PDA

View Full Version : Wasteful spending in your life

Jacob1983
01-10-2014, 03:58 AM
Do you do it? Do you blow yo hard earned money on shit you don't need? One of my resolutions for 2014 is stop or reduce wasteful spending. This shit adds up when you think about it. Just think of all the burgers, sodas, beer, donuts, movies, video games, etc... you have bought in your lifetime. You would have a lot more money if you just cut back. I know I'm guilty as hell on this. When I get done from my wonderful job, I am usually drained of energy and I'm too damn lazy to make a PBJ sandwich or eat some soup so I will stop by Burger King and order a delicious Texas double whopper or go to Jack in the Crack and get an ultimate cheeseburger. I'm also guilty of stopping at QT or Race Trac when I put gas in a car and run inside to get a hot dog or some other processed shit on the grill along with a sugar filled soda. I sometimes buy a hotdog and drink at Target for my lunch as well getting a pizza at Pizza Hut or Mr. Jims. This shit adds up. And going to the movie theater too is another thing. Lately, I've been pretty good with cutting back on trips to the movie theater. I might go once a month but that's mainly because I can't get anybody to go with me or don't have a car to drive or there is family drama. Anyways, I did some math and calculated that I wasted around 821.73 dollars on just drive thru shit in 2013. 821 dollars is a lot of money to me. I want to say my destructive path of wasteful spending has been going on since I got out of high school in 2002 but it probably started to get a lot worse once I signed my soul to Satan and started working for the Umbrella Corporation back in 2008. If you added in the times I bought a hotdog and a soda at both Target and a gas station. that 821.73 would probably inflate to at least 1000 dollars. And let's times that by 5 and that's like 5000 dollars. Damn, I could have used that money to buy a decent car or pay off some of student loans that I have with the underworld.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2014, 04:23 AM
fck u paragraphs faggot

Reck
01-10-2014, 04:38 AM
fck u paragraphs faggot

:lmao

Anyway, going by the title and your first sentence, I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't want to change the way I do things. I'm into electronics so I'm always buying cool stuff.

apalisoc_9
01-10-2014, 04:42 AM
I have 8 pair of boots....I think I spend way too much on clothings.

Thread
01-10-2014, 05:17 AM
The eternal hunt for soft Tootsie Roll Midgees. I love to locate them in the candy isle and then feel them thru that plastic bag. Nothing worse than when they're hard and unforgiving. So sweet when I pinch though and they're plump & soft. Afterward I'm alone in my car with the bag and with both hands I pull until it surrenders to my insistence. Yes, that's the best moment. I put my snout into the wide opening and inhale deeply. The scent isn't chocolate, or, even candyish...it's a smell that is like no other.

My God.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Do you do it? Do you blow yo hard earned money on shit you don't need? One of my resolutions for 2014 is stop or reduce wasteful spending. This shit adds up when you think about it. Just think of all the burgers, sodas, beer, donuts, movies, video games, etc... you have bought in your lifetime. You would have a lot more money if you just cut back. I know I'm guilty as hell on this. When I get done from my wonderful job, I am usually drained of energy and I'm too damn lazy to make a PBJ sandwich or eat some soup so I will stop by Burger King and order a delicious Texas double whopper or go to Jack in the Crack and get an ultimate cheeseburger. I'm also guilty of stopping at QT or Race Trac when I put gas in a car and run inside to get a hot dog or some other processed shit on the grill along with a sugar filled soda. I sometimes buy a hotdog and drink at Target for my lunch as well getting a pizza at Pizza Hut or Mr. Jims. This shit adds up. And going to the movie theater too is another thing. Lately, I've been pretty good with cutting back on trips to the movie theater. I might go once a month but that's mainly because I can't get anybody to go with me or don't have a car to drive or there is family drama. Anyways, I did some math and calculated that I wasted around 821.73 dollars on just drive thru shit in 2013. 821 dollars is a lot of money to me. I want to say my destructive path of wasteful spending has been going on since I got out of high school in 2002 but it probably started to get a lot worse once I signed my soul to Satan and started working for the Umbrella Corporation back in 2008. If you added in the times I bought a hotdog and a soda at both Target and a gas station. that 821.73 would probably inflate to at least 1000 dollars. And let's times that by 5 and that's like 5000 dollars. Damn, I could have used that money to buy a decent car or pay off some of student loans that I have with the underworld.

there are a few hookers at the Bunny Ranch I want to see. So I will do more tricking this year...

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 08:41 AM
there are a few hookers at the Bunny Ranch I want to see. So I will do more tricking this year...

You going to go ask them for BJ advice?

Rogue
01-10-2014, 08:44 AM
a dollar saved is a dollar earned imho. thrift is a great revenue and you'll surprise yourself to find how much money you're gonna save by living frugally tbh.

