PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Will Buy You Out Of Your Phone Contract

mouse
01-18-2014, 01:40 AM
If you are tired of being shackled to your cell phone contract with AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint and don’t want to pay any kind of outrageous early termination fee to end your relationship with them, I think I may have some good news for you. After all, who would want to pay approximately $350 to get out of a phone contract? Add to that if you have multiple phones on the same plan and the cost soon becomes astronomical. Not too many of us are ready to shell out that kind of money on a last bill, and so we wait, and we wait, and we wait until our contract finally expires.

In some recent news, T-Mobile has announced that they would like to remove the waiting as well as all of the early termination fees associated with terminating your current cell phone contract. There is a catch, of course; that being you have to sign up for service with T-Mobile. After looking it over there are some definite pros and some pretty big cons.

http://techbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/lp-marquee-switch-to-t-mobile-without-early-termination-fees-desktop-1024x495.jpg

Who’s Ready To End Their Relationship With Their Cell Phone Provider?

T-Mobile is promising to buy you out of your current contract with AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint. All you have to do is go into one of their stores and they will get you switched over. Here’s the good: they will pay up to $350 a line for up to 4 lines to cancel your current contract. Here’s the not so good: you have to trade in your current phone (for which they will give you up to a $300 bill credit) and either purchase one of their phones for the retail price or buy one for “free” upfront with one of their installment plans. If you wanted to get an iPhone 5s for example, you would pay an additional $25 a month (on top of your monthly service charges) for 24 months. And while there’s no contract exactly with T-Mobile, if you cancel your plan before your phone is completely paid for, you will owe the remaining balance on the handset.

All of T-Mobile’s plans include unlimited talk, text, and data – but there’s a catch to the data part. While you won’t be charged any kind of overages, your data will be slowed down to a crawl if you go above your allotted limit of 500 MB or 2.5 GB. There’s also an unlimited plan you can select if you don’t want your data slowed, but you will pay more .

While T-Mobile’s offer looks great at the outset, if you have a family with multiple smartphones the costs can add up very quickly every month.

mFFL03
01-18-2014, 02:03 AM
Not worth it due to their coverage map. Sure if you are in downtown and the immediate suburbs of city X it will be fine, but if you travel a lot I wouldn't recommend it.

Jacob1983
01-18-2014, 02:06 AM
T-Mobile sucks in the rural areas and you are basically paying monthly for your phone. Not worth it. Just make a sacrifice and get a ghetto pre paid flip phone.

Biernutz
01-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I had T-Mobile about a year ago and dropped it because of the bad coverage and poor data and a small choice
of phones.(no Iphone) We went with Sprint because they gave us a discount to my company if we went with
them and they had the new phones. Sprint service was spotty a year ago in San Antonio where I live. The data
was unlimited but took forever to load pages. They said to have patience because they were rolling out 4Lte in
San Antonio. Well we have 4Lte now and the service is even worse than before. Data refuses to load
(on two different types of phones). Text messages fail. No signal bars all over town. (Dead spots) Calls
constantly drop in town. No data coverage at the Spurs games even though Sprint has the nearest tower to the arena.
I cannot recommend Sprint to anyone. We only have a couple of months left on this contract then good riddance.

mouse
01-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Not worth it due to their coverage map. Sure if you are in downtown and the immediate suburbs of city X it will be fine, but if you travel a lot I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for that info I never really like to hear from just one side.

mouse
01-18-2014, 05:27 PM
T-Mobile sucks in the rural areas and you are basically paying monthly for your phone. Not worth it. Just make a sacrifice and get a ghetto pre paid flip phone.

Dude you know how people with those "Startrex" flip phones get laughed at everyday? :lmao

UZER
01-18-2014, 05:37 PM
I stick with ATT because their coverage is great, even in da boonies, and their phone browsing / streaming is fast with no lags.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Buncha places in the hill country that only get ATT. I get some weird local dead spots in Austin but I can live with it.

UZER
01-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Another thing, other companies also drop signals when you're deep in buildings while ATT is usually still good, or last to drop.

The trade-off is cancer, but hey, I need my Netflix!

edit: I've had sprint and T-Mobile. Never had Verizon

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-18-2014, 09:37 PM
I work for At&t and they're offering tmobile customers $200 for switching to Att as long as you do the next program or bring your own equipment... Plus trade in value of up to $250 for mobile phones. Pretty sweet deal if you're tired of tmobile

Jacob1983
01-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Do you think I give a shit if hipsters, richers, or emo pussies laugh at me for having a cheap flip phone? My flip phone is cheap and easy to use and it works. That's all that matters to me.

FkLA
01-19-2014, 04:22 AM
I had T-Mobile about a year ago and dropped it because of the bad coverage and poor data and a small choice
of phones.(no Iphone) We went with Sprint because they gave us a discount to my company if we went with
them and they had the new phones. Sprint service was spotty a year ago in San Antonio where I live. The data
was unlimited but took forever to load pages. They said to have patience because they were rolling out 4Lte in
San Antonio. Well we have 4Lte now and the service is even worse than before. Data refuses to load
(on two different types of phones). Text messages fail. No signal bars all over town. (Dead spots) Calls
constantly drop in town. No data coverage at the Spurs games even though Sprint has the nearest tower to the arena.
I cannot recommend Sprint to anyone. We only have a couple of months left on this contract then good riddance.

Sprint sucks even more than it did a couple year ago. I made the mistake of renewing with them tbh.

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Sprint sucks even more than it did a couple year ago. I made the mistake of renewing with them tbh.

they whore out their towers to pretty much everyone which leads to capacity issues