PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Target

Flawless
01-13-2014, 06:24 PM
US retail giant Target says up to 70 million customers had payment card and personal data stolen from the company's databases in December - 30 million more that it first thought.Target said the thieves took credit card numbers, names, postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
The data breach began on or around 29 November, known as Black Friday, one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
The company said customers would have "zero liability" for any fraud losses.
But this hasn't stopped some customers suing Target, claiming that Target failed to notify them of the breach before it was first reported and did not "maintain reasonable security procedures" to prevent the attack.
"I know that it is frustrating for our guests to learn that this information was taken and we are truly sorry they are having to endure this," said Gregg Steinhafel (http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-provides-update-on-data-breach-and-financial-performance), Target's chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Target is offering one year of free credit monitoring and identity theft protection to all its US customers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25681013

Lol Target :lol

DJR210
01-13-2014, 06:28 PM
What does ST Target spokesman, Jacob1983 have to say about all this?

Reck
01-13-2014, 06:31 PM
LOL

My brother was issued a new credit card from Chase because his might have been compromised.

:lol Jacob1983 your Target days are numbered.

Flawless
01-13-2014, 06:35 PM
It gets even better :lmao

Target's data breach is much broader than once believed.The nationwide retailer on Friday announced (http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-provides-update-on-data-breach-and-financial-performance) that personal information on as many as 70 million additional customers was stolen as part of the company's payment card data breach. The information stolen includes names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses, the company said.
While Target spokesperson Molly Snyder said that there could be some overlap with the approximately 40 million people first said to be affected by the breach in December (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57616088-83/target-hack-may-have-hit-40-million-accounts/), the new total of people impacted by the breach could be as high as 110 million.
"I know that it is frustrating for our guests to learn that this information was taken and we are truly sorry they are having to endure this," Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer at Target, said in a statement. "I also want our guests to know that understanding and sharing the facts related to this incident is important to me and the entire Target team.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57617034-83/yikes-targets-data-breach-now-could-affect-110m-people/

Jeez, Target messed up big time for not handling the situation correctly.

Blake
01-13-2014, 06:44 PM
So when can I expect some decent savings on electronics?

Jacob1983
01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Do you think I give a fuck? I dream of the day when I wake up and the Umbrella Corporation is bankrupt. All I can say is bring it on.

Blake
01-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Do you think I give a fuck? I dream of the day when I wake up and the Umbrella Corporation is bankrupt. All I can say is bring it on.

Go to school, lazy ass

Jacob1983
01-13-2014, 06:51 PM
I already did and all I got was a framed piece of paper that says I graduated from a university and also 50K in debt. Thanks for playing.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Do any of you really think this will have an effect of targets customer loyalty?

I don't. They were open and honest, and anyone with above a room temperature IQ knows it can happen in this age to other businesses too.

DMC
01-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Do any of you really think this will have an effect of targets customer loyalty?

I don't. They were open and honest, and anyone with above a room temperature IQ knows it can happen in this age to other businesses too.

Translation: Imma still shop there

Jacob1983
01-13-2014, 07:34 PM
When you use your credit/debt card, you are taking the risk that some asshole that is too lazy to get a job is gonna fuck with your information. Best way to avoid that is to use cash or a gift card or don't shop.

Blake
01-13-2014, 07:38 PM
I already did and all I got was a framed piece of paper that says I graduated from a university and also 50K in debt. Thanks for playing.

Go back to school, get a specific degree, see if Target will help pay your way. Thanks for whining.

Jacob1983
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Sometimes, I wish I had the power to just give anyone that pisses me or shits on me a dose of their own medicine. That would mean I could give them some of my bad luck and if they have good luck, I get their good luck. Love to see how dem fuckers deal with some bad luck.

Blake
01-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Sometimes, I wish I had the power to just give anyone that pisses me or shits on me a dose of their own medicine. That would mean I could give them some of my bad luck and if they have good luck, I get their good luck. Love to see how dem fuckers deal with some bad luck.

:lmao bad luck

You're stupid.

Jacob1983
01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
All I can is be careful what you wish for. I am just saying that if I had the ability to give you some bad luck, I would do it in a heartbeat you piece of shit ass fuck.

Leetonidas
01-13-2014, 07:51 PM
^Pretty emo tbh

Jacob1983
01-13-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't care if you think I'm emo. I have no sympathy for anyone that enjoys shitting on people especially ones that are less fortunate. If you do me that way, I have no sympathy for you. Not an ounce.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2014, 08:01 PM
I don't care if you think I'm emo. I have no sympathy for anyone that enjoys shitting on people especially ones that are less fortunate. If you do me that way, I have no sympathy for you. Not an ounce.
Just remember, they are like first grade bullies. They have no self esteem, so they have to put others down so they feel better about themselves.

Reck
01-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Translation: Imma still shop there

:lol

Anyone with some common sense should stop shopping there.

The "this can happen in this day in age" arguement is very lame. Its like no shit Sherlock. Doesn't make it any less pathetic that they allowed such a massive amount of money and information be exposed.

CubanSucks
01-13-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't get the joke. Was it well known that Target had bad security or something?

only thing I found funny was OP using "LMAO" in the title and "lol" and :lol in the post. You must have forgotten the :lmao and :rollin

Spursfan092120
01-13-2014, 09:49 PM

This...exactly this. They got the news out..told everyone about it, and are doing everything to help and fix the problem. But they're still Target. They could tell everyone they've been screwing all their customers for years and they'd still come back. It's fucking Target.

