PDA

View Full Version : movies that have made you cry

Lincoln
01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
movies don't usually make me cry, ill get the feels but never enough to cry. there are some exceptions tho-

Marley and Me- the GOAT saddest movie I have ever seen. dog lovers and owners I would stay away from this movie. even though you know its going to fuckin happen, its still pretty damn sad.

toy story 3-a lot of people in my age group cried during this movie in that final going away scene, you could hear that shit in the theatre. just represents growing up because Andy was in my age range from the time you saw him in the first movie (around age 6) to going away for college.

titanic- not sad now that ive seen it so many times but I was young the first time I saw it. Once again, its one of those movies where you know whats going to happen and yet you still sob like a bitch.

Any others?

DJR210
01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/Takeshi666/picard-facepalm.jpg

Rogue
01-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Independence Day actually made me cry when I first watched it as a kid. classic movies are classic, tbh :cry

Lost in Translation almost made me cry too, not just because I was moved but also that I was feeling direly painful and regretful at the moment, because I felt I had wasted the past ten years of my life :cry life would've turned much better and brighter for me had I fallen in love with her in 03 rather than 13 tbh.

resistanze
01-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Don't think I've seen a movie that made me cry. The end of Shawkshank Redemption was probably the closest tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Don't think I've seen a movie that made me cry. The end of Shawkshank Redemption was probably the closest tbh.
Brooks killing himself in Shawshank was pretty close for me. That part is sad as shit, no way to slice it any differently :lol

resistanze
01-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Brooks killing himself in Shawshank was pretty close for me. That part is sad as shit, no way to slice it any differently :lol

Yeah that killed me. I think that's why I was so emotional say the end - freedom!! :cry

:lol

johnsmith
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
This is a weird one, but Big Phish.

Made me miss my Dad.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-11-2014, 12:19 PM
the green mile

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Anything with Nicholas Cage

http://www.baconsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jalenroseniccagemovies.jpg

CubanSucks
01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
GALLIPOLI! Motherfuckers don't know. So close to saving his friend..just...couldn't run fast enough..

It's the closest I've come to legitimately crying but it was still just tearing up

jeebus
01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
http://www.baconsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jalenroseniccagemovies.jpg

my nigga

monosylab1k
01-11-2014, 01:05 PM
For whatever reason i get a little teary eyed at this scene in Children Of Men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzWTIexszQ

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-11-2014, 01:11 PM
There are plenty of scenes where I don't cry but find it too disgusting to watch, like in Apocalypse Now when they massacre the boat because the little girl runs to go save her puppy.

The military's hatred towards puppies goes back several decades, tbh.

Relevancy
01-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I went to see lone survivor yesterday, greatest fucking war movie I've seen. I almost cried at the end.

Thread
01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
"Dark Victory" from '39---Bette Davis facing her death as the finite number of days exhaust themselves..."I've died a thousand times." I God's.

---

"No Sad Songs For Me" from 50. A woman is dying of cancer. Her husband and young daughter do not know. Her husband is being tempted by another woman that he works with. It is this relationship where the film is freighted. The ending is decimating and yet triumphant as the woman dies on holiday in Mexico with her husband while at home the other woman is staying with the daughter and finds out as the husband calls to inform her.

---

The ending of "Dear John"---it's contrived & stupid, but, it never fails to move me to tears. & the Seyfried girl is heart thumping beautiful here. Sweet Jesus.

Good thread

monosylab1k
01-11-2014, 01:24 PM
"Dark Victory" from '39---Bette Davis facing her death as the finite number of days exhaust themselves..."I've died a thousand times." I God's.

---

"No Sad Songs For Me" from 50. A woman is dying of cancer. Her husband and young daughter do not know. Her husband is being tempted by another woman that he works with. It is this relationship where the film is freighted. The ending is decimating and yet triumphant as the woman dies on holiday in Mexico with her husband while at home the other woman is staying with the daughter and finds out as the husband calls to inform her.

---

The ending of "Dear John"---it's contrived & stupid, but, it never fails to move me to tears. & the Seyfried girl is heart thumping beautiful here. Sweet Jesus.

Good thread

Culbs, since you're too chickenshit to venture into thr NBA Forum i'll ask you here - would you call in to do another episode of The Mono Show? I'm thinking Monday evening.

jeebus
01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
There are plenty of scenes where I don't cry but find it too disgusting to watch, like in Apocalypse Now when they massacre the boat because the little girl runs to go save her puppy.

s:cryn but the surfer dude saved the one puppy and kept him in his life vest

Trainwreck2100
01-11-2014, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsG2S_1PRnk

Made it through the intro but seeing that shit just

Pixar's last great original movie, toy story 3 came out a year later and they've been shit since

DJR210
01-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Lol, thread modded

Lincoln
01-11-2014, 02:08 PM

:lmao

Lincoln
01-11-2014, 02:08 PM
I went to see lone survivor yesterday, greatest fucking war movie I've seen. I almost cried at the end.

