PDA

View Full Version : NBA: What Sport's championship is best? and which is the worst?

01-19-2014, 02:03 PM
(I wasn't sure which section to post this in)

What I mean by best and worst, I mean how rewarding as a fan, and how rewarding do you think the players feel after winning the championship.

For me as a fan, I'd say MLB is the best, and NBA is the worst. The celebration and everything about your favorite team winning the World Series feels really cool. The NBA is pretty lackluster in comparison and it's always the same teams. You don't see that as much in other sports.

Jodelo
01-19-2014, 02:11 PM
MLB or Baseball in one sentence with "Sport" does not make sense...

01-19-2014, 02:26 PM
MLB or Baseball in one sentence with "Sport" does not make sense...
So sports that don't require as much physical prowess, are discredited? I'd like to see a running back hit/throw a 95 mile per hour fast ball.

Katherine Robinson
01-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Ping pong is an Olympic sport so I suppose futbol and beisbol have the bare minimum merit to be considered.

irishock
01-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Olympic Gold

01-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Olympic Goldvery true, I completely forgot.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Soccer World Championship.

thunderup
01-19-2014, 02:45 PM
:lol Soccer people coming in here to prop up a third world country sport.

Thread
01-19-2014, 02:46 PM
In purity The Stanley Cup. Every man who's ever won it has his name engraved on that Cup. I care nothing for the sport but that thought, that reality brings a lump to my throat every time.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2014, 02:48 PM
The Stanley Cup Finals usually bring the goods, tbh....

DAF86
01-19-2014, 02:52 PM

You're just mad as fuck this 3rd World sport gathers more attention than all of your 1st World sports combined.

Katherine Robinson
01-19-2014, 02:55 PM
You're just mad as fuck this 3rd World sport gathers more attention than all of your 1st World sports combined.

There are far more 3rd worlders than 1st worlders.

hater
01-19-2014, 02:57 PM
World cup soccer. And its not even close. No sport gets even remotely close and never will.

Clipper Nation
:lmao Soccer is fucking garbage.... if it wasn't so cheap to play, nobody would like that lame excuse for a "sport"....

In purity The Stanley Cup. Every man who's ever won it has his name engraved on that Cup. I care nothing for the sport but that thought, that reality brings a lump to my throat every time.

The Stanley Cup Finals usually bring the goods, tbh....

I'll make a mental note to tune in this year. Maybe my Red Wings will be there.

01-19-2014, 02:58 PM
World cup soccer. And its not even close. No sport gets even remotely close.
Olympics?

irishock
01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Yeah world cup probably takes it. It's the only championship series that literally the entire world cares for. No one cares about hockey, basketball outside NA and northern Europe.

irishock
01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
I'll make a mental note to tune in this year. Maybe my Red Wings will be there.

Not this year.. we're at least a few years off.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:03 PM
:lmao Soccer is fucking garbage.... if it wasn't so cheap to play, nobody would like that lame excuse for a "sport"....

I don't know which envious fat red neck came up with that theory but it's ignorant, retarded and easily proved wrong so if you don't want to look like an idiot I suggest you to stop using it.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Olympics?

lol no

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Yeah world cup probably takes it. It's the only championship series that literally the entire world cares for. No one cares about hockey, basketball outside NA and northern Europe.

What? Basketball is the most popular US created sport in the World.

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah maybe because the majority of the world still lives in antiquity. Stay in your third world country. We don't need anymore of you worthless fucks.

Katherine Robinson
01-19-2014, 03:10 PM
https://www.uwec.edu/geography/ivogeler/w111/3world.gif

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:12 PM
:lmao

/thread

Clipper Nation
01-19-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't know which envious fat red neck came up with that theory but it's ignorant, retarded and easily proved wrong so if you don't want to look like an idiot I suggest you to stop using it.
NASCAR > soccer
Professional poker > soccer

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Yeah maybe because the majority of the world still lives in antiquity. Stay in your third world country. We don't need anymore of you worthless fucks.

Why the fuck would I want to move to a meth flooded shitwhole when I live on a beatiful city 12 miles away from the beach with hot women and air that can actually be breathed?

