PDA

View Full Version : Bonner Injury Thread (broken nose)

Libri
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Bonner out with broken nose.

Hoops Czar
01-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Spurs dropping like flies. At least, now there's an excuse.

HI-FI
01-17-2014, 09:41 PM
damn, saw that hit. Portland getting away with a lot in this game.

superjames1992
01-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Get the Red Rocket a mask!

loveforthegame
01-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Too bad Thomas still won't whiff the floor.

Libri
01-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Get the Red Rocket a mask!

Sir, they are already working on it as we speak.

Here is a prototype, except it will be red.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Snake-prosthetic-mask-Theatre-LARP-Cosplay-/03/!BYqgndg!2k~%24(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmfBoYBKiwN-3il!~~_35.JPG

Phenomanul
01-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Sir, they are already working on it as we speak.

Here is a prototype, except it will be red.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Snake-prosthetic-mask-Theatre-LARP-Cosplay-/03/!BYqgndg!2k~%24(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmfBoYBKiwN-3il!~~_35.JPG

:tu

ElNono
01-18-2014, 12:02 AM
gws

spurraider21
01-18-2014, 12:33 AM
More minutes for Baynes :hungry:

TheGoldStandard
01-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Ayres will now play 40 minutes.. Don't understand the rotations very much. Baynes would have been a nice change of pace for 4 or 5 minutes just to lean on Aldridge and maybe hard foul his ass to get him out of Rhythm but alas that did not happen. Saw the elbow to Bonners face up close, poor rocket.

Sean Cagney
01-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Ayres will now play 40 minutes.. Don't understand the rotations very much. Baynes would have been a nice change of pace for 4 or 5 minutes just to lean on Aldridge and maybe hard foul his ass to get him out of Rhythm but alas that did not happen. Saw the elbow to Bonners face up close, poor rocket.
Your right.. Baynes would have been a nice change up but no.....

superjames1992
01-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Guys, a broken nose isn't usually something that keeps players out of games. Just wear a mask.

SpurPadre
01-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Guys, a broken nose isn't usually something that keeps players out of games. Just wear a mask.
Fuck what does it take for that piece of shit to stay away from the team?! I want him gone.

T Park
01-18-2014, 01:55 AM

Seeing as he got hit with Thomas's head.......

T Park
01-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Your right.. Baynes would have been a nice change up but no.....

Said no one.

Baynes sucks. Wake up.

Sean Cagney
01-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Said no one.

Baynes sucks. Wake up.
He might suck, but give him mins now TO PROVE to his fans in here he sucks. He is very limited IMO, but some think he is a savior for some reason and they will find out now he is not that good or he is better than some thought. I am not a huge fan myself, just feel he should get more minutes to prove he sucks or prove he is worth a bench spot. Either or.

SpursFan86
01-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Not going to lie, I hope he sits out for a few weeks and we get to see Thomas in action.

boutons_deux
01-18-2014, 08:15 AM
damn, saw that hit. Portland getting away with a lot in this game.

How natural is it to whip your head backwards? very obviously a reverse head butt. Spurs should ask league to review it.

TampaDude
01-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Fuck the Jailblazers. First round fodder, they are.

Texas_Ranger
01-18-2014, 08:21 AM
a broken nose is nothing but I still hope he sits for the rest of the season.

T Park
01-20-2014, 01:54 AM
He might suck, but give him mins now TO PROVE to his fans in here he sucks. He is very limited IMO, but some think he is a savior for some reason and they will find out now he is not that good or he is better than some thought. I am not a huge fan myself, just feel he should get more minutes to prove he sucks or prove he is worth a bench spot. Either or.

He's had enough minutes.

Sean Cagney
01-20-2014, 02:00 AM
He's had enough minutes.

Okay he perhaps has, he is average as hell IMO. I know a person who thinks he can be the savior like some in here and so on, but I think his game is very limited and he is what he is, a garbage time and situational player. He is what he is.

T Park
01-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Okay he perhaps has, he is average as hell IMO. I know a person who thinks he can be the savior like some in here and so on, but I think his game is very limited and he is what he is, a garbage time and situational player. He is what he is.

That's exactly what he is. People that think he'll change anything or contribute more than garbage time, need to be institutionalized.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 09:52 AM

Limited how? Certainly not physically.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 09:55 AM
He's had enough minutes.

Sure and he has been up and down. We have seen him do a lot of things well. Shoot the ball in the post and from outside, make nice passes for easy scores, block shots above the rim, bother drives, shove people around and engulf them on defensive rebounds.

He's been up and down. He has far too many passes clang off his hands for TO and poor shooting nights but to pretend he hasn't shown a lot of positive traits makes me doubt your bball knowledge.

Prime Time
01-20-2014, 10:28 AM
IMO, Baynes is limited solely because of his physical form. He's not quick, so that usually leads to him being lost without the ball (That's a VERY bad fit for Pop's system) he has tiny hands so he has trouble catching the ball efficiently (Ayres isn't a champ at this either, but whenever Baynes catches it he looks awkward.) He seems to foul consistently, etc.

