PDA

View Full Version : frost king shoots innocent couple in movie theater...for texting!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Trill Clinton
01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
A moviegoer lost his life inside a Pasco County theater Monday afternoon after a dispute over texting with a retired police officer.
According to the sheriff's office, the dispute happened before the 1:20 showing of 'Lone Survivor' had even gotten underway at the Cobb CineBistro at Grove 16 complex on Wesley Grove Blvd.

Investigators say two couples had gotten into an argument over noise.
"The victim was on his cell phone; he was texting. We believe he was making some kind of noise. This noise led to an altercation between the suspect and the victim," Sheriff Chris Nocco explained.

A witness recalled seeing the agitated man -- later identified by deputies as Curtis Reeves -- get up and leave in an apparent attempt to find a manager. When he came back alone, the argument escalated.

Charles Cummings told FOX 13 he heard the victim say he was texting his 3-year-old daughter before Reeves pulled out a pistol.
"Their voices start going up, there seems to be a confrontation, somebody throws popcorn, then bang, he was shot," said Cummings, who was there to celebrate his birthday. "I heard the victim say, 'I can't believe...,' then he fell on us."

"I asked if the guy was OK, and he started gurgling blood and then fell," recalled Cummings' son, who said he ran to call 911.
Both the man, identified by deputies as Chad Oulson, and his wife Nicole, were struck by the single shot. Oulson, 43, was hit in the chest and died, while Nicole was hit in the hand when she put her hand up in front of her husband. She suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

An off-duty Sumter County deputy inside the theater was able to grab the gun and detain Reeves until deputies arrived, the sheriff added.
Reeves, a 71-year-old retired Tampa police officer, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. A 2005 Tampa Bay Times article (http://www.sptimes.com/2005/11/17/news_pf/Hernando/Crime_Stoppers_hotlin.shtml) also described him as a former director of security for Busch Gardens.

Moments after he was named as the suspect, Tampa police issued a statement saying Reeves had retired back in 1993 as a captain.

"He was instrumental in establishing the department's first Tactical Response Team," the statement explained. "We are not aware of any contact with the department since his departure more than 20 years ago."

Nocco said his detectives considered if this could be a 'stand your ground' case but decided the criteria did not apply.

"It's absolutely crazy it would rise to this level over somebody just texting in a movie theater," he offered.

"I can't believe people would bring a gun to a movie," added Cummings, a Marine who served in Vietnam. "I can't believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn or even a cell phone."

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/24435641/2014/01/13/shots-fired-at-wesley-chapel-movie-theater#ixzz2qLCFW2Hd
Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=a3BuYkB8Cr4PHOacwqm_6r&u=myfoxtampabay) | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=a3BuYkB8Cr4PHOacwqm_6r&u=FOX13TampaBay)

http://wtvt.images.worldnow.com/images/24435641_BG5.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd5TfFGCUAALFU8.jpg

Trill Clinton
01-13-2014, 10:45 PM
http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/florida-cut-away.gif

Reck
01-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Trill, forgive me for asking but what in the world is a frost king? Been seeing you saying that alot lately.

Trill Clinton
01-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Trill, forgive me for asking but what in the world is a frost king? Been seeing you saying that alot lately.

a white male who commits random acts of violence

lefty
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Son of a bitch

I hope he will be gang-raped in prison everyday by strong black men for the rest of his life

baseline bum
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Cop goes cop, more news at 11

CubanSucks
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
You need to stick with sawm. Frost King just sounds fucking badass

FuzzyLumpkins
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
the race baiting on both sides just worsens the issue. thanks for justifying m>s' schtick. hell, you probably are m>s too.

DMC
01-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Why did he run to call 911? The dude had a phone obviously.

mrsmaalox
01-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Looks like a mean, crusty old dude.

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Obviously shooting someone is not ok, but why do people in this day and age think that texting/talking in the movies is ok? It's ridiculous that an adult can be so oblivious to his/her surroundings and be such an inconsiderate a-hole and ruin the movie for everyone.

monosylab1k
01-14-2014, 12:12 AM
That's what you get for texting like an asshole during a movie. I support this 100%.

:lol of course black people don't understand the problem with being loud and rude in a movie theater.

EDIT: I just saw this was BEFORE the movie started. nevermind, that's fucking awful. The whole point of previews is to get all your texting out of the way before the movie starts.

SO to recap

Texting before the movie = shooter is an asshole
Texting during a movie = guy who gets shot is the asshole

DeadlyDynasty
01-14-2014, 12:59 AM
My paternal grandparents used to live in Pasco County. Haven for old folks

Biernutz
01-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Who sends a text to a 3 year old?

Huey Freeman
01-14-2014, 01:13 AM
:lol I saw this at work
i was like "I know Trill is going to have fun with this shit"

z0sa
01-14-2014, 01:16 AM
So who's the badass Frost King referenced in the title?

Creepn
01-14-2014, 01:18 AM
It's been a while since I've been to the movies but doesn't the courtesy screen come on after the previews?

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 01:27 AM
EDIT: I just saw this was BEFORE the movie started. nevermind, that's fucking awful. The whole point of previews is to get all your texting out of the way before the movie starts.

No, no. That's what First Look is for. Movie etiquette should extend to previews, as well.

But, these are the reasons I stick to 11:00am showings. Weekdays, preferably.

SupremeGuy
01-14-2014, 01:53 AM
A piece of shit human being is a piece a shit human being, regardless of color.

Fabbs
01-14-2014, 01:58 AM
Nocco said his detectives considered if this could be a 'stand your ground' case....
Had that happened watching you with your Trayboons Troll schtick would have been hilarious. :lol

Jacob1983
01-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I love the no texting commercial that is shown at Cinemark theaters. If it's an emergency, step into the hallway. Otherwise, it can wait.

Gaylord M. Focker
01-14-2014, 05:52 AM
I love the no texting commercial that is shown at Cinemark theaters. If it's an emergency, step into the hallway. Otherwise, it can wait.

Why don't you tell everyone here about Operation Ko Samui!

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2014, 07:39 AM

Brickhouse Cinema has the best warnings ever. They even tell you how to rat someone out for talking/texting (write the waitress a note) and they will send the bouncers to throw them out.

resistanze
01-14-2014, 07:39 AM
I guess he had his gun to stop a mass shooting.

I. Hustle
01-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I like the no texting deals at the Draft house.

mrsmaalox
01-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Brickhouse Cinema has the best warnings ever. They even tell you how to rat someone out for talking/texting (write the waitress a note) and they will send the bouncers to throw them out.

:lol Cuz a squad of goons coming in to forcibly eject a person is less distracting than texting.

Then the next thing you know, people will want others ejected for writing notes :lol

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 11:10 AM
i don't get how texting can be distracting. you gotta be a grade A asshole to report someone for sending a text.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 11:21 AM
i don't get how texting can be distracting. you gotta be a grade A asshole to report someone for sending a text.

It's the bright light in a dark setting that puts people off. If I absolutely have to text during a movie, I always try to shield the light.

elbamba
01-14-2014, 11:25 AM
a white male who commits random acts of violence

What do you call a black male who commits random acts of violence?

Other than dad.

mrsmaalox
01-14-2014, 11:27 AM
I can't stand it when people talk or whisper real loud continuously---a word here or there doesn't really bother me. And I find the crinkly snack wrappers much more annoying than texting; just dim the phone screen!

