PDA

View Full Version : Lone Survivor the movie

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2014, 08:34 AM
The movie is freaking intense. i don't know how the hell they could film some of those scenes without killing a stunt man or two.

Rogue
01-13-2014, 09:24 AM
It appears that the film was shot in a real SEAL team training camp, where trainees are really being killed. So they didn't kill any stunt man, but some seal-team trainees instead imho.

Relevancy
01-13-2014, 12:24 PM
best war movie I've seen, shit just leaves you traumatized afterwards. I had to use the going to the restroom excuse to get my shit together

boutons_deux
01-13-2014, 03:16 PM
At least the war in Afghanistan provided movie story lines (and lots of heroin, more to come, ask Vermont Governor), because all those taxpayers $100Bs and dead militaay in Aghanistan were always and always will be a huge waste.

Thanks, Repugs!

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2014, 03:26 PM
At least the war in Afghanistan provided movie story lines (and lots of heroin, more to come, ask Vermont Governor), because all those taxpayers $100Bs and dead militaay in Aghanistan were always and always will be a huge waste.

Thanks, Repugs!

Get back in the political forum!

jermaine
01-13-2014, 06:39 PM
This movie should get movie of the yr award. I dreamed about it an cried too. When dude got shot in the head laying back shooting hos lil pistol. So sad.

Buddy Mignon
01-13-2014, 07:25 PM
On my way to see this flick. Just wanted to say you guys are a bunch of bitches.

hehateme
01-13-2014, 08:10 PM
On my way to see this flick. Just wanted to say you guys are a bunch of bitches.

don't cry when you see your towel head buddy habib get his head blown off...

Buddy Mignon
01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
This movie started off slow. About an hour in I couldn't stand anymore of the kid ten rows up from me yelling and whining. His father shaking his cup of ice and narrating the show. I walked out and got my money back. Left right when they released the three hagi's and the goats. I swear... most niggas have no movie ettiquite to save their fucking life.

IronMexican
01-14-2014, 08:35 PM
It wasn't that good.

Spur|n|Austin
01-15-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm hearing great things, so I'll probably check it out this weekend while the lady is out of town. It's gonna be hard to top Wolf of Wall Street for my top film of the year so far.

This movie should get movie of the yr award. I dreamed about it an cried too. When dude got shot in the head laying back shooting hos lil pistol. So sad.

Maybe include a **Spoiler** tag next time son.

Splits
01-15-2014, 10:45 AM
This movie started off slow. About an hour in I couldn't stand anymore of the kid ten rows up from me yelling and whining. His father shaking his cup of ice and narrating the show. I walked out and got my money back. Left right when they released the three hagi's and the goats. I swear... most niggas have no movie ettiquite to save their fucking life.

That would never happen at a Naruto showing, Asians have much more respect.

CosmicCowboy
01-15-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm hearing great things, so I'll probably check it out this weekend while the lady is out of town. It's gonna be hard to top Wolf of Wall Street for my top film of the year so far.

Maybe include a **Spoiler** tag next time son.

uhhh...with the movie named "lone survivor" you should have a pretty good idea everybody but Wahlberg gets killed.

Spur|n|Austin
01-15-2014, 04:40 PM
uhhh...with the movie named "lone survivor" you should have a pretty good idea everybody but Wahlberg gets killed.

You're one of those guys who takes things too seriously and usually misses jokes huh?

Fabbs
01-15-2014, 05:23 PM
For those of us who find Marky Mark Wahlbergs being cast in anything requiring courage, grit, sincerity and some true manliness to be unsuffereable, does this script and cast overcome him?

For example in Invincible based on a true story about Vince Papale, a Philadelphia Eagles walk on, Wahlbergs pussiness and pretense did not get in the way much. Surprisingly.

How about in this movie?
If you're a Wahlberg slurper, good for you. Notice I'm directing the q to non slurpers.

Thompson
01-15-2014, 11:06 PM
I thought it was pretty good actually. Not 'great', but a good movie.

RandomGuy
01-16-2014, 12:48 PM
The movie is freaking intense. i don't know how the hell they could film some of those scenes without killing a stunt man or two.

I will probably try to see that at some point.

Just goes to show that reality can trump fiction occasionally.

DeadlyDynasty
01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
That was definitely intense

monosylab1k
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
The previews make it look like any other cliche-ridden shitty "America! Fuck Yeah!" propaganda war movie.

"You can die for your country, i'm gonna live for mine!" ..........vomit.

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM

Turns out, they did fuck up some stuntmen. The guy that jumped off the cliff, bounced off the tree to the rock and over the edge to the other rock broke all his ribs and punctured a lung.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/nov/21/entertainment/la-et-mn-lone-survivor-envelope-screening-series-five-story-jump-20131121

Biernutz
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Went to see it today. The stunt man work was some of the best. I thought the story line was good
with no phoney Hollywood crap thrown in. The end of the movie at the credits was very powerful
and a good tribute to these brave men. At the end of the movie when the lights came on, a young guy stood
up and thanked all the veterans in the theater for our service to our country. It was a nice gesture on his part.
I would recomond this movie but it is probably a little too intense for young kids.

SnakeBoy
01-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Just goes to show that reality can trump fiction occasionally.

Well it is "based on" a true story but it is very embellished. I enjoyed watching it and it is intense but I think could have been much better had they stuck closer to the truth. Adding in predictable Hollywood narratives makes it feel more like you are watching another Hollywood version of war story instead of a true story. They didn't go so far as to have Wahlberg bump into a hot chick and get laid during the firefight so I'll give them credit for that.

