Solid D
08-01-2005, 11:56 PM
http://www.lmcba.com.ar/2005/05-08-02/img/Pod/tapa_podio.jpg

http://www.lmcba.com.ar/2005/05-08-02/6_podio_14.htm

Mar : 02 Ago : 2005
Oberto pone la firma y es un nuevo Spurs

El cordobés se reunió con el técnico Gregg Popovich

MARCELO CHAIJALE - Redacción Central

Llegó la hora más esperada por Fabricio Oberto. Hoy será oficiacilizado como nuevo jugador de San Antonio Spurs, el campeón de la NBA, donde jugará en las próximas tres temporadas. El campeón de la Liga más poderosa del planeta y el pivote cordobés firmarán esta tarde el contrato y será compañero de Emanuel Ginóbili. Los mejores jugadores de la Selección nacional compatirán equipo y buscarán conformar una nueva dinastía en la NBA, junto a Tim Duncan, Tony Parker y Robert Horry, quien también firmará el contrato, pero de renovación con el conjunto texano.
Oberto está feliz y tranquilo en la bella ciudad de San Antonio, donde vivirá desde octubre venidero, fecha de inicio de la pretemporada de la NBA y atendió a LA MAÑANA en el confortable hotel. Fabricio pasó buena parte de tarde con el entrenador de los Spurs, Gregg Popovich y RC Buford, el general manager y hombre que sigue sus pasos desde 1997. «Hablamos mucho de básquetbol, pero sin profundizar en ningún aspecto. Pasamos un buen rato» contó Oberto de su primer contanto con el mundo NBA, su máximo sueño deportivo.
Hoy Buford lo pasará a buscar para llevarlo a la sede elegida por la franquicia para firmar el contrato y también presentarlo oficialmente ante los medios de San Antonio, que lo esperan como «uno de los pivote más importante de Europa». «Todavía no se donde será la presentación, tenemos que hablar con RC. Estoy tranquilo, aproveché para pasear y conocer algunos lugares de la ciudad, pese al calor», relató Fabri, pasadas las 21 de San Antonio, momento justo para ir a cenar.
Oberto pasó con exito la revisación médica realizada ayer. «Todo okey», dijo.
En el encuentro con Popovich y Buford, Oberto solicitó la camiseta número 7 y hoy espera encontrarse con la indumentaria negra y blanca son el número que siempre usó en Atenas y desde el 2001 con Argentina y con su nombre en la espalda. «Voy a volver a usar el número 7 en un club, desde que me fuí de Atenas que no la utilizo, en Olympiakos, Tau y Pamesa lo hice con el 14. Pedí la siete, con otra no juego», cerró bromeando Oberto con contacto con este medio.
También aprovechó el cordobés de 30 años y 2,08 metros de talla para ver casas donde vivirá con Lorena, su esposa y la pequeña Julia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google translation

2 Aug : 2005
Oberto puts the company/signature and is a new Spurs

The Cordovan met with technician Gregg Popovich

http://www.lmcba.com.ar/2005/05-08-02/img/Pod/p36-2.jpg
The Cordovan will sign today and
the t-shirt of the champion of the
NBA with number 7 will wear.

MARCELO CHAIJALE - Central Writing

The hour waited for by Fabricio Oberto arrived more. Today he will be oficiacilizado like new player of San Antonio Spurs, the champion of the NBA, where it will play in next the three seasons. The champion of most powerful Liga of the planet and the Cordovan pivot will sign the this contract late and will be companion of Emanuel Ginóbili. The best players of the national Selection will compatirán equipment and look for to conform a new dynasty in the NBA, next to Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Robert Horry, whom also the contract will sign, but of renovation with the texano set.
Oberto is happy and calm in the beautiful city of San Antonio, where it will live from coming October, date of beginning of the preseason of the NBA and took care of the MORNING in the comfortable hotel. Fabricio passed good part of late with the trainer of the Spurs, Gregg Popovich and RC Buford, the general to manager and man who follows his passages from 1997. "We spoke much of básquetbol, but without deepening in no aspect. We spent a good short while "counted Oberto of its first contanto with world NBA, its maximum sport dream.
Today Buford will pass to look for to take it it to the seat chosen by the tax exemption to sign the contract and also to present/display it officially before the means of San Antonio, that wait for it like "one of the most important pivot of Europe". "Still not where it will be the presentation, we must speak with RC. I am calm, I took advantage of to take a walk and to know some places the city, in spite of the heat", related Fabri, last the 21 of San Antonio, right moment to go to have supper.

Oberto passed with exito the medical revisación made yesterday. "All okey", said.

In the encounter with Popovich and Buford, Oberto asked for the t-shirt number 7 and today it hopes to be with the black indumentaria and white they are the number that always used in Athens and from the 2001 with Argentina and its name in the back. "I am going to return to use number 7 in a club, since fuí me of Athens that I do not use it, in Olympiakos, Tau and Pamesa I did it with the 14. I requested the seven, with another one nongame ", closed joking Oberto with contact with this means.
Also it took advantage of the Cordovan 30 years and 2.08 meters of stature to see houses where it will live with Lorena, its wife and the small Julia.

TheTruth
08-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Awesome.

usckk
08-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Yay.

Scola#13
08-02-2005, 12:06 AM
nice, i am excited to see him suit up, what do you think his role will be, in terms of minutes, offence inclusion etc

190 Octane
08-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Awesome news. I can't wait to see Fabricio in the silver and black. Reports I've read said he is more NBA-ready than Manu when he came into the league.

timvp
08-02-2005, 02:15 AM
We should get a glimpse of him and the jersey for the first time during the press conference on Tuesday.

mattyc
08-02-2005, 03:28 AM
Magico.

Horry For 3!
08-02-2005, 03:54 AM
:elephant

Horry For 3!
08-02-2005, 03:54 AM
We should get a glimpse of him and the jersey for the first time during the press conference on Tuesday.
What channel is the press conference going to be on?

DesiSpur_21
08-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Awesome news. I can't wait to see Fabricio in the silver and black. Reports I've read said he is more NBA-ready than Manu when he came into the league.

Really :spin . This is some news :elephant

batman2883
08-02-2005, 07:54 AM
He can crash at my place a for a huge fee

SpursWoman
08-02-2005, 08:00 AM
:elephant :elephant

spurschick
08-02-2005, 09:30 AM

:lol I hope so! Manu came in with a busted ankle!

J/K

waly.mg
08-02-2005, 10:17 AM
4 Links in Spanish

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/08/02/um/m-1025764.htm

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/08/02/um/m-1025762.htm

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/08/02/um/m-1025766.htm

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/08/02/um/m-1025761.htm

vanvannen
08-02-2005, 10:39 AM
The links refer to several Oberto ex-teammates and coaches that basically point out how good of a team-focused player Fabricio is, and a great person as well. I think he will fit in just fine in San Antonio. He is also a great defender (who still has to prove himself in the NBA) and a fine rebounder. Let's just hope he can learn the system quick andbe useful for this team.