PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will beat Portland on Friday

Amuseddaysleeper
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Blazers have come crashing back down to earth and exposed.

While they've done very well against the Spurs in the past, Friday will be one of the best victories of the season for SA.

I'll be curious as to how the Spurs defend Aldridge (I imagine Diaw will have that assignment as Ayres would be a disaster)

RD2191
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM
:wakeup

bklynspursfan
01-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I agree. Last nights ending is the perfect way to get Pop to fire them up.

apalisoc_9
01-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I think it's going to be a combination of Diaw and Ayres defending Aldrige. I wouldn't worry to much about Aldrige though

The Reckoning
01-16-2014, 04:53 PM
jinx thread

Dex
01-16-2014, 04:57 PM
That is one of three possible outcomes.

Mikeanaro
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
I donīt take it for granted, but I would love a big Win over that retarded scrub Bathtub and that classless buzzer he took that night.

hater
01-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Portland by double digits imo

Texas_Ranger
01-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Aldridge will score 50

Mikeanaro
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
^ Defense not always wins championships, we lost because 2 of our guys couldnt make those stupid freebies, there was no defense bothering them.

timtonymanu
01-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Yes, Diaw has to start out on Aldridge.

He dominated Dirk and Love recently so it makes a lot of sense to start Diaw. Containing Aldridge helps the Spurs a lot.

Unfortunately, the Spurs don't guard the 3 point shooters well and the Blazers are good at shooting 3s. And Lillard should go off per usual. Not having Green hurts a lot.

The Blazers have been mediocre lately but they always get up for the Spurs. Hopefully the Spurs don't coast too much. I don't really feel confident aboit this game.

Darius Bieber
01-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Portland by 30. :wakeup

Kidd K
01-16-2014, 06:02 PM
It's gonna be @SA but we're missing some important guys. I don't think it's a sure thing.

dallasmaverickslose
01-16-2014, 06:34 PM

r0drig0lac
01-16-2014, 06:48 PM
50% is the chance you'll be right

BacktoBasics
01-16-2014, 06:56 PM
^ Defense not always wins championships, we lost because 2 of our guys couldnt make those stupid freebies, there was no defense bothering them.This is possibly the most idiotic thing you may have ever posted here.

What next? It wasn't the Tornado that killed Jimmy Bob is was the 2x4 traveling at 135mph...

chrhawk
01-16-2014, 07:23 PM
I haven't looked it up but, I'll bet most of Portland's wins vs the Spurs(mostly at the Rose Garden) come when the Spurs on a back-to-back. So while Portland has been an annoyance in the past I think most of it had to do with when they played them.

spurs10
01-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Big game! I think we will impose our will on them!! :ihit

TE
01-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I haven't looked it up but, I'll bet most of Portland's wins vs the Spurs(mostly at the Rose Garden) come when the Spurs on a back-to-back. So while Portland has been an annoyance in the past I think most of it had to do with when they played them.
They (Portland) get a lot of wins vs teams that are on a back to back due to crappy scheduling. It's our turn for payback. I don't put too much emphasis on regular season wins, but beating a regular season try hard team like Portland is always good.

Solid D
01-16-2014, 08:10 PM
If the Blazers shoot their avg., I don't see the Spurs getting a W. Running Lillard away from the 3-pt line would help. He's .450 from there...but only .423 overall.

01-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Too much facts in OP
Wow
Such accuracy

Spurs by 13 tbh

SpurPadre
01-16-2014, 09:41 PM
I just hope Ayres or Baynes gives Batum a flagrant foul for that dick move of hitting a three at the end of the first game...if only for TD's entertainment. Of course, that's not the Spurs way but Ayres has been known to get into tussles in the past while with the Pacers.

Mikeanaro
01-16-2014, 09:59 PM
This is possibly the most idiotic thing you may have ever posted here.

