PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Wiggins is the best prospect in the league

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-13-2014, 11:51 PM
17 points, 19 rebounds tonight over the 8th ranked Cyclones. This guy is a beast. I know there's a lot of Wiggins haters up here.. but I'd like to know why they'd take Parker or Young first.

monosylab1k
01-14-2014, 12:03 AM
tbh he's not dominating like Durant/Carmelo at the college level, which makes me wonder if he really has the motor to be a star in the NBA. Also he's supposed to be a terrific shooter but his shot has been garbage at Kansas. Athletically obviously he's incredible but he definitely went from a guaranteed franchise player to more of a project with huge upside.

Venti Quattro
01-14-2014, 12:12 AM
I thought Cat Newton was...

sook
01-14-2014, 12:14 AM
He seems to have the right attitude, but I agree with the Durant comment. Watching Durant you knew he was gonna be a legend in the NBA. Maybe Wiggins just needs more time because Jab. Parker looks more polished at this point.

Katherine Robinson
01-14-2014, 12:19 AM
He will enter the NBA with limitless potential, but limited capacity to realize his potential. He will need guidance and an open mind on the team that drafts him, there are only a few situations where I see him becoming the player that we wish him to become.

I don't see any of the teams who could draft him helping him in this, I wish him luck.

01-14-2014, 12:21 AM
But who was Jabari Parker OP

01-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Tfw same age as these guys and instead of being on my way to 10k CEO/day status like them I'll be filling out scholarship apps hoping I don't need more loans )))))))):

Thebesteva
01-14-2014, 12:25 AM
17 points, 19 rebounds tonight over the 8th ranked Cyclones. This guy is a beast. I know there's a lot of Wiggins haters up here.. but I'd like to know why they'd take Parker or Young first.

I always tell the truth

1) You suck cat dick
2) I am unsure of college ball so I'll let the pros talk about it

lefty
01-14-2014, 01:11 AM
I thought Cat Newton was...
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/833193199.gif
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cam-reaction.jpg

whitemamba
01-14-2014, 03:21 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/082010/1280829828_kangaroo-licking-its-balls.gif
OP

spurraider21
01-14-2014, 03:28 AM
its not that this board hates wiggins, so much that he has underwhelmed. probably because he had way too much hype coming in, being tabbed as the best prospect since lebron, etc

Killakobe81
01-14-2014, 09:34 AM
its not that this board hates wiggins, so much that he has underwhelmed. probably because he had way too much hype coming in, being tabbed as the best prospect since lebron, etc

This. The thing I like he is getting stronger and tbh now Parker and Randle are underwhelming. Momentum wise, I think Smart and Wiggins are ascending Parker and Randle descending. I think the more I watch I would take Embid or Wiggins first, BUT I just wish Wiggins was more aggressive. You can see the raw athleticism speed and explosion ... but I dont see aNYTHING close to Lebron. In fact right now he doesnt appear as good as a healthy Durant or Rose were as college freshmen. I do think he his upside is higher than Parker's just that his skill level is a bit lower, but he can improve and when he does he should be the top prospect.

Captivus
01-14-2014, 09:46 AM
The question is: Would a team risk not choosing Wiggins? Would the Bobcats do that?
Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are probably the Top 3. Chossing 3rd is easy...the other 2 teams are gonna bu critized is they miss.

AchillesHeel
01-14-2014, 09:50 AM
The question is: Would a team risk not choosing Wiggins? Would the Bobcats do that?
Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are probably the Top 3. Chossing 3rd is easy...the other 2 teams are gonna bu critized is they miss.

Will he declare for the draft though? He's still very raw with limited experience, though a great prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Irvvb7Y4-w

Rogue
01-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Wiggins surely will have a lot to do to justify all the hype imho. Dude's been talked about since before John Wall came to the NBA and it's hard to believe he's only 18yr old as of today. In the modern era there was only one player who received so much hype and attention before being drafted into the NBA imho

ambchang
01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Wiggins seems to be a small version of D12 back in the day. Incredible athletic ability, unpolished game.

Parker reminds me or a mix of Melo and Rice. Just me.

sook
01-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Wiggins surely will have a lot to do to justify all the hype imho. Dude's been talked about since before John Wall came to the NBA and it's hard to believe he's only 18yr old as of today. In the modern era there was only one player who received so much hype and attention before being drafted into the NBA imho
Ricky Rubio? The amount of hype that overrated can't shoot for his life spaniard piece of crap player got was ridiculous. I remember there used to be threads on this site too about how he would be the next magic johnson. Teams were literally willing to trade everything they had to grab him (Daryl Murrrayyy too of course).

I never understand the crazy hype young fools get out of highschool/college, it just gives them a big head and future reason to call them a bust. The king of all this hype was of course Rubio, but Wall, Jennings, and some other players had it too. This enviornment always creates a perfect storm for an overlooked player with tons of potential because it gives him the most important thing of all--a chip on his shoulder--ambition. Thats when you get the Dirks, Nashes, Kobes etc...