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Why the fuck would I want to move to a meth flooded shitwhole when I live on a beatiful city 12 miles away from the beach with hot women and air that can actually be breathed?
:lol already deflecting
:lol I'd rather live in the slums of Detroit than wherever the fuck you live, faggot.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Preferring Methlahoma to anywhere else in the world is like preferring soccer to a real sport, tbh :lol

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:21 PM
:lol already deflecting
:lol I'd rather live in the slums of Detroit than wherever the fuck you live, faggot.

Deflecting from what? You were the one that brought that "stay in your country" stuff up.

:lol Mitchell
:lol Mitchell's arguing skills
:lol gay ass sig

elmanutres
01-19-2014, 03:21 PM

:lmao Would rather live in detroit than a beautiful city near the beach. God dam them standards. Don't blame ya. Oklahomo is all you know.

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Deflecting from what? You were the one that brought that "stay in your country" stuff up.

:lol Mitchell
:lol Mitchell's arguing skills
:lol gay ass sig
:lol you deflecting immediately after my post
:lol living in a third world country
:lol Argentina
:lol Manu probably throwing game 6 to save his family

elmanutres
01-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I would say nfl, because at least you know almost everyone in the country will be watching. Shit I hate football and even I watch the superbowl.

Katherine Robinson
01-19-2014, 03:27 PM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-strikes-mob-rule-testing-argentine-cities

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Shit I hate football and even I watch the superbowl.
That's probably cause you're some unathletic fat be@ner who could never play football at the high school level, thus you hated it. :lol

DMC
01-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Best: Golf, just so prestigious and all heaped onto one person.

Worst: Probably the NBA. You pretty much know most of the season who's going to win it, and having the trophy presentation at the opponents arena, while boss as fuck if you're on the winning side, doesn't make the ceremony look that interesting. Maybe it will be better when Stern is gone.

I don't consider soccer a watchable sport, just like hockey.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:34 PM
:lol you deflecting immediately after my post
:lol living in a third world country
:lol Argentina
:lol Manu probably throwing game 6 to save his family

How am I deflecting when I adressed a point you made in your post? If anything the one deflecting is you.

First you deflected 'cause you couldn't argue the fact that soccer is the most popular sport in the World and now you're trying to deflect from the fact that I live in a better place than you do. :lol

elmanutres
01-19-2014, 03:35 PM
That's probably cause you're some unathletic fat be@ner who could never play football at the high school level, thus you hated it. :lol

Lol athleticism in football. The biggest fatasses can play football. Meanwhile in basketball, being fat means you are chosen last or not chosen at all in pickup games. So I can see why your are so defensive for football. The only sport I care about and play is basketball and that shit ain't for fatasses.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Lol athleticism in football. The biggest fatasses can play football.
And? Some positions require players to be big, tbh....

Meanwhile in basketball, being fat means you are chosen last or not chosen at all in pickup games. So I can see why your are so defensive for football. The only sport I care about and play is basketball and that shit ain't for fatasses.
I guess nobody told DWill or Melo that :lol

DMC
01-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Lol athleticism in football. The biggest fatasses can play football. Meanwhile in basketball, being fat means you are chosen last or not chosen at all in pickup games. So I can see why your are so defensive for football. The only sport I care about and play is basketball and that shit ain't for fatasses.

Are you serious? Let's see a fatass run down a punt return, or do the 40 in 4.1 seconds, or have a 38" vertical.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make the athletes poor. The front line has to be big, it's their jobs to be immobile when they want to be. Some of the best athletes in the world are in the NFL.

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:43 PM
How am I deflecting when I adressed a point you made in your post? If anything the one deflecting is you.
Actually I made the claim that third worlders prop up a shitty boring sport. They use the copout "but the majority of the world loves soccer!!!" You know, the same faggot take you used to justify soccer as being the worlds best sport.

Then...

First you deflected 'cause you couldn't argue the fact that soccer is the most popular sport in the World and now you're trying to deflect from the fact that I live in a better place than you do.
:lol this is what a third worlder's education looks like. I never argued against the fact that s:lolccer is the most popular sport. I only pointed out why it is such. Which further helps my point out that you third worlders are living in antiquity.

:lol you should probably stick to using alt accounts to troll Spur fan upstairs. Your shit is weak here, mutt.

thunderup
01-19-2014, 03:48 PM
:lol this is the shittiest take I've ever seen regarding a discussion of football and basketball. You should stick to being an irrelevant piggyback rider rather than fronting with takes like this.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Actually I made the claim that third worlders prop up a shitty boring sport. They use the copout "but the majority of the world loves soccer!!!" You know, the same faggot take you used to justify soccer as being the worlds best sport.

