PDA

View Full Version : Somebody has to show Parker love...

TheGreatYacht
01-13-2014, 10:26 PM
This guy is shooting over 50% and dumbasses on ST call him a chucker. Dude shows up every game in the 4th quarter bailing the team out. When Manu has a good game, people on here "pop one" but when Parker has good games they "turn the cheek" the other way. Just because he's not latino, people sleep on him. I bet that dork with the Kanye pic wont show up tonight lol.

Here's a tread to appreciate the greatness of Tony Parker.

Never see "Church of Tony Parker" get bumped, tbh.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Get real man, you're not making this thread to for Tony Parker..You're making this thread to bash on Manu..

I've already made a couple of Tony parker appreciation threads..

I would hope Bruno deletes this thread..cause you know he does the same shit when Parker gets called out.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM
The only time people get upset with Parker is when he goes heroball, tbh.

I'll never forget how annoyed he seemed when Green was getting so much attention last year in the finals.

spurraider21
01-13-2014, 10:31 PM
i'm a fan of both players tbh. we have the "manutard" crew including yourself and we have the enrique/hero crew as well.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
The only time people get upset with Parker is when he goes heroball, tbh.

I'll never forget how annoyed he seemed when Green was getting so much attention last year in the finals.

or Kawhi Leonard.

He's egotistical tbh..

he's got a players first before team mentality..He's never going to be remebered as much as Manu, timmy, Drob, Gervin etc..

Although he probably is the 3-4 best spur of all time despite his flaws.

TheGreatYacht
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Get real man, you're not making this thread to for Tony Parker..You're making this thread to bash on Manu.. I've already made a couple of Tony parker appreciation threads.. I would hope Bruno (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2449) deletes this thread..cause you know he does the same shit when Parker gets called out. What a joke. Is that why that "Parker hero ball chucker" thread is near 20K views?

01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
People shrug it off because this is just another day in the office for Tony. When Manu has a vintage game/season you want to savor it more because he's closer to retirement than Tony.

Robz4000
01-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Parker has played much better since the Memphis game tbh; he's shown flashes of last year's MVP level-Parker.

sananspursfan21
01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
can't we just appreciate all the players that make a contribution to the team?? It's always something with some of you posters on here.. the only player off limits is timmy and even he's been under scrutiny by some of you. Quit with the negative Parker stuff too because there's not many players out there in the league right now that can do the things for the team that he's doing. I know some of you are trolling and just trying to get a reaction but some of you probably genuinely hate the guy that bails this team out half the time and consistently gets double figures and flips the switch when the team needs him. hero ball? what else would you rather him do when nobody else on the team can buy a bucket?

sananspursfan21
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
oh, and good thread, parker deserves his due

TheGreatYacht
can't we just appreciate all the players that make a contribution to the team?? It's always something with some of you posters on here.. the only player off limits is timmy and even he's been under scrutiny by some of you. Quit with the negative Parker stuff too because there's not many players out there in the league right now that can do the things for the team that he's doing. I know some of you are trolling and just trying to get a reaction but some of you probably genuinely hate the guy that bails this team out half the time and consistently gets double figures and flips the switch when the team needs him. hero ball? what else would you rather him do when nobody else on the team can buy a bucket?

Exactly :tu

"Pass the ball to Kawhi" :lol

JohnnyMax
01-13-2014, 10:42 PM
NBA section of this forum has nicknamed him "Enrique" because of the Hero song

sananspursfan21
01-13-2014, 10:46 PM

in all seriousness it would be nice to get him involved but heck, he's one of em that can't buy a shot sometimes!

TMTTRIO
01-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Maybe it's because Tony's expected to have more great games consistently and to play like the MVP on this team. Manu's not the star player like Tony is so when he has a great game it's only going to be every once in a while.

SupremeGuy
01-13-2014, 10:58 PM
In all fucking honesty, I expect Parker to play at a high level.

Manu, not so much anymore. Maybe that's how a lot of people feel so when Manu breaks out, it's more of a story.

mute
That's the problem. He's been amazing for us, but the problem is that we can't win on his back. He's too small and is a matchup nightmare against teams we need to be to win a title: IND, OKC, HOU, and MIA.

apalisoc_9

in all seriousness it would be nice to get him involved but heck, he's one of em that can't buy a shot sometimes!

Dumbasses.

Only a dumbass can't see that they have poor chemistry..Tony is to blame.

barbacoataco
01-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Just got back from the game and Parker was great. He made the big plays when needed. Way underrated player.

01-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Dumbasses.

Only a dumbass can't see that they have poor chemistry..Tony is to blame.
I just meant in crunch time ***
Of course he needs to get Kawhi more touches but when the game is on the line, I only trust the big three unless the others are like wide open

apalisoc_9
01-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I just meant in crunch time ***
Of course he needs room get Kawhi more touches but when the game is on the line, I only trust the big three unless the others are like wide open

yeah you didn't watch the last couple of playoffs then..kawhi has been more clutch than Manu and Tony combined.

GTFO..

