PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts

CubanSucks
01-17-2014, 02:13 AM
I've recently been keeping up with Race Wars by Sherrod Small and Kurt Metzger. The idea of podcasts are easy to make fun of but I can't help but get interested in comedians perspectives on things. Plus, they're part of a big circle of New York based comedians who are the most politically incorrect people there are. They're talented but they kinda know they won't make it big and kinda don't care so they just don't give a shit about anything

anyone have any they listen to?

IronMaxipad
01-17-2014, 02:58 AM
WTF with Marc Maron
Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast
How did this get made?

Reck
01-17-2014, 04:39 AM
WTF with Marc Maron

Dude even got on Netflix somehow. lol

leemajors
01-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
Duncan Trussell Family Hour
Bertcast
Punch Drunk Sports
Your Mom's House
Talkin Shit w/Eddie Ifft

CuckingFunt
01-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Regularly:
Girl on Guy
How Did This Get Made?
The Indoor Kids

Sporadically and/or depending on subject/guest(s):
Nerdist
This American Life
Savage Lovecast
Doug Loves Movies
Kermode & Mayo (film reviews)
Firewall & Iceberg (TV reviews/news)

leemajors
01-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Regularly:
Girl on Guy
How Did This Get Made?
The Indoor Kids

Sporadically and/or depending on subject/guest(s):
Nerdist
This American Life
Savage Lovecast
Doug Loves Movies
Kermode & Mayo (film reviews)
Firewall & Iceberg (TV reviews/news)

Getting Doug with High is pretty entertaining too.

CuckingFunt
01-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Getting Doug with High is pretty entertaining too.

I've watched that a few times, but it fell by the wayside pretty quickly. I already consume too much media to have room/time for any more.

leemajors
01-17-2014, 11:57 AM
I've watched that a few times, but it fell by the wayside pretty quickly. I already consume too much media to have room/time for any more.

ahh, I rarely watch video for podcasts. I listen while I work.

CuckingFunt
01-17-2014, 12:08 PM
ahh, I rarely watch video for podcasts. I listen while I work.

And I only became aware of that one through Youtube. Didn't even realize it had a podcast component, as well.

ginobili's bald spot
01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
I love podcasts and listen to a bunch of them. Although I have to switch it up because people get on my nerves after a while.

WTF with Marc Maron

Sometimes this, until I get tired of Maron's bitter and condescending interviews filled with pop psychology

Duncan Trussell Family Hour

I used to be really into DTFA but Duncan is super repetitive and his pseudo intellectualism gets really old after a while.

The Rogan podcast is pretty good when they have interesting guests and Getting Doug with High is great

leemajors
01-17-2014, 05:41 PM
I love podcasts and listen to a bunch of them. Although I have to switch it up because people get on my nerves after a while.

Sometimes this, until I get tired of Maron's bitter and condescending interviews filled with pop psychology

I used to be really into DTFA but Duncan is super repetitive and his pseudo intellectualism gets really old after a while.

The Rogan podcast is pretty good when they have interesting guests and Getting Doug with High is great

I know what you mean, I cherry pick his now most of the time, and even skip the intros occasionally. Champs can be really good too, the MC Serch one from last week was great - his Hammer and Bushwick Bill stories were fantastic.

Pauly D
03-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Update on favorites:

You Know What Dude (YKWD) with Robert Kelly

My Wife Hates Me with Bonnie McFarlane and Rich Vos

Weird Medicine with Dr Steve

The Anthony Cumia Show (just the free weekly best of)

and my new favorite
http://www.dailymotion.com/Freespeechpodcast

Let's hear yours, gang!

redzero
03-28-2015, 01:25 AM
I am only now getting into podcasts after binging on Opie & Anthony episodes for the past year. All the O&A regulars have interesting podcasts, and it's refreshing that that cancer Opie isn't around to shout "HOLD ON! HOLD ON! HOLD ON!" because he wants to stop good bits in their tracks and steer shows where he wants them to go.

Pauly D
03-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Holy crap there's someone I can talk to in here about this? Okay first off I don't think there's a single person that doesn't think Opie is the weakest link in that crew. But with that said, I find O&J more entertaining than Ant's show. It's the same reason I can't sit through Jim Norton or Nick DiPaolo's shows, because no one person is good enough to talk alone and make it entertaining. I find those three guys funnier than anyone alive but I need the back and forth. In a perfect world Norton, Ant, and maybe a comic friend or two would have at it and a celebrity comes in and Opie takes charge. Oh well.

The funniest moments ever created on Earth are when Vos, Bobby, Ant, Jim, and Quinn are in the same room. It's unbelievable

Pauly D
03-28-2015, 02:05 AM
Btw don't know if you know but you need to subscribe to "Logan NotHighestPrimate" and "videOandA" on youtube. Not really for current uploads but the fucking gold mine of past side splitting laughs

redzero
03-28-2015, 02:23 AM
Btw don't know if you know but you need to subscribe to "Logan NotHighestPrimate" and "videOandA" on youtube. Not really for current uploads but the fucking gold mine of past side splitting laughs

Done and done a LONG time ago. Like I have said, I have been binging on this shit. I've gone through all Jim Jefferies, almost all Bill Burr (over a hundred episodes), some Colin Quinn, all Louis CK, some Joe Rogan, all Patton Oswalt, some Rich Vos, some Fat Bob Kelly, all Nick DiPaolo, and some Patrice O'Neal (mostly when he was with other comedians.

Best shows:
Vos vs Birbiglia 1 & 2 - absolutely legendary first encounter between the two, and the second managed to be even better. The second encounter might be the best show they did ever for me.
O & A first show roast
Jim Norton early standup roast
Louis Ck vs Donald Rumsfeld
Jimmy's birthday fiasco w/ Chubby Checker
Jim Jefferies vs Justine Joli
Jim Jefferies/Bill Burr vs Ian Halperin & Jefferies/Kurt Metzger vs Halperin
Patrice/Ant vs Gallagher
and anytime two comic regulars are there with Jim Norton.

Oh, and the trashing that Tucker Max took was beautiful. Completely childish and underhanded.

Pauly D
03-28-2015, 02:32 AM
I'm not too fond of Burr. Even before this Ant thing he's come off as a bit of a bleeding heart. That may be just cause I never gave him a shot cause I don't like his standup. Jefferies can be great and then a boring dud. Louis and Gervais are obviously funny but it ends up being story time when either are on. Patrice is the only guys I forgot to mention in my last post. When they picked apart Independence Day that might be the funniest thing I've ever seen. VideOandA is my favorite for stuff like that

redzero
03-28-2015, 03:00 AM
Bill being a bleeding heart makes him a great foil to Anthony. They have argued a million times over politics and conspiracy theories, and they were always interesting. One episode I forgot to mention, which featured Ralphie May towards the, had Bill, Ant, and Jimmy having a highly entertaining argument amount the future of world and space in general.

If you don't like his standup, fine. But he's a great third/fourth mic on the show. And he is also great on Uninformed, because he bashes Joe Derosa over any and everything, and Derosa is such a sensitive pussy that he will react every time.

Pauly D
03-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Do you pay for any podcasts or radio or are you just a youtube scavenger like me?

Btw, random thought, favorite Jim characters? I have the sleeper Regular Joe barely beating out Uncle Paul. I wish like anything he did Regular Joe more. Then again he can't do much of any character these days cause Opie doesn't know how to not "MOVE ALONG" when things are getting really funny. Uncle Paul is practically extinct now and I think it's kinda obvious that Op finds it distasteful but plays his hatred of it off as just part of the bit :rolleyes