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
What do you call a black male who commits random acts of violence?

Other than dad.

madden kings

Oh, Gee!!
01-14-2014, 11:40 AM
just Florida being Florida

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
It's the bright light in a dark setting that puts people off. If I absolutely have to text during a movie, I always try to shield the light.

ehh i guess. i've texted in a movie before but my phone is on silent and i don't expose my phone in someone else's view.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Were any burnt kings injured?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
It's the bright light in a dark setting that puts people off. If I absolutely have to text during a movie, I always try to shield the light.No one has to text during a movie.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 02:59 PM
No one has to text during a movie.

I disagree. A simple quick text can prevent your phone from vibrating throughout the movie, distracting you and others within your presence. "I'm at the movies, ttyl". Just answer and be done with it. If you don't they will call you if you keep ignoring the text. It's better in the long run.

AchillesHeel
01-14-2014, 03:02 PM
self defense, they threw popcorn at him

hehateme
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I disagree. A simple quick text can prevent your phone from vibrating throughout the movie, distracting you and others within your presence. "I'm at the movies, ttyl". Just answer and be done with it. If you don't they will call you if you keep ignoring the text. It's better in the long run.

I turn mine off and I'm on call 24/7. A quick e-mail to my alternate before hand fixes this issue and whats 2hrs of your time for someone to wait for an answer. Either that or wait till the movie comes out and rent it. Then you can text/talk/shout to your hearts content at home and not in a public place.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I disagree. A simple quick text can prevent your phone from vibrating throughout the movie, distracting you and others within your presence. "I'm at the movies, ttyl". Just answer and be done with it. If you don't they will call you if you keep ignoring the text. It's better in the long run.One can simply turn one's phone off. It's better in the long run.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:11 PM
I turn mine off and I'm on call 24/7. A quick e-mail to my alternate before hand fixes this issue and whats 2hrs of your time for someone to wait for an answer. Either that or wait till the movie comes out and rent it. Then you can text/talk/shout to your hearts content at home and not in a public place.

One can simply turn one's phone off. It's better in the long run.

Nah I don't ever turn my phone off. I can't be cut off from possible family emergencies like that. 1 1/2-3 hours is a long time to be out of reach if an emergency happens. No thanks.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
[/COLOR]

Nah I don't ever turn my phone off. I can't be cut off from possible family emergencies like that. 1 1/2-3 hours is a long time to be out of reach if an emergency happens. No thanks.What emergencies?

What could you do?

People overestimate their importance. 3 hours is nothing. Folks went to the movies for a solid century without phones.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:24 PM
What emergencies?

What could you do?

People overestimate their importance. 3 hours is nothing. Folks went to the movies for a solid century without phones.

What could I do? I could leave right away is what I could do. A lot of things can happen within 3 hours. Are you kidding me? Yes my family is important. I'm not going to be out of reach just because I don't want to be distracted during a movie. That is just stupid.

IceColdBrewski
01-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I think I'll wait for more details to come out. As we saw with the Trayvon case, most of the media doesn't always paint an accurate picture of what might have really happened.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:26 PM
What could I do? I could leave right away is what I could do.Then what?
A lot of things can happen within 3 hours..Like what?

It's not like you are a doctor of volunteer fireman on call. Shit will keep.

mrsmaalox
01-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Just turning off the phone is not easy to do when you have kids. My kids are old enough now that I can be out of touch for days, but a few years ago it was on 24/7. Honestly, I've never had to send or receive a text during a movie.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Then what?
Then do whatever I have to do to care take of issue. My excuse is not going to be, "I turned my phone off because I was at the movies." when something drastic happens.

Like what?

It's not like you are a doctor of volunteer fireman on call. Shit will keep.

Somebody could get hurt. The person doesn't have to be a fireman to spring into action Chump. It can be anybody.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Then do whatever I have to do to care take of issue. My excuse is not going to be, "I turned my phone off because I was at the movies." when something drastic happens.It's only an excuse if you are looking for an excuse.

Somebody could get hurt. The person doesn't have to be a fireman to spring into action Chump. It can be anybody.Spring into what action? What are you going to do? At best you are going to drive somewhere and wait for the people who actually help in these situations to do their jobs.

You ain't Superman. Turn your phone off.

resistanze
01-14-2014, 03:40 PM
I think I'll wait for more details to come out. As we saw with the Trayvon case, most of the media doesn't always paint an accurate picture of what might have really happened.

I agree, Skittles are very popular in theaters tbh

Bigzax
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
black people ain't superman. but alot of them think they are action jackson. so let the brother get his game on. black people have problems man. someone always trying to fuck they white woman. babies mama boyfriend beating up yo kids. you can't let the latest madea come between you and yo kids chump.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
It's only an excuse if you are looking for an excuse.

Spring into what action? What are you going to do? At best you are going to drive somewhere and wait for the people who actually help in these situations to do their jobs.

You ain't Superman. Turn your phone off.

Yeah, I'd rather drive somewhere and wait for the people that can actually help show up. You damn right. Heres one emergency example, my mother in law's house caught fire and I arrived BEFORE the firemen showed up. She's in a wheelchair. She had to be carried out the window.

No. I'm not turning my cellphone off.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I'd rather drive somewhere and wait for the people that can actually help show up. You damn right. Heres one emergency example, my mother in law's house caught fire and I arrived BEFORE the firemen showed up. She's in a wheelchair. She had to be carried out the window.You just thought of that now, Superman? Were you the only one there?

No. I'm not turning my cellphone off.You're Superman!

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
You just thought of that now, Superman?

You're Superman!

Nah, not Superman. Just a family man with his priorities set right.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Nah, not Superman. Just a family man with his priorities set right.So no one else was there?

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 03:50 PM
chump i didn't know you were a theater nazi.

is it okay to have my phone on vibrate/silent, receive a text, check it and step outside to respond?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
chump i didn't know you were a theater nazi.

is it okay to have my phone on vibrate/silent, receive a text, check it and step outside to respond?Step outside first.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
what if the theater is halfway empty and there is no one else on your row? can you send and receive a silent text then?

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
So no one else was there?

Yeah neighbors were there to help as well.

ChumpDumper
what if the theater is halfway empty and there is no one else on your row? can you send and receive a silent text then?No.Get your lazy ass up if it's that important to you.

ChumpDumper
Yeah neighbors were there to help as well.Nice. Good to have contingencies.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Step outside first.

That's an even bigger distraction. Walking in front of people, stepping on toes, knocking over drinks and popcorn, blocking views just to check a text that takes 2 seconds.

mrsmaalox
01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
That's an even bigger distraction. Walking in front of people, stepping on toes, knocking over drinks and popcorn, blocking views just to check a text that takes 2 seconds.

Truth.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
No.Get your lazy ass up if it's that important to you.

do you think the father who was killed is lazy for checking on his daughter?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:57 PM
That's an even bigger distraction. Walking in front of people, stepping on toes, knocking over drinks and popcorn, blocking views just to check a text that takes 2 seconds.And we're back to turning off the phone.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 03:58 PM
i don't see how discretely answering a text can cause a distraction at all. unless one of the moviegoer's is just an asshole who'd rather stare into your lap than watch the damn movie he/she paid for.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:58 PM
do you think the father who was killed is lazy for checking on his daughter?I think a straw man is a straw man.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 03:59 PM
i don't see how discretely answering a text can cause a distraction at all.Of course you don't.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 03:59 PM
I think a straw man is a straw man.

do you think the father was being lazy?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
do you think the father was being lazy?I think you should look up the definition of straw man.

