PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Eastern Conference Playoffs are going to suck this year

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 01:38 AM
It's a given that the Pacers and Heat will get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Unless a miracle happens, we are going to see two sweeps in the 2nd round. We could see shitty teams like the Bobcats, Raptors, Hawks, or Wizards go up against the Heat and Pacers in the 2nd round. We might only see 1 good series in the East and it will only happen if the Pacers and Heat meet in the ECF. The product that the NBA is putting out on the court is a joke.

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 01:40 AM
Lebron was born in the right time, he literally he almost 0 competition in todays league. It's like Floyd Mayweather minus having Pacquaio in the sport.

thunderup
01-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Our only hope is for a catastrophic injury to LeRoid to happen but as others have pointed out the HGH will almost certainly prevent that from occurring.

spurraider21
01-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Lebron was born in the right time, he literally he almost 0 competition in todays league. It's like Floyd Mayweather minus having Pacquaio in the sport.
same with shaq once David and Hakeem were crippled.

HI-FI
01-09-2014, 01:45 AM
is the EC playoffs ever as good though? i can think of a handful of series from the past decade that were worth watching. This year though looks to be the absolute nadir. Just skip til the EC Finals with Pacers vs Heat.

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 01:47 AM
same with shaq once David and Hakeem were crippled.

Yeah but the Lakers had enormous competition in the Western Conference those years they won during the 3peat and more so during the 08-10 run. Everythign was a fucking struggle in that stacked league. Lebron is playing high school level teams before he makes it to the ECF every year.

thunderup
01-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Yeah but the Lakers had enormous competition in the Western Conference those years they won during the 3peat and more so during the 08-10 run. Everythign was a fucking struggle in that stacked league. Lebron is playing high school level teams before he makes it to the ECF every year.
:lol I like how people just forget about the level of competition of the East in every corner of the internet. I wonder if this is how the Internet forums would be in the 90's with a real alpha like Jordan.

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Wichita State, or UConn would probably sweep the Raptors, Wizards, Hawks, Bobcats, in a best of 7 series. That's how bad the East is. Just complete shit.

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 01:54 AM
:lol I like how people just forget about the level of competition of the East in every corner of the internet. I wonder if this is how the Internet forums would be in the 90's with a real alpha like Jordan.

The average sports fan today is especially retarded...especially. People seriously think Floyd Mayweather has fought everybody and cleaned out the sport. That nigga ducked everybody

apalisoc_9
01-09-2014, 01:57 AM
Toronto is starting to click tbh..They're obviously not at the same level as Indiana but their roster is meant to give Indian problems tbh.

I think we'll see at least 3 existing series in the east..

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 02:02 AM
The Heat and Pacers will probably be the only teams in the East that win at least 45 games, CROFL. There will probably 8 to 10 teams in the West that win at least 45 games this year.

AchillesHeel
01-09-2014, 02:22 AM

Kirby's like Pac, Lebron(Floyd) managed to duck him when Kirby was somewhat still in his prime (08-10 Finals) and when Kirby became TOSB Lebron is now winning rings and has 0 competition coming out of the West

just good timing, imo.

irishock
01-09-2014, 02:26 AM
Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Wichita State, or UConn would probably sweep the Raptors, Wizards, Hawks, Bobcats, in a best of 7 series. That's how bad the East is. Just complete shit.

LOL No... NBA teams would kill college teams especially since they'd be motivated to beat a bunch of kids

Reck
01-09-2014, 02:50 AM
The East has been lackluster for the past 3 or so years.

Cant remember a good series that sticks out in recent memory.

spurraider21
01-09-2014, 03:14 AM
The East has been lackluster for the past 3 or so years.

Cant remember a good series that sticks out in recent memory.
Heat-Pacers have been good for 2 years in a row. Celtics were up 3-2 on the Heat in 2012 before LeBron's ridiculous games 6 and 7. Heat-Celtics in 2011 was good too. Bulls-Celtics in 2009 was one of the best playoff series in recent memory tbh.

HarlemHeat37
01-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Miami has a lot more difficulty against the East than they do against the West, tbh..Miami's record against the West the past 2 seasons is ridiculous:lol..

Everybody has already forgotten how the West only had 1 contender from 2008 to 2010:lol..Carmelo's Nuggets, the 2010 Suns and Aaron Brooks' Rockets were the Lakers' competition..

irishock
01-09-2014, 03:46 AM
True.. it's amazing how in 08 and 10, all 8 Western playoff teams had 50+ wins, and yet the Lakers were the clear favorites year in and year out.

whitemamba
01-09-2014, 03:54 AM

:lol tbh

mayweather might go down as the best boxer of all time, nigga is so fundemantally sound its sick, his defense is second to none, boxing is in slo mo for money mayweather..

