PDA

View Full Version : Ken Berger of CBS is reporting Spurs aggressively looking to make trade

Pages : [1] 2 3

bklynspursfan
01-10-2014, 12:43 PM
We've been predicting the Spurs (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/SA/san-antonio-spurs)' last hurrah for years, but this time it might really be the end of the road. The Spurs have been unusually aggressive trying to upgrade their roster in the trade market, a signal to rival execs that Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford realize this might be the final shot at a title with the triumvirate of Tim Duncan (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/6552/tim-duncan), Tony Parker (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/240304/tony-parker) and Manu Ginobili (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/139066/manu-ginobili). Duncan, 37, has a $10.4 million player option for next season, and Parker's future also has to be addressed; only $3.5 million of his $12.5 million for next season is guaranteed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24404552/trade-buzz-rockets-were-intrigued-by-d-will-but-no-more (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24404552/trade-buzz-rockets-were-intrigued-by-d-will-but-no-more)

bklynspursfan
01-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Twitter folks (speculating of course) that Thad Young wants out in Philly and he and Timmy have the same agent.

SpursFan86
01-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Doesn't Thaddeus Young want to go to a contender, too?

I'm not going to get any hopes up. Seems these stories never pan out, so yeah. We'll see how things go.

edit: I will say this...Parker/Green/Leonard/Young/Duncan lineup would be fantastic. Have Splitter come off the bench as full-time backup C. I don't know who we'd give up for Thaddeus though.

benefactor
01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Don't really see a scenario where the money would work for Young.

Skull-1
01-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Lol at Pop and RC trolling Spursfan.

bklynspursfan
01-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Don't really see a scenario where the money would work for Young.

Someone put this up on twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdop77sCAAEXhhg.jpg:large

Kyuui-Musikq
01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Someone put this up on twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdop77sCAAEXhhg.jpg:large

I like this, but undoubtedly we'd have to give up some picks as well

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Following an Instagram poster that posts lots of Spurs news and whatnot and he uploaded a word picture stating:

Rumors are flying around that Diaw, Bonner or de Colo and a future pick is being discussed for Thad Young from Philly. More details when they arrive.

RD2191
01-10-2014, 01:02 PM
No way, man, I don't wanna give up Diaw. Fuck that.

Ditty
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Any trade involving Matt Bonner and two of De Colo,Ayers,Joseph or Baynes works with a possible first round pick. If Young is one of the talents the Spurs are looking at, I haven't seen enough of him to see if he will fit in or not. His size looks like a perfect small ball four from it looks like.

Skull-1
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM

This.

phxspurfan
01-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Thaddeus our savior! Monkeyball time

I. Hustle
If it's Bonner Or DeColo then good bye DeColo.

With all the teams that are looking for point guards though...

Patty
CoJo
DeColo

we can lose one.

benefactor
They Spurs aren't trading Diaw. They only scenario I could see working would be to trade Green and add a pick. Even then, they would have to move Leonard to the 2 and start Young at the 3...because Young is too good to bring off the bench.

Chinook
That would be a bad deal for the Spurs. Diaw is better for the team than Young would be. However, replacing him with Baynes still would make the numbers work. A pick or two and/or some players' rights can make a deal happen.

Not a big fan of Thad on this team, though. Just saying it's possible.

phxspurfan
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Btw we're fine w/o Thaddeus. We need a backup for Kawhi but should only trade guys like Ayers, Bonner, Joseph, De Colo and picks to get him. After all, he will be a backup.

Diaw is our best LeBron defender.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Update from the page:

Sources also indicate San Antonio have contacted Indiana about the possibility of pursuing Danny Granger

:lmao "sources" - but SA have indicated interest in Granger before

Brunodf
01-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Diaw +pick? I am not buying this

phxspurfan
Granger would be a great fit. #pipedream

Corner 3, long wing defender, small ball 4...

benefactor
:lol Granger...they would have to gut the roster to make the money work. Who are the dumbasses writing all of this stuff?

phxspurfan
01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
We should go after MWP

will_spurs
I really don't see Diaw being traded. But the Spurs have other pieces if it's only a salary issue.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
:lol Granger...they would have to gut the roster to make the money work. Who are the dumbasses writing all of this stuff?

Assuming it's for the same players as Thad, it could essentially work.. but it would be a fucking retarded trade.

NASpurs
01-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Funny how both teams mentioned here (Sixers and Pacers) are teams with some kind of connection to the Spurs. Anyway, do it Mitch.

I. Hustle
Update from the page:

:lmao "sources" - but SA have indicated interest in Granger before

I would be all in for Granger. How many cats would we have to give up? Because if I have to give up my cats to get him then I would prefer to never win another championship again.

Chinook
They Spurs aren't trading Diaw. They only scenario I could see working would be to trade Green and add a pick. Even then, they would have to move Leonard to the 2 and start Young at the 3...because Young is too good to bring off the bench.

I think Young would start at the four and Splitter would move to the bench. The good thing about him is that he'll be fine in small ball. But I don't think he'd have a role big enough to justify his contract. The Spurs probablt aren't looking to trade at all, and if they are, it's just to move De Colo or Baynes.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:10 PM
I would be all in for Granger. How many cats would we have to give up? Because if I have to give up my cats to get him then I would prefer to never win another championship again.

Never in my life have I seen so many failed attempts after failed attempts. "Maybe if I beat the dead horse (or cat) it will somehow make it funnier"

phxspurfan
01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
The Spurs probablt aren't looking to trade at all, and if they are, it's just to move Baynes, Bonner, De Colo or Joseph.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Not Cory. He has a good chance to take Mills' spot soon. Not Bonner either. They'll move him to get something, but not just for the hell of it. He still has value to the team in his limited role

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Never in my life have I seen so many failed attempts after failed attempts. "Maybe if I beat the dead horse (or cat) it will somehow make it funnier"

Never in my life have I seen someone who was being made fun of think the jokes about them are funny. Also, don't you ever speak about beating a cat in my presence. Dead or otherwise.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Never in my life have I seen someone who was being made fun of think the jokes about them are funny. Also, don't you ever speak about beating a cat in my presence. Dead or otherwise.

You might want to get outside a bit more, brother.

Bruno
01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
NEW CBA rules that allow teams to take up to 150%+100k in salary during trades, and Spurs being $7.3M below the tax, open some possibility for them.

For example, Bonner + De Colo + Baynes can bring back a player with a $9.4M salary while the other team only get expiring contracts. Spurs could add their 2014 first round pick if the player deserves it.

I'm just pointing that Spurs have some margin to do trades. With a similar but slightly better package, Cavs got Deng.

SpursFan86
01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Not sure how I'd feel about giving up Diaw. He's been great for us this year. Perfect for our system...bigs that can pass like him are rare.

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
You might want to get outside a bit more, brother.

Is it still cold out? My brother.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Another interesting piece that's on the trade block is Greg Monroe.

monkeypunk
01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
The Spurs would be foolish to part with Diaw, his arrival put us back in the legitimate contender category and his value is far greater than his stats show, if nothing else but from a chemistry perspective.

If Beli could play D, Green would be a viable trade asset but as of now, I wouldn't part with him either.

As Ditty stated, any combo of Matt Bonner and two of De Colo, Ayers, Joseph or Baynesy would be fine. I don't see Pop giving up on Ayers so quickly but if it's a slam dunk trade, who knows?

td4mvp21
01-10-2014, 01:19 PM
I'd be pissed if they gave up Diaw.

rayray2k8
01-10-2014, 01:20 PM
The spurs have never made a trade if the media speculates on it.. Only time they actually do make a trade is out of the blue, so nothings gonna happen.. Just the way its been since... Forever.

benefactor
01-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Calm down. They are not trading Diaw. Screwing up the chemistry and pissing off Parker is not the way to improve via trade.

eDizzle20
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Any move the Spurs make I believe will be for a younger player. I wouldn't want Granger due to his injury history and ball hogging ways. The Pacers have actually been better without Granger than with. Young on the other hand would be a good fit. He shoots a good percentage, doesn't need the ball in his hands to score, and is a prototypical power forward in today's NBA due to his quickness and outside shooting capabilities.

