PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Kings First Team to Accept Bitcoin

ace3g
01-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones (https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones) The Kings announced they will accept the virtual currency Bitcoin, becoming first pro sports team to do so.

AchillesHeel
01-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Used to use bitcoins for drugs

to each his own :lol

jimbo
01-16-2014, 05:13 PM
:lol I can't believe a gimmick like Bitcoin actually has relevance.

I remember trying to do mining like 5 years ago, but it was too complicated back then for me to care that much about it. Never got it setup. You couldn't even use them anywhere relevant.

Tried buying bitcoins to buy stuff on silkroad too, but I was put off that you had to actually wait for bitcoins to become available or something before getting them.

hater
01-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Sure bitcoin is lame. but think about it, those papers you use to buy your tampons with are as lame.

sure, those papers are supposedly backed by the Federal Reserve, but if you really investigate and think about it, the Federal Reserve is as big or even bigger gimmick as Bitcoin's algorithms

01-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Cliffs on bitcoins? I've heard of it but I'm not sure I understand. it's a real form of currency?

hater
01-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Cliffs on bitcoins? I've heard of it but I'm not sure I understand. it's a real form of currency?

there is no such thing as "real" form of currency. They all gimmicks in one way or another.

Bitcoin is based on algorithms and processing power. Niggas build up mining rigs (machines that have enough processing power to mine the damn coins) and hope to mine some of those coins, which I think are some kind of solutions to mathematical problems (some shit like that)

anyway there's supposed to be a finite # of bitcoins possible and they will all be mined in a few years. to summarize, don't worry about it nigga :lmao

jimbo
01-16-2014, 06:20 PM

Tech faggots circlejerking around fake money creating a bubble in the "market". You can't buy shit with it except drugs, kings tickets and shit on overstock.com. The kings tickets/overstock shit is just a marketing gimmick because they know the lemmings who actually bought bitcoin are probably dumb enough to be Kings fans or buy useless shit.

Everyone who is investing in bitcoin is a retard who thinks they can predict when the bubble is gonna pop. (Read: Every bubble ever) Some people are gonna get out in time and make $$$$$ (read: Mark Cuban w/ the dot com bubble), but most are just gonna lose everything they've "invested."

TXstbobcat
01-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Bitcoin shouldn't be taken seriously as an actual currency until you can use them to get lap dances at a gentleman's club.

01-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Bitcoin shouldn't be taken seriously as an actual currency until you can use them to get lap dances at a gentleman's club.
U trine throw bitcoins at dem hos, son?

01-16-2014, 07:29 PM
there is no such thing as "real" form of currency. They all gimmicks in one way or another.

Bitcoin is based on algorithms and processing power. Niggas build up mining rigs (machines that have enough processing power to mine the damn coins) and hope to mine some of those coins, which I think are some kind of solutions to mathematical problems (some shit like that)

anyway there's supposed to be a finite # of bitcoins possible and they will all be mined in a few years. to summarize, don't worry about it nigga :lmaoLmao alr

Tech faggots circlejerking around fake money creating a bubble in the "market". You can't buy shit with it except drugs, kings tickets and shit on overstock.com. The kings tickets/overstock shit is just a marketing gimmick because they know the lemmings who actually bought bitcoin are probably dumb enough to be Kings fans or buy useless shit.

Everyone who is investing in bitcoin is a retard who thinks they can predict when the bubble is gonna pop. (Read: Every bubble ever) Some people are gonna get out in time and make $$$$$ (read: Mark Cuban w/ the dot com bubble), but most are just gonna lose everything they've "invested."
Yeah, I heard about it from people investing in it, but never knew what it was. Thanks bruh.

Spurs9
01-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Sure bitcoin is lame. but think about it, those papers you use to buy your tampons with are as lame.

sure, those papers are supposedly backed by the Federal Reserve, but if you really investigate and think about it, the Federal Reserve is as big or even bigger gimmick as Bitcoin's algorithms

At the end of the day when people want to "cash" out a bitcoin investment what currency do they want back? If you had some bitcoin that went up 50% most people are going to cash out to lock in the gains into dollars. Its also one of the most volatile things you can invest in, and most involved in the currency are speculators with a very small percentage of people who actually use it for buying goods. There are also dozens of copy currencys that have sprung up, what separates bitcoin from any currency one of you guys creates out of your moms basement.
bitcoin
ripple
litecoin
peercoin
namecoin
dodgecoin
primec:cryin