Rogue
01-10-2014, 08:49 AM
you'll find that you won't even need a shitty treadmill job, just go back to school and stop wasting any more money on useless shits. I once tried living a lavish life (at least by my standard it was) for several months, during which time I blew 1000+ chinese yuan until I realized how lame it was and quit that life style abruptly. You might have wasted some money in the past but it's never too late to fix what's wrong imho, and it seems to me that none of the things you've done is as bad as paying a bitch $250 just for a handjob tbh.

benefactor
01-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Beer is not a waste of money tbh.

leemajors
01-10-2014, 09:58 AM

:tu

Leetonidas
01-10-2014, 10:18 AM
68 bucks a month on food/whatever really is not that much tbh, be glad you don't have a gf then. It seems like wasteful spending isn't as much of a problem for you as eating unhealthy shit is. Stop eating burgers, fries, hot dogs, and soda for every meal and go take those 70 bucks and buy yourself an eighth every two weeks instead. Maybe it'll help your depressed ass

Leetonidas
01-10-2014, 10:20 AM
The eternal hunt for soft Tootsie Roll Midgees. I love to locate them in the candy isle and then feel them thru that plastic bag. Nothing worse than when they're hard and unforgiving. So sweet when I pinch though and they're plump & soft. Afterward I'm alone in my car with the bag and with both hands I pull until it surrenders to my insistence. Yes, that's the best moment. I put my snout into the wide opening and inhale deeply. The scent isn't chocolate, or, even candyish...it's a smell that is like no other.

My God.

I just got a boner

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I got married. That shit costs me thousands every month.

Thread
01-10-2014, 10:37 AM
^tee, hee.

DJR210
01-10-2014, 11:34 AM

This. Weed is also a sound investment. Texas just hasn't recognized it as medicine yet.

mrsmaalox
01-10-2014, 12:02 PM

:lol

Lincoln
01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
You go to Allen 16 or movies 14?

Allen is fuckin expensive but 14 is a huge shit hole

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:51 PM
i used to spend way too much money on weed and booze

mrsmaalox
01-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Jacob, what Target do you work at? My kid works at Target and his experience is pretty different. They have food catered in the breakroom every day; yea it might be Domino's, Chik-fil-a, Taco Cabana or just their own deli sandwiches, but the employees eat free. Top producing dept of the month gets taken out to dinner. Hell my kid gets a handwritten thank you note from the manager every month for perfect attendance! I've never known a place that sends personal thank you notes for fulfilling your job requirements :lol

200 miles
01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
You go to Allen 16 or movies 14?

Allen is fuckin expensive but 14 is a huge shit hole

How much is it at Allen 16?

Lincoln
01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
How much is it at Allen 16?

Like 10.50 or some shit. I guess most theaters are reaching that price now but it was one of the more expensive ones around.

Movies 14 is like 5.50 I think but it is ghetto as fuck

The Reckoning
01-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Jacob, what Target do you work at? My kid works at Target and his experience is pretty different. They have food catered in the breakroom every day; yea it might be Domino's, Chik-fil-a, Taco Cabana or just their own deli sandwiches, but the employees eat free. Top producing dept of the month gets taken out to dinner. Hell my kid gets a handwritten thank you note from the manager every month for perfect attendance! I've never known a place that sends personal thank you notes for fulfilling your job requirements :lol

jacob obviously doesn't work at target. as i said before, i have a friend who works there and his next pay grade is six figures. granted he does work a ton of hours.

The Reckoning
01-10-2014, 04:05 PM
as for me, i need to stop smoking cigs in australia. they're 18-20 bucks a pack.

Koolaid_Man
01-10-2014, 04:22 PM

probably not as much as all that charred spare rib is costing your business

CosmicCowboy
01-10-2014, 04:34 PM
probably not as much as all that charred spare rib is costing your business

That doesn't even make sense.

Wild Cobra
01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
I was on a rather long kick some years back of blowing as much money than I paid in taxes. It was fun being reckless with almost $2k/month.

Rogue
01-10-2014, 08:14 PM
There's a bitter and a delicions end of every cake imho. Even within the same work place (like the one where I used to work), there're occupations that are mainly leisurely while others are fiddly treadmills. Everyone doing the same work as I did complained about their jobs so I knew I wasn't just being a prick or shit myself, and I believe Jacob is pretty much in a similar situation as the one where I used to be.

DMC
01-10-2014, 09:17 PM
You never count the costs, because life is always a bust eventually.

mrsmaalox
01-10-2014, 09:27 PM
There's a bitter and a delicions end of every cake imho. Even within the same work place (like the one where I used to work), there're occupations that are mainly leisurely while others are fiddly treadmills. Everyone doing the same work as I did complained about their jobs so I knew I wasn't just being a prick or shit myself, and I believe Jacob is pretty much in a similar situation as the one where I used to be.

Well sure. The "mainly leisurely" stuff is why my kid is there :lol They pay him to stand around! He adjusts the CDs and dvds. Maybe sells a tv or some video games. Real low stress.

