PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama Failing Constitutional Law?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2014, 01:52 AM
The American public and all of our allies view things one way. Then there is the putz we have as POTUS. He is sticking by the people that give him his intelligence reports because his bureaucracy is once again more important than anything else.

Anyway this gives a good breakdown to Obama's NSA speech and what he proposes as well as what he ignores.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/01/nsa-speech-and-obamas-troubles-with-con-law-hed-tk-102340_Page2.html

ElNono
01-18-2014, 02:20 AM
tbh, who didn't know the speech and actions were going to be garbage? The only reason we're having this discussion is because some dude caught them red-handed...

Civil liberties is hands down the biggest disappointment with this administration, no doubt.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2014, 02:35 AM
tbh, who didn't know the speech and actions were going to be garbage? The only reason we're having this discussion is because some dude caught them red-handed...

Civil liberties is hands down the biggest disappointment with this administration, no doubt.

It's the biggest disappointment with our political system. The GOP and Dem congressional intelligence chiefs, Rogers and Feinstein respectively, are of this same vein. There is nobody to represent the people.

I just felt that the NSA speech POTUS gave today was threadworthy even if expected.

ElNono
01-18-2014, 02:40 AM
It's the biggest disappointment with our political system. The GOP and Dem congressional intelligence chiefs, Rogers and Feinstein respectively, are of this same vein. There is nobody to represent the people.

I just felt that the NSA speech POTUS gave today was threadworthy even if expected.

But the GOP are the "warhawks"... you expect them to bend over if some military commander tells them to bend over. Plus this type of stuff is entirely part of the neocon credo. I wouldn't expect the GOP ever to address this.

Barry being neocon part deux wasn't necessarily completely unexpected, but it's nonetheless disappointing...

Jacob1983
01-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Both parties are warhawks. That's the problem that Americans can't see. Both Democrats and Republicans love to nation build and are war mongers.

Winehole23
01-18-2014, 03:45 AM
cat was out of the bag in 2008 when Sen. Obama flipped on telecom immunity.

Jacob1983
01-18-2014, 04:41 AM
I think it's funny when Obama takes credit for ending the war in Iraq. That shit was already done before he even took the oath.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-18-2014, 05:49 AM
But the GOP are the "warhawks"... you expect them to bend over if some military commander tells them to bend over. Plus this type of stuff is entirely part of the neocon credo. I wouldn't expect the GOP ever to address this.

Barry being neocon part deux wasn't necessarily completely unexpected, but it's nonetheless disappointing...

Obama set expectations with speeches like this

CU0m6Rxm9vU

I certainly did not expect him to completely do the opposite of one of his most significant campaign promises. It's pretty nuts that he says shit like "to seize this moment, we need to use technology to open up our democracy," in his 2008 campaign promises and then goes to saying that they are still going to keep a copy of all telecommunications, do no institutional reform and only a couple of policy changes mostly concerning the FBI. This is despite the American public, NATO allies, and his own panel's recommendations.

I guess after he muddied the waters regarding the process and justification for using military force against US citizens that this is to be expected but wow did he misrepresent himself 6 years ago.

Disappointing, yes. It should be unacceptable but we have no choice.

Twisted_Dawg
01-18-2014, 06:11 AM
And all the unemployed colored girls go....do.. do do do do do , do do do

boutons_deux
01-18-2014, 07:04 AM
I think it's funny when Obama takes credit for ending the war in Iraq. That shit was already done before he even took the oath.

There were 10Ks troops there. Repugs trashed him for getting them out, by following to the REPUG's own agreement with Iraqis.

It's laughable that US military vets of the Falluja battle are appalled, amazed by the fall of Falluja, asking "1 2 3 What are we fighting for?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBdeCxJmcAo .

Naive jerks, you weren't EVER "serving your country", you were fighting for lying Repug neocons and BigOil, you were just cannon fodder for BigOil profits and Repug imperial murderous hubris.

baseline bum
01-18-2014, 08:23 AM

Nah man, healthcare is the biggest disappointment under President Porch Monkey.

boutons_deux
01-18-2014, 08:35 AM

Yes, very disappointing, but President isn't a dictator. ACA was Baucus' bill, and Baucus killed public option immediately (it was NEVER a possibility due to the power of the health insurance industry) and hired a health insurance exec/lobbyist to write it.

But ACA is the most progressive program in decades. One of many proofs of its value is that not a single Repug voted for it. :lol

Ms of people will be able to obtain (preventative and early intervention) health care and escape from the SLAVERY of fear of falling sick, of accidents, of medical bankruptcy.

ElNono
01-18-2014, 09:15 PM

The system is shit, but if anything, I give him credit for rattling the hornet's nest... don't forget not even Clinton could touch the previous status quo.

Barrycare will eventually be replaced with something else (hopefully something better, and not the previous status quo). As far as the neocon spying, it's been more and more of the same, if not directly doubling down.

ElNono
01-18-2014, 09:15 PM
cat was out of the bag in 2008 when Sen. Obama flipped on telecom immunity.

agreed

Jacob1983
01-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Iraq and Bush ended the war in 2007. Thank you. Not Obama.

Nbadan
01-19-2014, 01:41 AM
Iraq and Bush ended the war in 2007. Thank you. Not Obama.

:lol

Jacob1983
01-19-2014, 02:55 AM
Bush and the government of Iraq made an agreement of a timeline of when the troops would be out. Bush caved because troops would no longer be given immunity for war crimes over there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2%80%93Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement

Thanks for playing.