It's that good huh? I've been lookin to see that movie

Lincoln
01-11-2014, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsG2S_1PRnk

Made it through the intro but seeing that shit just

Pixar's last great original movie, toy story 3 came out a year later and they've been shit since

Yea that was a great fuxking scene. Didn't make me cry but I had to hold back

The Reckoning
01-11-2014, 02:14 PM
lol at the youtube comment "who took all the pictures?"

:lol

200 miles
01-11-2014, 02:18 PM
No movie has ever made me cry or even misty-eyed...... except for Love Actually. I don't know why but that film made me bawl my eyes out.

Relevancy
01-11-2014, 02:18 PM
It's that good huh? I've been lookin to see that movieYeah its really good highly recommend it, it makes you appreciate life. Plus the realism is almost top notch, kinda like Private Ryan, but I prefer this movie.

Thompson
01-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Any man who's watched 'Old Yeller' and hasn't cried has no soul.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-11-2014, 02:31 PM
"Hachi". Richard Gere finds an abandoned puppy at a train station on his way home from the university (Gere uses the train to and from work). He and the Dog become best friends. The dog becomes so attached to Gere that he waits for him to come home from work everyday at train station, so they can walk home together. One day Gere dies in a tragic accident. The dog (not knowing that gere is dead) still goes to the train station, and sits in the same spot everyday, for the rest of his life, waiting for his bestfriend to come home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9ajy2MiOs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

200 miles
01-11-2014, 02:47 PM
"Hachi". Richard Gere finds an abandoned puppy at a train station on his way home from the university (Gere uses the train to and from work). He and the Dog become best friends. The dog becomes so attached to Gere that he waits for him to come home from work everyday at train station, so they can walk home together. One day Gere dies in a tragic accident. The dog (not knowing that gere is dead) still goes to the train station, and sits in the same spot everyday, for the rest of his life, waiting for his bestfriend to come home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9ajy2MiOs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

reminds me of that Futurama episode with Fry and his dog encased in dolomite

CubanSucks
01-11-2014, 02:51 PM

Then explain Lance's compassion. Can't forget Lance

Yeah its really good highly recommend it, it makes you appreciate life. Plus the realism is almost top notch, kinda like Private Ryan, but I prefer this movie.

Marcus Luttrell has said it stays true to his book for the most part. I wasn't gonna see it if not for his blessing. Mark Wahlberg playing a Seal from Texas is too good to pass up

Floyd Pacquiao
01-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Yeah I'm sure the writers got it from the book.. I had to fake a sneeze for that episode too.

jeebus
01-11-2014, 03:01 PM
son fuck that episode with a thousand dildos for making me tear up

Thread
01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Culbs, i'll ask you here - would you call in to do another episode of The Mono Show? I'm thinking Monday evening.

Of course I will.

baseline bum
01-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Goodfellas when Tommy thought he was being made and instead caught one in the back of the head :cry

Chris
01-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Some of ya'll are full of shit, and it's ok to cry :lol

Old Yeller is a given. Forrest Gump and Green Mile come to mind. Last of the Mohicans, Land Before Time when the mom dies...Philadelphia...lots more and all of them were great movies.

Thread
01-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Anything with Nicholas Cage

Ain't that the truth. Though this reminds me of a good tear jerker type movie. The original "Wicker Man" '73...Edward Woodward plays the role of the police detective. This is an incredibly frightening motion picture. And it's done without the cut & slash.

Though it is terribly sad at the end when Woodward comes to the realization that he is going to be burned to death as a sacrifice. Now, an actor has to go there---because of course he's not being killed, but, a good actor has to, must, must, must, must prepare himself to go there....and of course come back after the director yells "cut." Woodward does that here and it's gloriously effective. His attitude, his facial expressions, his body language when he comes to the realization that he's been lured to this isolated land for the express purpose (and none other) of being destroyed.

Lord-a-mighty.

Arnold Toht
01-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Of course I will.

Ha. That'd be interesting.

I hope your tear apart Spur asses with 6.

Thread
01-11-2014, 03:31 PM
The part in "Shane" where they pull up the tree stump. It's just such an honest moment in film and so delightfully lit and staged, the actors all in one place and linked in peace before the violence envelopes them all. The way Heflin and his wife (Jean Arthur) touch each other after the stump is pulled free.....she is so feminine though dressed in work clothes, he is so oblivious because he is just a simple farmer.....and Ladd "Shane" just a little uncomfortable, already the moment has passed and he's the "stranger" only freshly arrived hours before.