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 04:25 AM
The best two series of the last 3 years have been the 2011 Finals and the 2013 Finals. Games 6 and 7 saved the 2013 Finals from being one of the worst Finals in NBA history. 2011 was awesome because my Mavs spanked Lebitch, STD T-Mobile whore, Raptor, and the Heat's ass.

Thebesteva
01-09-2014, 04:55 AM
:lol tbh

mayweather might go down as the best boxer of all time, nigga is so fundemantally sound its sick, his defense is second to none, boxing is in slo mo for money mayweather..

Most people dont know shit about boxing

UNCLE-DREW
01-09-2014, 05:30 AM
'East playoffs sucks' yet the winner will come from the East. The ECF alone is better then the West playoffs in total :downspin:

Rogue
01-09-2014, 09:31 AM
at least the eastern conference finals won't be a sweep, since the Heat and Pacers are almost evenly matched, 55-45 in slight favor of the Heat imho.

resistanze
01-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Miami has a lot more difficulty against the East than they do against the West, tbh..Miami's record against the West the past 2 seasons is ridiculous:lol..

Everybody has already forgotten how the West only had 1 contender from 2008 to 2010:lol..Carmelo's Nuggets, the 2010 Suns and Aaron Brooks' Rockets were the Lakers' competition..

:lol Truth nukes.

Miami against the West in 2012-13: 25-5
Miami against West in 2013-14: 11-2

This year the Heat and Pacers have better winning % against he West than the East. The East is fucking garbage, but the West just looks better in comparison. In truth, the Heat, Pacers, Spurs and Thunder (healthy) are the only real teams in the NBA :lol

Rogue
01-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Heat's ridiculous records against western teams the past seasons didn't have as much to do with their dominance as with the western teams' reluctance to go all out against them imho. Western teams always deal with tougher competition within their own conference than the eastern teams do, so it doesn't make much sense for western teams to fight that hard against a team that they know they ain't gonna face unless they end up coming out of the west. Matches against same-conference/division rivals are always the top priorities imho

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 02:49 PM
I love how people orgasm over the Heat's misleading record against the Heat. I want to see how Lebitch and them would do when they would be playing the teams in the West 3 or 4 times a season. I don't think their record would be that great.

hater
01-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Have to agree, Miami's toughest opponent is the Pacers. they make minced meat out of everyone else, it's not even close imo

hater
01-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Heat's ridiculous records against western teams the past seasons didn't have as much to do with their dominance as with the western teams' reluctance to go all out against them imho. Western teams always deal with tougher competition within their own conference than the eastern teams do, so it doesn't make much sense for western teams to fight that hard against a team that they know they ain't gonna face unless they end up coming out of the west. Matches against same-conference/division rivals are always the top priorities imho

same can be said about Miami. Last year Lebron less Heat put a wooping on the West and just few days ago Bosh led Heat raped them Blazers :lol

RD2191
01-09-2014, 03:01 PM
gfto, the east is fukin garbage, as of today the heat would play the powerhouse Charlotte bobcats and the winner of bulls/hawks:lmao

RD2191
01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
last year they played the bucks in the 1st and a roseless bulls team in the 2nd. the heat have a major advantage in the east, pretty much 2 first round byes, the west is different because any seed can get hot and knock a higher seed out. don't gimme this east bullshit. fuk the east. fukin cakewalk to the finals and the heat almost still lost. so fuk the heat too and all of their cock sucking fans, and that cock sucker lebron.

ElNono
01-09-2014, 03:10 PM
It isn't just the playoffs... some of those East team games are hard to watch... it's the Wiggins effect, IMO

RD2191
01-09-2014, 03:11 PM
and my statement may not make alot of sense but fuk it too

RD2191
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
The Spurs could start the damn bench and make it to the ECF.

jimbo
01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Does the West even have a single physical playoff team left?

Tbh playing in the west is like a pillow fight marathon.

RD2191
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Does the West even have a single physical playoff team left?

Tbh playing in the west is like a pillow fight marathon.

The Bucks and Bobcats are physical? LOL. And yes I'm aware of the Bobcats improved defense.

jimbo
01-09-2014, 03:35 PM
The Pacers alone are more physical than the entirety of the Western playoff teams.

When you're going against baby soft players like Curry and Harden, do you even get fatigued? Shit, Harden won't even touch you before he flops. Same with CP3.

RD2191
01-09-2014, 03:52 PM
The Pacers alone are more physical than the entirety of the Western playoff teams.