Bigzax
01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
turn off the phone. it's the only way to face the reality that no on loves you when you turn it back on in 2 hours.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
And we're back to turning off the phone.

Would 2 seconds really ruin your movie experience?

Chewbacca
01-14-2014, 04:04 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2q2okro.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Would 2 seconds really ruin your movie experience?It's never 2 seconds. It's never one person.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 04:14 PM
yup

DMC
01-14-2014, 04:14 PM
No, no. That's what First Look is for. Movie etiquette should extend to previews, as well.

But, these are the reasons I stick to 11:00am showings. Weekdays, preferably.

Who has time on a weekday to catch a movie at lunch?

rascal
01-14-2014, 04:46 PM

Leave the phone in the car when you go to a movie.

CavsSuperFan
01-14-2014, 05:02 PM
turn off the phone. it's the only way to face the reality that no on loves you when you turn it back on in 2 hours.

Its like you really know me....:depressed

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:12 PM
to the movie nazis, how do ya'll feel about people crunching on nachos and popcorn, slurping on dranks during the movie?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:21 PM
to the movie nazis, how do ya'll feel about people crunching on nachos and popcorn, slurping on dranks during the movie?That's always been there.

Phones haven't.

And if the food and drink glowed I would object.

Turn off the phone. Chew with your mouth closed. Everything's cool.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:27 PM
That's always been there.

Phones haven't.

so the glow is what bothers you most? not smacking, crunching and slurping sounds(nh)? gotcha.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:29 PM
is there a way to bite down onto a nacho without making a crunching sound?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:30 PM
so the glow is what bothers you most? not smacking, crunching and slurping sounds(nh)? gotcha.What part did you not understand?

Folks went 100 years without phones in theaters. They can stay that way.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:31 PM
is there a way to bite down onto a nacho without making a crunching sound?
There is certainly a way to do it without glowing.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:32 PM
What part did you not understand?

Folks went 100 years without phones in theaters. They can stay that way.

in your opinion

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:33 PM
in your opinionNo shit, genius.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
There is certainly a way to do it without glowing.

well duh...sitting next to someone eating a tray of nachos is very distracting, even more distracting than a quick reply text.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:35 PM
would you rather sit next to someone who gets 1 text and replies or next to someone who eats a tray of nachos, a tub of popcorn and slurps on a large coke?

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
damn, they got the frost king wearing a bulletproof vest

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1579152.1389723986!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/article-wesley1-0114.jpg

The retired Florida cop who allegedly shot and killed a young dad who was texting during a movie "had every right to defend himself" after the man hurled a bag of popcorn at him, his lawyer said in court.
But authorities said Tuesday there was no physical contact between Curtis Reeves and his victim Chad Oulson before he allegedly shot Oulson in the movie theater.
Reeves, 71, made his first appearance in court Tuesday to face second-degree murder charges for allegedly killing Oulson, 43, during an argument over texting at a Tampa-area theater Monday.
Judge Lynn Tepper ordered Reeves held without bond and rejected the defense's claims that the murder charges were too severe.
"The evidence of guilt is significant," Tepper said.

And it may not be the first time Reeves confronted a fellow movie patron over texting as investigators are looking into another incident that may have involved the suspect less than three weeks ago.
At the same movie theater on Dec. 28 a woman told the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office she was texting during a movie and a man she believed was Reeves told her to put her phone away, Stacey Sumner, an assistant prosecutor with the Assistant State’s Attorney Sixth Judicial Circuit told The News.
RELATED: 2 PEOPLE SHOT IN TAMPA-AREA MOVIE THEATER: COPS (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2-people-shot-tampa-area-movie-theater-cops-article-1.1578161)
He then got the manager and the woman complied, Sumner said. But after the movie on her way to the bathroom she said she saw the man she believed to be Reeves glare at her, Sumner said.
The sherriff’s office did not return a request for comment about the incident. Sumner declined to discuss any other part of the case.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 05:42 PM
That's always been there.

Phones haven't.

Crinkling wrappers are worse. Takes a person a good hour to get to the bottom of their snacks whereas checking a text takes 2 seconds. Or those M&M boxes, trying to pour out the M&M onto your hands or mouth and hearing all of those candies rolling about. Have they been serving M&Ms for a 100 years at the movies?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:44 PM
well duh...sitting next to someone eating a tray of nachos is very distracting, even more distracting than a quick reply text.

would you rather sit next to someone who gets 1 text and replies or next to someone who eats a tray of nachos, a tub of popcorn and slurps on a large coke?I never go to crowded theaters. It's a dumb idea.

In my opinion.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Crinkling wrappers are worse. Takes a person a good hour to get to the bottom of their snacks whereas checking a text takes 2 seconds. Or those M&M boxes, trying to pour out the M&M onto your hands or mouth and hearing all of those candies rolling about. Have they been serving M&Ms for a 100 years at the movies?Seventy years.

Turn off your phone.

It's easy.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
its the glow, creepn!!!

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
its the glow, creepn!!!You simply aren't that important.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:47 PM
I never go to crowded theaters. It's a dumb idea.

In my opinion.

so you shouldn't have a problem finding a good seat away from others. that way the glow won't distract you.

DisAsTerBot
it's pretty simple. The theater tells you to silence your phone don't put it on vibrate and specifically not to text. There is no mention of NOT eating snacks in the theater, in fact it is encouraged. Again, they lay it all our for those of you who need to be specifically told not to be a dick.

Creepn
would you rather sit next to someone who gets 1 text and replies or next to someone who eats a tray of nachos, a tub of popcorn and slurps on a large coke?

CAN I ANSWER?? CAN I ANSWER?? I'd rather sit next to the guy sending a quick text saying he's at the movies so he won't be distracted than having to sit through a whole hour of hearing him playing a trombone with the straw rubbing against the lid.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:48 PM
so you shouldn't have a problem finding a good seat away from others. that way the glow won't distract you.No. The glow is distracting.

Turn off your phone like you are told.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:52 PM
it's pretty simple. The theater tells you to silence your phone don't put it on vibrate and specifically not to text. There is no mention of NOT eating snacks in the theater, in fact it is encouraged. Again, they lay it all our for those of you who need to be specifically told not to be a dick.

well of course they're not going to tell you to don't buy their nasty ass loud food and candy. please silent your cellphones, but feel free to crunch down on some nachos at the concession stands:lol

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
well of course they're not going to tell you to don't buy their nasty ass loud food and candy. please silent your cellphones, but feel free to crunch down on some nachos at the concession stands:lolYeah, it's their theater.

Turn your phone off like you're told.

Find a theater that allows it and text all you want.

Chewbacca
01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/o7lnx5.jpg

DisAsTerBot
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM
well of course they're not going to tell you to don't buy their nasty ass loud food and candy. please silent your cellphones, but feel free to crunch down on some nachos at the concession stands:lol

yes, because the consensus is that cellphone use is more annoying than snacking. Again, pretty simple.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM
SA210 live tweeted during Man of Steel.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, it's their theater.

Turn your phone off like you're told.

