from their family to get a Harvard law degree. If I were her husband and she wanted me to pay for a law degree, I would tell her to enroll at Wesleyan. He essentially paid for her to raise herself to out of his league. It's no surprise at all that she cheated on him and filed for divorce the day after the final student loan payment was made. If he was skilled at pussy control, she'd be a partner at some firm in Ft. Worth right now and they'd still be together.

No shit a Harvard Law degree is eons above Texas Wesleyan.

boutons_deux
01-22-2014, 06:19 AM
"If he was skilled at pussy control, she'd be a partner at some firm in Ft. Worth right now and they'd still be together"

... wishful thinking.

You have no idea how good or bad their relationship was, law school or not. If she was screwing around on him, that usually means she wasn't happy with him, and probably he wasn't happy with her.

spursncowboys
01-22-2014, 08:40 AM

There's no telling if any big donors were going to fund Christie.

boutons_deux
01-22-2014, 10:00 AM

liberals are the educated party. Repugs are the willfully ignorant assholes. Fat Bastard's NJ policies and his Wall St history convince nobody that he's a moderate. That's HIS lie

Spurminator
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Yeah...and?

My sentiments exactly.

ElNono
01-22-2014, 11:42 AM
There's no telling if any big donors were going to fund Christie.

He's in the northeast. Big donors aren't a problem, tbh. He does need to get the party to push his nomination past the primaries though (ie: like Mitt).

boutons_deux
01-22-2014, 12:09 PM
There is nothing untrue in the Wendy Davis narrative. But there is something unfair.

Consider that she got loans and assistance and got into Harvard Law. Her husband helped. He knew her potential. He said as much in Slater's article. He introduced her to people. Wendy took her children with her to Boston but, undoubtedly, discovered it is hard to do Harvard Law and raise kids. They went home to their dad. She commuted as often as affordable to be with them. She got a by-god Harvard Law degree.

Quite a tale, eh? Reframe it around a man. And here's the interpretation:

Can you believe the sacrifices he made for his family, to get his degree, and lift them out of their situation? Lived in a mobile home a few months, lived with his mother, lived in a small, cheap apartment, went into debt, paid off his loans, endured long weekends to make sure he was involved in the raising of his children while reading the law, and managed to eventually become a Texas State Senator and run for governor. The marriage didn't survive but the couple separated amicably and continued to raise their children together and still have mutual respect. Who is this great man?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-moore/wendy-davis-and-the-amazi_b_4641696.html

iow, the attacks on WD by the right-wing hate media and ST right-wingers are fundamentally sexist

boutons_deux
01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
excellent right-wing/Repug reachout/rebranding/messaging effort! :lol

10. Rush Limbaugh: " (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/wendy-davis-sexism_n_4638465.html?utm_hp_ref=tw)It seems, to boil it all down, that Wendy Davis would’ve ended up being really poor and destitute were it not for a man." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/wendy-davis-sexism_n_4638465.html?utm_hp_ref=tw)

9. Abbott spokesperson Matt Hirsch: "She expects voters to indulge her fanciful narrative." (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20140120-davis-dismisses-issue-of-discrepancies-in-personal-story-as-campaign-attack.ece)
Greg Abbott campaign spokesperson Matt Hirsch, making comments that suggest Wendy Davis didn't live in a mobile home long enough for it to count.

8. Breitbart Headline: "Wendy Davis Feminism: Stand By Your Man Until the Bills Are Paid"

7. Eric Erickson: Lies About Drugs and a Court Order (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/01/21/3184391/sexist-wendy-davis-attacks/)

From Think Progress (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/01/21/3184391/sexist-wendy-davis-attacks/):

"Erick Erickson of RedState even blasted out the headline “Wendy Davis’ Ex Asked a Court to Order Her Not to Use Drugs Before Seeing Her Kids,” a charge entirely based on boilerplate divorce settlement language barring a parent from using drugs or alcohol 24 hours before seeing their children.

The language was not unique to Wendy Davis and is used in paperwork for all divorce filings.

6. From Twitter: "Her message to woman on to make it in life....... Become a Gold Digger @WendyDavisTexas" (http://twitter.com/jensan1332/statuses/425686890994356226)

5. Limbaugh, again: She's willing to abandon the truth in her quest for "higher orifice" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6-cpQsv33k)

4. Erickson, again: "So Abortion Barbie had a Sugar Daddy Ken." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/wendy-davis-sexism_n_4638465.html?utm_hp_ref=tw)

3. Limbaugh, again: Davis is a "Genuine Head Case" (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/21/conservative-media-cant-talk-about-wendy-davis/197671)

2. Don't even know what to say about this picture...
http://progresstexas.org/sites/default/files/SugarDaddyKen.jpg

1. The Other McCain: "Let’s Slut-Shame @WendyDavisTexas!" (http://theothermccain.com/2014/01/20/lets-slut-shame-wendydavistexas/)

Robert Stacy McCain @rsmccain (https://twitter.com/rsmccain)
To be clear: My last tweet was not meant to imply @WendyDavisTexas (https://twitter.com/WendyDavisTexas) is a cheap dishonest two-timing floozy. Obviously, she's not cheap.

