PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: WOJ dropping antimatter truth bombs on J.R Smith

lefty
01-10-2014, 02:40 AM
:lol

J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor – Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. – and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled suburban jump-shooter. :lol :lol :lol
And when Smith's benching ends with these Knicks, there will be no epiphanies. No revelations. Everyone knows how this story ends with him, how the money will dry up and how he'll wish he had done everything so differently in his career. It is sad and predictable and on a collision course with cliche.
Someday, Smith will make that call to room service – insisting upon more of everything – and there will be no one to answer. J.R. Smith is 28-years old, and it is too late to threaten and punish a spoiled, suburban kid. No trade, no epiphanies, no changes. The Knicks deserve J.R. Smith, and he'll belong to them until the bitter end.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-bench-j-r--smith--but-nba-s-clown-prince-will-be-back-soon-enough-055612473.html

Robz4000
01-10-2014, 02:45 AM
:lmao He went in HARD

spurraider21
01-10-2014, 02:47 AM
earlboykins360tomahawkdunkoverbillrussell.gif

Reck
01-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Sounds like someone is massively butthurt.

Jacob1983
01-10-2014, 02:51 AM
soft, spoiled suburban jump-shooter

lefty
01-10-2014, 02:54 AM
Sounds like someone is massively butthurt.
you?

ElNono
01-10-2014, 02:58 AM
damn, nailed to the tree of Woj

Reck
01-10-2014, 03:01 AM
you?

No.

Mori Chu
01-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Woj is always more than happy to scold a black NBA player who doesn't behave the way Woj thinks he should. Smith is an idiot though.

AchillesHeel
01-10-2014, 03:10 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Robin-Lopez-Suns-Bench-Shock-Reaction.gif

spurraider21
01-10-2014, 03:13 AM
Woj is always more than happy to scold a black NBA player who doesn't behave the way Woj thinks he should. Smith is an idiot though.
in before "the system" is out to get JR Smith

JohnnyMax
01-10-2014, 03:18 AM
the rest of the article is just as interesting as the suburbs part

IronMaxipad
01-10-2014, 03:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/x6IxI.gif

Venti Quattro
01-10-2014, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK62SBsGZH0

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2014, 03:51 AM
He'll also be dead before he's 40, thankfully

RsxPiimp
01-10-2014, 03:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK62SBsGZH0

Good ol days when the Lakers can actually beat the Nuggets :cry

whitemamba
01-10-2014, 04:02 AM
damn, he just shit all over him.

Juggity
01-10-2014, 04:03 AM
Damn, Woj went harder than Andre Bell's head through the front windshield.

irishock
01-10-2014, 04:45 AM
Wojo should stick to reporting

racm
01-10-2014, 05:05 AM

:rollin

Robz4000
01-10-2014, 05:33 AM

http://sportsgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Leron-James-Dunk-On-Jason-Terry-GIF.gif

benefactor
01-10-2014, 07:23 AM
:lol...damn.

Brazil
01-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Wojo bullying left and right :lol

ambchang
01-10-2014, 07:30 AM
What a sad human being.

I have always wondered who's the bigger cancer: JR Smith, Ricky Davis or JR Rider.

FYM
01-10-2014, 07:51 AM
What a sad human being.

I have always wondered who's the bigger cancer: JR Smith, Ricky Davis or JR Rider.

No love for Kobe on your list ? I'm baffled

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 07:57 AM
damn, nailed to the tree of Woj

Nice ...play on words.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 08:05 AM
No love for Kobe on your list ? I'm baffled

See, I'm trying to have a normal conversation, and you just keep badgering me about Kobe. It's unfortunate, really.

irishock
01-10-2014, 08:10 AM
The NBA still revolves around Kobe Bryant, even when he's out :lol

Venti Quattro
01-10-2014, 08:14 AM
The NBA still revolves around Kobe Bryant, even when he's out :lol
These are the things that we know.

UZER
01-10-2014, 08:19 AM
These are the things that we know.

