PDA

View Full Version : Colin Kaepernick..

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2014, 07:07 PM
This nigga has become one of my favorite players after he disrespected and took a shit on that pussy Cat Newton yesterday, tbh:lol..

Do you guys think Kap has the potential to be an elite QB in this league, or is he a product of having a top 3 coach/system and probably the most stacked team in the NFL?..

Lincoln
01-13-2014, 07:14 PM
He has potential to be a good QB tbh not elite though IMO. Didn't he have a sub 60% completion percentage this year? Not sure

He needs more touch on passes thkugh and sharper accuracy for right throws

Lincoln
01-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Most qbs could preform well behind that line and with those receivers. The fact that that passing offense is so shitty speaks a lot IMO.

MeloHype
01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Kaep sucks dude

Holden_Caulfield
01-13-2014, 07:35 PM
he's the most successful QB of the 2011 class thats for sure

HI-FI
01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Harlem starting a thread I thought about making.

I liked Kaep since draft day, though his swag is not something I realized, but I dig it.

As for him being elite, this has been an interesting year. I don't recall him being horrible, but he definitely had to be a game manager at times, but slowly this season he has been getting more confident and fluid. I think calling him a monkeyballer is in an insult and I've never agreed with it. He loves to throw the ball, just he is ultimately a playmaker type and so running don't hurt.

The reason I thought of making a thread is that very quietly, Kaep is something of a playoff warrior. He's had some notable badass moments in the playoffs already for his young career. I can't think of too many QBs who have stepped it up like he has. Maybe he wasn't vintage Montana in last year's SB but he was still in his rookie season as a starter and he didn't give up.

No doubt learning behind Alex Smith helped because Alex is cerebral and underrated, but biggest thing they've both benefited from is having a coach who gets the position and knows how to help them.

spurraider21
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Harbaugh is incredible. He's the only coach that rivals BB imo

Spur-Addict
01-13-2014, 07:41 PM
This guy has the best situation in the league. Top defense, but more importantly, he has all the offensive weapons a QB needs. Gore/Crabtree/Boldin/Davis.

spurraider21
01-13-2014, 07:42 PM
This guy has the best situation in the league. Top defense, but more importantly, he has all the offensive weapons a QB needs. Gore/Crabtree/Boldin/Davis.
not to mention the best offensive line in football. top 2-3 at the very worst tbh

Spur-Addict
01-13-2014, 07:44 PM
not to mention the best offensive line in football. top 2-3 at the very worst tbh

Indeed. Most complete team in all of football, hands down. For this team, the saying, "Anything less than a superbowl win", certainly applies.

spurraider21
01-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Indeed. Most complete team in all of football, hands down. For this team, the saying, "Anything less than a superbowl win", certainly applies.
not quite, considering they have to go through Seattle. its true that the seahawks don't have the receiving weapons that SF does (thus, they aren't as "complete" a team), but they've been the favorites pretty much the entire season, and got the home field that everybody talks about.

If Seattle doesn't make the superbowl despite having HFA, it'll be crushing. how much can this team really improve next year?

IronMexican
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Most qbs could preform well behind that line and with those receivers. The fact that that passing offense is so shitty speaks a lot IMO.
There's still that myth going on about the Niners having a good line?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Should we pull up statistics and see which QB has played better over the last three years, tbh? Or would you rather pull up Manning vs. Brady stats head-to-head?

Spur-Addict
01-13-2014, 08:10 PM
not quite, considering they have to go through Seattle. its true that the seahawks don't have the receiving weapons that SF does (thus, they aren't as "complete" a team), but they've been the favorites pretty much the entire season, and got the home field that everybody talks about.

If Seattle doesn't make the superbowl despite having HFA, it'll be crushing. how much can this team really improve next year?

To say that anything less than a superbowl is a failure isn't necessarily only allowed to be labeled for one team. More than one roster can warrant that imo. So, I wasn't looking to deflect from the expectations of my team. We can improve greatly at WR (largely with having a healthy Harvin, and adding one more WR in the draft or FA. Basically how SF improved at the position), and slightly at OL. But aside from that, we're pretty maxed out.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-13-2014, 08:13 PM
This thread will be perfect to bump once the 9ers beat Denver, tbh

spurraider21
01-13-2014, 08:15 PM
WR improvements can be made, but i'm not familiar with your cap situation. i guess you could just redirect Fitzgerald's money at another receiver

Spur-Addict
01-13-2014, 08:30 PM
He will likely be cut, but I doubt we spend that kind of money on another WR. He's owed 9 million next season, on top of Percy on paper for 13 million. We already have 122 million on paper with Fitz.