From the site: "The point of mocking progressive celebrity women is not because such mockery will contribute to their electoral defeat. No, the purpose of deriding Democrat women is to inspire feminists to frothing rage over the alleged sexism of conservatives.

- See more at: http://progresstexas.org/blog/top-ten-worst-comments-made-conservatives-about-wendy-davis?akid=140.10974.oerCUG&rd=1&t=2#sthash.Il3d074D.dpuf

boutons_deux
01-22-2014, 02:09 PM
I remember decades ago, the politician ALWAYS said he came from poor, his family was poor, preferably poor formers or other rural poor. Gave them down-home credibility, sympathy from all the other US poor people.

Now, if you come from poor, you and your parent(s) are losers, and esp if you're a woman.

BradLohaus
01-23-2014, 03:44 AM
So did she dump her kid on the idiot sugar daddy or not?

BradLohaus
01-23-2014, 03:53 AM
That's some last sentence. It's practically self-parody.

If all of the Republican coverage of Davis' past is full of such cringe-worthy vitriol, I doubt it's much of a concern to her campaign.

I'd bet there is some concern. As I said before, there are a lot of married women with kids left in TX that won't like Davis. In the mid 2020s it won't matter, but it will today.

Winehole23
01-23-2014, 04:39 AM
It's damning only if they can find a quote of her saying it herself. Otherwise, it's only hearsay from a 3rd party.Love the sig. Big Barbara Stanwyck fan, here.

mrsmaalox
01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Love the sig. Big Barbara Stanwyck fan, here.

Thanks! She's the greatest screen star ever imo, I love her :)

Spurminator
01-23-2014, 02:34 PM
I'd bet there is some concern. As I said before, there are a lot of married women with kids left in TX that won't like Davis. In the mid 2020s it won't matter, but it will today.

I'd be surprised if very many of them weren't already predisposed to dislike whatever Democrat is running. But we'll see.

boutons_deux
01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
So did she dump her kid on the idiot sugar daddy or not?

she took her kids to Harvard, but realized she couldn't manage, so they were sent back to daddy. She said she travelled often from Harvard to TX to visit them. The divorce was amicable, but slime-bag divorce lawyers always slime it up.

you right wingers swallow any slimey turds the right-wing media dumps on ya, even with out bacon on it.

scott
01-23-2014, 03:01 PM

Are you implying that you can't have good candidates who are also "all minority"?

scott
01-23-2014, 03:05 PM
What I'm saying is that it's weird that Jeff Davis agreed to finance her taking three years away from their family to get a Harvard law degree.

Not weird at all considering Jeff was a successful attorney who married an ambitious young lady. Do you think successful people get to where they are by sitting around and settling for Wesleyan when they can get into Harvard?

boutons_deux
01-23-2014, 03:20 PM
"What I'm saying is that it's weird that Jeff Davis agreed to finance her taking three years away from their family to get a Harvard law degree."

she didn't spend 36 months non-stop at Harvard and separated from her kids. Probably back home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, exam study period, spring break, SUMMER, whatever. iow, pretty much like any other student getting away from campus as much a possible.

iow, probably not away from the kids more than a few weeks. and her kids weren't babies

"When the divorce settlement was finalized in 2005, Jeff Davis was granted parental custody, and the girls (Amber then 21 and Dru then 14) stayed with him,"

so one "kid" who stayed with her dad was fucking 21, and the other was 14.

She also paid child support, I see no record of her being a "dead-beat mom".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_Davis_(politician)

boutons_deux
01-23-2014, 03:26 PM
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wendy-davis-harvard-picture.jpghttp://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wendy_davis_2010.jpg

Spurminator
01-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Not weird at all considering Jeff was a successful attorney who married an ambitious young lady. Do you think successful people get to where they are by sitting around and settling for Wesleyan when they can get into Harvard?

She's s'posed to be raisin' the kids and cleanin' the house, not runnin' off for some fancy shmancy degree. It's the man's job to leave town for his career.

ElNono
01-23-2014, 05:05 PM
She's s'posed to be raisin' the kids and cleanin' the house, not runnin' off for some fancy shmancy degree. It's the man's job to leave town for his career.

:lol I still remember Mitt on one of his debates with Barry bringing up "we have to go back when the man was the breadwinner and the woman was raising children" (paraphrasing). smh moment.

Findog
01-23-2014, 06:14 PM

You and Jeff Davis obviously have no idea how hypergamy works.

Findog
01-23-2014, 06:14 PM
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wendy-davis-harvard-picture.jpghttp://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wendy_davis_2010.jpg

Ex-husband didn't just pay for her school.

BradLohaus
01-24-2014, 05:38 AM
ROFL Findog FTW

she took her kids to Harvard, but realized she couldn't manage, so they were sent back to daddy.

Except not daddy in one case. Step daddy is obviously a sucker as Findog pointed out. But Wendy's priorities didn't factor that in. Is it worse when a woman does that? Yep, see nature for a reference.

BradLohaus
01-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Funniest take on Wendy that I've seen. Findog talking about hypergamy made me think of Roissy. Funny and sad and true.

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/wendy-davis-iconic-american-woman/

Wendy Davis: Iconic American Woman

January 21, 2014 by CH

Chuck has a great exposé on Wendy Davis, the Texas Democrat gubernatorial candidate who’s been lionized by the mass liberal media as some sort of working single mom superheroine.

