PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jefferson defends his tenure with the Spurs:

SpursFan86
01-15-2014, 01:41 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/01/15/rj-defends-spurs-tenure-look-at-kawhis-numbers/

Funny how he says to look at the numbers...Kawhi's PER this year is 17.4, while RJ's best year with the Spurs was 13.1. That's ignoring Kawhi's superior on-ball defense as well. Not to mention Jefferson's completely underwhelming performance in the playoffs both years compared to Kawhi's great performance in last year's playoffs.

Sigz
01-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Dick was awful.

And he's gay.

boutons_deux
01-15-2014, 01:54 PM
"tenure" is misused, fucking sports journalists.

RD2191
01-15-2014, 02:02 PM
He makes good points, tbh.

monkeypunk
01-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Dick was awful.

And he's gay.

Nothing wrong with being gay, just don't suck it on the court...

See what I did there?

(crickets)

Seriously, his aggression level was my main issue. He avoided contact on every drive which negates his primary ability. 3s are nice and all but without the threat of taking it inside, he was shut down easily and was a net negative. Love how Dice basically called him a pussy after a playoff loss. Also Sheed basically saying that he didn't want to play for the Spurs cause he thought our trade for RJ was a bad move. Good times!

Mikeanaro
01-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Dick Harvey Oswald, professional scrub, somebody shoot that POS.

wildcardX
01-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Dickie J was mostly an overpaid 3pt shooter and less of a defender than Kawhi.

bklynspursfan
01-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Hope Kawhi abuses him tonight..

look_at_g_shred
01-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Hope Kawhi reads that.

TheyCallMePro
01-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Truth is RJ was great for us. He helped lead us to the best record in the West (61-21) in 2010-11, and if it hadn't been for Ginobili breaking his elbow in the final game of the regular season, then RJ would have performed better without all the added pressure of carrying the offense.

The truth is you all hated RJ because of his contract and because he was a vet who wasn't going to apologize for his shortcomings. But as a player he was very good for us--he just didn't mesh with the expectations of the fans or fit with the personality of the team.

cd98
01-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Why all the hate? He did us a solid by missing key free throws in the GS series in last year's playoff run.

Kidd K
01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah he wasn't that bad, his contract just wasn't very good. He was certainly worse than Leonard is now though

Trainwreck2100
01-15-2014, 03:23 PM
This is gonna be like when rj talked shot about the garden. And then ny wiped the floor with him

Chomag
01-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Cant believe there are people defending this guy. Well everyone has their fans I guess.

justinandimcool
01-15-2014, 03:30 PM
RJ hate is the only example I can think of where GNSF blind hating on Spurstalk actually evolved into common mainstream NBA belief that he sucked on the Spurs.

He was never bad on the Spurs. The Spurs were never bad with him. Sure, his contract stunk and we were never gonna win a title with him- but Kiwi hasn't won us a title yet either tbh.

I can think of 6, hell 8 other players who choked just as bad against Phoenix and Memphis those years we got eliminated.

RD2191
01-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Blame RC and Pop for bringing him in, knowing that most small forwards are shit in their system.

apalisoc_9
01-15-2014, 03:35 PM
He's right, the system doesn't allow for three's to get touches in San Antonio. That said, he's an idiot for comapring himself to kawhi whose PER is a million times better than his.

johnpaulwall21
01-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Jefferson>>>Jackson

RD2191
01-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Wasn't the whole team playing like shit when RJ was here? Why blame just RJ?

Sean Cagney
01-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Truth is RJ was great for us. .

^^^^^ Ehhhhhhhhhh a little far there saying great.
Why all the hate? He did us a solid by missing key free throws in the GS series in last year's playoff run.

^^^^^^ TRUE!

Mikeanaro
01-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Cant believe there are people defending this guy. Well everyone has their fans I guess.
I guess, dude was pure trash.

KL2
01-15-2014, 03:56 PM
RJ hate is the only example I can think of where GNSF blind hating on Spurstalk actually evolved into common mainstream NBA belief that he sucked on the Spurs.

He was never bad on the Spurs. The Spurs were never bad with him. Sure, his contract stunk and we were never gonna win a title with him- but Kiwi hasn't won us a title yet either tbh.

