PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Strong is Laying Down the Law

Biernutz
01-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Charlie has brought down a long list of rules that will change
the Longhorn program for the future.........

Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.

No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.

If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don't want to run.

No earrings in the football building. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.

Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.

The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.

This is just some of the rules ............................
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1923529-texas-football-in-for-major-culture-change-under-charlie-strong

Vito Corleone
01-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Oh hell, the Nazi's bombed Pearl Harbor

ThePop
01-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Rod Babers said today that Strong's new rules aren't too different from Mack's.

Robz4000
01-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Actually like those rules :tu

JMarkJohns
01-15-2014, 07:40 PM
We shall see...

As a college educator, the worst students I have are athletes. Regardless of whether the athlete is smart or stupid, save for those nerdy cross country runners, they almost all suck.

And I don't teach anything as difficult as college math or science.

HI-FI
01-15-2014, 09:18 PM
interesting to see how this will work at UT. UT being such a stoner and slacker place, hence why I'm a proud alumni, but hopefully this new coach can create a winning culture there. I've been on the fence about hiring Strong but maybe the program does need to bring down the law more.

rjv
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM
could be babers is covering his and mack's ass, or it could be that there are the written laws and the laws as they are actually applied (sort of like the ten commandments)

Halberto
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
interesting to see how this will work at UT. UT being such a stoner and slacker place, hence why I'm a proud alumni, but hopefully this new coach can create a winning culture there. I've been on the fence about hiring Strong but maybe the program does need to bring down the law more.

"UT being such a stoner and slacker place".... da fuq? I can understand the stoner part, but slacker? Just about every program (business, engineering, advertising, geology etc.) is ranked in the top ten nationally.

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 02:26 PM
no shit i busted my balls in a program that has many more intense core topics than in other universities

leemajors
01-16-2014, 02:32 PM
"UT being such a stoner and slacker place".... da fuq? I can understand the stoner part, but slacker? Just about every program (business, engineering, advertising, geology etc.) is ranked in the top ten nationally.

I think he is referring to Austin in general.

Kermit
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
I was stoned, and slacked. Still managed to graduate. It can be done.

the chronic
01-16-2014, 05:19 PM
UT being such a stoner and slacker place

i resent that

Blake
01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
No drugs.

fuck that.

TCU, Here I come

Blake
01-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.

The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.

So the team won't really live together.

Senior off campus cliques are forming as we speak.

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
I think he is referring to Austin in general.

this. but it seeps into UT as well. I busted my balls there, graduated with good grades, but in my experiences, there was a stoner and slacker vibe. Of course that could just be who I hung out with and my own personality. West Campus felt very pronounced in this regard. But the school is huge and eclectic so that's just my experience.

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 09:00 PM
this. but it seeps into UT as well. I busted my balls there, graduated with good grades, but in my experiences, there was a stoner and slacker vibe. Of course that could just be who I hung out with and my own personality. West Campus felt very pronounced in this regard. But the school is huge and eclectic so that's just my experience.

lol frat daddy

FkLA
01-16-2014, 09:01 PM
no shit i busted my balls in a program that has many more intense core topics than in other universities

Whats your degree in tbh ?

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Whats your degree in tbh ?

let's just say i had cal 1 and 2, math department stats and four semesters of a foreign language as core

i was a double major though so i overlapped instead of taking blow off classes

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 09:06 PM
lol frat daddy
yeah right. never joined one of those. I was Riverside almost the entire span, even lived at the gloriously terrible Metropolis. Some of my best friends lived on West Campus so that was my main exposure.

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 09:07 PM
yeah right. never joined one of those. I was Riverside almost the entire span, even lived at the gloriously terrible Metropolis. Some of my best friends lived on West Campus so that was my main exposure.

Riverside has the best tacos al pastor if you dodge the bullets and know a little espanol

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Riverside has the best tacos al pastor if you dodge the bullets and know a little espanol

I regret not going to those street vendors. I've been to some since then though. Whenever I went into HEB, I was like the sole gringo at times. I sort of hated Riverside, but I ended up staying there for like 3+ years so I guess I just got used to it. I don't spend as much time in Austin as I like but driving through there, it seems Riverside is getting more classy. It was a shithole when I was there. Oh well, +1 for gentrification.