If your values are inverted, then, yes, Wendy Davis would seem to you an icon for the age. Her life resumé reads like a leftoid wet dream.

- Lawyercunt. Could it be any other way?
- Single mom.
- Crusader fighting the good fight against “old boys’ network”.
- Poster bitch for grrlpower.
- Self-supporting Harvard grad.
- Beacon of liberal hope in backward, inbred, red state Texas.

The truth about Wendy Davis is somewhat less heartening for her loyal spinster army.

- Lived with her mom for a while after she dumped her first husband.
- Relied on the patriarchy — her father — for a job as a waitress at the theater he owned.
- Married her second husband, Jeff Davis, who is 13 years older than her.
- Jeff Davis paid for her final two years at college, and then for her Harvard Law School tuition by raiding his 401(k) savings.
- The DAY AFTER he made the final payment on her Harvard school loans, the golddigging, scheming, sociopathic, hypergamous **** filed for divorce.
- This proud single mom relinquished custody of her kid.
- In Jeff Davis’ divorce affidavit, he cited his ex-wife for adultery.

Heroic single mom, my squat-hardened ass. This anvil-jawed broad is a con artist and a leech.

Allow CH to drop some truly hideous truths into your lap today.

Single mommery is not heroic, apart from a few special circumstances (e.g., war widow). The single mother who has tragically and prematurely lost a husband and a father to her children is not a single mom; she’s a widow, and like any befallen widow her extended families and her neighbors will feel the pull of charity and rally to her aid, and give her and her children comfort and love. This will redound to the children’s benefit. But the single mom who cavalierly disposes of a good husband and father, or who makes a poor, tingle-inspired choice of mate, will not inspire nearly the same outpouring of charity and love from her families or neighbors. Her bastard spawn will suffer in part from this organic casting out by those on whom she expects to rely.

The institution of single mommery — and let there be no doubt that the equalists are attempting to elevate the single mom lifestyle to an honored place in American society — is a cancer on civilization. Single moms who are in their predicament by choice or by cumulative bad decisions are vectors of societal disease, bearing with them the rotten fruit of a new generation of misfits, degenerates, orcs and orc-incubators. They are not to be lauded; they are to be shunned. Ridiculed. Insulted. Shamed. Driven from the body politic like a virus, surrounded by healthy white blood cells and cordoned off from the functioning of vital organs. As a lesson for the others who may be teasing with the idea of following the same malignant life path.

But our body politic is weak, suffering from an autoimmune disorder that is incapable of identifying viral agents let alone expelling them before lethal damage is inflicted. Instead of watching Wendy Davis laughed out of the public sphere, she collects millions in feels money from feminists and their leftoid lackeys who excuse or ignore her malevolence with the same alacrity they pounce on those who commit the slightest realtalk offenses against PC boilerplate.

Wendy Davis is one woman — specifically, she’s one **** — in the wasteland of a deathstruck nation, but the exquisite arrangement of her life particulars makes her emblematic of the times. It’s rare to find encapsulated in one gnarled specimen so many modern ills and torments and false gods; a woman that lies built. For this reason, Wendy Davis is the iconic American woman for the young century. She is the mudpie that the slouched beasts lift up and proclaim art. She is anti-truth. She is anti-beauty. She is death, destroyer of worlds.

boutons_deux
01-24-2014, 06:45 AM
"Funniest take on Wendy that I've seen"

funny? which parts made you laugh?

seems like the typical misogynist political slanderous turds you right-wingers love to eat.

BradLohaus
01-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Slander requires untruth. If Wendy did in fact milk her sucker ex for money and then dumped her kid on him (reported by the ultra - right rag Dallas MN, ha), than that's just a fact. You go girl! Misogynist. Yawn.

If we're playing the seems like game, then it seems like you'll defend Wendy like the "Christian" Bubba redneck gun fellators defend Good Hair.

boutons_deux
01-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Slander requires untruth. If Wendy did in fact milk her sucker ex for money and then dumped her kid on him (reported by the ultra - right rag Dallas MN, ha), than that's just a fact. You go girl! Misogynist. Yawn.

If we're playing the seems like game, then it seems like you'll defend Wendy like the "Christian" Bubba redneck gun fellators defend Good Hair.

no, I'm not defending WD, just trying to get the facts straight, but that's probably not going to happen. Obviously, you assholes and right-wing attack dogs are gonna fill in the holes with slander and lies.

you hellbent misogynists say this lawyer guy was a such sucker, sugar daddy. Who forced him to take out a loan?

Who knows what kind of deal they had before the divorce was filed? Perhaps they agreed that he would pay off the loan so that was off the community property ledger. And who said she ambushed him with the divorce filing? The divorce was amicable. The infidelity charge could have been just pro forma divorce lawyer lawyering.

Findog
01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Funniest take on Wendy that I've seen. Findog talking about hypergamy made me think of Roissy. Funny and sad and true.

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/wendy-davis-iconic-american-woman/

Never ever ever get into a relationship or wife up a single mom. Obviously I am excluding widows and the .0005% of women whose husbands actually abandoned them and they didn't get a frivorce ala Eat, Betray, Love.

leemajors
01-24-2014, 01:27 PM

Why didn't you include that squirting comic? Did you take the Alpha Assessment?