My God, American film is a miracle.

Thread
01-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Ha. That'd be interesting.

I hope your tear apart Spur asses with 6.

I'm gonna bring my blow torch from the basement. It's behind my barrel collection. I'm goin' up to the Home Depot and get some aceptaline tanks filled. When I'm done that place will need a paint job and shitload of screen doors.

Thread
01-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I've cited this part in many threads, but, I'll go again because I love it so:::

"Rocky IV." When Creed returns to his corner after getting absolutely lit up by Drago......now this is where Stallone steps in and finishes the scene and the Creed character. Stallone forgets nothing now. Nada, zip.....does he linke him with Tony Burton? Fuck no. Does he link him with himself "Rocky?" Get the fuck outta here. So who is it he's takes to the grave? Well, of course, it's his wife......the woman who has sided him thru 1-3......"Wouldn't you rather play the children than read hate mail?"........who sat there in the dressing room at the very limit of her endurance as Burton implores Creed in pre-fight ritual. It's her that he finds in the crowd as he awaits his final round after admonishing "Rocky" for even suggesting that he throw the towel. "You don't stop this fight, no matter what......No...matter...what." A 5 count ensues before he turns his head and finds the wife, who has now risen (like Glen Close would rise in white in "The Natural),,,she's not crying, but, her eyes have crested.

Sylvester Stallone

irishock
01-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Memento.. I felt for the Leonard character played by Guy Pearce. It's a joke he didn't win any awards for best actor.

Fpoonsie
01-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Several movies have gotten me misty-eyed. It's not too difficult.

However, I will straight curl up into the fetal position and WEEP when watching the interviews of the real 101st before each Band of Brothers episode. Holy god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Ke2bMYBFs

Chris
01-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Dances With Wolves when they shoot the wolf :cry

CubanSucks
01-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Land Before Time when the mom dies

Blows the stampede scene in Lion King out of the water on sadness level

Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Dances With Wolves when they shoot the wolf :cry

There's like 3 scenes in Braveheart for me. Saving Private Ryan, the scene with the medic talking about regretting not talking to his mom more..damn

Thread
01-11-2014, 04:39 PM
^There is something "phony" about "Saving Pvt. Ryan"---no offense to your opine(s), but, it's just two trite, too convenient, too cozy...like "Green Mile" is the same way. The differentiation between the classes is apparent in both films and it bothers me when I'm watching them and when I recall them. And I'll watch both time & again.

Thread
01-11-2014, 05:36 PM
There is a special part in "Saturday Night Fever." They're at the dance club and this time "Tony's" brother, who is a catholic priest has come to see "Tony" dance. "Father Frank Jr.," as his mother proudly refers to him is having a crisis of belief that he can continue as a priest. While he sitting in the club with Tony and his gang of friends who are head bangers and recreational drug pushers & users he is approached by the weakest of the gang. Now Father Frank is sitting at the table and is facing the dance floor. The kid is behind him on the same side of the table and is trying to get his attention to help him with his girlfriend who he has impregnated. Father Frank hears him, but, can no longer face this responsibility and is trying to tune him out. The kid won't be deterred though. Without actually giving it away, or, Father asking him the precise problem, the Father finally turns from freedom (the dance floor) and to this child (his flock)......and tells him...."You got this girl pregnant."

"Yes, father, that I did." The kid innocently asks Father if God would send down an abortion for her. Father tells him unequivocally "no" of course and the kid accepts this.

It's just an aside in an otherwise hedonistic motion picture.

monosylab1k
01-11-2014, 05:41 PM
^There is something "phony" about "Saving Pvt. Ryan"---no offense to your opine(s), but, it's just two trite, too convenient, too cozy...like "Green Mile" is the same way. The differentiation between the classes is apparent in both films and it bothers me when I'm watching them and when I recall them. And I'll watch both time & again.

agreed about Saving Private Ryan. It's a mediocre movie surrounded by a few absolutely incredible battle sequences.

Andy
01-11-2014, 05:48 PM
As a kid i cried watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjX7QJwzp-U

DJR210
01-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Goodfellas when Tommy thought he was being made and instead caught one in the back of the head :cry

I cried when Maury got choked with the phone cord.

AussieFanKurt
01-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Several movies have gotten me misty-eyed. It's not too difficult.