What next? It wasn't the Tornado that killed Jimmy Bob is was the 2x4 traveling at 135mph...
Mmm, you are here busting my balls because you are butthurt about what happened on that stupid mute thread you found so amusing.
Defense not always wins championships, thats a fact but because it really looks cool to talk about defense lots of dudes here think they are more pro because they say DEFENSE. FUCK IT. D is becoming the new TBH here.
You can D like a god, but if you canīt score YOU ARE FUCKED.
Kawhi and Manu didnt make the freethrows, there was no D there, just them the ball and the basket, so simple that even little kids do that in their garages, they failed at offense.
I dont care your stupid Tornado analogy, thats you not me, girls likes it big, but also fat, if it isnt fat is not the same, how can you underestimate schlong fatness if girls like that too, everything matters man.
Look what i found http://www.basesandbaskets.com/2013/11/NBA-team-offenses-and-defenses-vs-winning-championships.html

sananspursfan21
01-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Aldridge will score 50

so will bonner

TheGoldStandard
01-16-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm going to the game tomorrow, looking forward to this game.. Want to see the same kind of balling from Manu 2nd half on and the way Parker has been playing since Memphis. Hope beyond hope Tim can find his mid range jumper.

mute
01-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Who was that guy I made a bet with? That if Spurs beat Blazers, I'd leave ST for a month.

spurs10
01-16-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm going to the game tomorrow, looking forward to this game.. Want to see the same kind of balling from Manu 2nd half on and the way Parker has been playing since Memphis. Hope beyond hope Tim can find his mid range jumper. I'm going too. Should be a great one!!

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 12:40 AM
I agree. Last nights ending is the perfect way to get Pop to fire them up.

Memphis games ending should have done that last week... How many times can that happen?

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 12:44 AM
^ Defense not always wins championships, we lost because 2 of our guys couldnt make those stupid freebies, there was no defense bothering them.

So they played no D the entire series and it came down to two FT's that lost the series? Defense does win championships, add in some LUCK which they got on their side and a bounce here or there which they got as well...... Spurs played great D in the series until the last game on Bron which they let him shoot wide open threes all game long and he connected on most, overall though GOOD D.

DMC
01-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Anyone here want to ELE bet this? I'll take the Spurs loss.

DMC
01-17-2014, 12:56 AM

Shitty take. Defensive possession ends with the rebound. Spurs didn't secure that in game 6. Lack of defense cost them that game.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Shitty take. Defensive possession ends with the rebound. Spurs didn't secure that in game 6. Lack of defense cost them that game.

Basically dead on.

wtgspurs
01-17-2014, 02:23 AM
DO YOU GUYS HAVETO MENTION GAME 6 IN EVERY FUCKING POST?!?!?!! FUCK!!!

RD2191
01-17-2014, 02:44 AM
DO YOU GUYS HAVETO MENTION GAME 6 IN EVERY FUCKING POST?!?!?!! FUCK!!!

:loltbh

wildchild
01-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Diaw could be a big help on Aldridge but we've weak D backcourt with Parker, Manu, Beli to contain Lillard :(

01-17-2014, 07:29 AM
The Spurs weakness is defending the 3 point shot which is what Portland excels at.

Obviously, if the 3 point shooters aren't contained, the Spurs won't win.

Killakobe81
01-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Spurs. Blazers were never legit title contenders. Aldridge will play well .. but Spurs win by 8 points or more.

bklynspursfan
01-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Memphis games ending should have done that last week... How many times can that happen?

Maybe it's me reading into stuff too much, but i feel like Pop is testing their ability to overcome adversity. (which I mean could be beneficial down the line if TD/Manu start sitting games) at anytime he could have put in TD and/or Manu in that 4th quarter when Utah started to make a push, but he left them out and let the guys on the floor deal with it. The Grizz game I thought they came back the next night against Dallas and responded well and then against the Wolves. The defensive effort on both Dirk/Love were great. Would be awesome to see a similar effort on Aldridge tonight.

Mikeanaro
01-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Nope, I donīt care if you or the whole ST users say that, even with Roy Ray 3 if those 2 made the freethrows would be a good ending.
Itīs more exact science make a fucking FT than secure a rebound, donīt you know that?