BradLohaus
01-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Why didn't you include that squirting comic? Did you take the Alpha Assessment?

It didn't show when I posted it. And my good and youthful looks score well.

Never mind what Wendy said.

Winehole23
01-25-2014, 04:33 AM

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-25-2014, 08:13 AM

:lmao

baseline bum
01-25-2014, 09:50 AM
I don't get it; how's she going to be governor from the kitchen?

Bill_Brasky
01-25-2014, 10:29 AM
Oh look a smear campaign

Bill_Brasky
01-25-2014, 10:32 AM
:madrun fuck this Harvard kent, I'd rather have a closeted homo governer who barely scraped by with a C in a shitty degree plan from a state school :madrun

leemajors
01-25-2014, 10:49 AM
It didn't show when I posted it. And my good and youthful looks score well.

Never mind what Wendy said.

I just don't understand why you thought Tucker Max's political blog was relevant, or funny.

spursncowboys
01-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Are you implying that you can't have good candidates who are also "all minority"?

That's absurd to take away that notion from my post. I'll assume it was a shot to troll.

boutons_deux
01-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Fucking Repug trash, fucking South Carolina, fucking red-neck neo-Confederates

Tea Party Republican spews vile, sexist Twitter attacks at Wendy Davis

Kincannon has enlarged upon early Republican attacks on Davis, insinuating that because she supports a woman’s right to choose, she must be a promiscuous, man-eating tramp. Calling her a “coke whore” and insinuating that she cheated on her then-husband, Kincannon wrote, at one point, “I don’t care if folks attack Wendy Davis unfairly. I just want her attacked.”

He has tweeted, variously:

- I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who was as much of a whore as Wendy Davis. And I’ve met some epic whores in my travels.

- I suspect Texas voters care that Wendy Davis was potentially going to Harvard coke parties instead of caring for her children.

- Make Wendy Davis worry that somebody will dig up a Harvard classmate that she did coke with. Torture her until she begs for it to stop.

- Wendy Davis has an abortion fetish and did in fact abandon her children.

- Make Wendy Davis wish she’d never been born.

The fusillade of misogynist filth has gone on for days, now, with Kincannon furiously unloading on people defending Davis as well as fellow conservatives begging him not to further damage the party’s image.

“Lick my taint,” he angrily told one female critic.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/25/tea-party-republican-spews-vile-sexist-twitter-attacks-at-wendy-davis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

scott
01-27-2014, 10:04 AM
That's absurd to take away that notion from my post. I'll assume it was a shot to troll.

What is it about Davis and VDP that make them a gimmick for the D party as opposed to "good candidates"? Keep in mind, the D party is going to have D's running.

spursncowboys
01-27-2014, 03:54 PM
What is it about Davis and VDP that make them a gimmick for the D party as opposed to "good candidates"? Keep in mind, the D party is going to have D's running.

Do you think that it's a coincidence they are both females?

angrydude
01-27-2014, 04:18 PM
she took her kids to Harvard, but realized she couldn't manage, so they were sent back to daddy. She said she travelled often from Harvard to TX to visit them. The divorce was amicable, but slime-bag divorce lawyers always slime it up.

you right wingers swallow any slimey turds the right-wing media dumps on ya, even with out bacon on it.

Divorce lawyers like things quick and easy so they can move on to the next case.

If the spouses both agree there is nothing to slime up.

boutons_deux
01-27-2014, 04:31 PM

you mean like the gimmicks of Fox Repug Propaganda network reachout and "balance" by having a lot of Uncle Tom/Steppin Fetcchin talking heads?

scott
01-27-2014, 04:31 PM

Do you think it can't be?

Do you think Davis and Van de Putte are unqualified D candidates?

boutons_deux
01-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Divorce lawyers like things quick and easy so they can move on to the next case.

If the spouses both agree there is nothing to slime up.

They threaten to nuke the other side with "infidelity" to stay out of court, and quickly.

spursncowboys
01-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Do you think it can't be? Do you?

Do you think Davis and Van de Putte are unqualified D candidates?
I'm not sure what qualifies anyone in politics...except for getting money and getting votes. She is definitely qualified with the money aspect, since there will be alot of non Texan pro-choice funding her.

What has she done that you feel qualifies her?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Whether or not she's qualified, idk why people think Wendy Davis is a good candidate for this race. Social issues like abortion, i.e. the issues she's known for, are good wedge issues to for Democrats to win a presidential race that's decided by swing states/undecided voters. I won't vote for her because from what I hear she's about as status quo as the average Democrat is these days (i.e. a corporate whore who only talks about issues like abortion while she could give two shits about economic issues). A good Democratic candidate for Texas is someone who doesn't mind being pro-life or anti-gay marriage and focuses on stuff like 30% of Texas not having healthcare.

boutons_deux
01-27-2014, 10:09 PM
"focuses on stuff like 30% of Texas not having healthcare."

the Dems would be incredibly stupid NOT to make Repug red-states dumping millions of their bubbas into the "gap" of no coverage THE issue in every red state.

scott
01-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Whether or not she's qualified, idk why people think Wendy Davis is a good candidate for this race. Social issues like abortion, i.e. the issues she's known for, are good wedge issues to for Democrats to win a presidential race that's decided by swing states/undecided voters. I won't vote for her because from what I hear she's about as status quo as the average Democrat is these days (i.e. a corporate whore who only talks about issues like abortion while she could give two shits about economic issues). A good Democratic candidate for Texas is someone who doesn't mind being pro-life or anti-gay marriage and focuses on stuff like 30% of Texas not having healthcare.