RandomGuy
01-21-2014, 12:17 PM
Well it is "based on" a true story but it is very embellished. I enjoyed watching it and it is intense but I think could have been much better had they stuck closer to the truth. Adding in predictable Hollywood narratives makes it feel more like you are watching another Hollywood version of war story instead of a true story. They didn't go so far as to have Wahlberg bump into a hot chick and get laid during the firefight so I'll give them credit for that.

I don't think "embellished" is the right word. More like "compressed". They couldn't show the entire firefight I would imagine.

AntiChrist
01-21-2014, 12:26 PM
The previews make it look like any other cliche-ridden shitty "America! Fuck Yeah!" propaganda war movie.

"You can die for your country, i'm gonna live for mine!" ..........vomit.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=5048&dateline=1385057506

It all makes sense now.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2014, 12:36 PM
I don't think "embellished" is the right word. More like "compressed". They couldn't show the entire firefight I would imagine.

Actually the "bringing him back from the dead" at the end was pure Hollywood hype. Marcus never coded.

.G.
01-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Went to see it today. The stunt man work was some of the best. I thought the story line was good
with no phoney Hollywood crap thrown in. The end of the movie at the credits was very powerful
and a good tribute to these brave men. At the end of the movie when the lights came on, a young guy stood
up and thanked all the veterans in the theater for our service to our country. It was a nice gesture on his part.
I would recomond this movie but it is probably a little too intense for young kids.

You gotta be fucking kidding me, right? You making this shit up?!?!? Did he give them the military salute, too?? I mean, i noez itz da internetz n sheet, but that shit ( if true ) is PURE FUCKING GOLD. Lost my vape hit from maniacal laughter upon reading that. But, thank you for sharing.

Film has propaganda written all over it, but hey, to each their own.

Biernutz
01-21-2014, 09:28 PM
You gotta be fucking kidding me, right? You making this shit up?!?!? Did he give them the military salute, too?? I mean, i noez itz da internetz n sheet, but that shit ( if true ) is PURE FUCKING GOLD. Lost my vape hit from maniacal laughter upon reading that. But, thank you for sharing.

Film has propaganda written all over it, but hey, to each their own.

It's something you will never understand.......I feel sorry for you......

lil'mo
01-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Nah, the whole thanking the military for their service thing is pretty gay

chunticakes
01-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Actually the "bringing him back from the dead" at the end was pure Hollywood hype. Marcus never coded.

lol @ shocking the guy when his heart was flatline.

Buddy Mignon
01-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Ok... went and saw this movie again after I was so rudely interrupted the first time. This movie is a total crock of shit. Bullets fly off honkies but they split wigs when they hit sand niggas. Nothing but a patriotic feel good flick to downplay the ass kicking they took over in Afghanistan. Only thing true about that story is we know they took a massive ass kicking.

DMC
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
It appears that the film was shot in a real SEAL team training camp, where trainees are really being killed. So they didn't kill any stunt man, but some seal-team trainees instead imho.

lol

I was there.

DMC
01-22-2014, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen it, but I hope it's not technically retarded. I hate when they ignore technical aspects of firearms and movement. Makes it stupid if you have an eye for that stuff. It's like going to watch a submarine movie with someone who was on a sub. They just roll their eyes the whole time.. "pfff... you cannot flood those tubes together..."

Rogue
01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
The SEAL team members are all elites, really no surprise you were there (on mission to destroy some enemy country's biological/chemical weapons probably), like Nicolas Cage in The Rock. Scientists and linguists ain't rare to be seen on SEAL team, and it also explains why you love guns so much imho (though your teammates probably never let you shoot in a real combat)

DMC
01-22-2014, 11:28 PM
The SEAL team members are all elites, really no surprise you were there (on mission to destroy some enemy country's biological/chemical weapons probably), like Nicolas Cage in The Rock. Scientists and linguists ain't rare to be seen on SEAL team, and it also explains why you love guns so much imho (though your teammates probably never let you shoot in a real combat)

I wasn't there, with SEALs. I was there, like THERE, that day... when they came in and killed all those trainees just to make a movie. I wasn't a SEAL, ever... not any special ops.

Biernutz
01-22-2014, 11:59 PM
I wasn't there, with SEALs. I was there, like THERE, that day... when they came in and killed all those trainees just to make a movie. I wasn't a SEAL, ever... not any special ops.

It was not trainees it was movie extras....Extras are expendable.LOL.......... The film footage was real and at the SEAL training
center at Conrado Island , San Diego. If you can't stand to be wet and cold with no sleep you will never be a SEAL. The military
channel will run a story on SEAL training and they go thru training that pushes you past your limits. They showed them in
a swimming pool with their hands tied behind their back and their feet tied up. They would sink to the bottom of the pool, then
push off up to the surface to get a breath of air......Some couldn't last long but the others would make the time limit.

DMC
01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
It was not trainees it was movie extras....Extras are expendable.LOL.......... The film footage was real and at the SEAL training
center at Conrado Island , San Diego. If you can't stand to be wet and cold with no sleep you will never be a SEAL. The military
channel will run a story on SEAL training and they go thru training that pushes you past your limits. They showed them in
a swimming pool with their hands tied behind their back and their feet tied up. They would sink to the bottom of the pool, then
push off up to the surface to get a breath of air......Some couldn't last long but the others would make the time limit.

I'm pretty sure I'll never be a SEAL regardless. I've had a few BUD/S but not that many.

CubanSucks
02-03-2014, 09:26 PM
pretty good movie. Definitely saw Friday Night Lights in this movie which was a distraction