RD2191
Any thoughts on Eric Gordon? Isn't he always injured?

Baam
Splitter is getting traded, probably with Bonner, rumors have been massive salaries like Deng and Granger, the FO sees what I see...

elemento
Not completely sold on Young tbh

It's his 7th season and THIS season is the only that he is able to shoot @ 40% from deep (34% from deep in his career). His numbers in the playoffs are truly disappointing and his contract is too long and too BIG for a tweener.

If SA trades scraps (say Nando, Bonner, Ayers,etc) for him, I am fine with the trade. But giving up the farm to get him would be a mistake IMO.

loveforthegame
Man. I don't know about giving up Diaw.

timtonymanu
01-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Diaw is the most untouchable player outside of the Big 3 and Kawhi, tbh.

I doubt the Spurs involve him in trade talks.

Kyuui-Musikq
01-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Hypothetically, if we did trade Diaw to Philly and they waived him, could be just pick him back up off waivers?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2014, 01:24 PM
It's tough to see their trading any rotation players at this point, but they can sure be aggro with the expiring contracts of non rotation players.

Baam
01-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Any move the Spurs make I believe will be for a younger player. I wouldn't want Granger due to his injury history and ball hogging ways. The Pacers have actually been better without Granger than with. Young on the other hand would be a good fit. He shoots a good percentage, doesn't need the ball in his hands to score, and is a prototypical power forward in today's NBA due to his quickness and outside shooting capabilities.

Granger is a huge expiring that ironically could allow us to bid on Stephenson this summer for instance...

benefactor
01-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Hypothetically, if we did trade Diaw to Philly and they waived him, could be just pick him back up off waivers?
No. They closed that loophole.

I. Hustle
When is the deadline?

Kyuui-Musikq
Not completely sold on Young tbh

It's his 7th season and THIS season is the only that he is able to shoot @ 40% from deep (34% from deep in his career). His numbers in the playoffs are truly disappointing and his contract is too long and too BIG for a tweener.

If SA trades scraps (say Nando, Bonner, Ayers,etc) for him, I am fine with the trade. But giving up the farm to get him would be a mistake IMO.

It's important to remember though that all his numbers this year are essentially being done in the spurs system.

justinandimcool
Young is a downgrade from Boris, and upgrade from Danny. You do the math on who should be traded.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Diaw is a way better playmaker than Young and is very close to the big 3.. but Young is younger. Giving up Bonner or de Colo and a pick is a very tough trade.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm with the rest of you guys. Diaw has proven to be a valuable 3rd big on the team. Why roll the dice on another 3rd big at best who also has a worse contract? I know that Young could spell Leonard for some minutes at the 3, but Leonard should be playing over 38 minutes in the playoffs anyway.

Baam
01-10-2014, 01:27 PM
When is the deadline?

On Splitter contract? January 15

bklynspursfan
01-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Karl said Smith has “a skill that championship teams need” and suggested that he might be better off with a team of veterans such as the Spurs or Heat.

“There’s that possibility,” Karl said. “I think right now that’s the position if I was J.R.’s agent [I would take]. I would be looking at a culture where there would be more peer pressure.”

Karl also said the Spurs have been interested in Smith in the past. Smith was a free agent over the summer and signed a three-year, $18 million contract with the Knicks.

“I know San Antonio has always liked J.R. Smith and I know they’ve thought about bringing him in,” Karl said. “San Antonio doesn’t make a lot of mistakes.”

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2014/01/10/george-karl-says-spurs-thought-signing-j-r-smith/

Baam
01-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Seriously look at the West, there's no big team anymore, Splitter is getting traded for a SF.

Dex
01-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Aggressively exploring trades = don't expect much to happen.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
JR Smith is also on the trade block.. SA has showed interest in him before

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 01:31 PM
On Splitter contract? January 15

Just the trade deadline in general.

Skull-1
01-10-2014, 01:33 PM

+1 :toast

Some of us can laugh at ourselves, though. Usually requires intellect, tbqh, fwiw, IMHO.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Seriously look at the West, there's no big team anymore, Splitter is getting traded for a SF.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Splitter was traded. I know many point to his defense and how useful he was against the Grizz and Lakers last season, but we won't be facing those teams in the postseason and his frequent injuries worry me. We could make due without him.

timtonymanu
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Aggressively exploring trades = don't expect much to happen.

I'm expecting a De Colo for a second rounder.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 01:35 PM
+1 :toast

Some of us can laugh at ourselves, though. Usually requires intellect, tbqh, fwiw, IMHO.
Bruno

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 01:40 PM
If we trade for Lebron and he wants #50... do we give it to him?

Chinook
01-10-2014, 01:41 PM

Portland, Golden State, Los Angeles, Minnesota and Phoenix aren't big enough for you?

Skull-1
01-10-2014, 01:42 PM
If we trade for Lebron and he wants #50... do we give it to him?

No flipping way. I wouldn't give 50 to Jordan in his prime time warped onto our team. #50 stays in the rafters for all hypothetical trades.

HarlemHeat37
01-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Young would be fine with me, as long as it's only for the package of expirings and a 1st round pick, tbh..

I don't want the Spurs to give up Diaw or Green..

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Portland, Golden State, Los Angeles, Minnesota and Phoenix aren't big enough for you?

He's a size queen.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Portland, Golden State, Los Angeles, Minnesota and Phoenix aren't big enough for you?SpursTalk's The Agenders® have no need for facts.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Let's go ahead and talk playoffs because that's all that really matters...

Minnesota and Phoenix will not do anything in the playoffs even if they make it. Splitter usually gets outplayed by Jordan. His defense isn't needed against Lopez. I will give you Golden State though, he might be needed against them, but I feel that Young could prove to be more valuable in a series against them.

Baam
01-10-2014, 01:47 PM

When I say big I mean double towers kind of big...

Their PFs can all be guarded by Boris... The Clips are the only one where Splitter could arguably do a better job than Boris who is the best against face up bigs (while Tiago is better at post D).

will_spurs
01-10-2014, 01:53 PM
JR Smith is also on the trade block.. SA has showed interest in him before

JR Smith is welcome to rot in hell. I wouldn't even trade CoJo for this asshole.

Beaverfuzz
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
BOOM! It's been real Diaw.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Let's go ahead and talk playoffs because that's all that really matters...

Minnesota and Phoenix will not do anything in the playoffs even if they make it. Splitter usually gets outplayed by Jordan. His defense isn't needed against Lopez. I will give you Golden State though, he might be needed against them, but I feel that Young could prove to be more valuable in a series against them.

The Spurs could easily lose to the Wolves if Love and Pek run wild. Splitter was the best big against the Clippers last time. And Tiago usually guards the opponent's best big. Duncan is not suited to guard Aldridge or Ibaka anymore.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 01:57 PM
When I say big I mean double towers kind of big...

Their PFs can all be guarded by Boris... The Clips are the only one where Splitter could arguably do a better job than Boris who is the best against face up bigs (while Tiago is better at post D).

Splitter's much better on Aldridge, Lee and Griffin. And he's easily the best on West and Bosh out east. He's the team's best defensive big even though I think Diaw's more versatile over all.