01-13-2014, 11:07 PM
yeah you didn't watch the last couple of playoffs then..kawhi has been more clutch than Manu and Tony combined.

GTFO..maybe more clutch than manu.... maybe! But more clutch than Tony??? Ha! Good one, bro.

And by bro I mean never my bro, pal.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2014, 11:08 PM
maybe more clutch than manu.... maybe! But more clutch than Tony??? Ha! Good one, bro.

And by bro I mean never my bro, pal.

LMAO...AT PARKER BEING MORE CLUTH THAN KAWHI IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

01-13-2014, 11:12 PM
LMAO...AT PARKER BEING MORE CLUTH THAN KAWHI IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/173/parker3_original.gif?1371613273

I like Kawhi but tbfh Parker wouldn't have missed that free throw.

Bruno
01-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Get real man, you're not making this thread to for Tony Parker..You're making this thread to bash on Manu..

I've already made a couple of Tony parker appreciation threads..

I would hope Bruno deletes this thread..cause you know he does the same shit when Parker gets called out.

You should read better.

The OP isn't bashing Manu. It's saying that Manu is more loved than Tony.

It's true that Manu is more loved/liked than Tony and you can't say it's because he has had a significant more important contribution to Spurs this past decade.

Reasons why Manu is more liked are quite obvious:
- Manu is more fun to watch play for a lot of people.
- Manu is a more likable people with a more likable personality.
- Manu speaks Spanish.

I see no reason to clsoe this thread unless it turns into an insult contest between Manu's and Tony's fans.

Bruno
01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
apalisoc_9, SpursFan313 stop with the insults, thanks.

01-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Tony put the team on his mf back and and Manu(he tripped on the play where ray Allen got open for three smfh) and Pop pissed it away

TheGreatYacht
01-13-2014, 11:15 PM
You should read better.

It's true that Manu is more loved/liked than Tony and you can't say it's because he has had a significant more important contribution to Spurs this past decade.

- Manu speaks Spanish.

I see no reason to clsoe this thread unless it turns into an insult contest between Manu's and Tony's fans.

This

01-13-2014, 11:16 PM
apalisoc_9, SpursFan313 stop with the insults, thanks.sorry, man.

Timnobili
01-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Telo Sico allah chingada OP!!!! Why you gotta talk down on latinos guey?!!! Quieres chingasos puto?!?! Meet me tomorrow at the corner of Zarzamora and Culebra. Im fvcking down puto!!

apalisoc_9
01-13-2014, 11:20 PM
You should read better.

- Manu speaks Spanish.

95% of yach'ts thread are Manu hating threads..This has an ulterior motive..But whatever you say.

Also, I made a thread about the similar topic a couple of months ago..I don't understand why he doesn't just post there...You delete most of my threads whenever it's remotley close to a Tony doesn't pass the ball to kawhi leonard thread..

RD2191
01-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Telo Sico allah chingada OP!!!! Why you gotta talk down on latinos guey?!!! Quieres chingasos puto?!?! Meet me tomorrow at the corner of Zarzamora and Culebra. Im fvcking down puto!!
Smh, never go full robdiaz.

Bruno
01-13-2014, 11:29 PM
95% of yach'ts thread are Manu hating threads..This has an ulterior motive..But whatever you say.

This one is in the other 5%, so far...

Also, I made a thread about the similar topic a couple of months ago..I don't understand why he doesn't just post there...You delete most of my threads whenever it's remotley close to a Tony doesn't pass the ball to kawhi leonard thread..

Well, there is a big difference between someone starting a thread about a subject talked by another poster a couple of months ago and between a poster doing a thread on the same subject after each game.

apalisoc_9
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
This is in the other 5%, so far...

Well, there is a big difference between someone starting a thread about a subject talked by another poster a couple of months ago and between a poster doing a thread on the same subject after each game.

Pretty sure you deleted a thread I made about Kawhi linking it to a three month old thread..

It's cool though..Whatever makes "upstairs" free of non-sensical talking.

I do admit I tend to go overboard at times though. Sorry.

Bruno
01-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Pretty sure you deleted a thread I made about Kawhi linking it to a three month old thread..

I've closed two of your threads:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226989
It was started 4 days after a similar thread on Parker ignoring Leonard made by you.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227562
It was started 3 days after a similar thread on Pop going with offensive lineups made by you.

And it's not like I've banned you. I've just closed threads and even linked threads to keep talking about these subjects.

DMC
01-13-2014, 11:40 PM
I'd bet if only Americans posted, there'd be no Parker/Ginobili feuds. lol Nationalism.

BadOne
01-14-2014, 12:27 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/173/parker3_original.gif?1371613273

I like Kawhi but tbfh Parker wouldn't have missed that free throw.

I thought we had it in the bag, but Kawhi missing that free throw isn't what ruined it IMO. Parker and Danny Green had a 2 on 1 situation against Ray Allen at one crucial point, and instead of passing the ball to Danny Green, Parker opted to hold it, prompting Allen to coral him and purposefully foul him. Sadly, Parker did in fact go 1 of 2 at the line during that session.