DMC
01-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Nope, I donīt care if you or the whole ST users say that, even with Roy Ray 3 if those 2 made the freethrows would be a good ending.
Itīs more exact science make a fucking FT than secure a rebound, donīt you know that?

You're pioneering a paradigm shift that the NBA coaches haven't latched onto yet. Keep at it. It'll catch fire.

Mikeanaro
01-17-2014, 10:25 AM
You're pioneering a paradigm shift that the NBA coaches haven't latched onto yet. Keep at it. It'll catch fire.
It will catch fire like Porky being better than Manu in your parallel universe.
Keep it simple, think about it, shooting a fucking FT is LESS COMPLEX THAN SECURE A REBOUND, if the ball goes like a meteor and hits the rim it could land on Mars, how many dudes are trying to catch it? where are they? etc.

vma16
01-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Too much facts in OP
Wow
Such accuracy

Spurs by 13 tbh

Much agreed
such overrated

Budkin
01-17-2014, 11:24 AM
:loltbh

imho!

Budkin
01-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Blazers always play like a team of superstars against us. A loss would not surprise me in the least but I'd still like to beat an "elite" team for once.

Beaverfuzz
01-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Simply put, if the Blazers shoot anywhere near 50%, they win this game easily. If it's nearer to 40%, then the Spurs run away with this one.

01-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Simply put, if the Blazers shoot anywhere near 50%, they win this game easily. If it's nearer to 40%, then the Spurs run away with this one.
So if they shoot anywhere near 50% they win easily? That would mean we shoot around 40%.
but if the Blazers shoot closer to 40% we'll run away with it? Meaning we would shoot around 50%.
But that contradicts your first prediction, because if we shoot 50% ,and they shoot 50%...how can they win easily?
and vice versa for your second prediction.

....math not even once

Beaverfuzz
01-17-2014, 02:27 PM
So if they shoot anywhere near 50% they win easily? That would mean we shoot around 40%.
but if the Blazers shoot closer to 40% we'll run away with it? Meaning we would shoot around 50%.
But that contradicts your first prediction, because if we shoot 50% ,and they shoot 50%...how can they win easily?
and vice versa for your second prediction.

....math not even once

I take it you haven't looked at the stats for many of Portland's recent wins vs the Spurs. Might want to check those out before clowning yourself a second time in this very thread. Both teams can shoot 40% and both teams can shoot 50%, it's happened many many many many many many many times before! :flag:

timtonymanu
01-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Pretty much. The Blazers honestly just need a bad shooting night and the Spurs will win easily.

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Spurs. Blazers were never legit title contenders. Aldridge will play well .. but Spurs win by 8 points or more.

Blazers have always looked like world beaters against the spurs though

CitizenDwayne
01-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Blazers always play like a team of superstars against us. A loss would not surprise me in the least but I'd still like to beat an "elite" team for once.

So you're saying a win tonight wouldn't have much meaning?

tlongII
01-17-2014, 02:51 PM
I think we'll be ready.

RD2191
01-17-2014, 02:53 PM
I think we'll be ready.
Shut your whore mouth.

BacktoBasics
01-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Mmm, you are here busting my balls because you are butthurt about what happened on that stupid mute thread you found so amusing.
Defense not always wins championships, thats a fact but because it really looks cool to talk about defense lots of dudes here think they are more pro because they say DEFENSE. FUCK IT. D is becoming the new TBH here.
You can D like a god, but if you canīt score YOU ARE FUCKED.
Kawhi and Manu didnt make the freethrows, there was no D there, just them the ball and the basket, so simple that even little kids do that in their garages, they failed at offense.
I dont care your stupid Tornado analogy, thats you not me, girls likes it big, but also fat, if it isnt fat is not the same, how can you underestimate schlong fatness if girls like that too, everything matters man.
Look what i found http://www.basesandbaskets.com/2013/11/NBA-team-offenses-and-defenses-vs-winning-championships.htmlI'm busting your balls because you asked for it. Then come to realize that 99% of what you say is the kind of shit I would peddle to a pee wee team in hopes they score 12 to win a game.

