PDA

View Full Version : NBA: So when does LeBron surpass the GOAT?

thunderup
01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
My Lebron hate is well documented here. Despite all that, I can't deny greatness as it's being displayed. Lebron is the most efficient player ever. When he wants to D up on other players, he comes close to shutting them down if not he does completely. Though he had a little help from his friends, the championship won against the Spurs is one that catapults him over many players of the past. The Heat will win the championship this year and the next before finally losing after a four peat.

Anyways, Lebron will go down as the greatest ever after this year. I think his battles in the East, coupled with a hard fought seven game series with the Western Conference representative will be enough to put him over the top of MJ. Next years championship will just be an icing on the cake to one of the greatest careers ever.

:)

lefty
01-10-2014, 06:14 PM
no

Leetonidas
01-10-2014, 06:18 PM
If he rings four times in a row then he will be proclaimed the GOAT imo

Arnold Toht
01-10-2014, 06:18 PM
My Lebron hate is well documented here. Despite all that, I can't deny greatness as it's being displayed. Lebron is the most efficient player ever. When he wants to D up on other players, he comes close to shutting them down if not he does completely. Though he had a little help from his friends, the championship won against the Spurs is one that catapults him over many players of the past. The Heat will win the championship this year and the next before finally losing after a four peat.

Anyways, Lebron will go down as the greatest ever after this year. I think his battles in the East, coupled with a hard fought seven game series with the Western Conference representative will be enough to put him over the top of MJ. Next years championship will just be an icing on the cake to one of the greatest careers ever.

:)

Remember: as long as Duncan is at 4.

Clipper Nation
01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
:lol A couple of blowout losses without Alphabrook and now OP is hopping on the Bron bandwagon

Splits
01-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Guess OP broke out of his meth binge and quit fucking his mother so much

gnsf0946
01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
jinx thread?

Reck
01-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Miami will not ring this year.

Hell, not even sure they come out of the East the way Pacers are balling right now.

gnsf0946
01-10-2014, 07:17 PM

Hell, not even sure they come out of the East the way Pacers are balling right now.

and unfortunately the Spurs blew their load too soon tbh

AchillesHeel
01-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Lebron already has 3 rings in my book. Heat win the title this year. LeGOAT. LeClutch.

SupremeGuy
01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
He gave up his right to the GOAT title when he went to Miami to team up with his superfriends, tbh. And it kinda sucks, cause I was actually rooting for him to reach Jordan level.

Been a fan of his ever since he shut me up real fucking good his first game. lol I thought Melo was the "more" sure thing back then, especially coming off his title at Syracuse.

Oh well, such is life.

lefty
01-10-2014, 08:22 PM
He gave up his right to the GOAT title when he went to Miami to team up with his superfriends, tbh. And it kinda sucks, cause I was actually rooting for him to reach Jordan level.

Been a fan of his ever since he shut me up real fucking good his first game. lol I thought Melo was the "more" sure thing back then, especially coming off his title at Syracuse.

Oh well, such is life.
He HAD to leave

He didnt even have a Pippen-level teammate, just a bunch of scrubs around him

Then they signed a washed up Shaq

He had to go

HI-FI
01-10-2014, 08:33 PM
He HAD to leave

He had to go
true. and he's not as shitty a person as MJ and has much better court vision etc....but the Decision will stain his legacy. He just isn't as alpha as MJ. He needed Wade to be the older brother type.

I just don't see him surpassing MJ in terms of status, though I think Lebron will come close.

lefty
01-10-2014, 08:34 PM
true. and he's not as shitty a person as MJ and has much better court vision etc....but the Decision will stain his legacy. He just isn't as alpha as MJ. He needed Wade to be the older brother type.

I just don't see him surpassing MJ in terms of status, though I think Lebron will come close.
I think Lebron is Alpha

Not as much as MJ , but still.
MJ was more Alpha because he is a horrible psychopath TBH, Lebron isn't a shitty person like MJ as you said

He took a D-League team to the NBA Finals in 2007

HI-FI
01-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I think Lebron is Alpha

Not as much as MJ , but still.
MJ was more Alpha because he is a horrible psychopath TBH, Lebron isn't a shitty person like MJ as you said

He took a D-League team to the NBA Finals in 2007
he's gotten more alpha lately, chimping out on Chalmers, but I don't think he's naturally Alpha like MJ. MJ is top dawg to the point of being a bully, which I don't think is a good thing but it worked for those teams.

serious question, how do you compare MJ to Lebron on the PED scale? you think Lebron takes a lot and what about MJ? I never saw any signs with MJ but granted I was a kid.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-10-2014, 08:40 PM
By the media? It's inevitable.

By true NBA fans? Never.

and btw, he is not the most dominant player ever. MJ, and Magic beat him.