I think that's what killed it. That and Pop leaving Timmy on the bench when Bron went for the hero 3 shot and missed, only to have Bosh rebound it. The rest...well, we all know.

01-14-2014, 12:32 AM
I thought we had it in the bag, but Kawhi missing that free throw isn't what ruined it IMO. Parker and Danny Green had a 2 on 1 situation against Ray Allen at one crucial point, and instead of passing the ball to Danny Green, Parker opted to hold it, prompting Allen to coral him and purposefully foul him. Sadly, Parker did in fact go 1 of 2 at the line during that session.

I think that's what killed it. That and Pop leaving Timmy on the bench when Bron went for the hero 3 shot and missed, only to have Bosh rebound it. The rest...well, we all know.http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/211/RayThreeTie_original.gif?1371615698Manu fell, leaving Ray Ray open. That's what killed it.

edit: lol why would he try to snag a rebound from Chris Bosh instead of sticking to his man idk

gilmor
01-14-2014, 01:21 AM
I've closed two of your threads:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226989
It was started 4 days after a similar thread on Parker ignoring Leonard made by you.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227562
It was started 3 days after a similar thread on Pop going with offensive lineups made by you.

And it's not like I've banned you. I've just closed threads and even linked threads to keep talking about these subjects.

You should ban him..

cd021
01-14-2014, 01:52 AM

GTFO..

Leonards free throw shooting was atrocious in the post season. Especially against the warriors. dropping 16% FT from the regular to the post season. He also missed a free throw in game 6 and missed a board as well.

-37 points against Memphis at Memphis,a team that was 3rd in defensive rating.
-Hit game clincher in game 1 of the Finals
-Scored 25 on a bum hammy in game 5 of the finals
-Score 5 points that put us in position to win the title late in the 4th.

hater
01-14-2014, 02:30 AM
I been showing MVParker love. Its a no brainer. this team goes as far as Parker takes them. No ifs ands or buts.

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2014, 02:35 AM
Leonards free throw shooting was atrocious in the post season. Especially against the warriors. dropping 16% FT from the regular to the post season. He also missed a free throw in game 6 and missed a board as well.

-37 points against Memphis at Memphis,a team that was 3rd in defensive rating.
-Hit game clincher in game 1 of the Finals
-Scored 25 on a bum hammy in game 5 of the finals
-Score 5 points that put us in position to win the title late in the 4th.

He had a very Kobe-like series - meaning he hit a few clutch shots but shot poorly overall. Our "MVP" averaged 15 ppg on a horrific .472 TS%. That's flat out embarrassing. People want to blame his hamstring but what the fuck was he doing taking all those shots if his hammy was hindering his performance. Those shot attempts should have been going towards Duncan or Kawhi...both of whom were much more efficient than Parker.

Replace Parker with Chris Paul or Curry and Spurs beat Miami in five or six games last year.

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2014, 02:40 AM
I been showing MVParker love. Its a no brainer. this team goes as far as Parker takes them. No ifs ands or buts.

MVParker hasn't take us anywhere. Choked against the Grizzlies in 2011. Choked against the Thunder in 2012. Choked against the Heat in 2013. Point guards don't lead teams to championships and Parker's proof of this. We had a shot last year thanks to a resurgent Tim Duncan.

Sean Cagney
01-14-2014, 03:31 AM
MVParker hasn't take us anywhere. Choked against the Grizzlies in 2011. Choked against the Thunder in 2012. Choked against the Heat in 2013. Point guards don't lead teams to championships and Parker's proof of this. We had a shot last year thanks to a resurgent Tim Duncan.

Parker did hit that game winner in game one though and put us in position to win game 6....... Oh yeah Isiah and Magic would like to have a word with you sir! I know they were special players but seriously. Billups as well in 04 as their MVP of the finals but that was a good team.

cd021
01-14-2014, 08:02 AM

19.5 ppg on 46% shooting vs. the Grizzlies is choking? Who knew

Johnny RIngo
01-14-2014, 08:43 AM
19.5 ppg on 46% shooting vs. the Grizzlies is choking? Who knew

It's underwhelming compared to what his direct rivals were doing that same post-season:

Paul averaged 22/11/7 on 54% shooting in the first round in 2011. Rondo averaged 19/12/7 on 50% in the first round that year. They scored efficiently AND created for their teammates.

Story of Parker's career. Play like an efficient badass in the regular season(.551 TS%) then shit the bed when you have to play against playoff level defenses(.516 TS%). Compare that to Paul who's efficiency doesn't drop from reg season to post-season.

Solid D
01-14-2014, 09:09 AM
...When Manu has a good game, people on here "pop one" but when Parker has good games they "turn the cheek" the other way. Just because he's not latino, people sleep on him. I bet that dork with the Kanye pic wont show up tonight lol.

I agree that TP deserves many accolades and appreciation threads. He's a 5-time NBA All-Star, 3-Time NBA Champ, Finals MVP, Eurobasket Champ and MVP, & likely Hall of Famer. He is a star.

