PDA

View Full Version : NBA: ESPN NBA Lottery Mock Draft Generator

LnGrrrR
01-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Ok, so I don't follow college much. But occasionally when using the draft generator, a team will end up with the first pick, and instead of taking Wiggins/Parker, they go with Joel Embiid or something. (It shows up if the Cavs win the first pick, fyi.)

Is there any chance of Wiggins/Parker not being the first two picks?

RD2191
01-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Anthony Bennett

RD2191
01-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Who the fuck saw him going #1?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Wiggins will be #1 regardless

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-11-2014, 10:12 PM
tbh if anyone doesnt take wiggins as #1 or thinks he won't be taken as #1 they obviously have never watched him play

Rogue
01-12-2014, 12:44 AM
wiggins will turn out to be the easiest #1 pick choice since 97' Duncan imho. People have been talking about Wiggins since before John Wall and Kyrie Irving were drafted tbh

AchillesHeel
01-12-2014, 05:19 AM
tried it, Parker goes #1 to Milwaukee, Lakers pick 2nd and pick Embiid, Wiggins goes to Philly :lol

Baam
01-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Embiid is the only one who can be picked above Wiggins and it'd be a legit choice...

Parker can't especially since he mostly plays one way.

RsxPiimp
01-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Embiid is the best prospect, Parker is the best freshman in the class, Wiggins brings a huge amount of hype thanks to his HS youtube videos.

-Between Embiid or Wiggins, I'm picking Joel because of his tremendous upside. He's a legit 7 footer with a ridiculous 7'5 wingspan :lol He's intriguing that's for sure. He's often compared to Olajuwon but he could also be the next Thabeet/Olowokandi :lol But really, a big man that can protect the paint and has shown great footwork will always pose a real threat to go off the board first.

-Parker is much better than Wiggins at this point, but his conditioning in college has always been a question mark. He has a great scoring instinct but scouts are having a hard time to determine if he's a SF or a PF because of his thick frame. If it gets worst then you'll have another tweener that will struggle to translate his offensive game in the big league. Best case scenario for him is a Melo-like career though I feel Parker has a much more sophisticated view of the game than Anthony.

-Now Wiggins is the guy that IMO will have the most electrifying rookie season. He's explosive that's for sure but if you have a legitimate 5 year plan, I just don't see Wiggins as that player that can turn a franchise around. He'll probably have a solid career much like Jerry Stackhouse who was also ridiculously hyped entering the league, but we all know how that turned out after 3 years in Philadelphia when all the highlight reels became useless and tiresome.

Darkhorse pick for me is Exum. The kid has incredible upside. 6'6, smooth, fluid with sick handles. Poor shooter however but he can work on that. Lakers will probably draft in the 7-12 range, I like LaVine or Randle. but if they ended up with # 1, go with Embiid and forget Parker or Wiggins.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Like I said.. Wiggins is the best prospect by far... he could literally be as good as Durant or LeBron if he is is brought up right.... His game resembles T-Mac. It's scary.

Buddy Mignon
01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm never wrong guys. Wiggins is a bust. Parker will dominate the league.

DPG21920
01-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Wiggins is no where near Lebron or KD. If he were that good, his team wouldn't be ranked 18th besides having some of the most talented players in the NCAA. Not only that, look at what KD did as a freshman compared to him. Look at what Lebron did in the NBA at the same age.

He has some nice physical tools, but he's pretty far behind Lebron/KD.

JamStone
01-12-2014, 12:14 PM
I look at Wiggins/Parker similar to Vince Carter/Antawn Jamison back in 1998.

Parker, like Jamison, is the better and more polished player in college. But there's something about Wiggins game and explosiveness that screams superstar. I think either or both could end up being superstars in the NBA. Or they can either or both just end up being good or really good players. I don't think either will "bust" at least one where they'll be out of the league after their rookie contracts or fighting for minimum contracts after that. I think at the very least both will end up being good NBA starters with 10+ year careers.

I haven't watched enough of Kansas games to know how good Embiid is, because even when I've watched a few, I've been focusing on Wiggins. But apparently, Embiid has only been playing basketball for 2 years and looks pretty advanced for such a short time playing. You add a 7 foot frame with great athleticism, and I'm sure he will intrigue a lot of teams. But he certainly would appear to be a risk.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Wiggins is no where near Lebron or KD. If he were that good, his team wouldn't be ranked 18th besides having some of the most talented players in the NCAA. Not only that, look at what KD did as a freshman compared to him. Look at what Lebron did in the NBA at the same age.

he is 18. it takes even the best years to mature their game. i guarantee whoever drafts him will be contenders for years to come. plus he's maturing his game in college... something lebron/tmac/kobe never did

DPG21920
01-12-2014, 01:06 PM
he is 18. it takes even the best years to mature their game. i guarantee whoever drafts him will be contenders for years to come. plus he's maturing his game in college... something lebron/tmac/kobe never did

:lol. Lebron didn't need to mature in College. He was ready for the NBA and "matured" into a top 5 player of all time. KD as a young freshman destroyed the NCAA. Wiggins has not.

Clipper Nation
01-12-2014, 01:12 PM
To be fair, Parker and Dook have been a disappointment too, tbh.... just lost to Clemson yesterday :lol

For all the hype about the freshmen, it seems to be complete teams (i.e. Arizona, Wichita State, Iowa State, etc.) having most of the success so far this year....

Katherine Robinson
01-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Wiggins is a gamble if you had Embiid and Parker left to pick from. Parker is a player who will give you what you already see, very good scoring. Embiid is a long term investment, he has all the makings of a potential superstar and just needs to continue getting better. Wiggins has all the tools to become the best in the league, but it is a large question mark of he will fill in his potential.

The other top prospects are all potentially top level talents who may become the best from this deep draft.

DPG21920
01-12-2014, 02:01 PM
People are way over hyping Wiggins IMO. He has potential to be good, but I don't see a best case scenario Lebron/KD type. His ceiling is not that high.

baseline bum
01-12-2014, 03:24 PM
LOL, I remember when Quincy Miller was the next Kevin Durant.

elmanutres
01-12-2014, 03:39 PM

You little shit. I told your fucking mother to not let you act like a retard on the Internet. Imma whip her ass when I get home boy. She is gonna fucking get it because your dumb ass.

unforeseen
01-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Lakers are projected to pick at #8. Tanking is progressing nicely.

01-15-2014, 05:34 PM

dallasmaverickslose
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
wiggins will turn out to be the easiest #1 pick choice since 97' Duncan imho. People have been talking about Wiggins since before John Wall and Kyrie Irving were drafted tbh

If the Cavs somehow got the 1st pick, I could actually see them not selecting Wiggins. The fact that they are the Cavs speaks for itself.

DMC
01-15-2014, 06:22 PM

This

People overvalue new faces, especially young ones. There are bench players around the league who would go first if they could re-enter the draft, and there's not a bench player in the league who could turn LA around.