However, I will straight curl up into the fetal position and WEEP when watching the interviews of the real 101st before each Band of Brothers episode. Holy god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Ke2bMYBFs

Yeah same here - BoB is a sure thing

Proxy
01-11-2014, 08:52 PM
For whatever reason i get a little teary eyed at this scene in Children Of Men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzWTIexszQ

nice, Children of Men is fucking solid. Powerful scene

Proxy
01-11-2014, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmlNigifSI

AFBlue
01-11-2014, 09:20 PM
I randomly got choked up at the end of Up and The Last Samurai. Others where I've come close or cried have already been said...Shawshank, Private Ryan, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Green Mile.

baseline bum
01-11-2014, 10:37 PM
I cried when Maury got choked with the phone cord.

Because the hair-piece came off? :lol

Suspect
01-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Never cried from a movie cause I dont listen to Drake but i've cried from laughter plenty of times from the movie Kung-Pow

baseline bum
01-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Never cried from a movie cause I dont listen to Drake but i've cried from laughter plenty of times from the movie Kung-Pow

Chosen One!

I'm coming!

baseline bum
red clothes

baseline bum
That's a lot of nuts!

Suspect
01-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Chosen One!

I'm coming!

red clothes

That's a lot of nuts!

I HOPE THEY HAVE ICEES!

baseline bum
01-11-2014, 10:45 PM
It will be significant.

Thread
01-11-2014, 11:31 PM
It's convoluted & completely absurd, but, I always cry at the end of "Indecent Proposal." And though it is all the things I state in my first sentence, what is said twixt the two then on that pier is honest & a revelation. They once again perform their marriage vows. He takes the lion's share of blame for it all by countering with a soft & incredulous query to her vow of love for him..."Still?"...She takes what is left of the blame by the simple recantation of all that's they've suffered..."Always."

Harrelson then reclines the back of his head to the wooden bench as Orbison's rare recording of "A Love So Beautiful" goes over the credit. I have it on the DVR and once a month I imbibe.

CuckingFunt
01-11-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm naturally empathetic, so pretty much any movie or TV show that has people crying also makes me cry. They don't always make me genuinely sad or touched (that's far more difficult and takes far more skill), but they make me cry. Even movies I flat out hate, fucking Seven Pounds for example, can make me cry like an idiot.

CitizenDwayne
01-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

redzero
01-12-2014, 12:45 AM
^ That movie is infuriating.

TV shows -

Futurama episodes "Jurassic Bark" and "Luck of The Fryrish."

I don't remember watching all of the Fresh Prince episode, "Papa's Got A Brand New Excuse," but I don't want to after seeing that last scene on YouTube.

Movies-

Schindler's List

The Pianist - Not nearly as sad as Schindler's List, though.

Chinatown - The ending.

The Lives of Others - "No, it's for me." Anybody who saw this movie knows what I am talking about.

Most of these were sad, but "Jurassic Bark" and especially "Luck of the Fryrish" get me.

DJR210
01-12-2014, 01:46 AM
Because the hair-piece came off? :lol

Yeah, that's fucked up.

.G.
01-12-2014, 05:06 AM
http://youtu.be/jiOzfyliNzE

3:20 mark

Chi:cryf

LoneStarState'sPride
01-12-2014, 07:03 AM
--Opening scene of "Up"

--That scene from Toy Story 3

--For some reason, Forrest Gump's speech at Jenny's gravesite

Probably a few I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

CavsSuperFan
01-12-2014, 07:50 AM
I cry every time I see Captain Von Trapp sing Edelweiss in The Sound of Music…

Also Planes Trains and Automobiles where Steve Martin realizes that John Candy has nowhere to spend thanksgiving so he drives back to the train station and finds him and invites him over…(I understand that this is pure fantasy. People that have families and make lots of money would never give a “loser” the time of day. But still it’s a nice thought…)

CavsSuperFan
01-12-2014, 07:54 AM
The part in "Shane" where they pull up the tree stump. It's just such an honest moment in film and so delightfully lit and staged, the actors all in one place and linked in peace before the violence envelopes them all. The way Heflin and his wife (Jean Arthur) touch each other after the stump is pulled free.....she is so feminine though dressed in work clothes, he is so oblivious because he is just a simple farmer.....and Ladd "Shane" just a little uncomfortable, already the moment has passed and he's the "stranger" only freshly arrived hours before.

My God, American film is a miracle.

That is very very deep...I just remember that weird looking kid yelling Come Back Shane, Come Back!
Still gives me the creeps...

LoneStarState'sPride
01-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Just thought of another one: the scene in We Are Marshall where the guy keeps shouting that his shoulder is fine.

benefactor
01-12-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm naturally empathetic, so pretty much any movie or TV show that has people crying also makes me cry. They don't always make me genuinely sad or touched (that's far more difficult and takes far more skill), but they make me cry. Even movies I flat out hate, fucking Seven Pounds for example, can make me cry like an idiot.
My wife is the same. Even if she's seen the movie a million times she will cry every time.

benefactor
01-12-2014, 08:41 AM
And yes, the opening scene of Up caught me off guard and I damn near teared up. You just don't expect that at the beginning of a cartoon.

cute_spursfan
01-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Duncan's post-game press conference>>>>>any sad movie

(game 6iixx)

Thread
01-12-2014, 11:08 AM
That is very very deep...I just remember that weird looking kid yelling Come Back Shane, Come Back!
Still gives me the creeps...