A bit of a mixed metaphor there with "turn the cheek the other way" but, no big deal. It brought a chuckle. :)

Solid D
01-14-2014, 09:15 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/211/RayThreeTie_original.gif?1371615698Manu fell, leaving Ray Ray open. That's what killed it.

edit: lol why would he try to snag a rebound from Chris Bosh instead of sticking to his man idk

Although Manu made lots of costly mistakes, I don't see trying to snag the rebound as one of them. Manu had switched off of Ray Allen when he was back-picked by Wade. So Manu had Wade & Danny Green had Allen. Allen started to jump for the rebound, also but really, it was a scramble and Allen was Danny's man at that point.

Brazil
01-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Out of trolling purposes, hero ball stuff makes no sense whatsover... Parker is our best offensive player, I do hope he shoots the dam ball a lot yes. On top of that, show me a chucker or hero baller with +.500 FG... I'll wait.

Does that mean dude is perfect ? no of course not, Parker has his flaws but except for Lebron and such who has not ? yeah sometimes he wants to do too much, I take that as a I want too much to help the team and I have difficulties to trust team mates more than I want to be a hero.

On the long list of apocalis9 whatever bs the "parker was pissed off regarding DG attention in the finals" is probably the worst stuff I read so far in this board and that's saying a lot.

pgardn
01-14-2014, 09:29 AM
He is the best player on the team. The most deserving of allstar recognition. But he cheated on Eva, hungout at a rapper fight and got glass in his eye, lays on the floor clutching his head after fouls, etc.... So people don't like him even though he is our MVP.

There has to be something to gripe about with a team who plays the best team basketball in the league.

EVAY
01-14-2014, 09:32 AM

I think that's what killed it. That and Pop leaving Timmy on the bench when Bron went for the hero 3 shot and missed, only to have Bosh rebound it. The rest...well, we all know.

Do you even realize that you specifically gave THREE reasons why the Spurs lost the 5 point lead that Tony Parker had given them in that game.

So it is hardly on one person alone, is it? You wanted him (in hindsight) to give it to someone else after he had been scoring the last five points that put us ahead? If someone else had scored those 5 points and Tony didn't give it to that person, he would have been crucified for not giving the ball to the guy with the hot hand.

I'm not even going to mention that it was Manu who went one for two in the last seconds because all of this is so f***ing TEDIOUS. It was a TEAM loss, after a team that was expected to never get out of the west got as far as almost taking the Championship.

EVAY
01-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Some of you guys might want to take a look at the local newspaper this morning at what Pop had to say about Tp's play last night. Popovich: "Tony was just spectacular, and it was more his defense than his offense. He really got into those guys, (guard Brian) Roberts especially in the second half. He did a fantastic job getting over and getting in front of him, making his shots tough. Just a fantastic job. On offense he ran it for us. Either he tried to score for us or he got it to people."

I have started spending much more time on SB nation than here because there is less hatred displayed for team members there than here. You guys are destroying this forum for real fans with the way you trash team members, and that includes those who hate on Manu, Tony and Pop.

superbigtime
01-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Sometimes it can be a little annoying when Parker feels he has to keep the ball and dribbles too long and takes a lower percentage shot, but he makes so many tough shots. Tony is the fuckin man.

Mikeanaro
01-14-2014, 10:01 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/924/211/RayThreeTie_original.gif?1371615698

Wow, from this point of view RoyRay made some nice footwork :rollin

01-14-2014, 11:01 AM
MVParker hasn't take us anywhere. Choked against the Grizzlies in 2011. Choked against the Thunder in 2012. Choked against the Heat in 2013. Point guards don't lead teams to championships and Parker's proof of this. We had a shot last year thanks to a resurgent Tim Duncan.Lol there have been multiple pg that took their teams to championships smh urine idiot

It's underwhelming compared to what his direct rivals were doing that same post-season:

Paul averaged 22/11/7 on 54% shooting in the first round in 2011. Rondo averaged 19/12/7 on 50% in the first round that year. They scored efficiently AND created for their teammates.

Story of Parker's career. Play like an efficient badass in the regular season(.551 TS%) then shit the bed when you have to play against playoff level defenses(.516 TS%). Compare that to Paul who's efficiency doesn't drop from reg season to post-season.
neither of the point guards you mentioned won a championship that year and neither of those point guards have a finals MVP.

Your takes are trash breh.

Diego20
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
You should read better.

- Manu speaks Spanish.

And the most important thing, Manu pass the ball.

look_at_g_shred
01-14-2014, 12:01 PM
So are we saying the theory about Parker's slow start was coasting? Or simply tired?

01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
So are we saying the theory about Parker's slow start was coasting? Or simply tired?

Maybe it was just a slow start

Timmy had a slow start too

Bruno
01-14-2014, 12:56 PM
And the most important thing, Manu pass the ball.

Whatever...

dallasmaverickslose
01-14-2014, 01:34 PM
This guy is shooting over 50% and dumbasses on ST call him a chucker. Dude shows up every game in the 4th quarter bailing the team out. When Manu has a good game, people on here "pop one" but when Parker has good games they "turn the cheek" the other way. Just because he's not latino, people sleep on him. I bet that dork with the Kanye pic wont show up tonight lol.