T Park
01-10-2014, 01:58 PM
They aggressively shopped Dejuan Blair too. Its most likely theyre trying to find someone to take De Colo off their hands. Nothing more.

szkorhetz
01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
The Spurs could easily lose to the Wolves if Love and Pek run wild. Splitter was the best big against the Clippers last time. And Tiago usually guards the opponent's best big. Duncan is not suited to guard Aldridge or Ibaka anymore.
Wolves, Blazers, Suns won't be a factor in the PO, who you guys can't see this?

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Imo, mills, cojo, nando, and Baynes are all expendable

DesignatedT
01-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Trust woj and no one else

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:00 PM
The Spurs could easily lose to the Wolves if Love and Pek run wild. Splitter was the best big against the Clippers lasy time. And Tiago usually guards the opponent's best big. Duncan is not suited to guard Aldridge or Ibaka anymore.

Young and Diaw could do a fine job on the likes of Love, Pek, Griffin, and Aldridge. If I recall correctly, Young just had a very solid game against Aldridge a week ago in Portland in a 76'ers win.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Splitter's much better on Aldridge, Lee and Griffin. And he's easily the best on West and Bosh out east. He's the team's best defensive big even though I think Diaw's more versatile over all.

.... He is not much better on Griffin or Aldridge.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Wolves, Blazers, Suns won't be a factor in the PO, who you guys can't see this?

You know, just like how the Grizzlies weren't a factor in 2011...

FromWayDowntown
01-10-2014, 02:05 PM
It's an understatement to say that the Spurs have been interested in JR Smith previously. Brent Barry was just about held off a charter because everyone believed the Spurs would complete a deal for JR Smith in 2006:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35401

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:05 PM

He's the best on Bosh yet he could even provide rest for Tim in the Finals?...

I'm not sure about Aldridge and Lee, you may very well be right tbh but offensively let's not bury our heads in the sand about the Kawhi Tiago and Tim issue, that absolutely doesn't work this season... The bench shrinks in the POs thus it's only gonna get worse...

Boomersgold
01-10-2014, 02:06 PM
If it includes trading Diaw, then it's not worth it. Diaw's been balling!

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:06 PM
.... He is not much better on Griffin or Aldridge.

Yes he is.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM
You know, just like how the Grizzlies weren't a factor in 2011...
Oh come on. You know that that example is not as cut-and-dry as you make it out to be.

Robz4000
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM
:lol if the Spurs trade Diaw...

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:10 PM
He's the best on Bosh yet he could even provide rest for Tim in the Finals?...

I'm not sure about Aldridge and Lee, you may very well be right tbh but offensively let's not bury our heads in the sand about the Kawhi Tiago and Tim issue, that absolutely doesn't work this season... The bench shrinks in the POs thus it's only gonna get worse...

Yes, Splitter actually held Bosh to a horrible percentage for most of the series. Tim could noy recover on him quickly enough. I mentioned that in my Finals Defense thread back in June.

I agree the offense is a major concern. But Splitter will be needed in a good number of potential series as a defensive specialist.

RD2191
Why the fuck would the Spurs want JR Smith and his shoelace shenanigans?

gnsf0946
They aggressively shopped Dejuan Blair too. Its most likely theyre trying to find someone to take De Colo off their hands. Nothing more.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Oh come on. You know that that example is not as cut-and-dry as you make it out to be.

Yeah, it is. The Grizzlies had a major size advantage and exploited it to victory. Sure, Manu was hurt. But that could happen at any time. Even though Memphis wasn't a contender, they managed to win the series easily.

will_spurs
01-10-2014, 02:12 PM
It's an understatement to say that the Spurs have been interested in JR Smith previously. Brent Barry was just about held off a charter because everyone believed the Spurs would complete a deal for JR Smith in 2006:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35401

They were also interested in Malone. Those ships have sailed.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Sure, Manu was hurt.

and how have the matches gone ever since then?

benefactor
01-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Spur fan has developed a fairly severe case of reverse Darwinism over the past couple of seasons.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Young and Diaw could do a fine job on the likes of Love, Pek, Griffin, and Aldridge. If I recall correctly, Young just had a very solid game against Aldridge a week ago in Portland in a 76'ers win.

No, they couldn't. Young is not a legitimate post defender. He's not checking any centers and would not be able to offset that as the fifth option on offense.

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Yes, Splitter actually held Bosh to a horrible percentage for most of the series. Tim could noy recover on him quickly enough. I mentioned that in my Finals Defense thread back in June.

I agree the offense is a major concern. But Splitter will be needed in a good number of potential series as a defensive specialist.

Well I think a two way SF is a way bigger need but I understand your point.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:16 PM
and how have the matches gone ever since then?

The Spurs are able to win in the first round. I mean, they upset Dallas the year before with a hurt Ginobili. And they have had two first-round sweeps since then. It's not like they usuallt need all hands on deck to beat a low seed.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it is. The Grizzlies had a major size advantage and exploited it to victory. Sure, Manu was hurt. But that could happen at any time. Even though Memphis wasn't a contender, they managed to win the series easily.
Manu was our best player and had a broken arm. Duncan was gimpy as hell. Splitter would have helped but the fate of the series would have been the same.

Anyway, I understand that Splitter is a valuable piece. His defense is solid, his footwork is underrated, and he serves his role in the offense. However, I would choose Young over him in a heartbeat. Firstly, I know that he could be able to play a role against any team we play against.

Just last week against Portland in a 76'ers win he throughly outplayed Aldridge. Yes, Aldridge had 29 points, but on 30 shots. He's a very solid player...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlX2cdBtmQ

Skull-1
01-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Why the fuck would the Spurs want JR Smith and his shoelace shenanigans?

Bingo. Excellent point.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Well I think a two way SF is a way bigger need but I understand your point.

I understand yours as well but I have two objections:

1 It doesn't have to be a high-priced player. We just saw a D-leaguer in James Johnson tear it up for Memphis at the combo-forward spot. The Spurs could have taken him instead of Thomas. Or you know, actually use Malcolm.

2 No need to trade Splitter. The Spurs have tons of spending powet without trading him. Why not keep him and have the best of both worlds?

HarlemHeat37
01-10-2014, 02:21 PM
I'd be interested in the following players that are probably available: Demare Carroll, Brandon Bass, Kirilenko, Dunleavy, Clark, Afflalo, T. Young, Aminu, Marvin Williams..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 02:22 PM
I'd be interested in the following players that are probably available: Demare Carroll, Brandon Bass, Kirilenko, Dunleavy, Clark, Afflalo, T. Young, Aminu, Marvin Williams..

Marvin Williams is complete garbage this year.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Manu was our best player and had a broken arm. Duncan was gimpy as hell. Splitter would have helped but the fate of the series would have been the same.

Anyway, I understand that Splitter is a valuable piece. His defense is solid, his footwork is underrated, and he serves his role in the offense. However, I would choose Young over him in a heartbeat. Firstly, I know that he could be able to play a role against any team we play against.

Just last week against Portland in a 76'ers win he throughly outplayed Aldridge. Yes, Aldridge had 29 points, but on 30 shots. He's a very solid player...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlX2cdBtmQ

You're a Spurs fan. So you should know that players can go off for no reason some games. Thad having a good game doesn't mean he matches up well. Blair has his share of strong games, too, including playinh Gasol well on both sides of the ball a couple of years ago.

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Demarre Carroll would be a great back up small forward. Good defensively, solid offensively doesnt get in the way. doesnt break the bank either.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
No, they couldn't. Young is not a legitimate post defender. He's not checking any centers and would not be able to offset that as the fifth option on offense.
Not a whole lot of legitimate post players to worry about in the post season at the PF spot that Diaw couldn't handle. If Splitter would be traded, Duncan would slide into the center role.

FromWayDowntown
01-10-2014, 02:26 PM
They were also interested in Malone. Those ships have sailed.

