PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jones Done In Miami?

Solid D
08-01-2005, 02:21 PM
J-Will and Posey for EJ? What gives?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36849/20050801/jones_done_in_miami

(Eddie) Jones Done In Miami?

1st August, 2005 - 7:11 am
Miami Herald - Not satisfied with the makeup of a team that was one game from the NBA Finals, Heat president Pat Riley is considering making significant moves that could include trading swingman Eddie Jones and acquiring Memphis point guard Jason Williams, according to several NBA sources.

Among the moves being considered is a trade that would send Jones to Memphis and bring Williams and small forward James Posey to Miami.

Williams played three years with the Sacramento Kings and four with the Grizzlies, earning a reputation as a talented but troubled player. The Grizzlies have been trying to move him all offseason. However, Williams is among the best passers in the league, can run both a fast break and halfcourt offense and is a three-point threat.

Posey is a quality defender with a versatile offensive game, but he spent much of last season battling nagging foot injuries that limited him to 50 games.

Jones was the Heat's third-leading scorer last season and best perimeter defender, proving his worth during last year's run to the Eastern Conference finals. But trade rumors have surrounded the 11-year veteran since his first year in Miami.

timvp
08-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Hopefully this goes down. Parker owns Williams and Jones was their best +/- player in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Nikos
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
I don't want Miami to get Posey. If he isn't injured like last season he is a VERY productive small forward. Actually he was one of the better SF's in the league in 2003-04.

If everyone is healthy a lineup of Shaq Haslem Posey Wade Williams can be deadly.

Solid D
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Youth for age.

tlongII
08-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I've heard that Memphis is signing Stoudamire so this would not surprise me.

3rdCoast
08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I have talked to my sources and this is going to happen.

Only a few minor details must be worked out, but it will go down.

Miami is doing this because Shaq want's a better passer.

Remember, he has not always been the biggest fan of Eddie Jones.

Miami has just upgraded.

BronxCowboy
08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I have talked to my sources and this is going to happen.

Only a few minor details must be worked out, but it will go down.

Miami is doing this because Shaq want's a better passer.

Remember, he has not always been the biggest fan of Eddie Jones.

Miami has just upgraded.

:lmao Classic. Now you have inside information. :rolleyes

picnroll
08-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Hotdog Williams, when he's not jacking up low percentage shots, throwing bad passes and resting on D, likes to run. How is Shaq going to get his fat butt up and down the court with White Choclate?.

1Parker1
08-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Dumb trade. Eddie Jones was the Heat's best defender, and was one of their shooting threats. Why do the Heat feel like they need to trade for a PG? While Damon Jones isn't a Top 10 PG....neither is Jason Williams. At least with Damon, you'll get some 3 pt shooting. Heat is crazy. Why would they want to make such a huge, significant change when they were one game and one injury away from making it to the NBA Finals?

Solid D
08-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Why would they want to make such a huge, significant change when they were one game and one injury away from making it to the NBA Finals?

Actually, the Heat were a few feeds in the post to Shaq, in the last minute, from making it to the NBA Finals.

BronxCowboy
08-01-2005, 03:52 PM
James Posey ain't bad though. It's not like he's a throw-in scrub. But Williams may be a "subtraction by addition."

1Parker1
08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Actually, the Heat were a few feeds in the post to Shaq, in the last minute, from making it to the NBA Finals.

Well. Knowing Shaq, he prolly would have been fouled and gone to the FT and missed.

Nikos
08-01-2005, 04:00 PM
James Posey ain't bad though. It's not like he's a throw-in scrub. But Williams may be a "subtraction by addition."

That is the kicker. If Posey plays like he did two seasons ago, the Heat are going to improve as a team. Posey was one of the better SF's in 2003-04, and injuries kept him from a solid 2004-05 campaign.

BronxCowboy
08-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Won't it be nice if the Heat add Williams AND Antoine Walker?

Joesteds
08-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Wow I am disagreeing with some on here, I think this will be a great trade for Miami. Jason Williams running aside D-Wade and Posey, who is a younger and better athlete. Slow it down and go inside. That will be a good starting line-up right there. They need to get Mourning back and Simien and add a guard as a backup and they will be a very very good team.

samikeyp
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Jason Williams running aside D-Wade and Posey, who is a younger and better athlete

makes for fun watching during January against the Clippers but in big games, Chocolate Blanco has a tendency to put the ball into the first row.