Well, the kid (Brandon DeWilde) was cast correctly and then depicted accurately...he wasn't dressed to the 9's in the middle of the Montana frontier. No, he was in ill fitting clothes of a farmer's young son. He was isolated there and new adventure has come to his world. He's been around his parents his entire young life and they love and care for him deeply. They're quality people and stewards of his life. This upbringing pays off when he's able to decipher what kind of man "Shane" is. That's parenting, 1800's, 1900's, wherever man dwells. It's timeless.

What he cannot decipher is the quandary that Shane has brought upon the family. Shane does, but, the child is too young here. "Joey's" mother has fallen in love with Shane and vice versa. Shane knows this and uses his killing of Jack Palance's character to not only avenge "Rebs" murder in the streets, and cleanse the community, but, then to extricate himself from the family--from the community before he damages this family, this community that he just saved.

Shane cannot Come Back!

FkLA
01-12-2014, 12:39 PM
John Q tbh

'I am not gonna bury my son, my son is gonna bury me.' :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2014, 12:40 PM
John Q th

'I am not gonna bury my son, my son is gonna bury me.' :cry

I forgot this one.

When he says 'Not goodbye, see you later' at the end of the movie......:cry:cry:cry

Phillip
01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
It will be significant.

ohhhhh taco bell taco bell product placement at taco bell enchurito MACHO BURRITO

FkLA
01-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Yep, a lot of touching moments in that movie. I am not ashamed to admit that I was completely bawling through a good portion of that movie tbh. :cry

Chewbacca
01-12-2014, 12:55 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/qskytx.jpg

Fpoonsie
01-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't remember watching all of the Fresh Prince episode, "Papa's Got A Brand New Excuse," but I don't want to after seeing that last scene on YouTube.

Holy shit. Yes.

jman3000
01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Terminator 2: When he gives the thumbs up.

Armageddon: When Bruce Willis blows himself up.

The Professional: When Leon is lowering Portman down the hole in the wall.

Thread
01-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Grand citation..."We win, Gracie."---only an American in an American film would claim {victory} vs. an inanimate foe. Absolutely.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Deer Hunter
Once Upon a Time in America (when James Woods pulls out the pocket watch at the end I welled up)...Ennio Morricone's score best ever
Cinema Paradiso
Road to Perdition - hated and overrated movie and didn't make me cry, but Paul Newman's death scene was so well done.
Raging Bull - La Motta's failed reconciliation with his brother towards the end of the film...fucking heartbreaking
Life is Beautiful - plenty of scenes, great score

AFBlue
01-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Grand citation..."We win, Gracie."---only an American in an American film would claim {victory} vs. an inanimate foe. Absolutely.

Fuck yeah!

Thread
01-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Once Upon a Time in America (when James Woods pulls out the pocket watch at the end I welled up)...Ennio Morricone's score best ever

Absolutely Deads...the scene where Max insists that he (Noodles) leave Deborah and come hit the shops as the Jews are in the synagogues is heart rending. They leave to go and thieve, but, Bugsy and his gang block the alley and beat them mercilessly. Noodles tries to return to Deborah for aid & comfort, but, she refuses to acknowledge him at her door. I God's.

Outstanding citation, Deads. Bully!

Thread
01-12-2014, 09:13 PM

& then when Thornton, knee shackled meets A.J. on the tarmac at the end and A.J. gives him the NASA "for all mankind" patch. It's a nice moment.

Trill Clinton
01-12-2014, 09:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEVEpHi6Doc

this scene had a young thug tearing up at the theatreshttp://i44.tinypic.com/15p5uhl.pnghttp://i44.tinypic.com/15p5uhl.pnghttp://i44.tinypic.com/15p5uhl.png

hittin' the switches on twelve and then bussin' at emhttp://i44.tinypic.com/2q8y2hf.png

Thread
01-12-2014, 09:18 PM
"The Champ"---the ending scene yes, but, also the scene where "Billy" gives T.J. the beautiful horse.

