PDA

View Full Version : NBA: No one cares about LeBron this summer

SpursDynasty
01-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Say what you want about LeBron James being dominant. The fact is that players like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan and Kobe, some of the greatest NBA champions of all time, never left their teams to go buy a championship. MJ turned his team into a champion as did Magic, Bird, Duncan, and Kobe. LeBron is a fraud, fake, and will never be held in the same light as the greatest champions of all time. In LeBron's first 7 years in the league, 2003-2010, he couldn't get it done. He couldn't make his team a winner. After seven years, MJ at least had a ring, Magic had a few, as did Bird, Duncan, and Kobe.

Okay, so the Heat won the 2012 championship. Their opponent was the Dallas Mavericks. It was a shortened season. So we'll give them a half-championship. They won the 2013 championship, but that's Ray Allen's championship more than it is LeBron's.

Did so many people hate Jordan, Magic, Bird while they were winning? Not so much. Those guys were likeable. Duncan, I guess you could say casual fans don't have an opinion of him, but diehard NBA fans and Spurs fans of course respect the player that he is. People hated Kobe for his actions outside the game in 2003 in Colorado.

So why does everyone hate LeBron? Because he's a traitor. He left his fans because he could not bring them a championship on his own. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Duncan never left their teams and bought themselves a championship. He even got turned down by an Olympic swimmer when he invited her for dinner. The guy simply has no charisma.

So, Lebron, we'll see you in June if Indiana doesn't hand your ass to you in the ECF's.

irishock
01-18-2014, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6szZ4hbumT0

Thread
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Say what you want about LeBron James being dominant. The fact is that players like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan and Kobe, some of the greatest NBA champions of all time, never left their teams to go buy a championship. MJ turned his team into a champion as did Magic, Bird, Duncan, and Kobe. LeBron is a fraud, fake, and will never be held in the same light as the greatest champions of all time. In LeBron's first 7 years in the league, 2003-2010, he couldn't get it done. He couldn't make his team a winner. After seven years, MJ at least had a ring, Magic had a few, as did Bird, Duncan, and Kobe.

Okay, so the Heat won the 2012 championship. Their opponent was the Dallas Mavericks. It was a shortened season. So we'll give them a half-championship. They won the 2013 championship, but that's Ray Allen's championship more than it is LeBron's.

Did so many people hate Jordan, Magic, Bird while they were winning? Not so much. Those guys were likeable. Duncan, I guess you could say casual fans don't have an opinion of him, but diehard NBA fans and Spurs fans of course respect the player that he is. People hated Kobe for his actions outside the game in 2003 in Colorado.

So why does everyone hate LeBron? Because he's a traitor. He left his fans because he could not bring them a championship on his own. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Duncan never left their teams and bought themselves a championship. He even got turned down by an Olympic swimmer when he invited her for dinner. The guy simply has no charisma.

So, Lebron, we'll see you in June if Indiana doesn't hand your ass to you in the ECF's.

James is indeed a Media concoction. If you'd a stopped him last June that would have put a bee in the bonnet. But, that back-to-back sealed the deal ever more. No matter what happens now he's inPERIOD

And I've said it before, but, it bears repeating:::I do not believe it is James, but, Media. James doesn't count rings in the fine tradition/player-to-player.

DMC
01-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Fans get locked into a template forged by their favorite player and they think only players who fit that mold qualify for greatness. If Lebron wants to be a mercenary, to make other teams good, to go to teams where he has a better chance at winning rings and playing with people he likes, that says absolutely nothing about his greatness. It just says he wants a work environment that more suits his needs.

If you could work where you wanted, get paid what you wanted, and get the accolades you wanted, why would you stick with the entry level company who isn't getting it done for you? James is only a player, there's a lot more to winning rings than one player. The front office has to buy into it, and Cleveland never has.

dallasmaverickslose
01-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Since when did the Heat beat the Mavs in the 2012 finals? Is this some sort of alternate universe?

DMC
01-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Since when did the Heat beat the Mavs in the 2012 finals? Is this some sort of alternate universe?

I didn't read the OP.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2014, 01:28 PM
why the double standards for bball, but in football its fine to go sign for the strongest team to contend for trophies?

Juggity
01-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Say what you want about LeBron James being dominant. The fact is that players like ... Kobe, some of the greatest NBA champions of all time, never left their teams to go buy a championship.

Kobe forced a trade literally before he was drafted, abandoning the Charlotte Hornets because he knew he wasn't good enough to win it all by himself on the Hornets.

Thread
01-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Kobe forced a trade literally before he was drafted, abandoning the Charlotte Hornets because he knew he wasn't good enough to win it all by himself on the Hornets.

Absolutely. And Media, on orders from NYC will not touch that business.

DMC
01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Absolutely. And Media, on orders from NYC will not touch that business.

Eli Manning did the same, as I recall.

benefactor
01-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Good to see you around, LJ. Hope all is well.

Thread
01-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Good to see you around, Cubby. Hope all is well.

Thank you, Bene.

SpursDynasty
01-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Post correction: It was OKC in the 2012 Finals. Even less worthy of an opponent than Dallas.

Thread
01-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Post correction: It was OKC in the 2012 Finals.

Nobody even remembered that enough to correct you going on 8 hours!

Venti Quattro
01-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Sup timvp? How's family going?

lefty
01-18-2014, 10:01 PM
OP :lol

Legacy
01-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Post correction: It was OKC in the 2012 Finals. Even less worthy of an opponent than Dallas.