Find a theater that allows it and text all you want.

theaters i go to say put your phone on silent or vibrate....which is no problem at all for me but it isn't a big deal if they answer a text.

i get your stance. its all about the glow. you can sit through crunching on nachos and popcorn, slurping of soda and the noise of hard candy in a box but the glow is too much.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
yes, because the consensus is that cellphone use is more annoying than snacking. Again, pretty simple.

consensus where? you and chump?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
theaters i go to say put your phone on silent or vibrate....which is no problem at all for me but it isn't a big deal if they answer a text.

i get your stance. its all about the glow. you can sit through crunching on nachos and popcorn, slurping of soda and the noise of hard candy in a box but the glow is too much.Yes, I'm apparently Superman compared to you.

I can live with that.

Which theater says it's OK for you to text?

Be specific so we can verify it.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
consense where? you and chump?Theater owners.

Turn your phone off. Show some self control.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Theater owners.

Turn your phone off. Show some self control.

Oh yeah, owners always have the best intentions for customers. If you can stay focus watching a movie while someone is smacking on nachos next to you, then you can stay focus while a man is sending a 2 second text 10 rows away from you.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, I'm apparently Superman compared to you.

I can live with that.

more like super douche....you and the old frost king have a lot in common. i can live through the glow of someone quickly replying to a text. you'd rather they stand up, block people's view and walk out. i get it.

GoodOdor
01-14-2014, 06:20 PM
black people defending rude behavior.....par the course, tbh.

Creepn, do you yell "DONT GO INTO DAT ROOM!!!11" when watching slasher movies?

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 06:26 PM
black people defending rude behavior.....par the course, tbh.

Creepn, do you yell "DONT GO INTO DAT ROOM!!!11" when watching slasher movies?

the thread is about someone killing a person over a text...what color was the shooter?http://i43.tinypic.com/5lthmx.png

Dirk Oneanddoneski
01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
wtf

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, owners always have the best intentions for customers. If you can stay focus watching a movie while someone is smacking on nachos next to you, then you can stay focus while a man is sending a 2 second text 10 rows away from you.Owners, you know, own the theaters.

Turn off the phone like you are told.

more like super douche....you and the old frost king have a lot in common. i can live through the glow of someone quickly replying to a text. you'd rather they stand up, block people's view and walk out. i get it.I said turn your phone off.

Get it?

And I notice you didn't list any theaters that say you can text. Why is that?

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 06:32 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/o7lnx5.jpg
:lol

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Turn off the phone like you are told.

I said turn your phone off.

Get it?

And I notice you didn't list any theaters that say you can text. Why is that?

the cinemark doesn't have a no texting policy, now go fact check it lol. does the glow from checking the time on your cell phone count as texting?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 06:36 PM
the cinemark doesn't have a no texting policy, now go fact check it lol. does the glow from checking the time on your cell phone count as texting?http://www.cinemark.com/no-texting

Too easy.

Leetonidas
01-14-2014, 06:40 PM
This is why I only go to the Drafthouse, they don't put up with this shit

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 06:43 PM
doesn't say anything about turning your phone off. i said the theatres i go to say put your phone on silent or vibrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ole-cpFwNsQ

even easierhttp://i43.tinypic.com/5lthmx.png

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 06:45 PM
doesn't say anything about turning your phone off. i said the theatres i go to say put your phone on silent or vibrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ole-cpFwNsQ

even easierstupid pictureYeah, it's easy to see that's from 2008.

Mine is from today.

Rogue
01-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Yes, I'm apparently Superman compared to you.

I can live with that.

don't see no similarity between you and Mr."S" tbh, except maybe the red underwear thing though.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 06:54 PM
don't see no similarity between you and Mr."S" tbh, except maybe the red underwear thing though.It's a metaphor.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I disagree. A simple quick text can prevent your phone from vibrating throughout the movie

Turning your phone all the way off or turning off the vibration before the movie starts does an even better job of it.

DMC
01-14-2014, 07:23 PM
When is the white power rally going to happen to battle this injustice?

Biernutz
01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I agree with Chump....

http://drafthouse.com/blog/entry/she_texted._we_kicked_her_out

http://youtu.be/1L3eeC2lJZs

hehateme
01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Turning your phone all the way off or turning off the vibration before the movie starts does an even better job of it.

Apparently from the last two pages this is to hard to comprehend. This is why more and more theatres are moving towards the policy of kicking people out. The world definitely has lost a lot of mannerisms and generosity towards others, especially when you can't respect people around you for two fucking hours of yours and their time.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:28 PM
i don't see how discretely answering a text can cause a distraction at all. unless one of the moviegoer's is just an asshole who'd rather stare into your lap than watch the damn movie he/she paid for.

In one of the movies I saw today there was a woman sitting three rows in front and slightly to the right of me who was checking her phone repeatedly throughout the movie. She never appeared to be actually responding to texts. She never even took her phone all the way out of her purse while checking. I'm sure she thought she was being incredibly discreet and considerate. But every few minutes there was a flash of light in the corner of my vision that, no matter how much I tried to ignore it, was incredibly distracting.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Apparently from the last two pages this is to hard to comprehend. This is why more and more theatres are moving towards the policy of kicking people out. The world definitely has lost a lot of mannerisms and generosity towards others, especially when you can't respect people around you for two fucking hours of yours and their time.

The thing I don't understand is why so many people who apparently prefer the living room experience even bother with the theaters anymore.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 07:32 PM
the cinemark doesn't have a no texting policy, now go fact check it lol. does the glow from checking the time on your cell phone count as texting?lol Cinemark even has an app that rewards you for not fucking with your phone during the movie.

ieZRsryxu2c

lol checking time

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Who has time on a weekday to catch a movie at lunch?

Not many people. That's why I like it.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
The thing I don't understand is why so many people who apparently prefer the living room experience even bother with the theaters anymore.I know I would go more often if so many people weren't responding to family emergencies and checking the time during films.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Fuck all those awards and fuck your feeble distractions. I'm not turning off or putting my phone on silent that may prevent me from responding to family emergencies. That's the end of that.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:42 PM

I'd rather neither.

FkLA
01-14-2014, 07:45 PM

This. I dont normally do it but if I have to who gives a shit if my phone is on silent, same goes for everyone else I could care less if they do it as long as its on silent. Cant believe the 'bright lights' of a cell phone bothers people that much tbh.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 07:47 PM
In one of the movies I saw today there was a woman sitting three rows in front and slightly to the right of me who was checking her phone repeatedly throughout the movie. She never appeared to be actually responding to texts. She never even took her phone all the way out of her purse while checking. I'm sure she thought she was being incredibly discreet and considerate. But every few minutes there was a flash of light in the corner of my vision that, no matter how much I tried to ignore it, was incredibly distracting.

geez...that far away, her phone was inside of her purse and you stilllll saw some glow? no matter how hard you tried to ignore it, you were still distracted by the light from her phone every few minutes. i can imagine how upset the people in the same row or closer were by this. did anyone politely ask her to put her phone away or go to an employee to complain?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Fuck all those awards and fuck your feeble distractions. I'm not turning off or putting my phone on silent that may prevent me from responding to family emergencies. That's the end of that.Of course you won't.

You're Superman.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
does the glow from checking the time on your cell phone count as texting?