Here it is:::

-EJxCXidPzA

Thread
01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Made by a foreigner on American soil, it's such a fabulous effort at film making and story telling...the scene in "Deliverance" AFTER Reynolds has saved 3, perhaps 4 lives by taking 1---they each want to sell him out to a degree, even Beatty who has been raped hems & haws and actually considers going to the authorities before siding with Reynolds and Voight (who is shaky in his vote). This scene evokes such hatred in me for these 3 men who owe their lives to Reynolds. And it's so gd typical of what would most probably happen then and 40+ years later. Reynolds is just such a hero there. He'd talk the talk until that moment, teasing & tormenting Beatty and Cox, playing the macho American male and then by God he walked it...and in that process of walking he taught Voight to walk when Voight scaled the rock wall and committed possible cold blooded murder.

I God's, American film.

RD2191
01-12-2014, 09:35 PM

this scene had a young thug tearing up at the theatreshttp://i44.tinypic.com/15p5uhl.pnghttp://i44.tinypic.com/15p5uhl.pnghttp://i44.tinypic.com/15p5uhl.png

hittin' the switches on twelve and then bussin' at emhttp://i44.tinypic.com/2q8y2hf.png
Fuck, that scene might be right up there with the end of Scarface. Fukin gangsta.

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2014, 01:41 AM

http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/carmelomug1.jpg
http://filmscouts.com/zgifclip/set-off/set-off3.gif

Robz4000
01-13-2014, 02:36 AM
ST has good taste tbh. Lot of the movies mentioned give me feels and can sometimes make me tear up (notably Marley and Me, Forrest Gump, Up, Toy Story 3, My Dog Skip, John Q).

Some that weren't mentioned are Hidalgo (meh movie but some parts were well done) and The Road. When the wife leaves to off herself towards the beginning, and when the husband died and his son promises to 'keep the flame alive' got me tbh.

monosylab1k
01-13-2014, 02:58 AM
It's a documentary but the One Nation Under Dog scene of the dogs at the pound getting put into the gas chamber is as hard to watch as anything i've ever seen. If you can even get through it without puking, you will be crying.

Dark Gable
01-13-2014, 07:36 AM
The Colour Purple

UZER
01-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Never really cry, but tear up with a lump. First one off the top of my head:

Glory....."Give em hell 54!"

Gets me every time.

Thread
01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
^Yep, Ooze with the goods on "Glory".....another fine one from there:::"Ferris" (Shaw) asking for volunteers:::"And who will pick up the flag if it falls?"

ADDENDUM:::The Shaw Memorial was unveiled on May 31, 1897, amid a great ceremony. Among the speakers was Booker T. Washington, the president of Tuskegee Institute, who declared that his heart went out "to those who wore gray as well as to those clothed in blue..." More eloquent than any speech, though, was the moment when Sergeant William H. Carney, who had won a Medal of Honor for saving the 54th's national flag at Fort Wagner, came forward bearing the standard once more. "In dramatic effect, I have never seen or experienced anything which equaled this," wrote Washington. "For a number of minutes the audience seemed to entirely lose control of itself."

mrsmaalox
01-13-2014, 11:02 AM
GALLIPOLI! Motherfuckers don't know. So close to saving his friend..just...couldn't run fast enough..

It's the closest I've come to legitimately crying but it was still just tearing up

x 1000. This one does it EVERY time, saddest movie I have ever seen. I don't usually cry at chickflicks, but Steel Magnolias---the mother-daughter thing strikes close to home. And of course the Harry Potter's. I cried for all the great Wizards---Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks, Fred or George Weasley; and of course, Dobby :cry :cry

tlongII
01-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Forrest Gump. A lot of sad movies make me tear up though.

Thread
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't usually cry at chickflicks, but Steel Magnolias---the mother-daughter thing strikes close to home.

I agree here...cept Fields ruins this death scene because of her rejection of her husband (Skerritt) here & anytime she gets within a yard of the man. I know it is a method acting tool, but, Christ, by the time the Roberts girl dies I'm ready to do the Dutch.

I don't even know why I keep watching the damn thing.

Leetonidas
01-13-2014, 11:52 AM
tbh when I was a kid and I first saw The Iron Giant, I cried. Dem feels

irishock
01-13-2014, 01:40 PM
x 1000. This one does it EVERY time, saddest movie I have ever seen. I don't usually cry at chickflicks, but Steel Magnolias---the mother-daughter thing strikes close to home. And of course the Harry Potter's. I cried for all the great Wizards---Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks, Fred or George Weasley; and of course, Dobby :cry :cry

:lmao Harry Potter

monosylab1k
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
As a little kid i remember the "o captain my captain" scene from Dead Poets Society got me a little choked up

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Sean Connery getting ripped to shreds by a tommy gun in The Untouchables was pretty sad...great character, violent ending for him.

monosylab1k
01-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Sean Connery getting ripped to shreds by a tommy gun in The Untouchables was pretty sad...great character, violent ending for him.