Here's every bill she Authored in 2013: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/reports/report.aspx?LegSess=83R&ID=author&Code=A1155

"What she's known for" is what the media has covered, and most media doesn't cover the Texas Lege in general.

scott
01-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Do you?

Do I think it requires anything other than a coincidence for two women to be the headline nominees for a party? No more than I think two men requires a coincidence. The majority of human beings in the United States have vaginas, why does it require a "gimmick" as you put it for two to be nominated?

I'm not sure what qualifies anyone in politics...except for getting money and getting votes. She is definitely qualified with the money aspect, since there will be alot of non Texan pro-choice funding her.

What has she done that you feel qualifies her?

So is she a bad candidate or not? You said "How about no more gimmicks and get some good candidates?". You haven't elaborated on any reason for David or Van de Putte to be "bad candidates", thus my only conclusion to jump to, which you called "absurd" is that you think it's a gimmick just because they both happen to be women.

So whether I think she's a good candidate or not is irrelevant, since I'm not the one who made the comment.

BradLohaus
01-28-2014, 02:27 AM
If Wendy didn't want her kids, but the husband did, and she was willing to pay support then her divorce was probably as easy as possible. If she does get the nomination and this is true then it will go the typical mass media route.

1.) It's not true
2.) It's true but it doesn't matter
3.) If you think it matters, then misogyny

boutons_deux
01-28-2014, 04:04 AM
Dear right-wing WD-sliming misogynist,

"If Wendy didn't want her kids,"

how do you know she "didn't want" her kids?

They were 14 and 21 at time of divorce. iow, she wasn't NOT WANTING her kids as babies nor a little children but as 1) legal adult and 2) teenager.

While they were living with the father and WD paying child support, how often did WD and the kids see each other? Was there a bad relationship between WD and kids? Good relationship?

Was WD denied visiting rights?

Any other imaginary sliming, biased details you want to fill in?

BradLohaus
01-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Misogynist, again. Yawn, again.

Giving up your biological child to the step is odd.

boutons_deux
01-28-2014, 05:27 AM
Misogynist, again. Yawn, again.

Giving up your biological child to the step is odd.

When the courts sytemacally DENY dads custody, that's not "odd"

"Giving up your biological child"

you still haven't supported your misogynist bias was giving us all the details of the deals and relationships between the father, wife, and kids. The divorce and terms were amicable.

They weren't children, but a 21 year old adult and 14 year old teen.

your misogynist prejudice isn't at all ODD, it's the normal, the average for dickless, manhood-threatened, paranoid right-wingers.

angrydude
01-28-2014, 10:42 AM
a 14 yr old teen is a child. In fact, a 14 year old child is probably going to take a divorce the hardest of anyone.

boutons_deux
01-28-2014, 11:28 AM
a 14 yr old teen is a child. In fact, a 14 year old child is probably going to take a divorce the hardest of anyone.

probably, but you got any facts how about this particular 14 year was affected and how this particular amicable divorce worked out among the 4 of them?

RandomGuy
01-28-2014, 12:42 PM
from the Dallas Morning News:

That is a link to what someone else thinks is her stated motivation.

Somehow I doubt an anonymous "former colleague and political supporter who worked closely with Davis" was privy to the decision making process with enough authority to speak definitively.

I demand a bit higher standard of evidence when it comes to such things, and you should too.

Winehole23
01-28-2014, 06:58 PM
http://ww1.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dru-Amber-Open-Letter.pdf

boutons_deux
01-28-2014, 08:46 PM
http://ww1.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dru-Amber-Open-Letter.pdf

wow

let's see how the misogynists here and the Fox/haters respond

Winehole23
01-28-2014, 08:53 PM
almost anyone would stick up for their mom, but yeah, parroting Erick Erickson's facile bs is weak as hell.

BradLohaus
01-29-2014, 04:21 AM
It's not surprising at all that the daughters would stick up for their mom. Nobody (that I've read, at least) claimed that they didn't love her. The issue comes from the sugar daddy aspects, and whether or not she fought for primary custody of the kids. Personally I've never heard of a woman not doing that, and neither has anyone else I know.

Who expected her daughters to come out and bash her? And they also didn't talk about the divorce timing. It's funny that people like to throw around the word misogyny when I've heard women rip WD apart.

boutons_deux
01-29-2014, 06:41 AM
"Nobody (that I've read, at least) claimed that they didn't love her"

... but the right-wing hate media's and ST right-wingers' implication, if not outright claim, is that WD didn't love her kids, was a BAD MOTHER for trying to have a family AND pursue an ambitious career, you know, a woman getting all uppity, challenging dickless men's RIGHT to be superior, like them n!gg@s, also so loved by the Repugs, that don't know their place (is to be in prison).