Never see "Church of Tony Parker" get bumped, tbh.

You ever going to show Manu some love?

EVAY
01-14-2014, 02:19 PM
You ever going to show Manu some love?

Why does someone who shows some love to one necessarily have to show hatred toward the other? It is irrational!!!!!

I prefer watching Manu to watching Tony. But I despise the hatred shown to Tony on this forum by folks who seem to live in a zero-sum world in which preference for one player automatically involves trashing the other, or waiting breathlessly in each game for the 'one-you-have-chosen-to-hate' does something that seemingly affords an opportunity for a GOTCHA moment, exclaiming..SEE...SEE...there is (insert Manu having a turnover or Tony missing a basket while someone else on the team was open) - that's what he ALWAYS does and that is why he lost us the 6th game of last year.

Personally, I am in favor of the moderators suspending posting privileges for anyone who calls Tony a hero-baller or calls Manu a turnobili. Or maybe just suspend the privileges for bringing up games 6 or 7 of the Finals series last year period!!

hater
01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Personally, I am in favor of the moderators suspending posting privileges for anyone who calls Tony a hero-baller or calls Manu a turnobili. Or maybe just suspend the privileges for bringing up games 6 or 7 of the Finals series last year period!!

thankfully free speech is exercised in this forums, at least for now.

People need to hear and learn what happened in the past. Manu cost us the championship and game 6 was the biggest collapse of a sports team in the history of mankind.

by your logic, should we go ahead and erase 911 and the Holocaust from the history books as well?

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Pop, Manu, Parker and bad luck led to the collapse in games 6 and 7, tbh..there's no need for the usual war between Parker and Ginobili fans, they both deserve a large amount of blame for the collapse, tbh..

cd98
01-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Man, we need to get past Game 6/7. Winning an NBA title requires luck. Don't forget that Robert Horry rimmed out a game winning three against us in 2003 that would have dramatically changed that series. That same Robert Horry hit a key three pointer in 2005 to get a key win in Detroit. Game 6 was not about players losing the game. The Spurs fought hard. Yes, they missed a few free throws. Lots of players, great players, miss free throws in the clutch. What happened in Miami was the perfect storm. If the two teams played the last minute of that game 10 times under the same conditions with the same line ups, the Spurs would win 8, but it just happened that this year it was one fo the years where everything went the wrong way. Our team played their hearts out, and they lost. They didn't get the breaks, and Miami did. No reason to hate on Manu or Tim or Tony or Green or Kawhi or any of them. Just grateful that they showed me that a team I thought was past its prime would be good enough to compete against the best team in the the NBA on the biggest stage and come within a few possessions of beating them.

cd98
01-14-2014, 04:10 PM
BTW, as much as our team has struggled to beat the best teams in the NBA this year, I can't help but think this team is better than last year's team with the addition of Belinelli.

Baam
01-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Pop, Manu, Parker and bad luck led to the collapse in games 6 and 7, tbh..there's no need for the usual war between Parker and Ginobili fans, they both deserve a large amount of blame for the collapse, tbh..

As well as Kawhi shooting free-throws like Dwight Howard... But Pop is the clear number one, from benching Tim to putting all the chips on Turnobili in crunch time...

hater
01-14-2014, 04:13 PM
BTW, as much as our team has struggled to beat the best teams in the NBA this year, I can't help but think this team is better than last year's team with the addition of Belinelli.

not sure I agree. Parker was playing at MVP level and Green was breaking all time shooting records. Not to mention Kawhi was playing a lot better as well. Sure the Ferrari gave the entire Spurs team a big jolt and new blood, but I'm not sure the addition of Ferrari outweighs Parker, Green and Kawhi's dropoff.

look_at_g_shred
01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
not sure I agree. Parker was playing at MVP level and Green was breaking all time shooting records. Not to mention Kawhi was playing a lot better as well. Sure the Ferrari gave the entire Spurs team a big jolt and new blood, but I'm not sure the addition of Ferrari outweighs Parker, Green and Kawhi's dropoff.
This statement holds true when referring to last season's playoffs. We haven't reached the playoffs this year so it's difficult to compare until the team is tested at the game's highest level.

hater
01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
This statement holds true when referring to last season's playoffs. We haven't reached the playoffs this year so it's difficult to compare until the team is tested at the game's highest level.

agree. but the comparison is THIS team vs. last year's. Potentially this team could be better, yes, but there is a long way to go.

cd98
01-14-2014, 04:26 PM

I do think Parker got off to a slow start. But he's been looking better of late. Green has had a drop off, but I think that may have something more to do with Belinelli's arrival. Kawhi is also playing better of late. I don't think his lack of production has to do with not playing well, I think it has more to do with finding his role. I don't think they run many plays for him. Guys like that will be inconsistent. I just see this team as being overall better. They are more dangerous in ways that they were not before. Again, it hasn't translated to wins yet, but when this team hits its stride midseason, I just have a feeling they will be really good. Cross fingers there won't be injuries.

cd021
01-14-2014, 07:02 PM

Parkers career playoff average is 19 ppg, & 46%. His assists takes dip, but thats primarily due to; slower pacing, playing against top tier defenses and of course sharing the ball on the perimeter with Manu and in the post with Duncan. Of course his TS% is going to dip. After the 1st round every opponent is usually a top 10 defensive team. No bad teams to inflate numbers, that being said his scoring efficency isn't bad at all when considering the level of talent he goes up against.