I can think of 6, hell 8 other players who choked just as bad against Phoenix and Memphis those years we got eliminated.

He was bad considering his contract and what was expected of him. He was also one of the worst defenders in the nba and screwed up the ball movement with his hesitancy on offense, couldn't be counted on period. Leonard on the other hand nearly lead us to a title and has been a key player since his rookie year.

We also had guys like Bonner/Hill/Blair etc. around RJ, a recipe for disaster on defense.

look_at_g_shred
01-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Dude was scared of contact.

CitizenDwayne
01-15-2014, 03:58 PM
He was fine, nothing more, nothing less.

SpursFan86
01-15-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't think he was HORRIBLE...but he played well below his contract level, and was pretty shitty in the playoffs.

phxspurfan
01-15-2014, 04:32 PM
RJ was a good shooter, but he wasn't worth 15 mil or whatever. So yeah, you have to consider the contract, and thus the expectations coming in, to realize how big a disappointment he was. The guy was treated like our savior when he came in, like he was the tipping point or the last piece, the coveted Long Three that was going to make this team perennial contenders. But he just never fit in with our system. He's basically a volume scorer, like a poor man's Rudy Gay.

Beaverfuzz
01-15-2014, 04:41 PM
He "did" what he was supposed to do in San Antonio, oh and he was massively overpaid AND thought that just because he went to U of A that he shit didn't stink. Have seen enough of the after the game RJ in Portland to base my opinion on that. Note to RJ, Channing Frye also though you were a tool.

apalisoc_9
01-15-2014, 04:44 PM
RJ was a good shooter, but he wasn't worth 15 mil or whatever. So yeah, you have to consider the contract, and thus the expectations coming in, to realize how big a disappointment he was. The guy was treated like our savior when he came in, like he was the tipping point or the last piece, the coveted Long Three that was going to make this team perennial contenders. But he just never fit in with our system. He's basically a volume scorer, like a poor man's Rudy Gay.

Offensively he was a great fit tbh. He's a 3 in Pop's system, all he really needs to do is hit threes..The problem with RJ was his poor defense when the spurs needed it the most..Part of a 3's job in pop's system is defending elite perimiteer players, but when the spurs signed his lateral movement was so slow that faster elite players can just blow up on him.

Offensively, you couldn't really ask more for him..He did his part. Defensively, it was the spurs fault for thinking RJ is more than just a mediocre defender.

timtonymanu
01-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Can't believe people are actually defending RJ. :lol

The guy was a team cancer in a way that he just brought the energy down with his passiveness. Kawhi has trouble in the system too but he's always willing to step up. RJ always wanted to hide in the offense and look lazy. RJ made Diaw 1.0 look like a heroballer.

hater
01-15-2014, 04:56 PM
worst free agent signing in the history of the Spurs. Signing Dickface took put the Spurs back 2 years. Eventually spurs recovered from that disgrace but it really took a toll and wasted at least 2 good years of the big 3

hater
01-15-2014, 04:59 PM
He was fine, nothing more, nothing less.

for the money he was commanding and thus diminishing Spurs chances to get better players, he was an abortion.

plus his attitude was lackadaisical, he didn't give a shit in the end. and his comments today prove it. HE DIDN"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WINNING, how people can brush that off is beyond me

unforeseen
01-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Spurs gave him a horrible contract. Luckily GS took it off the books.

01-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Kawhi drops 25 on this scrub tonight

dallasmaverickslose
01-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Tbh if he wasn't outrageously overpaid and was given minutes like Jax was during his time here...

...he still sucks.

Spanklin
01-15-2014, 06:03 PM
If it wasn't for that stupid contract I'd still take Jefferson over Kiwi. Dick's shooting 45% from three this year and Kiwi can't hit his ass with a handful of wheat. His defense is the most overrated thing in the history of this board too.

dallasmaverickslose
01-15-2014, 06:04 PM
If it wasn't for that stupid contract I'd still take Jefferson over Kiwi. Dick's shooting 45% from three this year and Kiwi can't hit his ass with a handful of wheat. His defense is the most overrated thing in the history of this board too.

http://www.picturesnew.com/media/images/genius-photo.png

ChumpDumper
01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Spurs gave him a horrible contract. Luckily GS took it off the books.