"the sugar daddy aspects"

the husband paying for his wife's education is a (extorted? forced? suckered?) sugar daddy, but a mother interrupting (aka sacrificing) her career to raise kids is expected. He took out the loan 10 years before the divorce. Think the marriage was bad then? Maybe he wanted her to achieve her objectives? nah, Real Men don't do that.

"didn't talk about the divorce timing" which condemns WD in what way? do you KNOW WD AMBUSHED him witht the divorce? the divorce is said to have been amicable. Him paying off the load could have been part of their agreement to get that debt out of community property.

"I've heard women rip WD apart." link? They're probably Repugs or in the right-wing misogynist hate media.

pgardn
01-29-2014, 09:21 AM
It's not surprising at all that the daughters would stick up for their mom. Nobody (that I've read, at least) claimed that they didn't love her. The issue comes from the sugar daddy aspects, and whether or not she fought for primary custody of the kids. Personally I've never heard of a woman not doing that, and neither has anyone else I know.

Who expected her daughters to come out and bash her? And they also didn't talk about the divorce timing. It's funny that people like to throw around the word misogyny when I've heard women rip WD apart.

No, one of the issues raised by yourself was how a 14 year old feels about divorce, how it might hurt them in this case. So now you have an open letter and change to another argument.

As an aside I have met Leticia. She is very nice and astoundingly dull. Dull as in not sharp. Very dull. The democrats must have very slim pickings to run her with Wendy. When I saw her name I was moderately shocked. But I got better, this is Texas politics and policies. Maybe Letty has some capable guide dogs being that she is running blind.

2 cents.

Spurminator
01-29-2014, 11:42 AM
It's not surprising at all that the daughters would stick up for their mom. Nobody (that I've read, at least) claimed that they didn't love her.

I'd think if I was the daughter of someone who wanted me aborted and then abandoned me after conning my father out of money so she could start a political career, I might have a few not-so-kind things to say about her.

boutons_deux
01-29-2014, 12:42 PM
"conning"

evidence she conned her husband?

evidence she ambushed him with divorce?

All you right-wing assholes have is misogynist bias

Spurminator
01-29-2014, 01:12 PM
"conning"

evidence she conned her husband?

evidence she ambushed him with divorce?

All you right-wing assholes have is misogynist bias

You Alternet assholes have no sense of sarcasm.

Nbadan
01-29-2014, 10:37 PM
SR 865 Author: Zaffirini | Birdwell | Campbell | Carona | Davis | et al.
Last Action: 05/09/2013 S Reported enrolled
Caption: Recognizing Mother's Day 2013.

Slut.

scott
01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Wendy Davis’ daughters defend their mom as ‘remarkable mother’

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/in-open-letters-wendy-davis-daughters-defend-their/nc5d7/

Open letters from Wendy Davis' daughters

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/01/28/Dru__Amber_Open_Letter.pdf

Edit: Sorry, just realized they were already posted.

BradLohaus
02-02-2014, 04:25 AM
To boutons #138

It does come down to what you said about the difference between a man and a woman focusing on career vs primary custody in a settlement. You say there should be no difference, but most men and married women with kids view it differently as to whether it's a man giving up custody or a woman. This shows up in voting stats when it comes to age, marriage & divorce and having children. This is why I said at the beginning that young, never married women with no kids and single mothers love WD. Married women with kids not so much. The same aspect applies with young never married men vs. married men with kids. It's simple voting demographics that show up in every election, along with race.

But as I've also said before, don't worry, you'll get your wish with the changing racial and family demographics. Just not yet; you'll have to wait until the next decade. Which is great news, because as history shows, countries with broken families create fantastic societies that last. Bet the house on that.

boutons_deux
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM
"countries with broken families create fantastic societies that last"

so it looks like USA is going to be even more "fantastic"

New Study Says Divorce Rates Will Increase As Economy Recovers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/28/divorce-rates_n_4682692.html

FastStats: Marriage and Divorce

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/divorce.html

the divorce rate has been around 50% for decades. That is not, nor is single, unmarried mothers, the cause of USA being so unFantastic, wiht increasing socioecomic immobility, a huge percentage in poverty or near-poverty, and with increasingly horrible inequality.

"defense of marriage" is nothing but another Repug social issue to sucker the divorce-ridden red-staters who think as "Christians" they are the saviour of the mythical American/Norman Rockwell Dream.

SnakeBoy
02-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Wendy Davis’ daughters defend their mom as ‘remarkable mother’

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/in-open-letters-wendy-davis-daughters-defend-their/nc5d7/

Open letters from Wendy Davis' daughters

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/01/28/Dru__Amber_Open_Letter.pdf

Edit: Sorry, just realized they were already posted.

:lol You know you are in trouble when your kids have to write letters to try and convince people that you are not a shitty person.

boutons_deux
02-03-2014, 05:35 AM
:lol You know you are in trouble when your kids have to write letters to try and convince people that you are not a shitty person.

you know your a slimy shitbag when your political strategy is not policies and programs but slanderous personal destruction (and suckering ignorant, poor bubbas into voting against their own best interests with hypocritial "social" issues).

elbamba
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
you know your a slimy shitbag when your political strategy is not policies and programs but slanderous personal destruction (and suckering ignorant, poor bubbas into voting against their own best interests with hypocritial "social" issues).

