PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever develop Patty Mills to Tony Parker?

jkid12456
01-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Soon Tony Parkr will finish. and patty mills have good chance to become pg of spurs!

Will we ever develop patty mills in the coming years and will he ever be at tony parker level? i mean he has the attitude, loyalty, very fast, better 3pt shot than tony parker, !energy!. he just needs playing time and more love from pop.

we need to develop his offense in layups and a bit of ball handling.:hat

hater
01-17-2014, 08:30 PM
the time we start Mills as PG will be the time we are lottery team and probably bottom 3 or 4 teams in the league.

Sure, it's bound to happen and could be worse. But looking forward to the Patty Mills era after the TP era is like looking forward to today's Brokeass Greece after Ancient Greece tbh

RD2191
01-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Naw, Dante Exum is coming to the Spurs. You heard it here first.

TheyCallMePro
01-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Patty is more of a 2 guard. He can't handle the ball well enough to ever be a true PG like Parker.

There's a reason Patty doesn't drive or handle the ball much with the second unit (Manu does). He just isn't that kind of a play-maker.

I think Cojo is our future at PG.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Patty is more of a 2 guard. He can't handle the ball well enough to ever be a true PG like Parker.

There's a reason Patty doesn't drive or handle the ball much with the second unit (Manu does). He just isn't that kind of a play-maker.

If either is our future PG we are screwed IMO. This is of course unless Cojo actually develops ALOT in the next few years. Both are backups IMO.

Chinook
01-17-2014, 09:41 PM
I hope the Spurs move on from him next year unless he's willing to sign for one year. He's great with the bench, but the team will need a true backup point guard after next season. Honestly, trotting out an undersized two at that spot is already running its course.

ginobilized
01-17-2014, 09:48 PM
No, we won't. And I am glad.

The Spurs coaching staff might though.

exstatic
01-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Patty's ball handling is fine, he's just not a paint scorer or creator. All our backup PG really needs to be able to do is bring the ball up and hit shots, with guys like Manu and Beli as reserves.

timtonymanu
01-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Patty was looking for his scoring more tonight than helping the Spurs. he was awful tonight.

timmy2003
01-17-2014, 10:46 PM
If either is our future PG we are screwed IMO. This is of course unless Cojo actually develops ALOT in the next few years. Both are backups IMO.

Agree. But either way, we are screwed after Timmy's retirement.

Sean Cagney
01-17-2014, 11:06 PM

True.

01-17-2014, 11:11 PM
We have pretty good luck in the lottery

TXstbobcat
01-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Tony Parker is an all star and Mills is a role player. I don't think anyone is expecting mills to develop into the next Parker.

dallasmaverickslose
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
If Mills is the future Parker replacement, God help us...

will_spurs
01-18-2014, 03:09 PM
There are 2 questions in one:
1) is Patty Mills the Spurs next starting PG?
2) can Patty Mills ever reach Tony Parker's level?

To the first, I would say it's unclear. Tony is only 31 and is going to be around for a while as far as we can see now (for that not to happen he'd have to have a career-ending injury or be traded). Mills is probably going to be 30 or more when Tony retires. By then the Spurs are likely to have acquired a replacement to Tony from a trade or the draft. I think Patty is more likely to be stuck as a role player with the bench unit for a while.

As to the second question, it just shows how underrated Tony is around these parts. Sad.

cd021
01-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Soon Tony Parkr will finish. and patty mills have good chance to become pg of spurs!

Will we ever develop patty mills in the coming years and will he ever be at tony parker level? i mean he has the attitude, loyalty, very fast, better 3pt shot than tony parker, !energy!. he just needs playing time and more love from pop.

we need to develop his offense in layups and a bit of ball handling.:hat

Just cause Mills is behind him in the depth card, you assume he will succeed Parker when he retires in 3-4 seasons? ST logic, indeed. Mills is a free agent and may not return.

cd021
01-18-2014, 04:04 PM

I'd doubt it. He hasn't even been the backup PG for a full season. He has had a couple of nice outings recently but can't shoot outside ,and outside of his defense, is pretty useless on most nights.

benfti
01-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I actually get the destinct impression that Mill will be an interesting piece that may be getting overs come next off season, and quite probably a start offer from another team. Parker however he is not, nor will he ever be. However there will be a few teams that will find his skill set intriguing.

that being said, he is as loyal as a Labrador.

Skoobz
01-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Naw, Dante Exum is coming to the Spurs. You heard it here first.
Funnily enough a mate of mine who knows Dantes old man reckons the same thing.

RD2191
01-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Funnily enough a mate of mine who knows Dantes old man reckons the same thing.
That would be awesome, but it would be a miracle if he was still available by the time our pick comes around.

dallasmaverickslose
01-18-2014, 08:53 PM

I think CoJo's days are numbered in SA. He's on what his 3rd season? He's had a whole lot of time to solidify himself in the rotation, but he hasn't. I like the guy and I think there are a lot of positives about him, but at this point we need a much more sufficient back-up PG for Tony. I just don't think CoJo is the guy anymore.

Oh how I wish TJ Ford was still around... :depressed

cjw
01-18-2014, 10:25 PM

Right, perhaps he should have said "future backup PG" ... PG is one of the deepest positions in the league so I worry less about that than a lot of other things once Tim/Manu retire.

but at this point we need a much more sufficient back-up PG for Tony. I just don't think CoJo is the guy anymore.

Oh how I wish TJ Ford was still around... :depressed

The Ford injury really burned us (looked pretty spry in the three hours of game time he played in SA), especially come the WCF when Neal had to spell Parker for 8-10 minutes a night. Would rather have another vet's minimum guy like TJ than a low ceiling player like CoJo or De Colo, but that'll have to wait for another year.

hsxvvd
01-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Mills > TJ Ford.

But I am Australian so I might be biased, but most of you lot are probably from Texas so you are too.

99 Problems
01-19-2014, 03:37 AM
That would be awesome, but it would be a miracle if he was still available by the time our pick comes around.

Would be be super awesome but Dante is going somewhere between #3 - 10.

Raven
01-19-2014, 03:52 AM
no, he's gone after this season. Like Neal, he deserves some money and he should get it.