Then...

:lol this is what a third worlder's education looks like. I never argued against the fact that s:lolccer is the most popular sport. I only pointed out why it is such. Which further helps my point out that you third worlders are living in antiquity.

:lol you should probably stick to using alt accounts to troll Spur fan upstairs. Your shit is weak here, mutt.

When the fuck did I say soccer is the best sport?

:lol mitchell's arguing skills
:lol mitchell's reading comprehension
:lol mitchell mocking anyone's arguing skills and reading comprehension

elmanutres
01-19-2014, 04:00 PM
:lol this is the shittiest take I've ever seen regarding a discussion of football and basketball. You should stick to being an irrelevant piggyback rider rather than fronting with takes like this.

Is that the only fucking insult you got. I admit dmc and cn got my ass since I am admittedly ignorant about football. But if anybody is the irrelevant piggyback is you for riding on their dicks and lettin them do work and then insult me. About as cowardly as you disappearing when the thunder live up to their shitty 0 timin ways

thunderup
01-19-2014, 04:00 PM
When the fuck did I say soccer is the best sport?
Tell me what the fuck you're trying to imply here with these responses.

You obviously believe it's a better sport or your worthless third world be@ner self wouldn't have surfaced in this thread to argue some form of good for the sake of soccer.

It's not our fault that when you grew up you grew an inferiority complex when you were introduced to American sports.

thunderup
01-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Is that the only fucking insult you got.
:lol it's the only one I need when interacting with dumbass ignorant unathletic be@ners with shitty takes like yourself.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Tell me what the fuck you're trying to imply here with these responses.

Exactly what I said. That soccer is the most popular sport in the World.

lol wasting time trying to find something I didn't say. You remind me of Mavfans.

You obviously believe it's a better sport or your worthless third world be@ner self wouldn't have surfaced in this thread to argue some form of good for the sake of soccer.

It's not our fault that when you grew up you grew an inferiority complex when you were introduced to American sports.

You are the one getting all salty over someone just stating a simple fact like "soccer is the most popular sport in the World" and I'm the one with an inferiority complex? :lol

Katherine Robinson
01-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Does Argentina still try to claim the Falklands, or did the UK bully them away from that claim?

elmanutres
01-19-2014, 04:07 PM
:lol it's the only one I need when interacting with dumbass ignorant unathletic be@ners with shitty takes like yourself.

:rollin Oh my fucking god. Is a fatass oklahoman seriously calling me fat. Really?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/hornetscentralgm/ou20fan.jpg

You guys are just east texans but in a far shittier place.

Edit: I apoligize to the east texans. I can't believe I put you guys in the same sentence as oklahomans.

Thread
01-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Or, perhaps this one:::

Pennsylvania State High School Basketball Championship

SYE04sLsRZA

jeebus
01-19-2014, 04:41 PM
the best thing about soccer is when the fans kill themselves over a game or when the 3rd world stadium construction collapses and kills more soccer fans.

baseline bum
01-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Don't know about best, but worst is definitely boxing since the interview is usually in some combination of Mexican and Ebonics and then when the promoter talks it's even worse.

Thread
01-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Don't know about best, but worst is definitely boxing since the interview is usually in some combination of Mexican and Ebonics and then when the promoter talks it's even worse.

Please...we had the fucking privilege, bum, to this very moment of witnessing...

- "...the greatest exhibition of guts and stamina in the history of the ring.........Ladies and gentlemen, we have a split decision."

- Thayer David - "Rocky"

apalisoc_9
01-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Soccer is played by first world, second world and third world countries.

But it's :lmao how this stupid ass messi cocksucker gets trolled and mad so easily. What a beta..Just like his Idol Messi.

BatManu20
01-19-2014, 05:56 PM

Mocking (by far) the most popular sport in the world in a debate about popularity is pretty retarded in itself.

DAF86
01-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Soccer is played by first world, second world and third world countries.

But it's :lmao how this stupid ass messi cocksucker gets trolled and mad so easily. What a beta..Just like his Idol Messi.