Great scene tbh "Isn't that just like a wop, bringing a knife to a gunfight!"

The Batman
01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
The ending of American History X.

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2014, 03:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/OYVHS.jpg

Thread
01-13-2014, 03:11 PM
The ending of American History X.

But "Derek" sells out so badly that I can't get there when his brother is murdered in the boy's bathroom. He rolls over not because he's suddenly no longer enraged at his father's murder, the destruction of his family and the marginalization of his race, but, only because he's raped and can't take it anymore. He then proceeds to castigate the Stacy Keach character for doing pretty much the same damn thing (rolling over because he couldn't do the time).

"X" is a horseshit entry....though I'll tell ya the flashback Color/B&W dinner table scene(s) father living/father dead are absolute nails.

philldafunk
01-13-2014, 03:17 PM
http://gallery.sendbad.net/data/media/62/a%20perfect%20world.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2014, 03:28 PM
So many great scenes and lines in that movie (and yet another Morricone score). Like any historical drama it takes liberties with some of the characters/actual stories of what happened back then, but nonetheless it's almost a perfect film to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy3MtznDeqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2FekMaTQc

and of course the train station scene/homage to Battleship Potemkin

Proxy
01-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Hugh Jackman puts on a good performance in the Fountain... always tear up when Izzi dies and he's sitting on the bed.

The ending to Life Aqatic, when Steve finds the shark

Beasts of the Southern Wild had a few moments

Up in the Air and The Road. Lion King

Thread
01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=DeadlyDynasty;7068969]So many great scenes and lines in that movie (and yet another Morricone score). Like any historical drama it takes liberties with some of the characters/actual stories of what happened back then, but nonetheless it's almost a perfect film to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2FekMaTQc

Great score, Deads, but, alas, too truncated.

& the scenes that grip me each time are the part(s) where De Palma permits "Capone" to indict those who have come for him in such pussy & chickenshit MO's. "You got nothing." --- "Nothing but talk and a badge."

That's kind of De Palma.

timtonymanu
01-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Life is Beautiful - plenty of scenes, great score

:tu was just gonna post this. Saw it yesterday and cried at the ending sequence.

timtonymanu
01-13-2014, 04:51 PM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Toy Story 3
50/50

RD2191
01-13-2014, 04:51 PM
:tu was just gonna post this. Saw it yesterday and cried at the ending sequence.
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ThePresence/card.jpg

Joyrider
01-13-2014, 06:17 PM
typY725pjZ4

Unbelievably hard movie to watch because it starts so settling and calm then just twists your mind with how horrid human nature can get. The ending, if you seen it you know why, definitely had me near tears.

Also, I know it's not a movie but the ending of The Shield damn near had a guy bawling. I followed that show from the beginning and it still remains one of my top 5 shows of all time. The series finale is the most gripping, sad finale I've ever seen. Poor Shane, poor Ronnie and poor everyone outside of Vic. Having Ronnie taken off with him yelling to Vic "we were gonna go to mexico together!!" :depressed

CubanSucks
01-13-2014, 06:25 PM
It's a documentary but the One Nation Under Dog scene of the dogs at the pound getting put into the gas chamber is as hard to watch as anything i've ever seen. If you can even get through it without puking, you will be crying.

not as bad as the doc Dealing Dogs where the guy goes undercover at a kennel somewhere in Arkansas during the winter. The worst part was showing the outdoor concrete cages that they just wash out with a hose and put the dogs right back in with freezing temps. That gas chamber scene was actually a relief to me when I saw it because of the living conditions of the dogs in the other doc. Then again, the gas chamber scene's all I saw cause it was online

AFBlue
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Never really cry, but tear up with a lump. First one off the top of my head:

Glory....."Give em hell 54!"

Gets me every time.

Yeah that one got me bigtime. Great movie.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2014, 11:21 PM

The few times I've seen the untouchables I can't even take the rest of the movie seriously because Sean Connery using Italian racial slurs is so hilarious :lol

Only better usage of Italian racial slurs is in LA Confidential when Russell Crowe says "What do I get if I give you your balls back you wop cocksucker"

AmericanWoman
01-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Why did I get married.

AchillesHeel
01-14-2014, 07:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n_zk7e0ZU

DeadlyDynasty
01-15-2014, 04:33 AM
The few times I've seen the untouchables I can't even take the rest of the movie seriously because Sean Connery using Italian racial slurs is so hilarious :lol

Only better usage of Italian racial slurs is in LA Confidential when Russell Crowe says "What do I get if I give you your balls back you wop cocksucker"
an even better one was Jack Nicholson's "no use crying over spilled guineas" in The Departed:lol

DeadlyDynasty
01-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Absolutely Deads...the scene where Max insists that he (Noodles) leave Deborah and come hit the shops as the Jews are in the synagogues is heart rending. They leave to go and thieve, but, Bugsy and his gang block the alley and beat them mercilessly. Noodles tries to return to Deborah for aid & comfort, but, she refuses to acknowledge him at her door. I God's.