Paul has done nothing in the post season, funny you bring him up. The farthest he has gotten was game 7 of the semi's and lost to Parker and the Spurs in New Orleans. Throw in a 1st round exit last season ,against a team that struggled mightily to score, and being sweep the season before against Parker and the Spurs. His numbers are very impressive but Parker has posted great numbers later in the post season against superior defenses.

Rondo is a great play maker, but most of his success has been attributed to playing along side Pierce, Allen and Garnett. He hasn't been the driving force in a deep post season run neither has Paul nor has Williams.

barbacoataco
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Amen

sventhedog
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
this is actually called the "eva longoria effect"

1. people's tendency to hate people who seem to have it all--money,championships,beautiful wife, etc. either because they can't have it or simply feel better about themselves by expecting that "lucky person" to fail.

2. guys tendency to think they lost their chance at longoria just because parker showed up. lol.

EVAY
01-14-2014, 08:21 PM
thankfully free speech is exercised in this forums, at least for now.

People need to hear and learn what happened in the past. Manu cost us the championship and game 6 was the biggest collapse of a sports team in the history of mankind.

by your logic, should we go ahead and erase 911 and the Holocaust from the history books as well?

Actually, no. Your suggestion is an example of a reductio ad absurdam logical fallacy. My preferences reflect my sincere disgust with the constant reiteration of people's biases and prejudices.

My preference is a function of feelings (disgust, tedium, etc. etc) and therefore outside of the realm of logic.

Finally, the right to free speech is not without restraint. (Fire in a crowded theater, etc. etc.). I am merely expressing a preference for some restraint that appears unavailable to the individuals who will not restrain themselves.

And based on your logic, my free speech rights should allow me to vent those feelings ad nauseum with no complaints.

HI-FI
01-14-2014, 08:36 PM
+1

hater
01-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Finally, the right to free speech is not without restraint. (Fire in a crowded theater, etc. etc.).

You are seriously comparing mentioning game 6 or 7 to screaming "fire" in a crowded theather? wow

I am merely expressing a preference for some restraint that appears unavailable to the individuals who will not restrain themselves.

banning people for mentioning game 6 or 7 is showing restraint?

so by your logic, if that's restraint, being strict would be shooting the violators of your rule and taking their families to concentration camps :lol

Rebounds
01-15-2014, 08:47 AM
can't we just appreciate all the players that make a contribution to the team?? It's always something with some of you posters on here.. the only player off limits is timmy and even he's been under scrutiny by some of you. Quit with the negative Parker stuff too because there's not many players out there in the league right now that can do the things for the team that he's doing. I know some of you are trolling and just trying to get a reaction but some of you probably genuinely hate the guy that bails this team out half the time and consistently gets double figures and flips the switch when the team needs him. hero ball? what else would you rather him do when nobody else on the team can buy a bucket?:tu

wildchild
01-15-2014, 10:00 AM
We all know, Tony tends to focus more on scoring than getting his teammates (not named Tim) involved. Most people think that a true point guard finds a way to get his teammates the ball and making them better like Nash, Rondo, those PGs who facilitate the offense on the team, but Tony fits into Spurs system great.

His killer instinct in scoring makes a winning team, he was amazing vs Dubs/Grizz last playoffs, he's our best offensive player and one of the top three point guards in the NBA. :toast

Having said that, I still think he has weak chemistry with young guys like Leonard, Cory, it isn't a big deal if Spurs win.
You know, it's hard to find chemistry between stars and young players, but if Tony improving this chemistry would be a big help in playoffs.

wildchild
01-15-2014, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkMGrDuItY8

Tony's top 10 plays Finals :toast

01-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Pass first pgs like Rondo rarely of ever lead a team to an nba championship. I'll take Tony.

wildchild
01-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Pass first pgs like Rondo rarely of ever lead a team to an nba championship. I'll take Tony.

Well, Rondo wasn't part of Big3 (Pierce, Garnett, Allen) like Tony was, but agree with you, I choose Tony, too.

EVAY
01-15-2014, 10:39 AM
You are seriously comparing mentioning game 6 or 7 to screaming "fire" in a crowded theather? wow

banning people for mentioning game 6 or 7 is showing restraint?

so by your logic, if that's restraint, being strict would be shooting the violators of your rule and taking their families to concentration camps :lol

No, Hater, I did NOT equate complaining to yelling fire in a crowded theater. Moreover, I suggested SUSPENDING could be used to get people to change their whining ways. Suspension refers to a temporary situation. Banning is permanent. I used yelling fire in a crowded theater as an EXAMPLE of restraint upon free speech.

Your commitment to reductio ad absurdam fallacies continues with your suggestion that a strictness would be equated with murder and concentration camps.