Blake
01-13-2014, 10:37 PM
:lol

Anyone with some common sense should stop shopping there.

The "this can happen in this day in age" arguement is very lame. Its like no shit Sherlock. Doesn't make it any less pathetic that they allowed such a massive amount of money and information be exposed.

I'll go with cash if they start coming down on their prices.

Rogue
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
So it'd finally trigger you to make the decision to quit the retailing industry and come back to school. Definitely you deserve a more significant role in this society tbh. You're smart and well educated but you also need a stronger mentality in order to succeed imho.

Rogue
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM
The sad fact about this society is we are not getting properly rewarded according to our smartness and talent, but more often than not it's something else that rules our society - nepotism, bureaucracy, plutocracy etc... That's why so many well-educated ambitious young dudes are struggling with their lives, both financially and emotionally, while some others who only barely finished high school are making decent money. My nigga Jacob has every reason and right to complain, but apparently he needs to do more, which first of all is make a plan for his future imho.

Flawless
01-13-2014, 11:17 PM
I don't get the joke. Was it well known that Target had bad security or something?

only thing I found funny was OP using "LMAO" in the title and "lol" and :lol in the post. You must have forgotten the :lmao and :rollin

Forgive me, I don't really post much so on here.

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
The sad fact about this society is we are not getting properly rewarded according to our smartness and talent, but more often than not it's something else that rules our society - nepotism, bureaucracy, plutocracy etc... That's why so many well-educated ambitious young dudes are struggling with their lives, both financially and emotionally, while some others who only barely finished high school are making decent money. My nigga Jacob has every reason and right to complain, but apparently he needs to do more, which first of all is make a plan for his future imho.

He needs to learn how to get into Identity Theft, tbh..

High reward, lenient criminal penalties, tbh..

Rogue
01-13-2014, 11:44 PM
^ my nigga is too kind & honest to do that imho.

Jacob1983
01-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Identity theft is for pussies. If I'm gonna steal shit, I'll rob a bank before I steal someone's identity. I think I would do it like Clive Owen did it in Inside Man or how Nick Stahl did it in it How To Rob a Bank.

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2014, 02:03 AM
^^hmm, that post speaks volumes, tbh:lol..

Robz4000
01-14-2014, 04:37 AM
Tbh I shopped at Target on Black Friday and paid with a debit card. I'm prolly fucked.

resistanze
01-14-2014, 07:42 AM
^^hmm, that post speaks volumes, tbh:lol..

:lol tbh

AchillesHeel
01-14-2014, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g

this mostly affects white people, imo.

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Tbh I shopped at Target on Black Friday and paid with a debit card. I'm prolly fucked.

I don't understand why anyone would use a debit card.

mrsmaalox
01-14-2014, 11:14 AM
So when can I expect some decent savings on electronics?

You need someone on the inside who knows the deals! My kid works electronics at Target and he's always got the heads up on advertised and unadvertised specials. Last month he was bringing out some stock, and found some sale items that hadn't been put out, from about 6 months ago. He calculated the markdowns, got them approved, and with his 15% discount I got this awesome little camera for $50!!! :)

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/09/23/35020103_OVR_3_610x458.png

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Camera-System-10-30mm/dp/B005OGQXJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389715597&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+one+j1

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM
You need someone on the inside who knows the deals! My kid works electronics at Target and he's always got the heads up on advertised and unadvertised specials. Last month he was bringing out some stock, and found some sale items that hadn't been put out, from about 6 months ago. He calculated the discounts, got them approved, and with his 15% discount I got this awesome little camera for $50!!! :)

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/09/23/35020103_OVR_3_610x458.png

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Camera-System-10-30mm/dp/B005OGQXJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389715597&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+one+j1

take a photo of ur wet pussy to show me that the camera works, DO IT NOW

mrsmaalox
01-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Are you high? :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM

:lmao..

Blake
01-14-2014, 12:23 PM
I don't understand why anyone would use a debit card.

Me neither. Only reason would be to get some cash back.

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Me neither. Only reason would be to get some cash back.

That was my point. As far as I know you don't get cash back with debit cards. I use a cash back credit card for everything and just pay the bill in full every month or sooner if it gets close to the limit. I have over 2 grand sitting there in points that it earned that I will use on my next vacation.

Blake
01-14-2014, 01:01 PM
That was my point. As far as I know you don't get cash back with debit cards. I use a cash back credit card for everything and just pay the bill in full every month or sooner if it gets close to the limit. I have over 2 grand sitting there in points that it earned that I will use on my next vacation.

I mean using debit at the cash register similar to writing a check for more than the total in order to get cash in hand.

I don't do it often, but I'll probably stop altogether unless I absolutely need to.

resistanze
01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah, when I was a poor university student I had a habit of using debit cards, thought I was getting a deal :lol

I rarely use mine now. MasterCard for everything with cash-back. I get $50 cheques in the mail every couple of months or so.

Rogue
01-14-2014, 05:58 PM
using a credit card is just as risky as a young pretty bitch wearing a half-thigh long skirt, but no panties or shits at all. because when a flow of wind blows in and flips up the skirt, bitch's privacy is wide exposed to the public.

Reck
01-14-2014, 06:04 PM

My boy mincing no words. Went right for the target.