Holy shit, why would you need to check the time during a movie? You know when it starts, you know going in what the run time is.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Holy shit, why would you need to check the time during a movie? You know when it starts, you know going in what the run time is.

your girlfriend may have went to the restroom and may be taking longer than usual. its not uncommon to see how much time has lapsed.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 07:54 PM
your girlfriend may have went to the restroom and may be taking longer than usual. its not uncommon to see how much time has lapsed.How would you know when she went to the bathroom and why the fuck would you ever time a girlfriend's trip to the bathroom?

FkLA
01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
This is why I only go to the Drafthouse, they don't put up with this shit

But you can write on a piece of paper and watch a waiter duck in front you. I like the Drafthouse but thats some backwards ass logic.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Of course you won't.

You're Superman.
I said I wasn't. Just a person with their priorities right. It's sad you think someone has to be "superman" in order to come to the aid of others though.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 07:56 PM
your girlfriend may have went to the restroom and may be taking longer than usual. its not uncommon to see how much time has lapsed.

You time your girlfriend's potty breaks?

Biernutz
01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
We don't go to movies that start 7pm or later anymore. There is too much crap going on to watch the movie. The last
night we went to any movie that was not a Saturday or Sunday afternoon A guy was getting a BJ from a woman in the row in
front of us. It's the overall behavior in the theaters now. Seems like everyone on this thread has complained about
something. My favorites is the kicking of my seat or asshole who puts their shoe on your armrest from the seats behind you.
Why go to the movies and put up with all the crap when Redbox will have it in a couple of months? It has to be a very special
movie for us to go now.

FkLA
01-14-2014, 07:58 PM
We don't go to movies that start 7pm or later anymore. There is too much crap going on to watch the movie. The last
night we went to any movie that was not a Saturday or Sunday afternoon A guy was getting a BJ from a woman in the row in
front of us. It's the overall behavior in the theaters now. Seems like everyone on this thread has complained about
something. My favorites is the kicking of my seat or asshole who puts their shoe on your armrest from the seats behind you.
Why go to the movies and put up with all the crap when Redbox will have it in a couple of months? It has to be a very special
movie for us to go now.

Was the woman hot ?

ChumpDumper
I said I wasn't. Just a person with their priorities right. It's sag you think someone has to be "superman" in order to come to the aid of others though.The world would definitely end in 1 1/2 hours without your constant in-movie vigilance.

God bless you, Superman!

Trill Clinton
How would you know when she went to the bathroom and why the fuck would you ever time a girlfriend's trip to the bathroom?
you would know by pulling out ya phone and checking, 1 second tops. if she has been gone longer than 5-10 minutes, its not uncommon to check for the time and go check on her. not that hard.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd bet 90% of movie distractions aren't even the cellphones. It's the food, beverages, people kicking your seats, people getting up and down, and talking/whispering to each other.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 08:00 PM
front of usAlright, THEN you have my permission to use your phone to take pictures and distribute them freely.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 08:00 PM
You time your girlfriend's potty breaks?

did you ask the woman to politely put her phone her way? did you notify staff that she was 'incredibly distracting'? i refuse to believe you sat through the entire movie with that type of distraction, unless you're lying lol.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
you would know by pulling out ya phone and checking, 1 second tops. if she has been gone longer than 5-10 minutes, its not uncommon to check for the time and go check on her. not that hard.If she has been gone for 5-10 minutes, then you already know she has been gone for 5-10 minutes.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I'd bet 90% of movie distractions aren't even the cellphones. It's the food, beverages, people kicking your seats, people getting up and down, and talking/whispering to each other.Just turn off the phone like you're told, Superman.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
But you can write on a piece of paper and watch a waiter duck in front you. I like the Drafthouse but thats some backwards ass logic.

its all about the glow my friend

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/125007/last-dragon-o.gif

Creepn
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
The world would definitely end in 1 1/2 hours without your constant in-movie vigilance.

God bless you, Superman!
Did I say constant? I said 2 seconds. I can understand your annoyance if someone were to text constantly throughout the movie but that's not what we're taking about here. We're taking about 2 seconds.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Did I say constant? I said 2 seconds. I can understand your annoyance if someone were to text constantly throughout the movie but that's not what we're taking about here. We're taking about 2 seconds.Only your mother in law has your number?

That's so unlike Superman tbh.

Biernutz
01-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Was the woman hot ?

Not too much. They pulled the arm rest up to share the seats. When she was in his lap he put a
coat over her. He was pretty cool about it , he ate popcorn and watched the movie till she finished.
She put the arm rest down and just smiled at us. At least they were not texting.:lol

Creepn
01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Only your mother in law has your number?

That's so unlike Superman tbh.
No. What's your point? That I should I think I shouldn't help because she knows other people?

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 08:17 PM
No. What's your point? That I should I think I shouldn't help because she knows other people?I think you are being disingenuous saying only one person could possibly text you during a movie, Superman.

CuckingFunt
01-14-2014, 08:20 PM
did you ask the woman to politely put her phone her way? did you notify staff that she was 'incredibly distracting'? i refuse to believe you sat through the entire movie with that type of distraction, unless you're lying lol.

I did not ask her to put her phone away. I did not notify staff that she was incredibly distracting. Doing so would have caused me to miss part of the movie and/or to have been equally distracting to the rest of the theater. But that doesn't make her actions any less distracting. Ultimately, deciding between tolerating someone's distracting behavior or potentially making it worse by asking them to knock it off isn't a choice anyone should be faced with when just trying to watch a movie.

FkLA
01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Not too much. They pulled the arm rest up to share the seats. When she was in his lap he put a
coat over her. He was pretty cool about it , he ate popcorn and watched the movie till she finished.
She put the arm rest down and just smiled at us. At least they were not texting.:lol

:lol that mustve been awkard af for yall. Cant believe couples actually do that shit in theaters tbh.

IronMexican
01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
At least the guy didn't have to sit through the movie.

It was way over the top at times and a bit of a bore. At least Wahlberg's pecs were in it.

Leetonidas
01-14-2014, 08:47 PM

I guess it's because it's expected since it's also a restaurant. The glow of cell phones randomly on and off is distracting to the eye though, it kinda bugs me also. Honestly I don't care as long as someone isn't talking loudly, constantly on the phone texting, or checking the time every 3 minutes.

DJR210
01-14-2014, 08:56 PM
I guess it's because it's expected since it's also a restaurant. The glow of cell phones randomly on and off is distracting to the eye though, it kinda bugs me also. Honestly I don't care as long as someone isn't talking loudly, constantly on the phone texting, or checking the time every 3 minutes.

I miss the days of R rated horror movies tbh..

Forget about watching a horror movie on day 1. Fucking groups of teen faggots and bitches laughing and shit during the jumps..talking about the jump a minute later..texting worthless teen BS every 5 seconds..these assholes take over the R rated ones too it seems..these fucking movie theaters used to card me back in the day, what the fuck??

Leetonidas
01-14-2014, 10:19 PM

Another reason why I go to the drafthouse tbh don't have to deal with a bunch of teenage faggots everywhere

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 11:11 PM
The lengths people go to (with terrible logic I might add) in order to justify their inconsiderate & immature behavior is alarming.

The fact you can't follow rules of a private business owner or that you can't see beyond your own opinions is incredibly telling of the level you function at. It doesn't make you a terrible person, but shows the level of critical thinking that holds people back. Unreal.