The only two things good about him are his strength when defending the post and his mid-range jumper. Now if only there was a way we could combine Ayers and Baynes (A strong player who can hit the mid-range jumper with good quickness and mobility.) That player would be pretty good in Pop's system.

exstatic
01-20-2014, 10:59 AM

This might be the worst take of the week. Baynes defending a perimeter offensive big? You do know that L.A. can VERY effectively put the ball on the floor and blow past immobile defenders, right?

exstatic
01-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Spurs dropping like flies. At least, now there's an excuse.

They need an excuse for being 1st in the WC at the halfway pole?

TheGoldStandard
01-20-2014, 11:18 AM
This might be the worst take of the week. Baynes defending a perimeter offensive big? You do know that L.A. can VERY effectively put the ball on the floor and blow past immobile defenders, right?

Sounds like that right? Well Aldridge was burning Diaw and Duncan so might as well throw someone else at him just to try.

Sean Cagney
01-20-2014, 12:49 PM

Physically no he can be a bruiser but his overall game is limited. He will probably be good for putbacks and a physical body to get some boards or play some positional D down there based on matchup, otherwise he won't get many minutes.

exstatic
01-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Sounds like that right? Well Aldridge was burning Diaw and Duncan so might as well throw someone else at him just to try.

Diaw actually did the best of any of them. I have no idea why they put Duncan on him at all. That was as big a fail as the hypothetical matchup with Baynes, but they actually did it.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
IMO, Baynes is limited solely because of his physical form. He's not quick, so that usually leads to him being lost without the ball (That's a VERY bad fit for Pop's system) he has tiny hands so he has trouble catching the ball efficiently (Ayres isn't a champ at this either, but whenever Baynes catches it he looks awkward.) He seems to foul consistently, etc.

The only two things good about him are his strength when defending the post and his mid-range jumper. Now if only there was a way we could combine Ayers and Baynes (A strong player who can hit the mid-range jumper with good quickness and mobility.) That player would be pretty good in Pop's system.

Cannot agree with this take at all. I see a guy that is a bit slow to react and gets out of position. I don't see a guy that cannot move well.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Physically no he can be a bruiser but his overall game is limited. He will probably be good for putbacks and a physical body to get some boards or play some positional D down there based on matchup, otherwise he won't get many minutes.

He can score out of the post with either hand. He uses his strength to get position with ease. He can hit a mid range jumper and he has shown skill as a passer out of the high post. He runs the floor very well for a man his size. I think you sell him way short.

Prime Time
01-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Cannot agree with this take at all. I see a guy that is a bit slow to react and gets out of position. I don't see a guy that cannot move well.
Baynes has played 3 games over 15 minutes, in those 3 games he's averaged 4 fouls in 19 minutes. He's just not mobile enough to last well in San Antonio's system.

But go ahead, believe Baynes is something more than he is.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Baynes has played 3 games over 15 minutes, in those 3 games he's averaged 4 fouls in 19 minutes. He's just not mobile enough to last well in San Antonio's system.

But go ahead, believe Baynes is something more than he is.

Splitter had major foul issues in his early playing time here. He is one of the more mobile bigs in the league. I think you mistake cause. Late on rotations and out of position? Sure but he is a physical specimen that plays a physical brand of basketball. It makes sense he is going to get some fouls when a) he knows that his PT will be short and b) he is learning to play the system with live action.

Now what were his other stats in those games? He shoots for a high percentage, rebounds well, and gets blocks. I have seen him get over and shut off drives and bother shots. What else do you want from a 5?

T Park
01-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Sure and he has been up and down. We have seen him do a lot of things well. Shoot the ball in the post and from outside, make nice passes for easy scores, block shots above the rim, bother drives, shove people around and engulf them on defensive rebounds.

He's been up and down. He has far too many passes clang off his hands for TO and poor shooting nights but to pretend he hasn't shown a lot of positive traits makes me doubt your bball knowledge.

Hes shown some offensive talent, but he hasnt improved on anything since he showed up over a year ago. He's still a terrible defender in that he can't defend without fouling. He's had quite a few games this year where he was the first big off the bench, IE against Houston, and has stunk the joint up.

He is what he is.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Hes shown some offensive talent, but he hasnt improved on anything since he showed up over a year ago. He's still a terrible defender in that he can't defend without fouling. He's had quite a few games this year where he was the first big off the bench, IE against Houston, and has stunk the joint up.

He is what he is.

His first game here was 1/23/13. It's been less than a year but why say that when you can try and make him look worse.

Bullshit he cannot defend without fouling. Plenty of times I have seen him make the rotation to cut off middle penetration and help on the baseline. He also challenges shots and gets blocks better than anyone not named Duncan on the squad. He has had one bad game early in the season and has improved off of that. His rotations are coming faster, he has demonstrated passing out of the high post he has not shown before and his transitioning from defense to rebounds has improved. His jumper has improved and he is shooting with his left hand with confidence. In short his awareness has improved and he has expanded his offensive game.