No the spurs were lucky he agreed to redo the contract in the first place.

cd021
01-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Some of it was on the Spurs organization. Acquiring him for Thomas, Bowen, Oberto to be the 4th option. $14 million for a forth option? They knew he need the ball to be effective a good score and not much else. Athleticism isn't nearly as important in our system. You're open, you shoot. He was a average shooter from behind the arc from most of his career and had to defer to Parker, and Manu on the wing.

To his credit he did return and work on his jumpshot. Showing drastic improvement, from behind the arc and fitting better in the system. He was simply overpaid and his history as a 20 ppg scorer and him playing with the Spurs from age 29-32. People expected too much because of his salary. If he played for $5 million and their would be less hatred against him.

We did get out of the deal with Jackson and had a great one to the WCF, our first WCF since 08.

BacktoBasics
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Dick Harvey Oswald, professional scrub, somebody shoot that POS.

I guess, dude was pure trash.Seems as though the best you can formulate is parroting others. Quite common for a guy like you just begging for acceptance. He might not have put up his most glamorous numbers or had his most productive years here but he was far from a scrub and pure trash. He failed to fit into the system, was overplayed but serviceable. Keep convincing yourself you know what you're talking about as long as you mimic a few others.

weeks
01-15-2014, 08:10 PM
If it wasn't for that stupid contract I'd still take Jefferson over Kiwi.
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/bnonymoushaha/1279491171112.gif

Sean Cagney
01-15-2014, 11:37 PM
for the money he was commanding and thus diminishing Spurs chances to get better players, he was an abortion.

plus his attitude was lackadaisical, he didn't give a shit in the end. and his comments today prove it. HE DIDN"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WINNING, how people can brush that off is beyond me

I do not know but I agree with you fully. I don't see how anyone can support or be a fan of this half assed player. He sucks.

And you are an idiot too.......

Ask any GS fan last year or this year any Utah fan who they would take 10 times out of 10, you know the answer.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Can't really blame Jefferson for the Spurs acquiring a player that didn't have the tools to be the missing piece on the team, tbh..

I was happy with the RJ trade at the time, like most Spurs fans, but it was evident mid-way through the first season that he no longer had lateral quickness and that he would be just a spot-up shooter in the Spurs' system..

Last year's version of Leonard was clearly much superior to Jefferson as an overall player, and the Leonard we've seen since Splitter went out is the All-Star caliber player we expected in the off-season, tbh..

Spursfanfromafar
01-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Can't really blame Jefferson for the Spurs acquiring a player that didn't have the tools to be the missing piece on the team, tbh..

I was happy with the RJ trade at the time, like most Spurs fans, but it was evident mid-way through the first season that he no longer had lateral quickness and that he would be just a spot-up shooter in the Spurs' system..

Last year's version of Leonard was clearly much superior to Jefferson as an overall player, and the Leonard we've seen since Splitter went out is the All-Star caliber player we expected in the off-season, tbh..

Not just that, the fellow shrinked in the big moments, was utterly useless beyond spot-up shooting, even that with a slow release and failing in the clutch. It didnt' cost the Spurs much by trading for him... but they really could have avoided that big contract.

Spanklin
01-16-2014, 12:15 AM
I do not know but I agree with you fully. I don't see how anyone can support or be a fan of this half assed player. He sucks.

And you are an idiot too.......

Ask any GS fan last year or this year any Utah fan who they would take 10 times out of 10, you know the answer.

15 points on 10 shots vs 15 points on 12 shots in more minutes. Like I said, Jefferson NOW with a cheap contract would be a better fit, the perfect fit. He's much more mature than he was when he was here and would fit the role perfectly. As in opposite of how he didn't fit in then.

I think the hate for way overpaying him is clouding judgments. His efficiency is off the charts.

Sean Cagney
01-16-2014, 12:29 AM
15 points on 10 shots vs 15 points on 12 shots in more minutes. Like I said, Jefferson NOW with a cheap contract would be a better fit, the perfect fit. He's much more mature than he was when he was here and would fit the role perfectly. As in opposite of how he didn't fit in then.