Gee, because this hasn't been the system since before the country was founded. It was just as slimy for Davis to make the comment about Abbot not walking a day her in shoes. Politicians are scum bags.

boutons_deux
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
"not walking a mile in my shoes" is an old adage used in countless situations.

Prove that WD was specifically referring to Abbot as a paraplegic?

Bill_Brasky
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I hope you all get exactly what you deserve in a governer and have been getting for years: pure shit.

Winehole23
02-03-2014, 12:37 PM
for better and for worse, we'll probably get Greg Abbott.

boutons_deux
02-03-2014, 12:39 PM
for better and for worse, we'll probably get Greg Abbott.

for worse, and he'll be worse than Ricky Bobby as TX tea baggin extremists pull TX more to the extreme right.

Winehole23
02-03-2014, 12:46 PM
each side recoils from the other in disgust. you're part of that motion, boutons.

boutons_deux
02-03-2014, 12:55 PM
each side recoils from the other in disgust. you're part of that motion, boutons.

bullshit.

TX tea baggers and Repug politicians ARE disgusting assholes.

false equivalence, GFY

Jacob1983
02-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Boutons, you are a bigot when it comes to Republicans, conservatives, and anyone else that disagrees with you. You need to simma down now and relax. It's okay if someone disagrees with you. It's a part of life.

boutons_deux
02-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Boutons, you are a bigot when it comes to Republicans, conservatives, and anyone else that disagrees with you. You need to simma down now and relax. It's okay if someone disagrees with you. It's a part of life.

bigot? :lol

Just because I'm vehemently anti-Repug, anti-conservative, anti-libertarian means I'm bigoted? :lol

bigotry, prejudice ( pre-judging ) is like saying, as was the case not too many years ago "all blacks are too stupid to be quarterbacks".

I'm not prejudiced against the right-wing. I look at the damning, long-term evidence condemning these assholes first and then judge them as really assholes.

You take my bitch-slappings like a dickless wimp.

boutons_deux
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Texas Republicans Vying for Lieutenant Governor Lean Heavily RightOne candidate has called for the impeachment of President Obama. Another wants the National Guard to help secure the border. Yet another criticized the openly lesbian mayor (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/us/14houston.html) here for marrying her longtime partner in Palm Springs, Calif., saying it was “part of a larger strategy of hers to turn Texas into California.” And all of the leading contenders want to allow Texans to carry handguns in holsters on their hips.

Four powerful state Republican officials have been locked in a tight race for lieutenant governor — a job that in Texas is no mere sinecure, but one with powers that rival the governor’s when it comes to controlling what comes out of the Legislature.

A month before the March 4 primary, the race is illustrating the increasing shift to the far right for Texas Republicans as the rivals — Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst (http://www.daviddewhurst.com/), who is seeking re-election; State Senator Dan Patrick of Houston (http://www.danpatrick.org/); Todd Staples (https://www.toddstaples.com/), the agriculture commissioner; and Jerry Patterson (http://votepatterson.com/), the land commissioner — try to appeal to the grass-roots and Tea Party conservatives who make up the bulk of the electorate in Republican primaries.

There has been much talk lately in national political circles about the demographic forces that might make Texas a competitive state for Democrats (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/13/us/politics/texas-democrats-energized-by-abortion-fight-face-hurdles-trying-to-turn-a-red-state-blue.html) by 2020. But the battle to win the state’s No. 2 seat shows that much of Texas remains, for now, neither blue nor even purple, but a deep shade of red.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/us/politics/texas-republicans-vying-for-lieutenant-governor-lean-heavily-right.html

poor TX, it's so fucked! :lol

boutons_deux
02-14-2014, 03:30 PM
racist gun fellator ignorant yahoo Nugent coming to TX to support Abbot in his misogynist War on Women

10 Misogynist Attacks From Ted Nugent, Greg Abbott's New Surrogate

Nugent To Campaign With Republican Greg Abbott

Dallas Morning News: Nugent And Abbott Will Make Two Appearances On February 18. Nugent, who sits on the National Rifle Association board of directors and serves as a spokesperson for Outdoor Channel,will campaign with Abbott, who is running for the Republican nomination for Texas governor. From a February 13 article:

Republican governor's candidate Greg Abbott will welcome the start of early voting with rocker Ted Nugent on Tuesday with joint appearances in Denton and Wichita Falls.
While Abbott has highlighted his affection for gun rights, it would be hard to match the red, hot passion that the conservative rocker has for weaponry.
[...]
According to an itinerary put out by the Texas Eagle Forum, Nugent will join Abbott in Denton at 11 am at El Guapo's and again at 2:45 pm at Wichita Falls' 8th Street Coffee House. [Dallas Morning News, 2/13/14 (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/greg-abbott-hitting-the-trail-with-gun-lover-hard-rocker-provocateur-ted-nugent.html/?nclick_check=1)]

Nugent Claims Close Relationship With Abbott. During an October 30, 2013, Google Hangout hosted by a Detroit radio station, Nugent said, "I work closely with Greg Abbot and Governor Perry in Texas." [94.7 WCSX, 11/7/13 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/07/ted-nugent-says-he-works-closely-with-ted-cruz/196782), via Media Matters]