You guys bias on one clear deficiency and ignore the shooting percentage, rebounds, blocks etc. Its straight biased bullshit. He gets 14 points on 80% shooting, 6 rebounds in 21 mins and you will fixate on 4 fouls. That is the very definition of bias.1

Prime Time
01-20-2014, 08:41 PM
His first game here was 1/23/13. It's been less than a year but why say that when you can try and make him look worse.

Bullshit he cannot defend without fouling. Plenty of times I have seen him make the rotation to cut off middle penetration and help on the baseline. He also challenges shots and gets blocks better than anyone not named Duncan on the squad. He has had one bad game early in the season and has improved off of that. His rotations are coming faster, he has demonstrated passing out of the high post he has not shown before and his transitioning from defense to rebounds has improved. His jumper has improved and he is shooting with his left hand with confidence. In short his awareness has improved and he has expanded his offensive game.

You guys bias on one clear deficiency and ignore the shooting percentage, rebounds, blocks etc. Its straight biased bullshit. He gets 14 points on 80% shooting, 6 rebounds in 21 mins and you will fixate on 4 fouls. That is the very definition of bias.1
Hey man, Why would I root AGAINST Baynes? :nope I HOPE he'd make me eat crow if he got more minutes. I just don't see anything special about him outside of his shooting touch.

Plus he only gets big minutes against garbage teams. Which is what makes his defensive/fouling woes even more troublesome, if he can't defend efficiently against scrubs it's hard for me to imagine him being any better against players with actual talent.

(Except Dwight, I think Baynes can defend him well.)

FuzzyLumpkins
01-21-2014, 12:51 AM
Hey man, Why would I root AGAINST Baynes? :nope I HOPE he'd make me eat crow if he got more minutes. I just don't see anything special about him outside of his shooting touch.

Plus he only gets big minutes against garbage teams. Which is what makes his defensive/fouling woes even more troublesome, if he can't defend efficiently against scrubs it's hard for me to imagine him being any better against players with actual talent.

(Except Dwight, I think Baynes can defend him well.)

I get that but my post wasn't to you --not that I mind you responding for more discussion-- but a lot of people see the game as a zero sum which it kinda is with minutes available. But they take that several steps forward. They form two camps much like politics and then they badmouth each other. I mean how may two liners bashing Baynes or Ayers advocates have you seen since preseason? The game threads are obnoxious at times. The two sides duking it out.

Only on spurstalk will you see an argument about the bench bigs with this much conflict.

Biernutz
01-21-2014, 01:58 AM
Baynes will get more time in the game Wed. with OKC if Bonner is still out. They have bigs that he can play with.
He gave Perkins a hard time the last time they played. He will use up some fouls in this game. Jeff is now in the
rotation till Tiago comes back. Jeff will have more playing time now in games but Arron is still a match up player.

exstatic
01-21-2014, 08:33 AM
WTF? They mean the same thing!

look_at_g_shred
01-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Anyone know the timetable with the injury. I'd like to see Baynes and Thomas see more minutes because of it. Too bad it won't happen though.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-21-2014, 08:56 PM
WTF? They mean the same thing!

What do lateral agility mean?

What do reaction time mean?

What do be the difference?

Being in the wrong spot is not the same thing as being able to side to side quickly. Its the difference between running a shuttle and lining up right. This is true in every fucking team sport there is. Thing is that over time he is getting to the right spots as evidence of him beating penetration to spots and cutting it off.

You have heard that they Spurs defense is predicated on stopping middle penetration right? He beats guys to the front of the lane which is no mean feet considering he has to rotate from the post he is defending and playing hopscotch to avoid a technical foul. If you watch him he is spending much more time reading offense rather than looking at his feet and his teammates to make sure he is spaced properly.

It's something every player that has ever learned the Spurs system has gone through and Baynes hasn't played meaningful minutes in but in 7 games his entire time with the Spurs. In contrast have you EVER seen Ayres have the mobility to move from the block to the front of the key? And he fucks up rotations all the time. Yet you suck his dick and call Baynes slow. Its biased bullshit.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2014, 09:39 PM

TPark is going to downplay anyone that Pop isn't giving minutes to as a terrible player. See Splitter, Tiago.

bklynspursfan
01-22-2014, 11:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BemVKFjCEAAH3DU.jpg

loveforthegame
01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Frak. That's creepy. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
01-22-2014, 12:08 PM
He looks like a serial killer in that thing :lol

ace3g
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Dan McCarney @danmccarneysaen
(https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen)Bonner said Tim Duncan offered to have it painted for him.

bklynspursfan
01-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Let him guard Durant with that face.

silverblackfan
01-22-2014, 12:53 PM
I admit I am a bit disappointed. I really wanted a red Mamba theme.

boutons_deux
01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Dan McCarney @danmccarneysaen
(https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen)Bonner said Tim Duncan offered to have it painted for him.

Tim could have it painted with a motif from his car hacking garage

TheGoldStandard
01-22-2014, 02:37 PM
It definitely needs a red tint to it.