I think the hate for way overpaying him is clouding judgments. His efficiency is off the charts.Look he is not better than a 22 year old LEONARD, way higher ceiling as well so just stop it. You are using one night as to say who is a better player? I would not take him NOW with a cheap contract over Leonard, he is alot older and his ceiling was reached years ago. I would take Kawhi this year and most would and you know it. Fit the role perfectly? What shooting threes at around 40% and not much else? He can't defend worth a crap and never did here, can't slash at all! Hardly even dunked here! He camped out on the wing.

He did not fit in then so why would he now exactly? He made alot here yes but it's not clouding my judgement! He did not show up for the playoffs either and Kawhi has shown he can and has shown up even at his young age. He was not that good here, period end of story. I am sure GS fans will tell you the same.

Oh yeah They play about the same amount of minutes a game, Kawhi 2 more PPG on a more stacked team, 51% shooting to Dicks 44% and 6 rebounds to Dicks 4 a game, how is he that much more efficient? He is shooting threes better yes, what else? I fail to see your point.

PÒÓCH
01-16-2014, 12:37 AM
---"Leonard, essentially a 2011 draft pick, has been playing for peanuts on a rookie scale contract — his career earnings will have totaled about $5.5 million by the end of the season. "

how does one get into the peanut business?

SpurSwag
01-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Don't understand the RJ hate from this article, he's 100% right

He isn't undermining anything Kawhi has done, he's just saying that the small forward position in Pop's system next to the big 3 doesn't get the chance to shine and really display much more than the corner 3, which he did well in his time here.

50Bestspurever
01-16-2014, 03:57 AM
The RJ singing was highly celebrated just as derek anderson was among spurs fans. Both of those guys were great for their old teams. they just didnt work out here. RJ just couldnt fit and DA was fucked by Juan Howard. If timing was different, who knows how it wouldve worked out for both of them.

TJastal
01-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Offensively he was a great fit tbh. He's a 3 in Pop's system, all he really needs to do is hit threes..The problem with RJ was his poor defense when the spurs needed it the most..Part of a 3's job in pop's system is defending elite perimiteer players, but when the spurs signed his lateral movement was so slow that faster elite players can just blow up on him.

Offensively, you couldn't really ask more for him..He did his part. Defensively, it was the spurs fault for thinking RJ is more than just a mediocre defender.

You are correct about the defense. And part of the problem was Pop was going through his small ball 4 phase and was bound and determined to make Jefferson a small ball 4 when the only way that can work is with a 4 who is an adequate defender at either the 3 or 4 spot. Jefferson had his problems either way but especially at the 4 where he offered no rim protection or rebounding.

Tim_5rings
01-16-2014, 06:59 AM
lol

http://youtu.be/gGNAKzG48nM

weeks
01-16-2014, 07:21 AM
i mean, i still remember how he let gary neal (plantar fascitis and everything) run him down to foul him out of a dunk.

then he missed both crucial free throws.

jag
01-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Truth is RJ was great for us. He helped lead us to the best record in the West (61-21) in 2010-11, and if it hadn't been for Ginobili breaking his elbow in the final game of the regular season, then RJ would have performed better without all the added pressure of carrying the offense.

The truth is you all hated RJ because of his contract and because he was a vet who wasn't going to apologize for his shortcomings. But as a player he was very good for us--he just didn't mesh with the expectations of the fans or fit with the personality of the team.

His time with the Spurs is judged relative to the expectations of the fans and front office. For all his talent, he was passive and weak-minded. He also killed the chemistry whenever he was on the court. I don't recall a player in the Spurs' current offensive system who could routinely disappear for an entire half, having no impact on the game whatsoever, the way Richard Jefferson could.

He was rarely "bad," but he was so underwhelming you'd almost rather see him gone. Before Kawhi, I wanted the Spurs to stick with RJ because the potential for game-changing play was still there. But he was happy to coast, and I was glad to see him go.

Snaq O'Meal
01-16-2014, 09:58 AM
lol

http://youtu.be/gGNAKzG48nM

That was no flop. RJ felt some contact on his posterior, and simply assumed his natural position. :D

Spanklin
01-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Whaaaaat? So much wrong with this.