Oh, I'm not saying the Spurs want JR Smith. Just adding to the discussion about the Spurs having had prior interest in him. I can't see the SPurs having much interest in a guy whose primary traits are his gross inefficiency and his crazy knuckleheadedness.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:27 PM
You're a Spurs fan. So you should know that players can go off for no reason some games. Thad having a good game doesn't mean he matches up well. Blair has his share of strong games, too, including playinh Gasol well on both sides of the ball a couple of years ago.
You're right. But you are a Spurs fan too. Could it be that I might be undervaluing Tiago just a tad while you are overvaluing him a bit? I mean just how valuable is he if he can't get on the floor in the Finals when it really matters?

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:30 PM
You're right. But you are a Spurs fan too. Could it be that I might be undervaluing Tiago just a tad while you are overvaluing him a bit? I mean just how valuable is he if he can't get on the floor in the Finals when it really matters?

You dont understand "matchups" at all.

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Also without Tiago Splitter, they dont get past Golden State, nor Memphis, let alone get to the Finals to be 28 seconds from winning.

will_spurs
01-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh, I'm not saying the Spurs want JR Smith. Just adding to the discussion about the Spurs having had prior interest in him. I can't see the SPurs having much interest in a guy whose primary traits are his gross inefficiency and his crazy knuckleheadedness.

I understand what you wanted to bring to the discussion, I just wanted to emphasize that was back in 2006. Half of the players who were in the league then aren't any more :)

DJR210
01-10-2014, 02:32 PM

:lmao

Bruno
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Spurs roster situation is quite simple to analyze. They have 9 quality rotational players with Parker, Mills, Belinelli, Green, Ginobili, Leonard, Diaw, Splitter and Duncan.

So Spurs have two options:
1) Replace one (or more) of these 9 players by an upgrade.
2) Add a 10th quality player using other assets (Bonner, De Colo, Baynes, Ayres, Jospeh, cash, draft picks, rights to overseas players).

Personally, I think 2) is the way to go unless there is a no trainer trade. The 10th quality player added should be a forward.

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Also without Tiago Splitter, they dont get past Golden State, nor Memphis, let alone get to the Finals to be 28 seconds from winning.

Lol Tiago was the single worst player in the Finals, look at his plus minus, he was a black hole... You're going too far with the Tiagologists bads tbh...

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Not a whole lot of legitimate post players to worry about in the post season at the PF spot that Diaw couldn't handle. If Splitter would be traded, Duncan would slide into the center role.

And he'd struggle. Duncan is easentially a smarter and older Ibaka right now. He needs a strong big defender next to him to be his best.

Splittet could not stay on the floor in the Finals, but he played huge minutes in the series before that, and he was the best big in the series before that. I don't think people realize how close the Spurs were to losing that series. They were a failed comeback or missed three away from having to play a Game 7. No Splitter may have tipped the balance.

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:38 PM
And he'd struggle. Duncan is easentially a smarter and older Ibaka right now. He needs a strong big defender next to him to be his best.

Splittet could not stay on the floor in the Finals, but he played huge minutes in the series before that, and he was the best big in the series before that. I don't think people realize how close the Spurs were to losing that series. They were a failed comeback or missed three away from having to play a Game 7. No Splitter may have tipped the balance.

The balance was tipped in the series deciding game 1 tbh with Boris playing center for half an hour vs Bogut...

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Lol Tiago was the single worst player in the Finals, look at his plus minus, he was a black hole... You're going too far with the Tiagologists bads tbh...

Yeah plus minus is a fantastic stat to use. One Matt Bonner dominates in. Try again.

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
The balance was tipped in the series deciding game 1 tbh with Boris playing center for half an hour vs Bogut...

If that were true they wouldn't have come back in game 2 and shat the bed. GMAFB.

Old School 44
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't think the Spurs will make a major trade. BUT the only rotation players that make sense to possibly get a quality player back and not mess up the chemistry would be Splitter and/or Green. I just don't see it happening. Draft picks and any combo of Mills, Baynes, DeColo, Bonner, Cojo isn't gonna do it.

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:40 PM
If that were true they wouldn't have come back in game 2 and shat the bed. GMAFB.

Boris played like 8min in game 2 genius...

T Park
01-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Boris played like 8min in game 2 genius...

Game 4? Rewatch game 6 also, Splitter owned the Warriors in that game. HUGE reason they won game 6.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Splitter played about 100 minutes against the Warriors in last season's playoffs. Agreed, he played well against them but to act as if he was the difference maker in that series is a stretch. Additionally, he played a hell of a job against the Grizz and was one of the key reasons we swept them. But, again, they were swept and not the powerhouse you make them out to be.

ace3g
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
You dont understand "matchups" at all.

Yep, been saying the same thing, Spurs play the Pacers in the Finals, and Spurs fans' opinion of Splitter would be completely different. Just wasn't a place for him against the Heat.

DAF86
01-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Demarre Carroll would be a great back up small forward. Good defensively, solid offensively doesnt get in the way. doesnt break the bank either.

Dude can't shoot the three, our wings need to shoot the three.

Biernutz
01-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Boris will be free this summer. Can we resign him? He will demand more money than last time with his play here.
I hope he stays.....

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:44 PM

Diaw only played 26 of 58 minutes, and most of that was at PF. He was the center for two critical possessions, but Splitter being hurt really showed in that game.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Yep, been saying the same thing, Spurs play the Pacers in the Finals, and Spurs fans' opinion of Splitter would be completely different. Just wasn't a place for him against the Heat.

And he was outstanding on defense the first four games of the Finals. He just couldn't guard Wade.

dallasmaverickslose
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Whatever the scenario, I would HATE to give up Diaw.

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Diaw only played 26 of 58 minutes, and most of that was at PF. He was the center for two critical possessions, but Splitter being hurt really showed in that game.

Who was playing center during the two overtimes? Once Duncan went to the locker room it was all Boris, certainly more than two possessions... Obviously not half an hour but more like the last 15.

Baam
01-10-2014, 02:49 PM
And he was outstanding on defense the first four games of the Finals. He just couldn't guard Wade.

Misleading post since he was a net negative at center as well.

rjv
01-10-2014, 02:49 PM

i agree and i never thought i'd say this but diaw has become extremely valuable to us.

dallasmaverickslose
01-10-2014, 02:50 PM
i agree and i never thought i'd say this but diaw has become extremely valuable to us.

There are plenty of times I feel Boris should be starting over Tiago. Tiago might be better with the 2nd unit anyway.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:51 PM
And who are the Spurs much more likely to play against in the Finals? I'd really like to play the Pacers but the Heat are most likely going to their fourth straight Finals series. Tiago is just useless against them. I'd rather be a bit worse of a team ("matchup-wise") against the other west contenders if it means that we will be better prepared against the Heat this time around.

dallasmaverickslose
01-10-2014, 02:53 PM
And who are the Spurs much more likely to play against in the Finals? I' really like to play the Pacers but the Heat are most likely going to their fourth straight Finals series. Tiago is just useless against them. I'd rather be a bit worse of a team ("matchup-wise") against the other west contenders if it means that we will be better prepared against the Heat this time around.

Still, Tiago had a tremendous opportunity to light up Miami's relatively small frontcourt, but he didn't.

dallasmaverickslose
01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Also, is there any information about this coming from any other news outlets?

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Misleading post since he was a net negative at center as well.

He was a net negative due to bad offense. A lot of that was his fault, but a lot was the other players constantly giving him low passes woth Heat smalls rotating. It's too easy to get stripped if the big has to bend down.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Still, Tiago had a tremendous opportunity to light up Miami's relatively small frontcourt, but he didn't.
Exactly. Tiago plays like a big on one end of the court but shrinks about half a foot in the way he plays on the other. Just the way he is.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Who was playing center during the two overtimes? Once Duncan went to the locker room it was all Boris, certainly more than two possessions... Obviously not half an hour but more like the last 15.