Spursfan092120
01-13-2014, 08:35 PM
My opinion, Russell Wilson and Newton are both > Kaep...just my opinion.

Robz4000
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Borderline elite is his ceiling and only as long as his athleticism lasts. His accuracy can and will improve and he's got a good arm. His problem is he doesn't have the IQ to read defenses at a good enough level to negate shortcomings unless he has good/great weapons. He's entertaining at least. :lol

I'm on the savior Colt McCoy's bandwagon with jeebus tho.

jeebus
01-13-2014, 10:46 PM
pussy Cat

rolf. well done :lol

anyone who takes a wet shit on Coon Newton and his bullshit is a gonna be a fan favorite. add the fact that Colt McWinner is Kraep's back up and the 9ers don't sound like a bad team to cheer for against avante's sex symbols.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Has potential, but he fucks up if you get contain. He really doesn't have to do much, tbh. His running game and defense are fucking good. lol

symple19
01-14-2014, 04:14 AM
Kap is continuing to benefit from a historically elite defense, top 3 coach, and one of the most underrated RB's in the last 25 years.

Put him on a marginal team and he would have lost his job this year.

The dude has regressed since last season, can't read defenses, takes too many sacks, and still hasn't figured out how to put touch on the ball...

He does have some nice qualities and the potential to become better, although if we're still having this same conversation at the end of next year then there's no hope for the kid, tbh

AchillesHeel
01-14-2014, 04:45 AM
He's a great athlete, but an average pocket passer. Give Cum or Wilson the same team and you'll get the same result at least. That defense and O-line is amazing.

Raven
01-14-2014, 06:36 AM
i think he has been flat out horrible the whole season, he would have lost his job on any team having even a decent backup qb. He has the best line in football and some of the more reliable recievers + TE out there, yet he had 300yd in like one game that wasn't green bay in his whole career. And don't give me the crap that he didn't need to pass, because if it does apply to wilson, it certainly doesn't for Kae. His attitude is not as bad as Cum's, but still pretty bad, he has regressed in everything since his rookie season and it's pretty obvious he can't move an offense. Gore, while still great, hasn't been producing on Lynch's level(forget stats, it's pretty obvious if you watch them), so i expect him to be stopped by seattle. If that happens, he'll have to bring his A game, and i think that's pretty bad. In conclusion, i consider him a bottom 5 qb in the league, ahead of guys like Pryor, Gabbert, Locker, but that's about it, he is worse then Cum and Wilson imho.

Robz4000
01-14-2014, 06:57 AM
i think he has been flat out horrible the whole season, he would have lost his job on any team having even a decent backup qb. He has the best line in football and some of the more reliable recievers + TE out there, yet he had 300yd in like one game that wasn't green bay in his whole career. And don't give me the crap that he didn't need to pass, because if it does apply to wilson, it certainly doesn't for Kae. His attitude is not as bad as Cum's, but still pretty bad, he has regressed in everything since his rookie season and it's pretty obvious he can't move an offense. Gore, while still great, hasn't been producing on Lynch's level(forget stats, it's pretty obvious if you watch them), so i expect him to be stopped by seattle. If that happens, he'll have to bring his A game, and i think that's pretty bad. In conclusion, i consider him a bottom 5 qb in the league, ahead of guys like Pryor, Gabbert, Locker, but that's about it, he is worse then Cum and Wilson imho.

Kraep > Cum tbh; he's better than any black QB not named Wilson or Campbell too.

AchillesHeel
01-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Kraep > Cum tbh; he's better than any black QB not named Wilson or Campbell too.

Compared to Cum this season, while Kraep threw for less total yards and on lower completion percentage, his QBR was higher and he had 21 TDs to 8 INTs while Cum was 24 TDs 13 INTs

Bill_Brasky
01-14-2014, 09:03 AM
At least he coverts third downs.

Ghazi
01-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Well this board considers QBs like Eli and Flacco elite so yea he'd be elite.

spurraider21
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Well this board considers QBs like Eli and Flacco elite so yea he'd be elite.

KoolAid Mans Brother
01-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Kaepernick finished 31st in the NFL in completion percentage this season. There are only 32 teams in the NFL..... I can't even comprehend how horrible that is. He also finished 20th in the NFL in passing yards. That's well below average.

It's simply amazing how people consider this guy a good NFL Quarterback. It's really sad how people can't understand the difference between an average QB on a great team and a great QB on an average team.

How can people be so stupid as to let the media determine what they believe, when all of the stats and facts are staring them right in the face.

Colin Kaepernick is a below average QB. The proof is in the numbers.

Spur-Addict
01-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Wilson 12th, with less weapons tbh.