Look he is not better than a 22 year old LEONARD, way higher ceiling as well so just stop it.

Jefferson was an All Star and integral piece to a championship contender. Leonard might be good but no way can you say his ceiling is higher than that right this moment.

What shooting threes at around 40% and not much else? He can't defend worth a crap and never did here, can't slash at all! Hardly even dunked here! He camped out on the wing.

What do you mean he can't slash? He has 101 shots in the restricted in Pootah's stupid system. Looks to me like he has to create most of those in medium to heavy traffic. In comp, Leonard has 161 shots there in our superior system.

Again, I'm afraid your contract hate is clouding your view of the guy.

He did not fit in then so why would he now exactly?

I'd take him on a vet min over Marco easily. Better fit, vet know how, and Marco doesn't have that luck factor that we thrive on. I believe Jefferson does and we need more of that this year. Pop burned all our luck last post season with those two mind boggling moves that lost us games.

[QUOTE=Sean Cagney;7074266]Oh yeah They play about the same amount of minutes a game, Kawhi 2 more PPG on a more stacked team, 51% shooting to Dicks 44% and 6 rebounds to Dicks 4 a game, how is he that much more efficient? He is shooting threes better yes, what else? I fail to see your point.[QUOTE]

Of course Kiwi scores more points in a better system. What you say is really MORE support for Jefferson since he's getting almost the same points in a crap system.

Rebounding is a function of coaching decisions-blah blah blah.

DMC
01-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Really? You're using luck as a measuring stick?

ThaBigFundamental21
01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
We all expected way to much from Jefferson. Admit it. An awful lot of people thought Jefferson would be the piece that put us over the top and get another ring. ADMIT IT. Lol. We thought he would be that 4th scorer we needed. He underwhelmed in a big way. Pop probably didn't utilize him right, and he wasn't as good as anyone thought in general. We put way to much expectations upon his shoulders, and when the Spurs couldn't get another ring we blamed Jefferson. Yeah, he sucked, but we crucify him unjustly. He is who he is.

Chomag
01-16-2014, 01:33 PM
yeah, a player that didn't care, and he was a cancer that brought the team energy down. I know I would have a hard time being motivated if I had RJ out their playing on my team.

Sean Cagney
01-16-2014, 01:34 PM
We all expected way to much from Jefferson. Admit it. An awful lot of people thought Jefferson would be the piece that put us over the top and get another ring. ADMIT IT. Lol. We thought he would be that 4th scorer we needed. He underwhelmed in a big way. Pop probably didn't utilize him right, and he wasn't as good as anyone thought in general. We put way to much expectations upon his shoulders, and when the Spurs couldn't get another ring we blamed Jefferson. Yeah, he sucked, but we crucify him unjustly. He is who he is.This is about all that needs to be said in this thread. I was happy the day he was shipped out with his contract though I could not lie! No wonder we took off to the CF again and the Finals the next year when he was gone, ironic.

Sean Cagney
01-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Whaaaaat? So much wrong with this.

Jefferson was an All Star and integral piece to a championship contender. Leonard might be good but no way can you say his ceiling is higher than that right this moment.

What do you mean he can't slash? He has 101 shots in the restricted in Pootah's stupid system. Looks to me like he has to create most of those in medium to heavy traffic. In comp, Leonard has 161 shots there in our superior system.

I'd take him on a vet min over Marco easily. Better fit, vet know how, and Marco doesn't have that luck factor that we thrive on. I believe Jefferson does and we need more of that this year. Pop burned all our luck last post season with those two mind boggling moves that lost us games.

[QUOTE=Sean Cagney;7074266]Oh yeah They play about the same amount of minutes a game, Kawhi 2 more PPG on a more stacked team, 51% shooting to Dicks 44% and 6 rebounds to Dicks 4 a game, how is he that much more efficient? He is shooting threes better yes, what else? I fail to see your point.[QUOTE]

Of course Kiwi scores more points in a better system. What you say is really MORE support for Jefferson since he's getting almost the same points in a crap system.

Rebounding is a function of coaching decisions-blah blah blah.