Yeah. Diaw did a good job when he had to. But Splitter was still hurt for that game. If he had been in, the Spurs would probably have won easily.

weeks
agreed

exstatic
If you trade Splitter, our defense becomes a revolving door when Tim sits, which is almost half of every game. He has a better defensive FG% against at the rim than Tim does, 4th in the NBA IIRC.

cjw
01-10-2014, 02:58 PM
That would be a bad deal for the Spurs. Diaw is better for the team than Young would be.

Agree here. Young is the type of guy we would have to be lucky to draft given we're always in the 20's but for this season alone, it's very hard to give up someone as versatile as Diaw. He can guard stretch 4s and other positions better than anyone other than Kawhi. Anything that doesn't disrupt the core - even if it takes a few picks - for Thad would be a no brainer.

The idea of Kawhi taking on smaller 2s in the post (if they were to trade Green and move Thad to the three) is intriguing. He can defend three positions well (2 through 4) and would be a matchup nightmare for nearly every two in the league in the block. Floor spacing would hurt and Diaw may be better in the starting lineup there than Splitter. Young's 3 pt shooting is better than I thought, looking at the stats.

Dex
01-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Spurs aggressively looking to trade = Calling every team for a 9th time asking if they'd like to take Bonner now.

Skull-1
01-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Spurs aggressively looking to trade = Calling every team for a 9th time asking if they'd like to take Bonner now.

:lol

jesterbobman
Like Bruno, I think we're 1 rotation piece away. IT doesn't guarantee a title, but Thaddeus both plays the spot that we need to upgrade(Even though he's been starlings, in the playoffs Tiago is our second Centre) and a combo 4 is the obvious spot to upgrade. Thaddeus is a really good 4, and a Bonner+Nando/CoJo + Baynes + a 1st could definitely be appealing, if the Sixers are going to tank. They should get solid offers for him if he's on the block, so our BNB1/BCB1 platter may not be enough.

dallasmaverickslose

What could we reasonably get for Bonner plus a 1st?

Raven
01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
tony, manu, timmy, kawhi, danny, boris, tiago are the players that we need to win the title, i'd hate to trade cojo, everyone else is expendable.

T Park
01-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Not when they play 10-12 minutes or less backing up Leonard.

T Park
01-10-2014, 03:11 PM

Zilch

T Park
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM
tony, manu, timmy, kawhi, danny, boris, tiago are the players that we need to win the title, i'd hate to trade cojo, everyone else is expendable.

Belinelli is expendable?

ThaBigFundamental21
01-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't think anyone here gets to decide who is expendable, who is not. If the team can get better through trade minus the Big 3 then I think the front office is going to do it. Tim is almost 40. Lets be real here, this is officially the last hurrah. Officially. There is no more chance for another ring after this season with this Big 3. We all know this. It is literally now or never again... As fans it's time to wake up and realize this. Really enjoy what we have. Timmy will probably hang it up after next year...

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 03:19 PM
I don't think anyone here gets to decide who is expendable, who is not. If the team can get better through trade minus the Big 3 then I think the front office is going to do it. Tim is almost 40. Lets be real here, this is officially the last hurrah. Officially. There is no more chance for another ring after this season with this Big 3. We all know this. It is literally now or never again... As fans it's time to wake up and realize this. Really enjoy what we have. Timmy will probably hang it up after next year...

True. Outside of Manu, Tony, and Duncan everyone is expendable.

cd021
01-10-2014, 03:20 PM

i think we'd have to wait 90 days before he could resign him.

Chinook
Belinelli is expendable?

Hating Beli is Raven's schtick. I would trade Beli in 2K for a bigger scorer. But he sacrificed a lot of money to play with Manu and fits in well chemistry -wise. I don't love him as the three now, but he may be the two they re-sign in 2015.

benefactor
The Spurs are not trading Splitter. They are not trading Diaw. The only rotation player that they might trade if the right scenario presented itself is Green...but even that is highly unlikely.

So that said, going on and on about match ups or scenarios where any of these players are subtracted and another player is added is a waste of time. Be realistic or please just shut the fuck up.

Hoops Czar
01-10-2014, 03:23 PM
The Spurs will be in on a lot of trade rumors, but will find it very difficult to pull off an impact trade with what little assests they have to give. Teams aren't just going to hand over a quality player to get a bunch of scrubs in return.

Baam
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM
The Spurs are not trading Splitter. They are not trading Diaw. The only rotation player that they might trade if the right scenario presented itself is Green...but even that is highly unlikely.

So that said, going on and on about match ups or scenarios where any of these players are subtracted and another player is added is a waste of time. Be realistic or please just shut the fuck up.

I saw Kawhi having fun playing with Boris. When a player doesn't fit with your current FP and the next one (according to Pop) then he has to be on the table, it's unrealistic to think different...

It's also weird to think that the Finals 3pt record holder who also shut down Curry is more likely to get traded than Tiago Splitter... I don't even like Green but the facts point to Green being more important.

Raven
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Belinelli is expendable?

belinelli is THE CANCER. Source of everything bad that happened this year.

poop
01-10-2014, 03:40 PM
DO NOT TRADE DIAW

cjw
01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
i think we'd have to wait 90 days before he could resign him.

Diaw wouldn't get waived. This isn't a few years ago when he was fat Boris in Charlotte. He's a rotation player on any team in the league now and his contract is relatively friendly.

benefactor
01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
I saw Kawhi having fun playing with Boris. When a player doesn't fit with your current FP and the next one (according to Pop) then he has to be on the table, it's unrealistic to think different...

It's also weird to think that the Finals 3pt record holder who also shut down Curry is more likely to get traded than Tiago Splitter... I don't even like Green but the facts point to Green being more important.
Again...waste of time. Neither is getting traded. Move on.

EVAY
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM

This. He is the best pick and roll defender of any of our bigs. But then Diaw is next after him. Tim has been terrible on pick and roll defense this year. His mobility just isn't there any more. I don't know anything about Young, but I don't see the Spurs getting rid of Diaw or Splitter. Bonner, Baynes and DeColo? In a heartbeat.

hater
01-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Green IMO is asking to be traded(with his play) nig obviously does not like the Ferrari coming in and taking the team on his back and taking Green's position. I'll go ahead and say it GREEN NEEDS TO BE TRADED

another guy I'd listen to offers about would be Kawhi. Dude is just not fitting in the Spurs system like he should. Kawhi would be a monster in the right team IMO. For example, in the Warriors or even Portland, Kawhi would be an Allstar.

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Funny after the first page, there are no more "leads" available lol ..... 20 pages anyone?

r0drig0lac
01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Funny how both teams mentioned here (Sixers and Pacers) are teams with some kind of connection to the Spurs. Anyway, do it Mitch.

TheyCallMePro
01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Guys it's so obvious what's happening. And yet no one has mentioned it.

Were trying to get back Gary Neal. The Bucks have made up their minds to trade him by the Feb 20th deadline. And all we'd have to give the Bucks in return is one of our PG's and our late 1st round draft pick.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Green IMO is asking to be traded(with his play) nig obviously does not like the Ferrari coming in and taking the team on his back and taking Green's position. I'll go ahead and say it GREEN NEEDS TO BE TRADED

another guy I'd listen to offers about would be Kawhi. Dude is just not fitting in the Spurs system like he should. Kawhi would be a monster in the right team IMO. For example, in the Warriors or even Portland, Kawhi would be an Allstar.

No he wouldn't. The best players on those teams have a hard enough time making the allstar team. I do agree, though. He does not look great this season. I have a feeling he will step it up though.