Nobody even remembered that enough to correct you going on 8 hours!

:lmao

Stalin
01-18-2014, 10:12 PM
LeBron is a fucking clown(double headband LOL), I hate kobe, but actually have more respect for him than I do for lecrab, he's even more immature than Rapist, IMO TBH

hater
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Lebron is aight. not sure he's a clown, he's not that bad imo. He's extermely lucky thou. Being bailed out by the greatest shooter in history and constantly carried by DWade is just luck of the Irish kinda deal

01-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Would the media really drop LeBron if Ray Allen would have missed that three? Even if LeBron is 1/3 in the finals? Nah, I think they would have still rode his cawk.

And Thread is timvp?

Thread
01-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Would the media really drop LeBron if Ray Allen would have missed that three? Even if LeBron is 1/3 in the finals? Nah, I think they would have still rode his cawk.

It would have been interesting to watch that scenario play out. I've said that first, not to be petty, SF, but, I did.

& you're right, they would have remained with him after the smoke cleared. Just would have been fun watching them maneuver it.

KaiRMD1
01-19-2014, 12:58 AM
Lebron was a media concoction who, after getting past flopping, can dominate games. Durant and Harden are more of a media concoction who have yet to become anything more than free throw chasers

Rogue
01-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Lebron's record in the finals as the only superstar on his side: 0-4 :lol

01-19-2014, 01:52 AM
It would have been interesting to watch that scenario play out. I've said that first, not to be petty, SF, but, I did.

& you're right, they would have remained with him after the smoke cleared. Just would have been fun watching them maneuver it.

Said what first? And yeah, I wish I could see that play out. And not just because that would mean Timmy would have #5. I just hate LeBeta.

Thebesteva
01-19-2014, 02:39 AM
This is my opinion, and I think every thread in essence should underline its just an opinion but....I think he's a great player and the best non big man player since Kobe. I think whether we like to admit it or not, it was MJ with the most dominant run then the torch went to Kobe (we wondered if it was going to AI or McGrady at the time), and now it went to Lebron around 2011.

The problem that many and I have with Lebron is not that he left Cleveland, its the fact he left with his tail between his legs and teamed up with Wade. It was obvious to me in 2011 he was going to eventually win a few, this wasnt a case of Dwight Howard where I knew he probably wont ever win 1 and laugh my ass off about it. The problem is he had to team up with a guy he was rivaled against (Lebron fans pretend this didnt happen but he WAS rivaled against Kobe, Wade, and Melo for years) in order to win. This is exactly like if Michael couldn't do it as 'the guy' and called up Magic. He bitched out man, and his fans like Clipper Nation will debate for years that he didnt, but its what history will remember inevitably.

I have no problem with the Bosh thing, theres no reason to criticize that at ALL. However, I said this on a board about Anderson Silva a few years ago (Sherdog) and now my prophecy has come true just as I will about Lebron. Since he's on top, everyone is going to yap away about he's THE GOAT and all that bullshit. But when all is said and done, and he finally falls off, Lebron's haters will come out and Lebron James has managed to somehow become the most hated athlete in the history of the NBA. Wait till he falls down, the hater to fan ratio is ridiculous.

jimbo
01-19-2014, 03:54 AM
This is my opinion, and I think every thread in essence should underline its just an opinion but....I think he's a great player and the best non big man player since Kobe. I think whether we like to admit it or not, it was MJ with the most dominant run then the torch went to Kobe (we wondered if it was going to AI or McGrady at the time), and now it went to Lebron around 2011.

The problem that many and I have with Lebron is not that he left Cleveland, its the fact he left with his tail between his legs and teamed up with Wade. It was obvious to me in 2011 he was going to eventually win a few, this wasnt a case of Dwight Howard where I knew he probably wont ever win 1 and laugh my ass off about it. The problem is he had to team up with a guy he was rivaled against (Lebron fans pretend this didnt happen but he WAS rivaled against Kobe, Wade, and Melo for years) in order to win. This is exactly like if Michael couldn't do it as 'the guy' and called up Magic. He bitched out man, and his fans like Clipper Nation will debate for years that he didnt, but its what history will remember inevitably.

I have no problem with the Bosh thing, theres no reason to criticize that at ALL. However, I said this on a board about Anderson Silva a few years ago (Sherdog) and now my prophecy has come true just as I will about Lebron. Since he's on top, everyone is going to yap away about he's THE GOAT and all that bullshit. But when all is said and done, and he finally falls off, Lebron's haters will come out and Lebron James has managed to somehow become the most hated athlete in the history of the NBA. Wait till he falls down, the hater to fan ratio is ridiculous.

:lol

Kobe with 2 superteams built around him

:lol

"Is there nothing the Lakers can do to keep Kobe Bryant in LA?"
":cry No :cry"

jeebus
01-19-2014, 07:56 AM
And Thread is timvp?
spursdynasty is timvp.

Buddy Mignon
01-19-2014, 10:16 AM
I didn't read the OP.

That's because you're too busy sniffing Thread's fart trails.

DMC
01-19-2014, 11:59 AM
That's because you're too busy sniffing Thread's fart trails.

^ pot kettle black

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2014, 12:05 PM
whether his coasting or nott ti

but doesnt this season for lebron reminds you of the season when voters got tired for voting jordan, and selected someone else to win the mvp? i believe it was malone 97/98