Why don't you put up a stat with the fact the SPURS TOOK off the year they traded this guy and made the conference Finals, seems they were relieved he was gone and did a little better without him out there huh? That just a few short years ago and you want that guy back in this system and think he would excell? I think not. It's no coincidence that the CF are made the year he is gone and the finals the next year, best trade ever getting rid of RJ and you want him back. HOW is that for a luck factor? I guess we got a luck factor for getting rid of that guy you want back so bad.

Take him over Marco? Look at their shooting PCT since you mention those in posts, efficiency etc. You are on your own here and you would take him over Kawhi and Marco, you are the only one on Earth probably who would. That veteran know how got us what? Just a few short years ago we trade him like I said and the SPURS take off and you act like he would thrive just two years later. He thrived and was the vet know how the Warriors needed last year I saw too :blah:lol:lol, his missed FT's gave us the SPARK and we actually stole a key game one that was the series IMO and gave the Spurs hope.

He is what he is and you want this bum back because he is OKAY on a cruddy UTAH team this year, go watch them and root for them then and you can have him on your team but as for Spurs fans I am sure they take Marco and Kawhi anyday over this guy and smile.

look_at_g_shred
01-16-2014, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=Spanklin;7074841]Whaaaaat? So much wrong with this.

[QUOTE=Sean Cagney;7074266]Oh yeah They play about the same amount of minutes a game, Kawhi 2 more PPG on a more stacked team, 51% shooting to Dicks 44% and 6 rebounds to Dicks 4 a game, how is he that much more efficient? He is shooting threes better yes, what else? I fail to see your point.

Why don't you put up a stat with the fact the SPURS TOOK off the year they traded this guy and made the conference Finals, seems they were relieved he was gone and did a little better without him out there huh? That just a few short years ago and you want that guy back in this system and think he would excell? I think not. It's no coincidence that the CF are made the year he is gone and the finals the next year, best trade ever getting rid of RJ and you want him back.
This post is simply saying Kawhi > RJ. Which is the truth. Suck it RJ. Wait....that's a compliment right?

Spanklin
01-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Why don't you put up a stat with the fact the SPURS TOOK off the year they traded this guy and made the conference Finals

How many times do I have to spell this out for you? I'm talking about the player he is now and not the one back then.

You sucking off Marco is too funny. Guy is a career 35% shooter from three and now shoots 50%. Hmmmmmm, you think that he magically improved by 50%, or you think just maybe the Spurs system might have a tiny bit to do with it? lmao

Jefferson would shoot way better than Marco if he were here, but I guess you can't see past the paperbag over your head with the box stats printed on the inside.

tholdren
01-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Nothing wrong with being gay, just don't suck it on the court...

See what I did there?

(crickets)

Seriously, his aggression level was my main issue. He avoided contact on every drive which negates his primary ability. 3s are nice and all but without the threat of taking it inside, he was shut down easily and was a net negative. Love how Dice basically called him a pussy after a playoff loss. Also Sheed basically saying that he didn't want to play for the Spurs cause he thought our trade for RJ was a bad move. Good times!
..agree we always called him roger dorn....

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 12:36 AM
How many times do I have to spell this out for you? I'm talking about the player he is now and not the one back then.

You sucking off Marco is too funny. Guy is a career 35% shooter from three and now shoots 50%. Hmmmmmm, you think that he magically improved by 50%, or you think just maybe the Spurs system might have a tiny bit to do with it? lmao

Jefferson would shoot way better than Marco if he were here, but I guess you can't see past the paperbag over your head with the box stats printed on the inside.

You say now and then you go on and talk about Marcos career? He is playing better than DICK was here and for less of a price sir. It magically improved because o f open looks we both know, but he can make some plays too with the ball where as DICK COULD NOT. Why would DICK come back to this team and magically be better than 2 years ago when they traded him? They traded him and took off, PERIOD. No thank you.

Jefferson would shoot way better than Marco if he were here? What would he shoot 60% from threes all of the sudden now? He shot in the 40's here pretty much, so how would he shoot way better than Marco right now? That makes no sense. He was here and failed, get over it that ship sailed.