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2014, 03:54 PM
No he wouldn't. The best players on those teams have a hard enough time making the allstar team. I do agree, though. He does not look great this season. I have a feeling he will step it up though.
He's looked a hell of alot better as of late.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 03:55 PM

Were trying to get back Gary Neal. The Bucks have made up their minds to trade him by the Feb 20th deadline. And all we'd have to give the Bucks in return is one of our PG's and our late 1st round draft pick.
Why would we want Neal? We have Belinelli.

SpursRock20
01-10-2014, 03:56 PM
He's looked a hell of alot better as of late.
Very true. I'm not too worried about him.

RD2191
01-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Suck a dick benefagtor, Who the fuck are you to tell people to shut the fuck up? Just because you posted some shit ass game grades you think you're some kind of basketball expert? the fuck outta here.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Leave it to a media outlet to predict that this is a sign of the end times for the old Spurs.

Here's the reality: As mentioned by others, the Spurs aren't going to trade their top seven or eight guys. If the Spurs are involved in a trade, it's probably going to be in a multi-team deal with picks and bench players, so they have to tell other teams who is in play so they can use those pieces to make a big deal work. It's not aggressive, it's communication.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM

You said it. Honestly I don't know what it is, but he seems to be a Portland or G.S. prototypical player. I have literally thought the same thing. Maybe Pop doesn't know how to use him, whatever. But he is highly under utilized. It's sad. Right now, literally right now, it's time for the Spurs to do anything they can to get better. Like I said, this is it for the Spurs.

dg7md
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Finally, our front office gets it. I think that we have the next few years to be a top 5 NBA team, but yeah, we need to get some more superstar-like pieces to contend.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Leave it to a media outlet to predict that this is a sign of the end times for the old Spurs.

Here's the reality: As mentioned by others, the Spurs aren't going to trade their top seven or eight guys. If the Spurs are involved in a trade, it's probably going to be in a multi-team deal with picks and bench players, so they have to tell other teams who is in play so they can use those pieces to make a big deal work. It's not aggressive, it's communication.

No one here knows what San Antonio is willing to do.

Raven
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM

anyone who doesn't have the potential to defend imho is expendable. I'm giving manu a pass for obvious reasons, but we don't have any use for offense at the expense of defense.

RD2191
01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Trade Splitter, tbh, fwiw, idgaf, benefactor looks like a fat Mr. Clean.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-10-2014, 04:06 PM
anyone who doesn't have the potential to defend imho is expendable. I'm giving manu a pass for obvious reasons, but we don't have any use for offense at the expense of defense.

I don't know about that. Parker isn't going anywhere either. His D is awful. It's not really about that. I think management is keeping the big 3 together. That is the only guarantee. I could be wrong. But I truly think something BIG is going to go down. It never has before, I know. But Tim wasn't 38, Manu wasn't 37, Parker wasn't 32. Tell me what other choice there is if the Spurs want to win another ring? There is no other chance for them. This is finally it for the Spurs, we all need to realize that. Denial isn't going to stave off the inevitable.

Hoops Czar
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Green IMO is asking to be traded(with his play) nig obviously does not like the Ferrari coming in and taking the tea on his back and taking Green's position. I'll go ahead and say it GREEN NEEDS TO BE TRADED.

Oh, there's no question he's peaked. He's imploded offensively and his defense is vastly overrated. I don't think the FO has the balls to trade him but they should definitely sell high on him before his value plummets. They might be able to package him in a deal with Bonner and draft picks and get a semi decent return.

EVAY
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM

:lol! Outstanding!!

slick'81
01-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Let all the spurs are getting a superstar via trade rumors begin

Robz4000
01-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Heard the Spurs are trading Matt Bonner for Lebron James. Sounds like a solid trade for both sides.

szkorhetz
01-10-2014, 04:17 PM
I hope we are pursuing Taj. Giving the Bulls that much cap relief with expering contracts could be appealing. Bonner+CoJo(or even Nando, whatever) for Taj could work, TBH.
Bulls could then switch to full tank, amnesty Boozer, draft a SF/SG and target Bosh as their main FA signing, while also bring over Mirotic.
This trade makes hell lot of sense for both teams.

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Suck a dick benefagtor, Who the fuck are you to tell people to shut the fuck up? Just because you posted some shit ass game grades you think you're some kind of basketball expert? the fuck outta here.:lmao

cd021
01-10-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm expecting a De Colo for a second rounder.

A conditional second rounder

cd021
01-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Heard the Spurs are trading Matt Bonner for Lebron James. Sounds like a solid trade for both sides.

Could work for both sides...

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Trade Splitter, tbh, fwiw, idgaf, benefactor looks like a fat Mr. Clean.
hahaha. Rob on a tear right now hahaha

cd021
01-10-2014, 04:27 PM
The Spurs are able to win in the first round. I mean, they upset Dallas the year before with a hurt Ginobili. And they have had two first-round sweeps since then. It's not like they usuallt need all hands on deck to beat a low seed.

08-09- Lost to Dallas-1st Round-5 Games (Manu missed 42 games and the postseason)

RD2191
hahaha. Rob on a tear right now hahaha

I. Hustle

Only if they throw in Andersen

Floyd Pacquiao
01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Spurs aren't dumb. They won't trade Diaw or Green. If anything they'll trade the end of bench guys and some draft picks, tbh.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 04:38 PM
08-09- Lost to Dallas-1st Round-5 Games (Manu missed 42 games and the postseason)

And Manu was hurt the next year and they still won. Ginobili wasn't out for the Memphis series. He missed the first game and then came back to have a solid outing for the rest of series. So it's much closer to the second Dallas series than it is to the first.

SpursFan86
01-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Actually, Taj Gibson would be a great guy to get. Not sure what the Bulls' asking price would be for him though...part of me feels like they're planning on him taking over the starting PF spot once they inevitably amnesty Boozer.

r0drig0lac
01-10-2014, 04:42 PM
absolutely not, as the game is played now, our wings need to be athletic enough to stay in front of opposing wing, and with space to know when to go in the lane for easy baskets and fouls

benefactor
01-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Suck a dick benefagtor, Who the fuck are you to tell people to shut the fuck up? Just because you posted some shit ass game grades you think you're some kind of basketball expert? the fuck outta here.
Shouldn't you be somewhere dickriding some posters?

Just stating facts. You don't like you can go drown your sorrows in tequila and eat yourself to death at the all you can eat burrito buffet you dumb, fat ass be@ner.

RD2191
01-10-2014, 04:47 PM

Just stating facts. You don't like you can go drown your sorrows in tequila and eat yourself to death at the all you can eat burrito buffet you dumb, fat ass be@ner.
:lmaoThe butthurt in this post.

Juggity
01-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Diaw is no longer an expendable piece after he proved he could effectively guard Lebron in the Finals. Not to mention his great court vision, chemistry, and apparent clutch decision making. Obviously, it's a huge assumption to make that the spurs would get back to the finals, but if they did and it was against Lebron again, there's no tandem I would rather have guard Lebron than Kawhi and Boris.

DAF86
01-10-2014, 04:49 PM
absolutely not, as the game is played now, our wings need to be athletic enough to stay in front of opposing wing, and with space to know when to go in the lane for easy baskets and fouls

I didn't understand your post? Are you saying that with the way the game is played now three point shooters aren't so important? If that's the case, you need to re-check that opinion.

RD2191
01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Mr._Clean_logo.png

RD2191
01-10-2014, 04:55 PM

Aremid
A trade??? Please God let it be so!

TheyCallMePro
The bad teams are salivating over the Spurs late first round draft pick. Even though it'll be the 25-30th overall pick, a tanking team will be willing to listen to the Spurs to acquire it this year. And they'll take underutilized players off the Spurs hands in order to make the trade happen.

Most likely it'll involve a team like the Sixers, Jazz, or Bucks. Potential players from those teams worth trading for: Richard Jefferson (Jazz), Marvin Williams (Jazz), Gary Neal (Bucks), Thaddeus Young (Sixers), Evan Turner (Sixers).