When you're going against baby soft players like Curry and Harden, do you even get fatigued? Shit, Harden won't even touch you before he flops. Same with CP3.
What does that have to do with my point? My point is by the time the Heat have gotten to the ECF they haven't even broken a sweat.

hater
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM

today's league favors the soft and weak game. that's why Pacers could pretty much lose to any top 3 teams in the West in a playoff series

jimbo
01-09-2014, 04:07 PM
What does that have to do with my point? My point is by the time the Heat have gotten to the ECF they haven't even broken a sweat.

They got stressed by the bulls and got the shit beat out of them by the Pacers tbh. Lebron realized he can't play PF against a big dude like David West. Battier got out muscled like hell. Bosh against Hibbert :lol. It's a different game than playing the jump shooting teams in the west.

today's league favors the soft and weak game. that's why Pacers could pretty much lose to any top 3 teams in the West in a playoff series

Well the Spurs > the Pacers matchup wise. But yeah, they've got a good shot to get knocked out by any of these small ball teams. Minimal effort, easy points tbh. The Spurs have the right combo of spacing and size to kill the Pacers.

hater
01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Well the Spurs > the Pacers matchup wise. But yeah, they've got a good shot to get knocked out by any of these small ball teams. Minimal effort, easy points tbh. The Spurs have the right combo of spacing and size to kill the Pacers.

have to disagree. Pacers frontcourt destroys the Spurs' so do their wing players. The only chance in hell Spurs would have vs. Pacers (or Heat for that matter) is for Parker to play at MVP level and for Kawhi to play at All-Star leverl.(and for Manu not to join the opponent) then and only then do the Spurs have a shot in hell. a long shot, but a shot in hell

jimbo
01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
have to disagree. Pacers frontcourt destroys the Spurs' so do their wing players. The only chance in hell Spurs would have vs. Pacers (or Heat for that matter) is for Parker to play at MVP level and for Kawhi to play at All-Star leverl.(and for Manu not to join the opponent) then and only then do the Spurs have a shot in hell. a long shot, but a shot in hell

I know I've got a lot more stock in Tiago than you do. He did pretty good vs them last year. This year his calf made him do squat, but this is finally a series in which he'd actually be useful.

As long as Parker plays well, there's a good shot at winning. If everyone was playing at finals level last year, I think it'd be a win.

dallasmaverickslose
01-09-2014, 05:13 PM
It's a given that the Pacers and Heat will get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Unless a miracle happens, we are going to see two sweeps in the 2nd round. We could see shitty teams like the Bobcats, Raptors, Hawks, or Wizards go up against the Heat and Pacers in the 2nd round. We might only see 1 good series in the East and it will only happen if the Pacers and Heat meet in the ECF. The product that the NBA is putting out on the court is a joke.

No shit.

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
The NBA does not care about the big man anymore. It's all about point guards, shooting guards, and small forwards. The NBA has basically said fuck you to power forwards and centers. Lulz NBA won't even let the fans vote for a "center" anymore for the all star game.

Arcadian
01-09-2014, 05:36 PM
"This year"?

...more like every year. Almost every year.

Jacob1983
01-09-2014, 05:42 PM
That's true but I really believe that the final standings in the Eastern Conference are going to be some of the worst in the history of the NBA. We might see a sub .500 team in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the East. The Craptors are probably going to win the Atlantic Division but only wind up with no more than 45 wins.

Budkin
01-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Our only hope is for a catastrophic injury to LeRoid to happen but as others have pointed out the HGH will almost certainly prevent that from occurring.

His jaw will win Finals MVP tbh.

Budkin
01-09-2014, 07:11 PM

tbh I honestly think that nerves and lack of experience playing and coaching in the Finals could put the Spurs over the Pacers if it came to that.

thunderup
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
If Indiana makes the finals. They won't beat the representative from the West. Miami matches up well with Western conference teams. Indiana doesn't.

Rogue
01-09-2014, 08:35 PM
That's another reason why I'm rooting for both NY teams (besides that NY is my 2nd hometown), hoping they'll climb up the standings and finish top 6 (so they won't face Miami or Pacers early on in the first round). Knicks and Nets are the only eastern teams that wouldn't get swept right away by Pacers or Miami imho.

Robz4000
01-09-2014, 08:46 PM
same can be said about Miami. Last year Lebron less Heat put a wooping on the West and just few days ago Bosh led Heat raped them Blazers :lol

Not hard to beat the guest team tbh. Sixers just did it as well.

Robz4000
01-09-2014, 08:49 PM

Spurs frontcourt was shitting on the Pacers in their game earlier this season before Splitter tore his vagina tbh. Their wings are definitely superior tho.