I see you are still butthurt after I educated you in the soccer forum. :lol

Thread
01-19-2014, 06:19 PM
In this country soccer is nothing more than a babysitting tool.

lefty
01-19-2014, 08:31 PM
So sports that don't require as much physical prowess, are discredited? I'd like to see a running back hit/throw a 95 mile per hour fast ball.

Give a RB steroids and he will do it

maverick1948
01-19-2014, 08:43 PM

Bo Jackson

01-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Bo Jackson
He's an anomaly

Venti Quattro
01-19-2014, 08:58 PM
World Cup
UEFA Champions League
Super Bowl
NBA Finals
World Series

The worst? :lmao Stanley Cup

weebo
01-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Worst: Probably the NBA. You pretty much know most of the season who's going to win it, and having the trophy presentation at the opponents arena, while boss as fuck if you're on the winning side, doesn't make the ceremony look that interesting. Maybe it will be better when Stern is gone.

That's where I stopped reading.

Jacob1983
01-20-2014, 02:20 AM
I would say the Stanley Cup because your name is put on it and you only get to keep it if your team keeps winning it. Stanley Cup playoffs are probably the toughest too.

DMC
01-20-2014, 02:27 AM
That's where I stopped reading.

If you win the Masters, you did it on your own, you're not surrounded by a horde of Negroes all touching your trophy and shit, getting chicken grease on it, and you get a cool green jacket.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 02:41 AM

you find golf more watchable than hockey/soccer?

DMC
01-20-2014, 02:48 AM

The question wasn't about which game is more watchable, but how rewarding as a fan and/or a player?

Winning the PGA Championship, you get the big ass trophy and it's just you. How can it be more satisfying than that?

Hell, I don't find baseball watchable.

College football championship might be one of the worst tbh, unless your team wins, because it's always heavily disputed who should have gotten to play.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2014, 02:49 AM

Golf is way more watchable than faggot-ass soccer.... when guys like Mickelson, Bubba Watson, McIlroy, Adam Scott, Dufner, etc. are on, they're far more entertaining to watch than a bunch of Euro faggots flopping like Harden and 0-0 ties....

DMC
01-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Golf is way more watchable than faggot-ass soccer.... when guys like Mickelson, Bubba Watson, McIlroy, Adam Scott, Dufner, etc. are on, they're far more entertaining to watch than a bunch of Euro faggots flopping like Harden and 0-0 ties....

Plus the dude didn't even read the OP.

Jacob1983
01-20-2014, 02:50 AM
The NFL has ties in the regular season.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 02:51 AM
The question wasn't about which game is more watchable, but how rewarding as a fan and/or a player?

Winning the PGA Championship, you get the big ass trophy and it's just you. How can it be more satisfying than that?

Hell, I don't find baseball watchable.

College football championship might be one of the worst tbh, unless your team wins, because it's always heavily disputed who should have gotten to play.
i'm well aware of what the OP was asking. you didn't even address hockey or soccer in your post and cited that they were unwatchable. i was asking you if you personally found golf more watchable than hockey

Clipper Nation
01-20-2014, 02:52 AM
The NFL has ties in the regular season.
They're rare, and there's actually scoring during those ties.... in soccer, a bunch of third world faggots celebrate and/or riot over a 0-0 game :lmao

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 02:54 AM
i'm not a big soccer fan, tbh. i pretty much check in during the elimination stages of champions league, and during the world cup.

as far as golf idgaf about big names, the sport is slow as fuck and boring to watch. i wouldn't pay to watch picasso paint either

Sean Cagney
01-20-2014, 02:57 AM
MLB is so fucking boring. I used to watch it as a kid though or even a teen and was into cards and a huge fan of the stats etc. NBA if your team wins it's nice though, if not fuck it.

Jacob1983
01-20-2014, 03:08 AM
Soccer fans know that ties are a given. Most NFL fans and players don't even know that ties can happen in the regular season. That's the sad thing. Personally, I love ties in the NFL because it fucks up a team's winning percentage.