My bet is that we get Neal back.

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 04:58 PM

Hold the hell up! Wait just a damn second. You're telling me that there are burrito buffets somewhere? Like build your own or already made? Do they have dessert burritos? Where is this burrito buffet place? Do they have tequila there or was that a whole separate thing?

r0drig0lac
01-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I didn't understand your post? Are you saying that with the way the game is played now three point shooters aren't so important? If that's the case, you need to re-check that opinion.
the comment was mainly aimed at the defense, but in relation to the three-point line makes it seem like you need an expert, I believe that someone who can hit the three occasionally, but who can drive efficiently would be more interesting in the Spurs squad today (of course depending on what goes in the trade)

I. Hustle
01-10-2014, 05:00 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/cdd56312fc.jpg

HarlemHeat37
01-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I hope we see more of the Parker/Green/Leonard/Diaw/Duncan combination before they make a potential move, tbh..

Spurs have looked dominant this year with that combination, and Leonard has looked like the player we expected when he's playing without both Splitter/Duncan with him, tbh..

The only glaring hole on this Spurs team is a 3rd defender to go along with Leonard/Green, tbh..whether its a perimeter player to defend 1s/2s, or a guy to defend 3s/4s, it would be nice to have another defensive option(considering Manu is too old and Beli is atrocious on defense)..

I don't think they would have to break the bank for that type of player, tbh..

SpursFan86
01-10-2014, 05:01 PM
The bad teams are salivating over the Spurs late first round draft pick. Even though it'll be the 25-30th overall pick, a tanking team will be willing to listen to the Spurs to acquire it this year. And they'll take underutilized players off the Spurs hands in order to make the trade happen.

Most likely it'll involve a team like the Sixers, Jazz, or Bucks. Potential players from those teams worth trading for: Richard Jefferson (Jazz), Marvin Williams (Jazz), Gary Neal (Bucks), Thaddeus Young (Sixers), Evan Turner (Sixers).

My bet is that we get Neal back.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

RD2191
01-10-2014, 05:03 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/cdd56312fc.jpg

HarlemHeat37
01-10-2014, 05:06 PM
With Westbrook looking vulnerable and breaking down once again, Spurs are in the same position they were during the off-season, tbh..a legit contender that is as good as anybody in the West, but a good trade/addition would clearly vault them to the top IMO..

Floyd Pacquiao
01-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I would so trade draft picks, marco and any end of bench guy's for ariza or amir johnson, tbh. /armchairG.M

Mikeanaro
01-10-2014, 05:18 PM
This could be the end of the Bonner era, can you imagine that? no more +/- king in SA.

Chomag
01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Potential players from those teams worth trading for: Richard Jefferson (Jazz)

:wtf

pad300
01-10-2014, 05:30 PM

Things I would inquire about

1) Dunleavy from Chicago for Bonner +1st
Why for Chi: They're tanking, he's old...

2) Landry Fields (TO) for Bonner and Nando
Landry is decent backup SF now. If he ever fixes his shot back to where is was 2 years ago, is quite good - and we have the best shot doctor in the business.
Why for TO : It get them out of Landry's contract ($13 Million over 2 years).

3) Trevor Ariza (WAS) for Bonner, Nando + 1st
Would be nice, but I'm not sure if WAS would go for it...If I were them I would want more value, although Trevor's an expensive expiring, who I wouldn't bet on re-signing if I were them...

Johnsyounger
01-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Asik????
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/26371/20140110/omer-asik-trade-rumors-san-antonio-spurs-deadline-move-option.htm

ChumpDumper
01-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Asik????
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/26371/20140110/omer-asik-trade-rumors-san-antonio-spurs-deadline-move-option.htm"Duncan has a player option next season worth over $10 million and Parker has $3.5 million of his $12.5 million salary guaranteed next year and that could make for some interesting moves to help get the team to the championship again."

That intimates trading Duncan or Parker.

lol

RD2191
01-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Oh my God that stupid record thing is so annoying, the Spurs never do well against elite teams in the reg season. We always struggled against the Clips and the Spurs swept their asses a couple of season ago. Its as if these sports writers don't know shit about the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
We'll end up almost getting something done but not, waiving Nando and signing Cartier Martin.

ace3g
01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I can see why Spurs are aggressively looking for a trade...

D-League Showcase Second Team: Seth Curry, Nando De Colo, Dewayne Dedmon, Devin Ebanks, Trey McKinney-Jones.

D-League Showcase Third Team: Robert Covington, Ron Howard, Malcolm Thomas, DeAndre Liggins, K.C. Rivers.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I hope we see more of the Parker/Green/Leonard/Diaw/Duncan combination before they make a potential move, tbh..

Spurs have looked dominant this year with that combination, and Leonard has looked like the player we expected when he's playing without both Splitter/Duncan with him, tbh..

The only glaring hole on this Spurs team is a 3rd defender to go along with Leonard/Green, tbh..whether its a perimeter player to defend 1s/2s, or a guy to defend 3s/4s, it would be nice to have another defensive option(considering Manu is too old and Beli is atrocious on defense)..

I don't think they would have to break the bank for that type of player, tbh..

Even a D-leaguer like James Johnson, Patrick Beverly and Danny Green can fill that role. I hope Thomas gets a chance to show what he can do as a combo-forward.

I also think Pop is trying to sneak Joseph back into the rotation. Mills is not really built for the playoffs.

SupremeGuy
01-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Only players I'd trade are De Colo, CoJo, Bonner, and Ayres. Maybe Green if he doesn't get his shit back together soon.

HarlemHeat37
01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Even a D-leaguer like James Johnson, Patrick Beverly and Danny Green can fill that role. I hope Thomas gets a chance to show what he can do as a combo-forward.

I also think Pop is trying to sneak Joseph back into the rotation. Mills is not really built for the playoffs.

I agree, James Johnson has been great in Memphis and looks to have made significant progress offensively..

I really hope Joseph isn't in the rotation, tbh, he just isn't an NBA rotation player IMO..

RD2191
01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
I think CoJo just needs playing time. Look at Ayres, he was trash at the beginning of the season and now he's at least decent. For some reason Pop just hasn't given him time, same with DeColo.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
I agree, James Johnson has been great in Memphis and looks to have made significant progress offensively..

I really hope Joseph isn't in the rotation, tbh, he just isn't an NBA rotation player IMO..

I think it's going to happen, although Pop may just run no-point units to make sure all the wings get enough time.

mountainballer
01-10-2014, 06:54 PM
agree that Spurs won't trade any of the top 8 rotation players. (might be willing to think about a Green trade, but not without having a solution for the guard defense that Green provides.)
there is only one player type that could help immediately by taking minutes at 3 and 4. in no other area we will see changes. examples have been mentioned before. (only players who might be on the market b/c of the situation of the team) guys like Ariza, Wilson Chandler, Thad Young, Jeff Green. maybe some more. can't say who in fact could be had, but those teams will at least listen. Spurs pick doesn't have much value for those teams, but teams will take it. only real reason is cap relieve and this puts Celtics and Green up front and Young next. both contracts don't fit into the 2015 plan, but let's guess that Spurs will swallow the third year when they believe that player can provide significant help this (and next) season. Green might be more realistic to get, Young would give more help, considering his athleticism and defensive abilities. (could guard Griffin, Lee, Durant, West, Lebron). considering the Sixers long term plans, they might be more interested in the Spurs 2015 pick. might even take a look at CJ, their current options at back up PG are not really better. offer them MB+CJ+NDC+2015 1st. they might not bite, b/c hoping for better offers, but they will listen.

CitizenDwayne
01-10-2014, 06:57 PM

Agreed. Frankly, the little hunchback has had enough chances to show signs of improvement, and has never really impressed me.