Joesteds
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Agreed but I dont think he is a downgrade from Damon Jones

picnroll
08-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Damon Jones spread the floor effectively with good three point shooting. Teams will be inviting Mr Chocolate to shoot. Can't wait to see the look on Shaq's face when JWill launches a 32 foot three with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

3rdCoast
08-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Well. Knowing Shaq, he prolly would have been fouled and gone to the FT and missed.

Right.

Like he always does in the clutch.

We are talking about Shaq not Duncan in the 4th.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Man what is in the GM water this off-season?

Phoenix and Miami apparently have made it a mission to get worse, not better. This off-season is going about as well as planned for the Spurs...

Phoenix and Miami getting weaker with dumb trades. Pistons get rid of the glue (Brown) holding it all together, bring in a weaker coach in Flip. Lakers in perpetual suckage.

So far the best I can tell is Houston, Indiana, and Cleveland seem to be the only ones with their eye on the black and silver bullseye.

Medvedenko
08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Once again Shaq's getting rid of Eddie...just like when they were both Lakers and eddie chocked cum playoffs....next thing you know it...he's gone. Shaq the GM....I like it...just like his proposed 125 million for 5 year deal...nuff said.

boutons
08-01-2005, 06:10 PM
That fucking bastard Eddie Jones elbowed Manu in the kidneys, I think it was the game @SBC, put Manu face down to the hardwood under the basket. The kind of hit that can make you piss blood. Manu got up slowly, grimacing, holding his back, and kept on playing. It's the kind of hit I don't forget, ever.

T Park
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Houston is the only one I see contending now against the Spurs.

Indiana's pg situation will be their big weakness, along with backcourt depth.

Keep making the road to the championship easier and easier guys.....

ChumpDumper
08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Indiana's pg situation will be their big weakness, along with backcourt depth.Didn't they pick up Saras?

MI21
08-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Posey is an athletic 3 who can shoot and defend when he is healthy. If he stays healthy, I don't see what there is not to like from a Miami standpoint.

dunkman
08-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Miami shouldn't trade Eddie, because he anchors their defense on the perimeter. They may really need him against players like LeBron, Rip, RJ, Vince Carter in the playoffs or Manu, Anthony in the finals.

dunkman
08-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Once again Shaq's getting rid of Eddie...just like when they were both Lakers and eddie chocked cum playoffs....next thing you know it...he's gone. Shaq the GM....I like it...just like his proposed 125 million for 5 year deal...nuff said.
Eddie was friends with Kobe, and Shaq hated him, but I think he was traded because Rambis thought that he needed a great shooter to take advantage of Shaq's presence in the paint.

West was completely against because Cambell and Jones ware the Lakers defensive stoppers, but Buss pulled the trigger. They got Rice and JR Reid who ware on their last legs. Rice wasnt even a good fit. The Hornets improved inmediately with the trade.

Rambis replaced Cambpell with Rodman (who signed in the middle of the season as FA) at PF and Jones with Kobe at SG, it gave them great results, but Rodman went crazy and abandoned the team due to some gamble urges...

Joesteds
08-02-2005, 08:19 AM
I still just don't see how the trade of an aging, defensive slasher in Eddie Jones that is waaaaaaay overpaid is a bad move to bring in a PG that can be out of control but can shoot the ball and deliver the ball and a SF that is athletic, shoot a little bit, and still D up. I guess I must be missing something. An they are not gonna suck no matter who you put around them. I bet half the people on here had never heard of Damon Jones or Keyon Dooling or Rasual Butler before they joined Shaq and Wade. Those guys automatically make you a top 3 team in the East.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-02-2005, 10:20 AM
If this were to happen it would be awfully one sided for the Heat. Jones is getting long in the tooth and is a career playoff no-show. In exchange the Heat would get a good PG and in Posey an athletic swingman who can guard just as well as Jones can. Granted J-Will and Posey are known to have ego issues, and White Chocolate can be out of control on the court, but if Pat Riley is going to take over the coaching duties I think he can straighten out these two. Besides, I think both of them are probably at a point in their careers where they can probably wake up and smell the fact that if they get their shit together they could win a ring with this team.