:lol I love the hyperbole used as well:"kicking you as they walk by, chomping on popcorn and slurping a large soda..". Do you not know how to chew with your mouth closed? Are you so unathletic and socially awkward that you can't walk without kicking someone? Do you really loudly slurp your drink to the very last drop? What kind of idiot acts like that in public? The same idiot that thinks texting, talking or being a distraction is fine I am assuming.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 11:20 PM
True the same asshole who texts is generally the one who already does all the other stupid things in theaters.

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 11:36 PM
The part that gets me is the logic. Even if "kicking people as you walk by, slurping down large sodas or chomping food" was more annoying than texting, that doesn't by default make texting ok. Do you not see how awful that logic is?

When you consider that logic, plus the fact theaters directly ask you not to talk, text or do anything on your phone it should be pretty clear what you should do.

Using this logic, it would be like me trying to argue that it's ok for me to come into your home with muddy shoes even though you have have sign that says "no shoes in the house" because I argue that taking off my shoes but bringing a dog who loudly barks, sheds and shits all over the place is worse than the shoes in the house.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 11:37 PM
True the same asshole who texts is generally the one who already does all the other stupid things in theaters.

You got it backwards. The people doing all those things are people like you because there isn't a screen that says, "don't smack your food or crinkle wrappers." You would be oblivious to the fact that you are actually more annoying than the people checking their text for two seconds.

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 11:39 PM
You got it backwards. The people doing all those things are people like you because there isn't a screen that says, "don't smack your food or crinkle wrappers." You would be oblivious to the fact that you are actually more annoying than the people checking their text for two seconds.

:lol what? I really, truly believe you to be reasonably smart so there is no way you aren't trolling. Let's say someone were slurping the bottom of their soda very loudly - it would be as annoying as texting/talking and would garner the same amount of attention. Theaters ask you in general not to be a distraction - use common sense bruh.

FkLA
01-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Why does the 'glow' bother y'all so much? I'd understand if it wasn't on silent as well as talking/other loud noises but silent texting doesn't bother me one bit. Especially since most phones are touch screen now.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 11:44 PM
I don't approve of loud slurping either. So turn your phone off.

mouse
01-14-2014, 11:44 PM
i don't get how texting can be distracting.

it can be very annoying if its an iPhone

johVa_3lnmY

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Why does the 'glow' bother y'all so much? I'd understand if it wasn't on silent as well as talking/other loud noises but silent texting doesn't bother me one bit. Especially since most phones are touch screen now.

So what? Turn your phone off.

Creepn
01-14-2014, 11:45 PM
:lol what? I really, truly believe you to be reasonably smart so there is no way you aren't trolling. Let's say someone were slurping the bottom of their soda very loudly - it would be as annoying as texting/talking and would garner the same amount of attention. Theaters ask you in general not to be a distraction - use common sense bruh.
That's my point. Chump says it's ok to do that because it's not specifically in the rule books or there isn't a screen that says that. Also because people been snacking on m&m in movies for 70 years.

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 11:47 PM
1) The fact it bothers people so much isn't the point. The point is you shouldn't ask that question and just understand that not only does it annoy people, but that theater rules actually ask you not to do it.

2) People love going to the movies and part of paying what many consider to be an expensive fee to watch in a theater includes having as distraction free of an environment as possible.

It's not like people going to an advertised kids movie when theaters allow young kids and complaining about the noise. These are adults that should follow rules and use common sense when it comes to phones, talking or how you conduct yourself (slupring sodas, loudly chewing with your mouth open..).

It bothers people because movies are designed to really suck you into an environment that provides escapism. Doing natural things lie chewing don't distract people if you do it normally - lights, movements that aren't necessary or things like talking take away from your focus. It's the same reason you can chew gum while driving, but when it's raining or dangerous conditions, you don't text and you turn down the radio..

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 11:47 PM
That's my point. Chump says it's ok to do that because it's not specifically in the rule books or there isn't a screen that says that. Also because people been snacking on mom in movies for 70 years.

The owners say to not disturb others. Even utsa students can figure out what that means.

Can't you?

Turn your phone off.

FkLA
01-14-2014, 11:50 PM
So what? Turn your phone off.

You've got to be an irritable person for it to bother you that much tbh. Everyone I know can focus on the screen just fine despite the 'glow' of a phone.

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 11:50 PM
That's my point. Chump says it's ok to do that because it's not specifically in the rule books or there isn't a screen that says that. Also because people been snacking on m&m in movies for 70 years.

Chump didn't say it's ok to annoyingly slurp your soda. What he said is there is not a specific rule because it's generally not an issue because most people don't chew or slurp in an annoying fashion. People have been used to chewing/drinking and don't do it obnoxiously. If they did, no one would be ok with it and it would be an issue just like texting. Obviously texting, talking and other phone activities are a large enough issues to where theaters specifically target that. Which also means, most people don't agree with you and the market has adjusted to that.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
You've got to be an irritable person for it to bother you that much tbh. Everyone I know can focus on the screen just fine despite the 'glow' of a phone.

Have them turn off their phones too like they are told.

Thanks.

DPG21920
01-14-2014, 11:52 PM

Can you not see beyond your circle of friends :lol Obviously, the majority of people don't agree which is why theaters have gone to great lengths to ask patrons to observe the rules. If the majority of people didn't care, theaters would not either.

RD2191
01-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Lol, chump you are one miserable fuck. Were you bullied as a kid? Seriously, you have a problems you bitter piece of shit.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Lol, chump you are one miserable fuck. Were you bullied as a kid? Seriously, you have a problems you bitter piece of shit.

Aw. Rob posted something other than :lol

How nice.

Just turn off your phone. Why is that so hard for you?

RD2191
01-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Aw. Rob posted something other than :lol

How nice.

Just turn off your phone. Why is that so hard for you?
Because I'm not a faggot and I realize that we live in a time and age where people are connected to their phones. Maybe its an emergency or something went wrong at the office. It could be a myriad of things. If I want peace and quiet I'll just stay home and watch a movie on Netflix.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Because I'm not a faggot and I realize that we live in a time and age where people are connected to their phones. Maybe its an emergency or something went wrong at the office. It could be a myriad of things. If I want peace and quiet I'll just stay home and watch a movie on Netflix.

There is never an emergency for you at burger king.

CuckingFunt
01-15-2014, 12:06 AM

False.

I very seldom eat or drink anything in a movie theater (both because it's crazy overpriced and because I'm perfectly capable of going a couple hours without stuffing my face). I only do when I get there early enough to know I'll be done eating/drinking before the previews start.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Nah, keeping quiet is enough theater etiquette for me. If me texting silently bothers you then you can suck a dick. Not my fault you are easily irritated tbh.

RD2191
01-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Nah, keeping quiet is enough theater etiquette for me. If me texting silently bothers you then you can suck a dick. Not my fault you are easily irritated tbh.
:loltbh

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Lolutsa

You're an idiot for paying someone else so you can silently text.

CuckingFunt
01-15-2014, 12:13 AM

Everyone you know probably also bends over backwards to justify they fact they can't go two hours without checking their phones.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:16 AM
lol grown ass men addicted to their phones like teenage girls

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:16 AM
And you're a bigger one for thinking anybody would text throughout a whole movie.

Even if they did its their money tbh.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:17 AM
It's truly scary to me to see the level of critical thinking in some people. It thrusts into light that despite how advanced I think we are, there are severe cases where people just suck and don't get "it".