Spanklin
01-17-2014, 02:54 PM
You say now and then you go on and talk about Marcos career? He is playing better than DICK was here and for less of a price sir. It magically improved because o f open looks we both know, but he can make some plays too with the ball where as DICK COULD NOT. Why would DICK come back to this team and magically be better than 2 years ago when they traded him? They traded him and took off, PERIOD. No thank you.

Jefferson would shoot way better than Marco if he were here? What would he shoot 60% from threes all of the sudden now? He shot in the 40's here pretty much, so how would he shoot way better than Marco right now? That makes no sense. He was here and failed, get over it that ship sailed.

Let's count up Cagney's backwoods logic:

1. Players are always the same and can never change.

2. Hates Jefferson now because he was paid $12,000,000 then.

3. Believes Marco could improve 50% from 0.35% to 0.50% in the Spurs system but Jefferson cannot improve 25% from 44% to 55%.

4. Thinks Jefferson doesn't make plays better than a guy whose ast% is in the low teens (mostly "hockey assists" that should be credited to Parker and others tbh).

5. Is making Marco "The Worst Defender On The Team" out to be a lock down defender like Tony Allen.

6. Cannot separate Jefferson at $12,000,000 from Jefferson at $1.5 million, and attached to an old number like an infant stuck on momma's nipple.

Did I miss anything important Cagney?

tmtcsc
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Jefferson sucked ass when he was here and never looked like he gave a shit. That's at any price. For what he was getting paid, he should just keep his mouth shut and giggle like a little girl for the amount of money he's made throughout his career. You can bet his agent is tops on his Christmas list. What a joke.

Seventyniner
01-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Here's the question then: if the Jazz reached a buyout agreement with Jefferson, would you want the Spurs to sign him for the minimum? Just for the rest of the season as a backup 3.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Let's count up Cagney's backwoods logic:

1. Players are always the same and can never change.

2. Hates Jefferson now because he was paid $12,000,000 then.

3. Believes Marco could improve 50% from 0.35% to 0.50% in the Spurs system but Jefferson cannot improve 25% from 44% to 55%.

4. Thinks Jefferson doesn't make plays better than a guy whose ast% is in the low teens (mostly "hockey assists" that should be credited to Parker and others tbh).

5. Is making Marco "The Worst Defender On The Team" out to be a lock down defender like Tony Allen.

6. Cannot separate Jefferson at $12,000,000 from Jefferson at $1.5 million, and attached to an old number like an infant stuck on momma's nipple.

Did I miss anything important Cagney?

HE WAS HERE AND HE FAILED and got traded away and is gone now! OKAY! We took off when he was gone and thats no lie. Spurs ran off a huge run when he gets traded, coincidence? You say what you want and be fanboy #1 of DICK but facts are facts. He was high paid here and underperformed with the expectations fans had, period end of story. Now talk to yourself and how you wish he would come back here over Kawhi and Marco and go be a UTAH fan because he is not coming back and thank GOD for that.

I could care less how much he makes now, he failed as a SPUR and I am not a fan of this guy, period.

BTW RICHARD did help us out last year some, he missed those two huge FT's that turned the game around for the Spurs in game one! He still was choking but this time it helped us out bigtime and we were able to nab game one so I thank him for that.

Jefferson sucked ass when he was here and never looked like he gave a shit. That's at any price. For what he was getting paid, he should just keep his mouth shut and giggle like a little girl for the amount of money he's made throughout his career. You can bet his agent is tops on his Christmas list. What a joke.

You are correct. This clown above wants him back now over KAWHI and so on but I am glad he is gone and he never seemed to care in SA as you said nor give it his all, thats my problem with this guy.
Here's the question then: if the Jazz reached a buyout agreement with Jefferson, would you want the Spurs to sign him for the minimum? Just for the rest of the season as a backup 3.

I doubt he does much in SA now but if he came cheap for the minimum which will not likely happen then yeah ONLY then.. I would not expect a thing out of him though like last time and take him for what he is. Him as a backup for the vet minimum would not be horrible for some spot minutes here or there. I am sure he might DO a little more than T Mac did last year.

exstatic
01-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Dear Mr. Pillow biter Jefferson,

Regular season numbers don't mean a thing. Kawhi is huge in the playoffs, and you were always a scared little girl. Troof bombs.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-15-2014, 10:36 PM
lol