Outstanding citation, Deads. Bully!
Another great moment, Cub. This movie wins for me because it's even more heartbreaking the second time through (at least in some scenes). In the beginning when he's in old age and he visits Fat Moe's bar--there's a scene where he steps on the toilet to peek through a hole where he first saw and fell in love with Deborah (a young Jennifer Connelly)--kills me everytime I watch it. That, and th last 10 minutes of Cinema Paradiso I will not watch with anyone else b/c I'd be ashamed of crying

and monosylab1k (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5048), no mention of Half Nelson? You disappoint me:lol

NASpurs
01-15-2014, 04:54 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDwdxOlxJpGcW0k_Jei-TyUskzgkhAmhyodc4CW3HCQHlWprZW

Fuck this movie, fuck everything about it!

The Last of the Mohicans, The Pianist and Braveheart when it comes to movies for adults.

redzero
01-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Blue Valentine is sadder than Half Nelson. The last few minutes of Cinema Paradiso made me smile, not cry.

El Chorizo
01-15-2014, 07:36 AM
La Bamba.........."Ritchieeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!"

Thread
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Another great moment, Cub. This movie wins for me because it's even more heartbreaking the second time through (at least in some scenes). In the beginning when he's in old age and he visits Fat Moe's bar--there's a scene where he steps on the toilet to peek through a hole where he first saw and fell in love with Deborah (a young Jennifer Connelly)--kills me everytime I watch it.

It is indeed a true treasure, Deads.

It's sad the way the neighborhood changes...and the once bustling Jewish Deli is near silent now, some of the rooms cemented off. It's a bar now, teeming with garish, vulgar neon advertisement for beer and spirits. Deborah & Moe's parents are gone now and their children are broken. Both have sold out.

The Gemini Method
01-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Up, Blue Valentine, Pay it Forward and that one movie where Macaulay Caulkin and that girl...My Girl, Grave of the Fireflies and Empire of the Sun are pretty sad--almost shed a tear watching those.

mrsmaalox
01-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Up, Blue Valentine, Pay it Forward and that one movie where Macaulay Caulkin and that girl...My Girl, Grave of the Fireflies and Empire of the Sun are pretty sad--almost shed a tear watching those.

Blue Valentine didn't make me cry but it is depressing as fuck.

ploto
01-15-2014, 02:18 PM
You macho guys going to claim you did not cry at this movie:
OfI_HT39eeM

The Gemini Method
01-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Blue Valentine didn't make me cry but it is depressing as fuck.

It shouldn't have made me cry--but I was going through the end of a long term relationship so it did cause my eyes to water a little bit. Brian's Song is definitely one of those that might cause you to open up the tear ducts especially if you're sports fan.

Thread
01-15-2014, 02:44 PM
You macho guys going to claim you did not cry at this movie:
OfI_HT39eeM

Yep. And the part where Piccolo is close to the end and Sayer's wife forewarns him over the hospital room telephone to: "Hurry, Gale."

And the fade out with the voice over by Jack Warden/George Halas is superb.

This original spares us what the remake did not...how cancer played it's vile game with Piccolo....left it up to the barrel chested Caan to give us a stern taste. And it was enough, a hint to the young of us viewing...the adult viewer didn't need to see it--they'd already been there.

Television should be proud of it's restraint there...their soul was intact 40+ years ago.

monosylab1k
01-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Another great moment, Cub. This movie wins for me because it's even more heartbreaking the second time through (at least in some scenes). In the beginning when he's in old age and he visits Fat Moe's bar--there's a scene where he steps on the toilet to peek through a hole where he first saw and fell in love with Deborah (a young Jennifer Connelly)--kills me everytime I watch it. That, and th last 10 minutes of Cinema Paradiso I will not watch with anyone else b/c I'd be ashamed of crying

and monosylab1k (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5048), no mention of Half Nelson? You disappoint me:lol
Even tho its easily a top 5 movie for me, I didn't really cry at Half Nelson. But that moment when Drey deals to Ryan Gosling is about as sad and depressing a moment as there is.

Thompson
01-15-2014, 11:39 PM
http://gallery.sendbad.net/data/media/62/a%20perfect%20world.jpg

I never saw this one, but a kid I knew in middle school was a 'stunt double' of the main kid when he was running through a field or something. Don't even remember the guy's name, but that was his 15 minutes of fame.