Nugent Has A History Of Profane Attacks On Women

Nugent: "Worthless Bitch" Hillary Clinton Should Ride My Machine Gun Into The Sunset. During a 2007 concert infamous for Nugent's claim that "piece of shit" then-Senator Barack Obama should "suck on [his] machine gun," Nugent also called Hillary Clinton a "worthless bitch," told Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) to "suck on [his] machine gun," and called Sen. Dianne Feinstein a "worthless whore":

NUGENT: I was in Chicago last week. I was in Chicago and said, "Hey, Obama you might want to suck on one of these you punk." Obama, he's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun. Let's hear it for him. And then I was in New York. I said, "Hey, Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch. Since I'm in California, how about [Senator] Barbara Boxer [D-CA], she might want to suck on my machine gun. And [Senator] Dianne Feinstein [D-CA], ride one of these you worthless whore. Any questions? [Ted Nugent, 8/21/07, accessed 2/14/14 (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=757_1187963465), via LiveLeak.com]

Nugent On Then-First Lady Clinton: "You Probably Can't Use The Term 'Toxic ****' In Your Magazine, But That's What She Is." From a July 7, 1994 interview with Denver, Colorado publication Westword:

About Hillary Clinton: "You probably can't use the term `toxic ****' in your magazine, but that's what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country. This bitch is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro." [Westword, 7/27/94 (http://www.westword.com/1994-07-27/music/ted-s-world/)]

Nugent: Hillary Clinton Has "Scrotums." During a January 2014 appearance at a gun industry trade show, Nugent said, "Our politicians check their scrotum in at the door. Even Hillary, but obviously she has spare scrotums." [Guns.com, 1/17/14 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/21/outdoor-channels-ted-nugent-says-subhuman-mongr/197669), via Media Matters]

Nugent: "Fat Chicks" Will Kill You. During a March 2013 interview on 9-11 truther Pete Santilli's conspiracy radio show, Nugent compared the benefits of abstaining from drugs and alcohol to avoiding "fat chicks":

NUGENT: You see, I never poisoned my body. My parents taught me that my gift of life is embodied in the sacred temple. So no drugs, no alcohol, no tobacco and no fat chicks. Stuff will kill you, Pete, I'm telling you, it's deadly. [Media Matters, 3/22/13 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/22/nra-board-member-ted-nugent-compares-obama-to-a/193199)]

Nugent To Female CBS Producer: "I'll Fuck You, How's That Sound?" During a May 2012 outburst on CBS This Morning, Nugent made a lewd comment to an off-camera female producer while arguing his claim that he is "an extremely loving, passionate man" and "a damned nice guy." [CBS, CBS This Morning, 5/4/12 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/05/04/ted-nugents-moderate-voter-outreach-plan/185918), via Media Matters]

Nugent Album Cover Featured Nude, Bound Woman On A Platter With A Grenade In Her Mouth. The cover for Nugent's 2007 album "Love Grenade" -- which was subsequently replaced because of its offensiveness -- made the Houston Press' top ten list of "tasteless album covers":
http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2014/02/14/nugentlovegrenade.jpg
[Houston Press, 7/24/12 (http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/07/10_worst_ted_nugent_album_cove.php?page=2)]

Nugent At 2012 Concert: "All The Skinny Girls Get A Free Machine Gun Tonight. The Big Girls Can Load Them." According to The Dallas Morning News, Nugent made the remark while holding a replica machine gun at an August 2012 concert in Fort Worth, Texas. [Dallas Morning News, 8/26/12 (http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/music/headlines/20120826-5-wild-things-ted-nugent-said-including-anti-obama-rant-during-fort-worth-show.ece)]

Nugent: "What's A Feminist? Some Fat Pig Who Doesn't Get It Often Enough?" VH1's Behind the Music Remastered: Ted Nugent includes a video clip of Nugent saying that he thinks a feminist is "some fat pig who doesn't get it often enough." [VH1, Behind the Music Remastered: Ted Nugent, 1/30/12 (http://www.vh1.com/video/behind-the-music-remastered/full-episodes/behind-the-music-remastered-ted-nugent/1678118/playlist.jhtml)]

Nugent: Sarah Brady, Janet Reno Are "Dirty Whore[s]." In an undated performance of "Kiss My Glock," Nugent sings that both Sarah Brady, a leading gun violence prevention advocate, and former Attorney General Janet Reno are "dirty whore[s]." During the performance, Nugent's band also shot an arrow at a Nazi-flag-holding effigy of Reno, causing the effigy's pants to fall and reveal a giant phallus:

Nugent Calls Female Contestant On His Reality Show "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang." Nugent made the reference to his 1977 song "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" -- an ode to a "teenage queen" -- on the March 4, 2013 edition of his show Wanted: Ted or Alive:

[The Sportsman Channel, Wanted: Ted or Alive, 3/4/13 (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/05/four-crazy-moments-from-ted-nugents-wanted-ted/192921), via Media Matters]

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/02/14/10-misogynist-attacks-from-ted-nugent-greg-abbo/198061

EVAY
02-14-2014, 04:08 PM
That Dan Patrick guy is a real hoot on the ads. "I'll fight Obama's assault on Texas".. Wow!!! I never knew there was one, and I live here!! I bet he gets the nod for Lieutenant Governor. I may vote in the republican primary just to vote against him.