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 09:22 PM
I regret not going to those street vendors. I've been to some since then though. Whenever I went into HEB, I was like the sole gringo at times. I sort of hated Riverside, but I ended up staying there for like 3+ years so I guess I just got used to it. I don't spend as much time in Austin as I like but driving through there, it seems Riverside is getting more classy. It was a shithole when I was there. Oh well, +1 for gentrification.

that and someone shot a cop there so the police locked it down like crazy and cleaned it up a bit

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 09:35 PM
that and someone shot a cop there so the police locked it down like crazy and cleaned it up a bit
for the best tbh. I remember at Metropolis, my room was by the pool and I heard some yelling and then what sounded like firecrackers, but then I realized those were bullets so I hit the floor because those walls were beyond paper thin. shittiest place imaginable imho. though because of thin walls you could hear the hot neighbor getting banged tbh. the next day I heard from front office that some druggie was so high they started firing a gun by the pool but cops were there and about to blow this dude's fucking head off. like I said, shithole. good they are cleaning it up.

sorry for thread derail. go Charlie Strong :tu :lol

FkLA
01-16-2014, 09:39 PM
let's just say i had cal 1 and 2, math department stats and four semesters of a foreign language as core

You have a B.A. don't you? Wasted those math classes smh.

LkrFan
01-16-2014, 09:39 PM
:tu

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 09:46 PM
hemann you little baby back bitch

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 10:20 PM
:tu

:lol

you gotta be fucking kidding me.

LkrFan
01-16-2014, 10:28 PM
:lol

you gotta be fucking kidding me.
Believe it son. Been a Longhorn fan since the days of Eric Metcalf. I'm still surprised they hired a brotha, but I'll take it. :toast

Clipper Nation
01-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Believe it son. Been a Longhorn fan since the days of Eric Metcalf. I'm still surprised they hired a brotha, but I'll take it. :toast
Son, you're too much like an Aggy to be a Longhornfan :lol

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 10:35 PM
I figured you would root for Trojans or Universidad de Guadalajara. closet Spurs fan here imo ^

i'm ultimately cool with the hiring. anything is better than last couple years of Mack, time for new energy.

LkrFan
01-16-2014, 10:52 PM
I figured you would root for Trojans or Universidad de Guadalajara. closet Spurs fan here imo ^

i'm ultimately cool with the hiring. anything is better than last couple years of Mack, time for new energy.
UT has turned into a country club atmosphere. They feel entitled. All those top 10 recruiting classes. 1 NC in several decades - courtesy of VY. No leadership or accountability from Mack these last few years. Insert Charlie. His immediate impact will be felt defensively. He was DC for two NC teams at UF. I'm excited.

LkrFan
01-16-2014, 10:53 PM
http://sharing.fox43tv.com/sharewdpp/photo/2014/01/07/Texas%20Strong%20Football_5087285_ver1.0_640_480.J PEG

HI-FI
01-16-2014, 11:02 PM
UT has turned into a country club atmosphere. They feel entitled. All those top 10 recruiting classes. 1 NC in several decades - courtesy of VY. No leadership or accountability from Mack these last few years. Insert Charlie. His immediate impact will be felt defensively. He was DC for two NC teams at UF. I'm excited.
my brother has been excited about the Strong hire, I don't keep up with as much hence why I check out this place for updates and from him. My brother is hardcore Longhorn fan since he was a kid, we both went there though so it's only school I identify with. I've heard some stories from trusted sources about the enabling, it goes on everywhere but I think it was time for a change. I think UT realized this as well.

ColinB
01-17-2014, 01:23 AM

Economics?

LoneStarState'sPride
01-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Sounds like Fran when he first came to A&M.

Strong will probably have better results, though, as he's a much better coach. We'll see how it goes.