Robz4000
01-20-2014, 03:22 AM

my nigga :tu

hater
01-20-2014, 03:25 AM
golf is one of the most boring shits to ever watch. I rather watch the wrinkles sprout off Cameron Diaz' face than watch that bullshit imo

Rogue
01-20-2014, 04:37 AM
MLB championship is the baddest ass of all imho, with NBA championship being a close 2nd place, too bad the Rangers missed the chance to win both championships for the city of Dallas in the same year :cry

Golf is a game for the affluent people. While the number of golf fans is rather small compared to major sports, the fans watching & participating in that game are mostly rich asses (like DMC) so that golf players can still earn great money no matter if YOU like this game or not. There's a reason why Tiger Woods has been the biggest earner in the entire world of sports year after year, even bigger than the prime versions of basketball god and F1 god. The basketball god hasn't played pro basketball for more than a decade now and the former F1 god is in a coma, while Tiger is still playing golf

lefty
01-20-2014, 04:50 AM
They're rare, and there's actually scoring during those ties.... in soccer, a bunch of third world faggots celebrate and/or riot over a 0-0 game :lmao
Because that never happens with NBA or NFL fans :lmao

weebo
01-20-2014, 09:47 AM
If you win the Masters, you did it on your own, you're not surrounded by a horde of Negroes all touching your trophy and shit, getting chicken grease on it, and you get a cool green jacket.

Golf is not a sport (not more so than bowling which also requires you do it on your own). It requires almost no athleticism and is more of a leisure activity that require skills to be good at it. That's why you have fat asses like John Daly winning tournaments while chugging beers between rounds. Hell, these guys don't even carry their own golf bags.

Thread
01-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Golf is not a sport......It requires almost no athleticism and is more of a leisure activity that require skills to be good at it. That's why you have fat asses like John Daly winning tournaments while chugging beers between rounds. Hell, these guys don't even carry their own golf bags.

That's why the ones who couldn't do it lengthened their putters and stuck 'em in their belly buttons. You know what that is? Chickenshit,,,pure & unadulterated chickenshit.

DMC
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Golf is not a sport (not more so than bowling which also requires you do it on your own). It requires almost no athleticism and is more of a leisure activity that require skills to be good at it. That's why you have fat asses like John Daly winning tournaments while chugging beers between rounds. Hell, these guys don't even carry their own golf bags.

the IGF is a member of SportAccord. That means it's a sport.

DMC
01-20-2014, 11:49 AM
That's why the ones who couldn't do it lengthened their putters and stuck 'em in their belly buttons. You know what that is? Chickenshit,,,pure & unadulterated chickenshit.

You mean like how the MLB players who couldn't do it took PEDs? Same with pro football.

Thy are about to outlaw that belly button putter, I think, if they haven't already.

Thread
01-20-2014, 11:53 AM
You mean like how the MLB players who couldn't do it took PEDs? Same with pro football.

Thy are about to outlaw that belly button putter, I think, if they haven't already.

Yeah, the ban starts in '15 I believe.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2014, 12:36 PM
No, chickenshit is sneakin' out the back of the Chuckbox so nobody could see you....

TacoCabanaFajitas
01-20-2014, 12:38 PM
This thread has delivered some major laughs tbh

Thread
01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
No, chickenshit is sneakin' out the back of the Chuckbox so nobody could see you....

....so he didn't have to pay for me. I asked the cashier:::"Senor', did a small gringo, cute little guy with saddle shoes, brown corduroys and red argyle socks stop in for a Great Big One?"

Cashier: "Is he retarded, senor'?"

DMC
01-20-2014, 01:47 PM
....so he didn't have to pay for me. I asked the cashier:::"Senor', did a small gringo, cute little guy with saddle shoes, brown corduroys and red argyle socks stop in for a Great Big One?"

Cashier: "Is he retarded, senor'?"

:lmao

jimbo
01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
I think you have to actually play golf to recognize how hard it is really is to win or dominate that sport. That's why Tiger's run was so unbelievable tbh. It's not like you're playing vs just one team every night. You're playing against 155 other guys, any of whom could play above their level for a few days and take it.

I think it's pretty watchable during the majors. They need to do something to revitalize watching it when there isn't a major on. Even young people that golf don't watch the tour and their older audience is starting to die out.

vma16
01-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Soccer World cup

World Series
UEFA Champions League
Superbowl
nba final

Also big fat LOL at those calling Germany, France, Sweeden, Norway and many others, third world countries... :lmaoUneducated yankees

Rogue
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
1st world: US and Sweden

2nd world countries: Germany, France, UK, Espana... most European countries west of Poland-Czech-Austria plus Japan

3rd world: the rest of the world.