FYI, a reductio ad absurdam fallacy is what is used when a debater does precisely what you have done, i.e., mischaracterize the position of another by setting upon false equivalencies along the lines of "Well, if you believe that this is good, then it only stands to reason that the most extreme position along the continuum of positions you have taken is also good". It is a logical fallacy because it is preposterous to assume that because one thing is true, the most extreme version of that thing must also be true. When a debater engages in logical fallacies in a debate, they lose points or are disqualified if it is done enough.

Hater I usually agree with your positions on most things. I am merely sick to death of all the carping on this board. I have exercised my right to avoid that carping by choosing to participate in other fan boards than this one during the games, because I don't want to be distracted during a game by trying to refute some of the more asinine comments during the game. I will continue to do that. In the meantime, I will also hope that moderation breaks out on ST sometime in the future.

EVAY
01-15-2014, 10:40 AM
dp

resistanze
01-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Replace Parker with Chris Paul or Curry and Spurs beat Miami in five or six games last year.
:lol Replace Manu with a corpse and the Spurs Beat Miami in 5 or 6 games last year

Diego20
01-15-2014, 12:57 PM
:lol Replace Manu with a corpse and the Spurs Beat Miami in 5 or 6 games last year

Replace TP with Mills because he can actually play D unlike TP and Spurs beat Miami in 5 or 6 game last year.

Brazil
01-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Replace TP with Mills because he can actually play D unlike TP and Spurs beat Miami in 5 or 6 game last year.

:lol dat troll

hater
01-15-2014, 04:05 PM
No, Hater, I did NOT equate complaining to yelling fire in a crowded theater. Moreover, I suggested SUSPENDING could be used to get people to change their whining ways. Suspension refers to a temporary situation. Banning is permanent. I used yelling fire in a crowded theater as an EXAMPLE of restraint upon free speech.

Your commitment to reductio ad absurdam fallacies continues with your suggestion that a strictness would be equated with murder and concentration camps.

FYI, a reductio ad absurdam fallacy is what is used when a debater does precisely what you have done, i.e., mischaracterize the position of another by setting upon false equivalencies along the lines of "Well, if you believe that this is good, then it only stands to reason that the most extreme position along the continuum of positions you have taken is also good". It is a logical fallacy because it is preposterous to assume that because one thing is true, the most extreme version of that thing must also be true. When a debater engages in logical fallacies in a debate, they lose points or are disqualified if it is done enough.

Hater I usually agree with your positions on most things. I am merely sick to death of all the carping on this board. I have exercised my right to avoid that carping by choosing to participate in other fan boards than this one during the games, because I don't want to be distracted during a game by trying to refute some of the more asinine comments during the game. I will continue to do that. In the meantime, I will also hope that moderation breaks out on ST sometime in the future.

I never said permanent ban either. There is such thing as a temp ban.

but I get your point and let's just agree to disagree brotha. :tu

sananspursfan21
01-16-2014, 03:48 PM
:tu

:tu

Tim_5rings
01-16-2014, 04:52 PM

:tu :toast

Three friends playing together over twelve years and more importantly with the same coach, I personally think it's truly beautiful (maybe it's unprecedented)
Enjoy, because after the Big three risk of being a big hassle
Everyone thinks that the solution will be Tanking, seriously, you really think that the next draft choice in the top 5/10 will be certainly a player of the class of Timmy, D-Rob, Manu, or TP
There are risks of bad picks without Pop and RC, maybe the decision will be bad
Risk of injury (Oden)
Bad draft class ...

People on the board have created animosity and rivalry, which certainly doesn't exist
They don't play the same position and are complementary in their difference

You can't just be like English soccer fans and support your team at all times, and not spit on all players or men we love a little less

Myself, I love the current roster, of course it can be improved but
It always gives me pleasure to watch them play

Spurs still play the best basketball of all NBA

BadOne
01-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Do you even realize that you specifically gave THREE reasons why the Spurs lost the 5 point lead that Tony Parker had given them in that game.

So it is hardly on one person alone, is it? You wanted him (in hindsight) to give it to someone else after he had been scoring the last five points that put us ahead? If someone else had scored those 5 points and Tony didn't give it to that person, he would have been crucified for not giving the ball to the guy with the hot hand.

I'm not even going to mention that it was Manu who went one for two in the last seconds because all of this is so f***ing TEDIOUS. It was a TEAM loss, after a team that was expected to never get out of the west got as far as almost taking the Championship.

Geez man, ain't accusing Parker of losing the series. I agree with you that it was a team loss. I'm saying IMO what killed the last chances we had. I concur that Parker is responsible for said lead. Barkin up the wrong tree there.

Likewise I don't understand all of the bashing on any of the big 3 round here. We'd have 0 championships without them. Parker might be the least favorite of mine out of the big three...that don't mean I hate the dude.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 01:57 AM

Get the hell outta here....... Period.

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Glad you're back TP9! Without you Spurs wouldn't of gone nowhere last year

Brazil
03-02-2014, 07:44 PM
People should also thank Parker for bringing Boris tbh

another credit nobody gives to him

Johnny RIngo
03-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Without you Spurs wouldn't of gone nowhere last year

Yes, Parker was great in the first three rounds. Then he pulled the biggest chokejob of his career against the Heat.