Thanks Hubie

FYM
01-10-2014, 09:05 AM
See, I'm trying to have a normal conversation, and you just keep badgering me about Kobe. It's unfortunate, really.

take my comment positively, I was surprised you didn't mention kobe within a list of cancers which shows that you can speak about other stuff

DMC
01-10-2014, 09:09 AM
He'll also be dead before he's 40, thankfully

Peer pressure

DMC
01-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Good ol days when the Lakers can actually beat the Nuggets :cry

^find the immigrant mistakes above...

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 09:15 AM
take my comment positively, I was surprised you didn't mention kobe within a list of cancers which shows that you can speak about other stuff

amb is actually a quality poster ... which makes his inane trolling more disappointing.
The irony is he is the "Kobe" of the forum. A lot of talent, signs of greatness but there are those moments when he succumbs to baser instincts and instead of using that great talent and intellect for good ...would rather resort to antics that betray his own gifts. For amb, that is ignoring his keen basketball intellect to bash and troll, for Kobe it's ignoring his high hoops IQ to take hero shots a la JR smith whom Woj just went HAM on.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 09:20 AM

I wouldn't call Kobe a cancer, very good basketball player with some self-imposed limitations.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 09:21 AM
amb is actually a quality poster ... which makes his inane trolling more disappointing.
The irony is he is the "Kobe" of the forum. A lot of talent, signs of greatness but there are those moments when he succumbs to baser instincts and instead of using that great talent and intellect for good ...would rather resort to antics that betray his own gifts. For amb, that is ignoring his keen basketball intellect to bash and troll, for Kobe it's ignoring his high hoops IQ to take hero shots a la JR smith whom Woj just went HAM on.

I guess if that is the case, you should be my biggest fan.

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 09:45 AM
I guess if that is the case, you should be my biggest fan.

I am ... when you are not trolling.
For me pound for pound inch for inch you are up there with DPG ...I just dont see it enough.
I have enjoyed my back and forth with you DPG, El, Baseline, Harlem, Mid and lately DMC the most since I have been there.
Most have graduated from the Kobe thing ...except maybe DPG ...but he only dips "low" on occasion.
You wallow in the muck constantly. But your talent much like Kobe's often makes up for it.

FYM
01-10-2014, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't call Kobe a cancer, very good basketball player with some self-imposed limitations.

Except nobody wants to play with him anymore and his new contract is screwing Lakers chance to compete for a long period of time... not sure why you wouldn't call him a cancer...

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Except nobody wants to play with him anymore and his new contract is screwing Lakers chance to compete for a long period of time... not sure why you wouldn't call him a cancer...

I think he was saying by and large that those players contributed more to losing than winning for the vast majority of their careers. While despite his flaws Kobe does help his teams win.
Although I agree that by and large Kobe's contract makes little sense, we have not seen players that have not wanted to play with Kobe except the two biggest ones (shaq/Dwight). CP3 welcomed the trade to the Lakers before the veto for example. Maybe they just "put up with him" but to say no one wants to play with him is a bit of a exaggeration. In fact Pau, Odom and others have wanted desperately to stay ... I do think his leadership style is abrasive and given a choice MOst people would rather play with a quiet leader like Tim or a encouraging one like Lebron. It is why Fisher, Shaq fox and Odom have all played larger or equal to Leadership roles on Kobe led teams.

LnGrrrR
01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Hey Killa, forgot to answer this in the other thread, but I'm doing well. Kids are enjoying snow, hoping to make the next rank, etc etc. How bout you?

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Hey Killa, forgot to answer this in the other thread, but I'm doing well. Kids are enjoying snow, hoping to make the next rank, etc etc. How bout you?

Doing Ok switched companies (again) cant seem to find a permanent home but at least there is demand for my services ...but family is good.
Glad to hear your military career is going well ...thank you again for your service to our country.
Lottery should be interesting but if you guys get rondo back you may actually make the playoffs tbh ...
How do you like stevens? I only have seen you guys play once so far.
He was a fine college coach. Is he Rick Pitino part II or a truly great NBA coach? (potentially)

Oh and props on the Red Sox ...