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:18 AM
And you're a bigger one for thinking anybody would text throughout a whole movie.

Not their theater.

Turn off your phome. It's easy.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:18 AM

Despite the fact you paid, that doesn't give you a right to infringe on other people's rights or break the rules. You paying is you agreeing to adhere to the rules of the establishment you enter.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:20 AM
That's like saying "it's my house, I can do whatever I want!". You can't just stand in your yard and infringe on others rights just because it's your lawn.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Everyone you know probably also bends over backwards to justify they fact they can't go two hours without checking their phones.

Nope. Not even a big phone person, and the large majority of the time I end up not needing to use it in theaters. Just saying that if I do I won't hesitate to bc of theater nazis like y'all tbh.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Nope. Not even a big phone person, and the large majority of the time I end up not needing to use it in theaters. Just saying that if I do I won't hesitate to bc of theater nazis like y'all tbh.
"I can quit anytime."

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Despite the fact you paid, that doesn't give you a right to infringe on other people's rights or break the rules. You paying is you agreeing to adhere to the rules of the establishment you enter.

lol rights

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:24 AM
lol rights

That's actually his line.

lolutsa

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm not going to mock your education or your lack of critical thinking skills. I am simply going to say it legitimately makes me sad that someone who says they are college educated can display this level of ignorance.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:28 AM
It has nothing to do with a lack of understanding and everything to do with the fact that I couldnt care less about catering to irritable people. If the glow truly bothers you that's your problem.

CuckingFunt
01-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Chump didn't say it's ok to annoyingly slurp your soda. What he said is there is not a specific rule because it's generally not an issue because most people don't chew or slurp in an annoying fashion. People have been used to chewing/drinking and don't do it obnoxiously. If they did, no one would be ok with it and it would be an issue just like texting. Obviously texting, talking and other phone activities are a large enough issues to where theaters specifically target that. Which also means, most people don't agree with you and the market has adjusted to that.

There's also, for me at least, the fact that eating and drinking does not take a viewer's attention away from the movie. Texting, checking the phone, taking a call, and talking all happen because someone has made the specific decision to go to a movie and then pay attention to a whole bunch of other shit instead. Why?

If someone eats too loudly or drinks too loudly and unwraps their food too loudly, it's bad form and I wish they wouldn't do it, but I at least appreciate the fact they're there to watch and enjoy a movie. But anyone who would spend so much time talking, or texting, or checking their phone, or making 20 trips to the concession stand or the lobby, or whatever else, doesn't want to be there. Not really. In those cases, their decision to fuck up my experience seems all the more egregious.

RD2191
01-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Stay the fuck home if you don't like it. tbh. Its part of our society, deal with it.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:30 AM
It has nothing to do with a lack of understanding and everything to do with the fact that I couldnt care less about catering to irritable people. If the glow truly bothers you that's your problem.

Do it at the drafthouse and let us know how it goes, Madonna.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:30 AM
Agreed. It's also the reason that the argument of "well getting up to go to the lobby to take a call is just as big of a distraction" doesn't fly. The fact you acknowledge that it's rude to take a call or text in a theater despite being asked not to by the establishment, makes it the lesser of two evils and palatable.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Stay the fuck home if you don't like it. tbh. Its part of our society, deal with it.

:lol You stay home if you can't adhere to the rules of the establishment you enter and others pay for.

DPG21920

That is just flat out a lack of understanding of the issue at hand. No way around it :lol

ChumpDumper

You can text at home all you want, girl.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:32 AM
There's also, for me at least, the fact that eating and drinking does not take a viewer's attention away from the movie. Texting, checking the phone, taking a call, and talking all happen because someone has made the specific decision to go to a movie and then pay attention to a whole bunch of other shit instead. Why?

If someone eats too loudly or drinks too loudly and unwraps their food too loudly, it's bad form and I wish they wouldn't do it, but I at least appreciate the fact they're there to watch and enjoy a movie. But anyone who would spend so much time talking, or texting, or checking their phone, or making 20 trips to the concession stand or the lobby, or whatever else, doesn't want to be there. Not really. In those cases, their decision to fuck up my experience seems all the more egregious.

What is it to you what they do? Stop worrying about other people tbh.

Ive gone to Spurs/UTSA were people appear to be there to drink instead of watching the game.

RD2191
01-15-2014, 12:33 AM
You can text at home all you want, girl.
What an epic burn. I may never recover, tbh.

DPG21920
This is an easy argument. If you text in a theater and someone complains, you will be ejected, not the person who complained. You will then end up in a hilarious Alamo Drafthouse promo when you think your logic will fly.

ChumpDumper

Ive gone to Spurs/UTSA were people appear to be there to drink instead of watching the game.
That's not a movie theater.

Are you really this stupid?

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Fkla trolling now :lol

CuckingFunt
01-15-2014, 12:36 AM
If I want peace and quiet I'll just stay home and watch a movie on Netflix.

Firstly, that implies there are times you want to watch a film without peace and quiet. Why?

Secondly, just because peace and quiet isn't important to you when you watch a film, why the need to fuck with everyone else's?

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:37 AM
That's not a movie theater.

Are you really this stupid?

She specifically mentioned the fact that it bothers her when people don't focus on what they payed for dummy.

As long as they keep quiet why give a shit whether they get their money s worth ?

ChumpDumper
Fkla trolling now :lol
No shit.

"I've been to spurs games where people yell out loud right in the middle of the game!"

Golly!

RD2191
:lol You stay home if you can't adhere to the rules of the establishment you enter and others pay for.
I'm not saying its wrong or right, I'm saying its just the time we live in. I'm not gonna be a douche-bag and get all worked up because someone is texting. Its never bothered me at all.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:38 AM
She specifically mentioned the fact that it bothers her when people don't focus on what they payed for dummy.

As long as they keep quiet why give a shit whether they get their money s worth ?
Turn off your phome. It's easy.

Creepn
01-15-2014, 12:38 AM
The owners say to not disturb others. Even utsa students can figure out what that means.

Can't you?

Turn your phone off.
It took you 6 pages to finally change your stance about other annoying things in movies theaters besides text. At first you had no opinion about people snacking loudly because "it's always been there". Now on page 6 you say it's not OK to do that. I'm glad you realized the hypocritical error of your ways.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:40 AM
It took you 6 pages to finally change your stance about other annoying things in movies theaters besides text. At first you had no opinion about people snacking loudly because "it's always been there". Now on page 6 you say is not OK to do that. I'm glad you realized the hypocritical error of your ways.

Nope. I never advocated loud anything. Neither have theater owners.

I hope you realized you need to turn your phone off.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:42 AM
This is an easy argument. If you text in a theater and someone complains, you will be ejected, not the person who complained. You will then end up in a hilarious Alamo Drafthouse promo when you think your logic will fly.

If I get ejected Ill leave. Thankfully in my experiences most people don't have a stick stuck up their ass like y'all do. Have never got a complaint or witnessed anybody complain about the horrible 'glow'.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:43 AM
If I get ejected Ill leave. Thankfully in my experiences most people don't have a stick stuck up their ass like y'all do. Have never got a complaint or witnessed anybody complain about the horrible 'glow'.