HI-FI
03-02-2014, 08:19 PM
People should also thank Parker for bringing Boris tbh

another credit nobody gives to him
i definitely give him credit for it, I love having Boris on the team, liked him when he was with Phoenix. Parker deserves his props, but when he heroballs us to death or bukkakes a mate's wife, he deserves to get called out for it.

Brazil
03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
i definitely give him credit for it, I love having Boris on the team, liked him when he was with Phoenix. Parker deserves his props, but when he heroballs us to death or bukkakes a mate's wife, he deserves to get called out for it.

Im all for calling me out for a lot of stuff but heroball is bs talk

Johnny RIngo
03-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Im all for calling me out for a lot of stuff but heroball is bs talk

Shooting 6-23 isn't heroballing?

ElNono
03-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Shooting 6-23 isn't heroballing?

so-so shooting night. It happens...

Diego20
03-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Glad you're back TP9! Without you Spurs wouldn't of gone nowhere last year

Really, why are you talking about last year?

Mikeanaro
03-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Heroball is not BS, STalkers should not be posting truths based on Ļjust one gameĻ, tonight he was great and tomorrow maybe he will suck, small sample discussions are useless, lets enjoy the win and wait for the playoffs.

Mikeanaro
03-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Really, why are you talking about last year?
Because we got #5 what else could be?

pgardn
03-02-2014, 10:36 PM
I see two possible reasons people think Parker hurts us offensively( besides the nutty ones):

1. He can get a good shot and score very easily early in the shot clock on a consistent basis instead of us running numerous opponents thru screens for a solid 17 seconds almost every offensive series. It is of value making an entire defense work. Kobe Bryant would never understand this. And if Tony misses early in the shot clock, which is not frequently, it hurts more.

2. He is the only Spur that can hero ball. Sometimes he takes some bad shots with the clock running down because he can get a shot off.

We have no chance at the finals without him.

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2014, 12:33 PM
We have no chance at the finals without him.

Some people just dont understand this.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Tony is a huge asset for the Spurs. If he's not healthy, the Spurs won't make it to the Finals.

I do think there are times that he needs to be involving his teammates more. I have seen him teammates go to sleep on offense waiting for him to create his own shot. There are certainly games we would have lost without his ability to create for himself and put the team on his back, but I do think he's guilty of trying to do that even when there's not a need to do so. If he's got his wheel,s and is penetrating the lane effectively, he makes the game so much easier on his teammates.

Mikeanaro
03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Heroball is not BS, STalkers should not be posting truths based on Ļjust one gameĻ, tonight he was great and tomorrow maybe he will suck, small sample discussions are useless, lets enjoy the win and wait for the playoffs.

therealtruth
03-04-2014, 09:24 PM
It's very simple. TP is the head of the snake. If the other team devises a strategy to stop him we have a higher than usual chance of losing.

Mikeanaro
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
It's very simple. TP is the head of the snake. If the other team devises a strategy to stop him we have a higher than usual chance of losing.
What do you mean? today he was stopped and we are like 10-1 without him, he is the head because he ruins possessions holding the ball 21 seconds.

gilmor
03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
What do you mean? today he was stopped and we are like 10-1 without him, he is the head because he ruins possessions holding the ball 21 seconds.

I can bet with you if TP9 is not close to 100%, we will be eliminated in the 2nd round.

Play-off basketball is different from regular season..

Mikeanaro
03-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I can bet with you if TP9 is not close to 100%, we will be eliminated in the 2nd round.

Play-off basketball is different from regular season..
Well then bet, I have 300 dollars on my wallet but we need a dude in SA with a bat to break his legs and see what happens.
Of course the playoffs are a different game but he performs better in regular season anyway, I do like Porky as a person but not as a point guard like when you have your best friend which he is awesome but you donīt want him in your pick up game/videogame/double date whatever.

gilmor
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Well then bet, I have 300 dollars on my wallet but we need a dude in SA with a bat to break his legs and see what happens.
Of course the playoffs are a different game but he performs better in regular season anyway, I do like Porky as a person but not as a point guard like when you have your best friend which he is awesome but you donīt want him in your pick up game/videogame/double date whatever.

Let's bet 1000.. wht's ur pay pal account?

Mikeanaro
03-04-2014, 10:06 PM
I dont have one and Im not gonna go to the bank until someone breaks his legs with a bat and Im serious.

downunder
03-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Forget the ratbags. Parker is one of the alltime greats. He earns his pay. He has all the skills ! Ask Patty who inspired him to improve as he has - Patty has saved Spurs many times but gives all credit to watching Parker's moves.

TJastal
03-05-2014, 06:06 AM
I
Better be careful this place is full of welching faggots. I bet $100 x 2 last year, won the bets and never got paid by either one.

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Don't be salty Latino homers...

MVP! MVP! MVP!

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2014, 10:56 PM
We ain't worthy Point Gawd :worthy: