pad300
01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_dirk_nowitzki.jpg
Born: Jun 19, 1978
Height: 7-0 / 2.13
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111.1 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country: DJK Wurzburg / Germany
Years Pro: 15

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki/career_stats.html)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, according to this, http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220819&p=6975412, the spurs have 8.2m in cap room this summer (assuming that Duncan opts in). The Roster would look like:

PG: Parker, Joseph
SG: Green, Ginobili, Belinelli
SF: Leonard
PF: Ayres
C: Duncan, Splitter

Dirk's a FA this summer, and his skills continue to make him the PF of choice for our system.

How does everyone feel about Pop, RC, TD, Parker, Manu and Leonard all showing up on Dirk's doorstep, and saying - "We want to cock-block the king, and we're the only way your getting another shot at a ring - how does 8.2 Million sound..."

I'm not sure Dirk'd buy it - he's been a Mav a long time, but god, I would love it if he did...

Bruno
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I doubt it. Dirk has said numerous times he will end his career as a Mav. Now, you never know...

Phillip
01-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Not happening. But if it did... 70 win ecstasy.

Richie
01-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Agreed with others, not happening, but what a team we'd have.

Having said that, I don't think it's clear cut that he'll retire a Mav. I'm sure many thought the same of Pierce, Olajuwon, Malone, Pippen etc...

Chomag
01-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Nah, dude is just unmotivated right now. I'm sure he is second guessing staying with the mavs with the direction they are taking that team. In other words I dont think he is as untouchable as he was a couple of seasons ago.

Spur Bank
01-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Nah, dude is just unmotivated right now. I'm sure he is second guessing staying with the mavs with the direction they are taking that team. In other words I dont think he is as untouchable as he was a couple of seasons ago.
What's your basis for saying this? "Unmotivated" and "second guessing staying with the Mavs" both fly directly in the face of everything I've ever heard about Dirk.

exstatic
01-27-2014, 09:59 PM
He's come out and said he's extending.

philldafunk
05-04-2014, 05:26 PM
That would be awesome, but probably won't happen

Chinook
05-04-2014, 05:40 PM
He'd only make sense if Tim retired this off-season. They'd be way too horrible defensively if they played together.

Richie
05-04-2014, 06:20 PM
He'd only make sense if Tim retired this off-season. They'd be way too horrible defensively if they played together.

Notsureifsrs. Of course we'd have problems defensively playing him with Duncan, but Dirk is still an All Star. We'd be unstoppable ofgensively with Dirk.

Irrelevant anyway, he's retiring a Mav and even on the tiny chance he doesn't, he'd go play with Lebron, Durant or Unibrow

Chinook
05-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Notsureifsrs. Of course we'd have problems defensively playing him with Duncan, but Dirk is still an All Star. We'd be unstoppable ofgensively with Dirk.

Irrelevant anyway, he's retiring a Mav and even on the tiny chance he doesn't, he'd go play with Lebron, Durant or Unibrow

Parker would probably suffer. But even if he didn't the Spurs don't need to be any more of a glass cannon than they are now. They can score just fine without Dirk, but Duncan is already enough of a liability by himself. The Spurs wouldn't just have problems defensively. They'd be horrible, like knocked-out-of-the-first-round horrible.

spurso
05-05-2014, 08:46 PM
The chances of Dirk signing with the spurs are .0001%. So what I'm saying is "We've got a chance".

Spursfanfromafar
05-05-2014, 11:53 PM
pipe ..meet dream..

bluebellmaniac
05-08-2014, 12:01 PM
The chances of Dirk signing with the spurs are .0001%. So what I'm saying is "We've got a chance".

LOL!!! Exactly... this is like reading on LakersGround about them trying to sign TD... so laughable...