Do it at the drafthouse, Madonna.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:44 AM
I'm not saying its wrong or right, I'm saying its just the time we live in. I'm not gonna be a douche-bag and get all worked up because someone is texting. Its never bothered me at all.

That's fine that it doesn't bother you. I get that. The fact is, it bothers enough people that the theaters felt the need to make rules and express their views loudly that texting/talking is not ok. So despite the fact everyone has a phone and is very connected, everyone knows before going in and especially after they are in, that talking/texting is not ok.

It may not bother you or even a lot of others, but it does bother enough people for it to be an issue and that should be enough.

I could get if someone was saying that you watching porn in your own home bothered them morally and you having an issue with that. But this is different. You are in a private business with rules and not only that, even if there were not rules, if enough people took issue with something, common decency dictates that you should not do those things. It's like if you are having a serious conversation with someone and they start texting during your conversation. It's not that you can't continue talking, but it's just considered rude and shows a lack of consideration of others feelings.

Creepn
01-15-2014, 12:45 AM

We've asked you repeatedly how you felt about people eating their food or drinking loudly. You didn't object to it at all and you said, "it's always been there". Go to page 2 If you forgot what you typed.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:45 AM

Texting isn't loud.

CuckingFunt
01-15-2014, 12:46 AM

I have seen people do exactly that.

My money, too, and I paid it to watch a film.

So you're just being an asshole because it's more convenient for you than not being an asshole and you don't care if everyone thinks you're an asshole. Got it.

I'll stop worrying about what other people are doing as soon as they stop insisting upon doing it while in a darkened, enclosed room with me.

ChumpDumper
If you don't have the self control to be witbout a phone for two hours, you're doing life wrong.

Creepn
Texting isn't loud.
I know right. He's all over the damn place.

RD2191
01-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Firstly, that implies there are times you want to watch a film without peace and quiet. Why?

Secondly, just because peace and quiet isn't important to you when you watch a film, why the need to fuck with everyone else's?
Going to the Cinema is an experience, people laughing, kids yelling, annoying teens walking up and down the aisles, it is what it is.

Like I said before, I don't see it as right or wrong, its never bothered me so that's just my opinion.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:47 AM

Well again, you seem to only form a narrow view. I have seen plenty of people ejected for talking, texting or other activities. I haven't complained (I have only asked one person next to me to be quiet once) but I have seen it plenty of times. Just because no one complains, doesn't make it ok. Do you not see how awful that logic is? Is wrong only defined by the times someone complains?

That's the mindset of a self absorbed loser IMO. They only care about themselves and act like inconsiderate jerks because they know most people won't go to the lengths of complaining.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Texting isn't loud.
Theaters ask you to do neither.

lolutsa

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Do it at the drafthouse, Madonna.

I've checked my phone there before. My girl posted a status just as our waiter was bringing us beer actually. Like I said thankfully the average person doesn't have a stick stuck up their ass.

ChumpDumper
Going to the Cinema is an experience, people laughing, kids yelling, annoying teens walking up and down the aisles, it is what it is.

Like I said before, I don't see it as right or wrong, its never bothered me so that's just my opinion.so you got no problem with theaters makimg rules.

Cool.

Creepn
If you don't have the self control to be witbout a phone for two hours, you're doing life wrong.

If you don't have the self control to handle life distractions, then you need to stay your ass at home. Take Yoga classes and learn concentration techniques. Goodnight movie nazis!

RD2191
01-15-2014, 12:50 AM
so you got mo problem with theaters makimg rules.

Cool.
Did you have a stroke? Why the fuck do you keep using m instead of n?

DPG21920
It's called "peace and quiet". It's not about things being loud. It's about not only the rules of the establishment, but all things that bother people whether they are loud or not. A bright light is obviously enough of a distraction that movie theaters specifically ask that you don't do it and kick you out if you do potentially.

CuckingFunt
I'm not going to mock your education or your lack of critical thinking skills. I am simply going to say it legitimately makes me sad that someone who says they are college educated can display this level of ignorance.

You clearly haven't spent much time in a college classroom since texting became a thing. It's insufferable there, too.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:52 AM
If you don't have the self control to handle life distractions, then you need to stay your ass at home. Take Yoga classes and learn concentration techniques. Goodnight movie nazis!
Nah, I will just go to theaters that have and enforce rules.

Stay out the theater and text all you like.

FkLA

And how enjoyable must your life be if a little glow bothers you that much? I can only imagine what other things irritate you.

DPG21920
I've checked my phone there before. My girl posted a status just as our waiter was bringing us beer actually. Like I said thankfully the average person doesn't have a stick stuck up their ass.

:lol So, in your opinion, someone reporting you for breaking the explicit rules would have the issue (i.e. having a stick up their ass) but not you?

DPG21920

That is just really silly, Creepn. Honestly, tell me right now, do you believe what you just typed?

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Did you have a stroke? Why the fuck do you keep using m instead of n?edited.

Turn off your phone in the theater. It's easy.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:54 AM
And how enjoyable must your life be if a little glow bothers you that much? I can only imagine what other things irritate you.

Self absorbed idiots bother me.

Just turn off your phone. Enjoy the show.

DPG21920
01-15-2014, 12:54 AM
You clearly haven't spent much time in a college classroom since texting became a thing. It's insufferable there, too.

I have - the point was I wasn't going to resort to mocking his education level/choice of school nor the level of critical thinking skills he is displaying. I am just really saddened to see this is how "educated" young adults really think. Not surprising because there are a lot of inconsiderate, self-absorbed people in the world; still makes me disappointed though.

CuckingFunt
01-15-2014, 12:56 AM

What I specifically mentioned was finding it especially annoying that people would fuck with my enjoyment of something I do take seriously just so they can do something they don't take seriously. I don't give two shits as long as their lack of focus isn't distracting to mine.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 12:56 AM
lol they probably text all through their utsa classes

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Well again, you seem to only form a narrow view. I have seen plenty of people ejected for talking, texting or other activities. I haven't complained (I have only asked one person next to me to be quiet once) but I have seen it plenty of times. Just because no one complains, doesn't make it ok. Do you not see how awful that logic is? Is wrong only defined by the times someone complains?

That's the mindset of a self absorbed loser IMO. They only care about themselves and act like inconsiderate jerks because they know most people won't go to the lengths of complaining.

Keeping quiet is a different argument and I follow that.

I mean what kind of person is watching the movie screen then immediately loses focus and becomes angered when a person texts? Must be that Napoleon attitude kicking in.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 12:59 AM
:lol So, in your opinion, someone reporting you for breaking the explicit rules would have the issue (i.e. having a stick up their ass) but not you?

I'm not the irritable one am i ?

RD2191
Keeping quiet is a different argument and I follow that.

I mean what kind of person is watching the movie screen then immediately loses focus and becomes angered when a person texts? Must be that Napoleon attitude kicking in.

DPG21920
That is just a random throw away insult that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

FkLA
01-15-2014, 01:00 AM
Self absorbed idiots bother me.

Just turn off your phone. Enjoy the show.

I enjoy and focus on the show just fine with my phone on tbh.

DPG21920
I'm not the irritable one am i ?

Sure you are. You seem irritated that someone would complain just for texting. You seem to be really upset at those who have a stick up their ass IMO..

RD2191
Like I said before, its simple, stay home.

DPG21920
I enjoy and focus on the show just fine with my phone off tbh.

Exactly.