LnGrrrR
01-10-2014, 10:30 AM
It was a lot of fun being a Sox fan here deep in the heart of Cardinals country. Got to go to Game 3 of the World Series, the last game the Sox lost this season... made up for not seeing the Bruins play the Hawks. And thanks for the props! Glad you managed to get a job at least in this economy.

Stevens is saying all the right things. Hard to judge him with this group of mostly castoffs. I think he's done as well as can be expected. I was reading about this the other day, and Pitino agreed to coach the C's with the expectation that he was going to coach Timmy. When that didn't work, I think he became pissy and completely undermined his own chances. At least he gave us an awesome quote.

As far as making the playoffs, Rondo might as well take his time. It's not like we're beating any top-tier teams, and we don't have a top 10 player, which you need to win a championship. I say tank and hope the lottery works out for us this time.

It will be interesting once Rondo gets back. I think he's always chafed a little under the Big 3, so how he responds to being "The Guy" will tell me whether Ainge is going to trade him or not.

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 10:53 AM
It was a lot of fun being a Sox fan here deep in the heart of Cardinals country. Got to go to Game 3 of the World Series, the last game the Sox lost this season... made up for not seeing the Bruins play the Hawks. And thanks for the props! Glad you managed to get a job at least in this economy.

Stevens is saying all the right things. Hard to judge him with this group of mostly castoffs. I think he's done as well as can be expected. I was reading about this the other day, and Pitino agreed to coach the C's with the expectation that he was going to coach Timmy. When that didn't work, I think he became pissy and completely undermined his own chances. At least he gave us an awesome quote.

As far as making the playoffs, Rondo might as well take his time. It's not like we're beating any top-tier teams, and we don't have a top 10 player, which you need to win a championship. I say tank and hope the lottery works out for us this time.

It will be interesting once Rondo gets back. I think he's always chafed a little under the Big 3, so how he responds to being "The Guy" will tell me whether Ainge is going to trade him or not.

Man if you guys got duncan with some smart moves Spurs are still at zero (pop too) and any hope of catching you at "17" would be tough. I dont know if Tim wins you guys the same "4" he has in SA , plus you subtract the "1" in 2008 but Im pretty sure if you had Pierce and timmy you at least win 2 or 3 if not more, titles. You guys also gave up on Chauncey too soon and Mercer was a horrid pick. Just a reminder that the lottery does not solve all ..you need luck and to make sure you dont ignore warning signs (off the court troubles, entourage and knee injuries etc.)

I bet that game was amazing despite the loss I hear it's a great venue for watching baseball.

ambchang
01-10-2014, 11:29 AM

At this point in his career, I would say Kobe is doing more harm than good to the Lakers from a winning perspective. However, over the course of his career, his contribution to winning for the Lakers organization was most definitely more positive than negative, especially during early in his career when he was focusing more on defense and picking his spots more on offense. It really wasn't until 2003 or so when he wanted to supplant Shaq that led to his poisonous attitude, but even then, his game made up for it.

Compared to guys like JR Smith, Ricky Davis and JR Rider, Kobe is a saint.

FYM
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I think he was saying by and large that those players contributed more to losing than winning for the vast majority of their careers. While despite his flaws Kobe does help his teams win.

this is exactly why I think the coatailing, the better without kobe stuff is just trolling. Kobe being one or two during championship years is a forum bb discussion, at the end he had a key role on 5 titles of the LA Lakers... history will tell later where dude ranks but he is having one hell of a career contributing vastly for 5 of the 16 Lakers rings.

Although I agree that by and large Kobe's contract makes little sense, we have not seen players that have not wanted to play with Kobe except the two biggest ones (shaq/Dwight). CP3 welcomed the trade to the Lakers before the veto for example. Maybe they just "put up with him" but to say no one wants to play with him is a bit of a exaggeration. In fact Pau, Odom and others have wanted desperately to stay ... I do think his leadership style is abrasive and given a choice MOst people would rather play with a quiet leader like Tim or a encouraging one like Lebron. It is why Fisher, Shaq fox and Odom have all played larger or equal to Leadership roles on Kobe led teams.

His contract is fucked up, no way to spin dat shit even for hardcore kobe fans. The "I don't want to play with Kobe" started with Howard and is obviously exagerated by the sum of DH12 being a whinny little bitch and Kobe wanting to show he is still the man...

ambchang
01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Man if you guys got duncan with some smart moves Spurs are still at zero (pop too) and any hope of catching you at "17" would be tough. I dont know if Tim wins you guys the same "4" he has in SA , plus you subtract the "1" in 2008 but Im pretty sure if you had Pierce and timmy you at least win 2 or 3 if not more, titles. You guys also gave up on Chauncey too soon and Mercer was a horrid pick. Just a reminder that the lottery does not solve all ..you need luck and to make sure you dont ignore warning signs (off the court troubles, entourage and knee injuries etc.)

I bet that game was amazing despite the loss I hear it's a great venue for watching baseball.

I am not sure Chauncey will be too successful in Boston. His game was perfectly used in Larry Brown's game plan, and he has largely proven to not be as effective in other systems.

Budkin
01-10-2014, 12:35 PM
:lol "gang banger"

SupremeGuy
01-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Damn, Woj went harder than Andre Bell's head through the front windshield.Came in here looking for a response like this, and got it. Thanks. :toast

:lmao

Dex
01-10-2014, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qKSn2LB.gif

hater
01-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Sure Woj is a white supermacist disguised as a reporter, but he's pretty much on point here. Except one thing, 28 is young. JR still got time to at least extend his life expectancy from 45 to 50

ace3g
01-10-2014, 03:38 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c4wcma5zceppng/ku-xlarge.png

http://deadspin.com/photo-evidence-that-j-r-smith-continues-to-give-no-fuc-1498807271

LnGrrrR
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Killa,

I've found that St Louis fans act like they're so magnanimous, but most are petty aholes. When the Cards went up, everyone was high-fiving, as expected. One of the guys was like, "Cmon, you gotta high five too!" I went with it, because I'm pretty low key. Then the Sox scored a few, and they went along with the hi-5's.

Then the Cards went back up on top! More high fives. Then the Sox tied it up again, and you could see they were starting to get nervous, and a little pissy. I stood up cheering, and pointed out the other Red Sox fans that were cheering (I was up front) and then somebody was like, "Sit down!"

They try to act all nice and midwesterny, but they are stuck on their "Best baseball fan" image, and it really made me happy to beat them AGAIN in the World Series.

Now I'm hoping the Bruins and Blues make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, so we can beat St Louis in another sport.

Killakobe81
01-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Killa,

I've found that St Louis fans act like they're so magnanimous, but most are petty aholes. When the Cards went up, everyone was high-fiving, as expected. One of the guys was like, "Cmon, you gotta high five too!" I went with it, because I'm pretty low key. Then the Sox scored a few, and they went along with the hi-5's.

Then the Cards went back up on top! More high fives. Then the Sox tied it up again, and you could see they were starting to get nervous, and a little pissy. I stood up cheering, and pointed out the other Red Sox fans that were cheering (I was up front) and then somebody was like, "Sit down!"

They try to act all nice and midwesterny, but they are stuck on their "Best baseball fan" image, and it really made me happy to beat them AGAIN in the World Series.

Now I'm hoping the Bruins and Blues make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, so we can beat St Louis in another sport.

good times.
I have seen the Lakers play in Memphis, Dallas, Houston, Seattle and Sacramento and SA I enjoy the back and forth.

CitizenDwayne
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM
It takes a real man to attack JR at this particular point in his career. Congrats, Woj.

baseline bum
01-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Remember when everyone upstairs was pissed that Stern went Basketball Reasons on the Brent Barry - JR Smith deadline deal with New Orleans?

Arcadian
01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Jesus. It's like JR Smith raped this guy's mom and then slit her throat in front of him...and then raped his dad and converted him to gay.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 10:02 PM
It takes a real man to attack JR at this particular point in his career. Congrats, Woj.

Nah, it takes a real man to ride in a car with him.

lefty
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM
no it takes an idiot to ride in a car with him

CitizenDwayne
01-10-2014, 10:06 PM

:lol