Reducing a loss to a free throw or two shows exactly how shallow and fundamentally oblivious you are.

Beaverfuzz
01-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I think we'll be ready.

tlong, where have you gone wrong? BTW, what do you think about Del Rio possibly coming to OSU?

Budkin
01-17-2014, 05:53 PM
So you're saying a win tonight wouldn't have much meaning?

No, I'm saying it would mean a lot.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 05:57 PM

I agree, Aldridge will play well and Portland is a few years off from a legit contender.

easy7
01-17-2014, 06:09 PM
:flag:May the non-guest team win...:flag:

tlongII
01-17-2014, 06:16 PM
tlong, where have you gone wrong? BTW, what do you think about Del Rio possibly coming to OSU?

Del Rio?

timtonymanu
01-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Spurs almost won the title last year so I disagree with they were never legit title contenders but I agree Aldridge will play well and Portland is a few years off from a legit contender.

I think he was just referring to Portland in his post.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 06:39 PM
I think he was just referring to Portland in his post.

Probable as he is not a bad poster most of the time like some idiots downstairs.

I edited the post.

weeks
01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
portland was the team that started our downward spiral, when we crashed into the playoffs last year

Beaverfuzz
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Del Rio?

Luke Del Rio. Aren't you still a member of BeaverBlitz?

timtonymanu
01-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Everyone but Manu let you down tonight, Amused.

phxspurfan
01-17-2014, 10:45 PM
but no one got hurt!

no one important

Darius Bieber
01-17-2014, 10:46 PM

Reck
01-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Remember that time when one of your game thread got locked? Now you know. :lmao OP

intlspurshk
01-17-2014, 10:56 PM
stupid thread

Mikeanaro
01-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Cant change thread title? :lol

DMC
01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Anyone here want to ELE bet this? I'll take the Spurs loss.

Chickenshits

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 11:25 PM
portland was the team that started our downward spiral, when we crashed into the playoffs last year

?? They swept two series on the way to the Finals after that and should have won, what are you talking about? This made no sense at all.

Budkin
01-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Chickenshits

The real chickenshit is downstairs tbh.

DMC
01-17-2014, 11:54 PM
The real chickenshit is downstairs tbh.

Oh I'm sure.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Fucking hell, another shitty loss.

*face palm*

Sean Cagney
01-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Fucking hell, another shitty loss.

*face palm*
I agree and fully, this is a pattern this year and NOBODY can deny it :(

weeks
01-18-2014, 04:08 AM
?? They swept two series on the way to the Finals after that and should have won, what are you talking about? This made no sense at all.
last season, we were doing well

then towards the end, we started sucking hard. instead of riding high into the playoffs, we crash-landed - ended the season with a whimper.

if i recall correctly, it was a game against portland that kicked off the aforementioned downward spiral. or maybe it was phoenix? my memory is hazy.

Sean Cagney
01-18-2014, 04:13 AM
last season, we were doing well

then towards the end, we started sucking hard. instead of riding high into the playoffs, we crash-landed - ended the season with a whimper.

if i recall correctly, it was a game against portland that kicked off the aforementioned downward spiral. or maybe it was phoenix? my memory is hazy.
Yeah but they corrected it and went on to tear through the first round and then swept the WCF! So that Portland game sucked yes but honestly they did well in the playoffs last year after that. I thought the fact they stumbled into the playoffs last year that they were out in round one or two, they shocked me with the way they played down the stretch last year and actually doing so well in the playoffs and they should have won it all TBH. I will take a repeat of stumbling after a game if they can go on a tear again but I doubt that happens :( This year they just look pathetic against good teams so far.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Blazers have come crashing back down to earth and exposed.

While they've done very well against the Spurs in the past, Friday will be one of the best victories of the season for SA.

I'll be curious as to how the Spurs defend Aldridge (I imagine Diaw will have that assignment as Ayres would be a disaster)

I bet you just feel like a stupid dipshit loser.

tlongII
01-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Luke Del Rio. Aren't you still a member of BeaverBlitz?

Nah I quit the board. I was getting too pissed off.