SupremeGuy
01-10-2014, 08:45 PM
He HAD to leave

He had to goDude, he got drafted by his "home" team. Stuff of legends, tbh. Like I said, if he was truly GOAT, players would have gone to him and not the other way around. I was rooting for the fucker. He seems like a really nice guy and all that shit, maybe it was just too perfect. But yeah, just my humble opinion.

lefty
01-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Meh Lebron gets shitted on because he joins Wade and the Heat

OK, then how come nobody has criticized Tragic Johnson ?

He said he would play 1 more year in college if the Bulls drafted him instead of the Lakers (coin toss), because he wanted to play with Kareem and the Lakers :cry :cry :cry

But it's ok, it's Magic, he is a big kid and has AIDS, so he gets a pass

As for MJ, after "The Decision", he said that he wouldnt have done it, but hen paused and said : "but those kids today, they have opportunities we didn't have"

So maybe if it was possible back then, he would have bolted after a few seasons

RsxPiimp
01-10-2014, 10:17 PM

Probably because he helped the Lakers win a championship as a rookie without the teams best player?

And as a bonus, he led them for a few more before Ebola got the best of him.

SupremeGuy
01-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Meh Lebron gets shitted on because he joins Wade and the Heat

He said he would play 1 more year in college if the Bulls drafted him instead of the Lakers (coin toss), because he wanted to play with Kareem and the Lakers :cry :cry :cry

But it's ok, it's Magic, he is a big kid and has AIDS, so he gets a pass

As for MJ, after "The Decision", he said that he wouldnt have done it, but hen paused and said : "but those kids today, they have opportunities we didn't have"

So maybe if it was possible back then, he would have bolted after a few seasonsMagic was great. And yeah pulled some shady shit but he still backed his shit up.

I'm not going to argue against your other argument, because you just sound like an asshole. lol

Lebron seriously had an opportunity to reach levels of epicness that would have rivaled Jordan. Instead, he went beta and joined the Heat. This cannot be argued.

Dude, I was pissed. I watched Jordan in the 90s and I thought Lebron had a chance to reach him in the GOAT conversation, but in my opinion, he threw it away for his friends. Which is honorable, in some way, but his entourage kinda screwed him.

Calispursfan11
01-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Lol be will not pass GOAT with multiple losses to the faggot D league Nyets lmfao

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2014, 12:56 AM
not even sure if his better then the guy who loves cocks on the fakers team...

whatever bron can do i think magic could do besides shooting the 3 or good efficiency, but nobody cares about efficiency since 2pts is 2pts no matter how you score it

FYM
01-11-2014, 07:31 AM

not sure why do you bring the he is not a shitty person as an argument for goat status

irishock
01-11-2014, 07:35 AM

Miami is coasting, Indiana is playing like their lives are on the line

monosylab1k
01-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Depends on what he does this offseason. If he jumps ship to play with other stars, it will look really bad. If he sticks with Miami and can carry them after Wade and Bosh have lost all usefulness, then GOAT status is inevitable. Or if he goes back home to Cleveland and carries that mess of a team to a couple of rings.

Even if he isn't GOAT yet, for sheer talent/ability/unstoppableness I'll take Prime LeBron over anybody in basketball history. Jordan can't compete with LeBron's physical dominance, even if he is more alpha and has more "killer instinct". Jordan vs LeBron one-on-one would be a bloodbath, Jordan isn't nearly strong enough to handle LeBron.

TampaDude
01-11-2014, 08:41 AM
When he rings at least 4 more times.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-11-2014, 11:57 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Manu-Fuck-LeBron.jpg

Thebesteva
01-12-2014, 02:47 AM

Lebron has all that luck go his way. Knowing his luck, the Pacers plane will crash before the ECF. I have yet to see Lebron overcome adversity, it has all gone his way.

Sean Cagney
01-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Lebron already has 3 rings in my book. Heat win the title this year. LeGOAT. LeClutch.

MJ had two threepeats so how does three in a row = GOAT?

Reck
01-12-2014, 02:54 AM
MJ had two threepeats so how does three in a row = GOAT?

probably would have had 4 straight had he not go into that retarded Baseball campaign.

When you think about it, MJ probably lost out on 2 extra titles because of his shenanigans.

Sean Cagney
01-12-2014, 02:57 AM
probably would have had 4 straight had he not go into that retarded Baseball campaign.

When you think about it, MJ probably lost out on 2 extra titles because of his shenanigans.

He might have had 8 straight if he did not so called retire!!!!! He for sure would have had 4 straight though. You are right he lost out on two titles and I know he did.

HI-FI
01-12-2014, 03:05 AM
I always assumed those MJ Bulls would've kept winning titles if MJ doesn't go on hiatus, but Steve Kerr said they were beat down after the third title. He doesn't think they would've won on their fourth Finals appearance, so I agree with Harlem that if Lebron wins it this year, on his fourth attempt, that would be serious shit.