Bruno
01-10-2014, 06:58 PM
A player who could be targeted, assuming Spurs are fine taking post 2015 contracts, is Ersan Ilyasova. He sucks this year because of injuries but he would be a nice fit with Spurs if he can get healthy again.

The issue for Spurs is that there isn't a lo of tanking teams ready to trade away good players for picks and expirings. Maybe it would change around the trade deadline when more teams will be sure that there season is over.

Mal
01-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Lol, at people thinking Spurs getting relevant player for pick and scrubs. Not gonna happen. Even though almost half of the league`s coaches or GM has Spurs past.

DesignatedT
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Can Ayers be traded?

venitian navigator
01-10-2014, 07:23 PM
If the target is Young, don't forget the aussie connection...Mills, Baynes and Bonner (plus draft choice) could be the price asked...

Chinook
01-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I like Ilyasova, and his value is and a nadir. But I'd only take him if Ayres was part of the package. It pretty much takes the team out of contention for a max contract in 2015.

Bruno
01-10-2014, 07:40 PM
If Spurs add a forward, I don't see them going after one without a 3 point shoot or at least a great midrange shot. Spurs don't have a big enough margin in spacing this year to add another player that can't stretch the floor.

objective
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
A player who could be targeted, assuming Spurs are fine taking post 2015 contracts, is Ersan Ilyasova. He sucks this year because of injuries but he would be a nice fit with Spurs if he can get healthy again.

The issue for Spurs is that there isn't a lo of tanking teams ready to trade away good players for picks and expirings. Maybe it would change around the trade deadline when more teams will be sure that there season is over.

yes, we are of the same mind. I posted this (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225702&p=7024581&viewfull=1#post7024581) about him a couple of weeks ago.

Ersan Ilyasova

I think he's a realistic candidate, mostly because he's been so terrible this year that his value must be in the basement when factoring in his deal, 7.9 a year guaranteed through 15/16 (400k of 8.4 guaranteed in 16/17)

He has been vile garbage this season (and hurt). Hell, just watch him play, he fails the eye test. The stats reflect it: His minutes are the same as 11/12 and 12/13, and his usage is very close, but the drop is staggering.

year - min, pts, trb, fg%, 3pt%, trb%, tov%, PER

11/12 - 27.6 mpg, 13.0 pts, 8.8 trb, 49.2 fg%, 45.5 3pt%, 17.6 rb%, 10.1 TOV%, 20.5 PER
12/13 - 27.6 mpg, 13.2 pts, 7.1 trb, 46.2 fg%, 44.4 3pt%, 13.9 rb%, 7.9 TOV%, 18.3 PER
13/14 - 27.4 mpg, 8.2 pts, 4.6 trb, 38.3 fg%, 21.6 3pt%, 9.5 rb%, 15.3 TOV%, 8.9 PER

That's a serious decline. 3PT % cut in half, disgusting (only shooting 14.3% in December!). Rebounds, cut in half, rebound% cut nearly in half off 2 years ago, TOV% nearly double last year, his PER cut in half the last two years.

Is he just stuck in a bad situation and quitting? Or is he just the kind of player who is so dependent on other players that he can't function on a trainwreck like the Bucks? Or was he a fluke? Or another foreign player with a faked age who is really 29 and is just declining a little faster past his athletic prime?

Either way, he should be on the table. If his 3 pt shot could ever come back, it would be on the Spurs. And his deal, while a dealbreaker for other possible suitors like Houston (keeping cap room for summer 2015), might not be that bad on the Spurs. He could be a Diaw replacement. Sure his deal would cut into the rebuild, but not enough to cripple them I would think, besides, he would be an de facto expiring.

As far as matching salary, Bonner and Nando is enough (or Ayres in place of Nando). The question would be is he worth a first rounder this year. Based on how wretched he's been this year, I don't know if he's even worth a first rounder. But just the salary savings to the Bucks would give them the opportunity to get to nearly 17-18 million in caproom not including their 1st rounder, which admittedly will eat up about 5 million of that. So perhaps Bonner, Nando, and a 2nd could be enough.

look_at_g_shred
Pop and Rc trolling NBA tbh..

Prime Time
Could San Antonio trade the rights for LJC yet? Ideally I'd want to keep Livio, but I could see Philly being interested in him.

TD 21
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Can't see them going after Young. This is a notoriously cautious organization and if they want that type of player, one could be had that lacks long term salary, wouldn't force them to re-jig their rotation, isn't good enough to gripe about a minor role (on a team of this caliber) in the short term and probably wouldn't cost them anything of value. I'm speaking of Marvin Williams, who's about as significant an acquisition as I can envision them making.

Sean Cagney
01-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Pop and Rc trolling NBA tbh..

This thread will go a ton more pages by the end of the night with some doing a trade machine and speculating who they want for so and so and % chance of it happening. I will believe a trade when I see one, doubt anything big happens.

r0drig0lac
01-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Could San Antonio trade the rights for LJC yet? Ideally I'd want to keep Livio, but I could see Philly being interested in him.
because they would be interested?

look_at_g_shred
01-10-2014, 08:33 PM
This thread will go a ton more pages by the end of the night with some doing a trade machine and speculating who they want for so and so and % chance of it happening. I will believe a trade when I see one, doubt anything big happens.
Co-signed bruh!

spurraider21
01-10-2014, 08:41 PM
you would hate to trade CoJo but are fine with giving up Belinelli? seriously, have you watches a spurs game this year?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 08:43 PM
you would hate to trade CoJo but are fine with giving up Belinelli? seriously, have you watches a spurs game this year?

eh, i know they're both young.. but i think cojo is planned to be apart of the future for SA (talking about him compared to Mills)

spurraider21
01-10-2014, 08:46 PM
eh, i know they're both young.. but i think cojo is planned to be apart of the future for SA (talking about him compared to Mills)
Cojo looks fucking terrible and has made almost no progress in the NBA.

mosdef17
01-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Jeff Green? Are Boston ready to mail it in?

mosdef17
01-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Cojo looks fucking terrible and has made almost no progress in the NBA.

Wow. Clueless :nope

ace3g
01-10-2014, 08:50 PM
If Budinger looks recovered from his knee surgery, would you consider him an option?

Andthentherewas21
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
If Budinger looks recovered from his knee surgery, would you consider him an option?

I would but IIRC wasn't part of the hold up surrounding the AK47 situation this summer due to the Twolves FO not wanting to "help" other West contenders (or at least the Spurs), so I'm not sure how willing they would be to trade Budinger, particularly for what the Spurs have to offer.

Captivus
01-10-2014, 09:22 PM
I think the key is to have enough room for a max player when the time comes. Maybe delay that 1 year but is risky.

monkeypunk
01-10-2014, 09:23 PM

After watching the playoffs last year, it's hard to say that Joseph is either, tbh.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I'd still do De Colo for Chris Singleton.

Chinook
01-10-2014, 09:28 PM
After watching the playoffs last year, it's hard to say that Joseph is either, tbh.

Joseph is physically built for the post-season, and his strengths are better suited for games that matter. Especially since this season, the bench has two play-makers (or will when Beli moves back). I think Pop really likes Cory, which is the primary reason why I think he'll replace Mills.

TheGoldStandard
01-10-2014, 09:33 PM
If the Spurs can move de Colo, Bonner and a third piece not named Tim, Manu, tony, Boris, kawhi or Marco I'm all for the trade to bring in another wing player with length.

Young makes sense since he is an athletic stretch 4 or a 3 who can play physical and he has a bit of knowledge in the system given what Bret brown is doing in Philly. The guy is young and has untapped potential.

Losing cojo wouldn't be a big deal and although I like mills he's not a point guard. Essentially Manu runs the point for the 2nd unit and his decision making has been better this season.