Jacob1983
01-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Lincoln, you're right about the McKinney Cinemark 14. It's cheap as hell but very ghetto. The floors are always sticky and there is no stadium seating. If I'm going by myself, I go to the McKinney one. 3.50 for matinee is a steal and 5.50 for a night time showing ain't bad. The Cinemark locations in Allen and Plano at Legacy are way superior but way too much. Legacy usually gets foreign and indie films and has the XD screen.

200 miles
01-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Lincoln, you're right about the McKinney Cinemark 14. It's cheap as hell but very ghetto. The floors are always sticky and there is no stadium seating. If I'm going by myself, I go to the McKinney one. 3.50 for matinee is a steal and 5.50 for a night time showing ain't bad. The Cinemark locations in Allen and Plano at Legacy are way superior but way too much. Legacy usually gets foreign and indie films and has the XD screen.

That McKinney theater you described kind of reminds of the AMC/united artists theater at Eastchase in Fort Worth. I had the displeasure of going to see Die Hard 5 (which I knew was going to be crap but I foolish went anyway) and the theater was pitch black at about 5 minutes before showtime, not to mention I was one of only a few people (most of them were middle-aged men who all looked creepy) who were going to see that flop.

Jacob1983
01-11-2014, 01:34 AM
If you want to go see a movie for one of the cheapest prices in Texas and probably America, it's the theater for you. I'm honestly surprised it's still so cheap. It costs more for a matinee at the Allen one or the one at Legacy than it does at a night time showing at the McKinney one. The most expensive ticket is for a 3D showing after 6pm which would make it 8.50.

Venti Quattro
01-11-2014, 01:53 AM
I earn handsomely but I'm pretty tight when it comes to money, imo. I try to think and justify the things I'm about to spend on. The only time I broke the bank without the best rationale is when I bought my two previous Mac Pro's. Got them pimped out to have the 12 cores and max specs.

Jacob1983
01-11-2014, 03:26 AM
When you want something, it's very hard to resist getting it. It's a flaw of humanity. I usually have guilt on big purchases. I would say my ghetto prepaid flip phone is probably the best thing I've bought in years when it comes to saving money. I was wasting around 83 dollars a month from shitty Sprint on a piece of shit HTC phone that didn't even work properly half of the time and add in the fact that the service was a joke, it was a great purchase. I am only spending 35 dollars a month on my cell phone bill. Yeah, I can't do apps, record video, watch videos, or take pics but that shit is overrated in my opinion. Is being able to get on Facebook or a taking a pic of yourself at the mall really worth it when it comes to a device that is designed so you can make calls and send text messages?

Lincoln
01-11-2014, 10:28 AM
If you want to go see a movie for one of the cheapest prices in Texas and probably America, it's the theater for you. I'm honestly surprised it's still so cheap. It costs more for a matinee at the Allen one or the one at Legacy than it does at a night time showing at the McKinney one. The most expensive ticket is for a 3D showing after 6pm which would make it 8.50.

check out Cinemark movies 10 in plano off coit and....park I think?

tickets are like 2.50 or 3.50 for night IIRC but they only play older movies that were in theatres a few months ago. not bad, ive actually grown to like it. That place is packed though on weekend nights. its a great deal if youre looking to watch an older movie but still have a theatre experience at a great price. Me and my girl went there to watch Monsters U (crofl) in 3d and it was only like 8.50 or so for 2 tickets. Their small popcorn is more expensive than the ticket

SnakeBoy
01-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Far better to increase your income than to try and save your pennies. Open a paper trading account on ameritrade or one of the others that offer them. Practice turning $500 into thousands. When you figure out a strategy that works for you, time for the real thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-11-2014, 03:38 PM
:lol we're getting trolled, no way the OP is serious about a few hot dogs at the corner store and a few thousand bucks in fast food meals over a 5 year period being excessively wasteful spending.

Das Texan
01-11-2014, 06:42 PM

you may be the most emo bitch on this message board and thats saying a lot, tbh.

Jacob1983
01-12-2014, 02:04 AM
I can show my bank statement if you want proof. I am no troll. I just think it's funny how on this board, anyone else can vent about their problems and it's okay. However, if I do then I'm considered a troll or an emo bitch. Whatever, I'm use to it anyways. Ive been walked over my whole life. Arrogant, selfish, heartless, posters on a message board will not defeat me in life.

Rogue
01-12-2014, 06:23 AM
I'm 100% sure you're not trolling bro, and I have total sympathy and empathy for you because I used to be stuck in a similar situation as the one you're struggling with. There're many trolls and merciless people on spurstalk who make fun of other people's sufferings but I've seen many good posters as well responding to your threads & giving you honest advice. But if you started thread after thread complaining/talking about the same thing, with always the same old topic, then people would naturally think it as a shtick imho (just like my affection for Goddess, which is indeed 100% genuine but has been considered a shtick by many posters because I've talked TOO much about it)