PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Why are NBA players so uneducated?

EmoKobe
01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Always praising and thanking the lord for shit like a nice day and such. Are they that stupid they attribute a nice day to some unproven deity?

DMC
01-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Look at their skin color.

irishock
01-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Every time I watch LeBron's legendary game 7 performance, I turn off the vid immediately when it comes to his post-game speech.

"I mean, to be out here and the results happen out on the floor, is the ultimate, uh, i'm at a lost for words."

BatManu20
01-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Pro athletes*

BatManu20
01-19-2014, 05:39 PM
http://img5.visualizeus.com/thumbs/3d/54/atheism,funny,jesus,poster,religion,stupid-3d5472d1118af053d3ca5b4f08464d1c_h.jpg

Venti Quattro
01-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Because if they were any intelligent, they're not gonna be basketball players anymore.

TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2014, 05:56 PM
doesnt thank the white man for a job

Katherine Robinson
01-19-2014, 05:58 PM
The good lord typically bestows upon us physical or mental superiority, rarely both.

Thread
01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
^HE also bestowed 6 upon us with an assist from Bosh.

Koolaid_Man
01-19-2014, 06:30 PM

He also bestows open assholes, trampstamps, tongue rings, homogate, cuck city, private investigators upon us...

irishock
01-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Allen having the fucking wherewithal to take 2 steps back was ridiculous too. No fucking hesitation. Didn't even look down to check whether or not he was behind the line.

http://ncwtv.com/nn/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/eba9ray-allen-3-pointer.gif

Greatest NBA Finals shot of all time.

Reck
01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
This is not just exclusive to Basketball players. I've seen plenty of other sports where the first thing that come out of their mouths is "oh thank god because without him I wouldn't have done it" blah blah.

Its something athletes everywhere take on to appear gracious and to be liked or what have you.

Its like hey see I love god, so please like me too. :cry

Thread
01-19-2014, 08:10 PM
This is not just exclusive to Basketball players. I've seen plenty of other sports where the first thing that come out of their mouths is "oh thank god because without him I wouldn't have done it" blah blah.

Its something athletes everywhere take on to appear gracious and to be liked or what have you.

Its like hey see I love god, so please like me too. :cry

To expand on Shad's point:::It's an act of humility based in the shallows of guilt. They're flush with money and a sense of surrealism sets in on a/the common man. "If I act contrite (it) won't go away."

Rogue
01-19-2014, 09:04 PM
bball is niggas' sport after all and niggas are more religious than other races imho.

wtgspurs
01-19-2014, 09:21 PM
You guys may take things as a joke now that you're at home behind your computers and you virtually have the power to say and do anything you want but I wouldn't be joking around with God like that. Let them thank him even if they don't mean it or if it sound's cliche. I've seen unbelievers who never believed in the Lord cry out on their death beden or when they get into deep trouble. Why? You will only find out if you put yourself in similar situations where you know that you have no control over and the only one / thing that can help you is that "God" and "Faith" you hear people talking about....tbh

Thread
01-19-2014, 09:59 PM
You guys may take things as a joke now that you're at home behind your computers and you virtually have the power to say and do anything you want but I wouldn't be joking around with God like that. Let them thank him even if they don't mean it or if it sound's cliche. I've seen unbelievers who never believed in the Lord cry out on their death beden or when they get into deep trouble. Why? You will only find out if you put yourself in similar situations where you know that you have no control over and the only one / thing that can help you is that "God" and "Faith" you hear people talking about....tbh

wtg with the goods. The old [church & steeple shuffle].

jeebus
01-19-2014, 10:17 PM
NFL players made a giant leap today towards claiming that number 1 spot in lack of education

Thread
01-19-2014, 10:34 PM
^

.G.
01-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Had a feeling this thread would eventually delve into religion and talk about the imaginary man who lives in the sky

.G.
01-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Begs the question--at least for me--what can be said of the education of the average american MMA fighter? I always hear these niggz thanking god, country, and freedom...the troops, etc... But hey, they're smart enough to remember to thank their sponsors, but then again isn't that one of the basic tenents of being an MMA fighter? Meh...

Typical sheeple/gladiator pawns? Could the same also be said of their fan base? Maybe

Clipper Nation
01-19-2014, 10:55 PM
:lmao Dumbass Jeebotard

Reck
01-19-2014, 10:58 PM
NFL players made a giant leap today towards claiming that number 1 spot in lack of education

Exactly. I was going to post about it.

Give a black dude a microphone and he'll make you regret it.

Jacob1983
01-19-2014, 11:12 PM
I think the NBA likes dumb players because people can relate. And stereotypes sell so the NBA is gonna cash in on it.

Thread
01-19-2014, 11:13 PM
^

wtgspurs
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM
:lmao Dumbass Jeebotard
your day will come

ElNono
01-20-2014, 12:17 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

FYM
01-20-2014, 08:38 AM
your day will come

:lmao

try me... Preach wtg !

FYM
01-20-2014, 08:40 AM
skin color has nothing to do about thanking god... corelation is not between skin color and religion, corelation is between religion and education... uneducted people tend to be blind believers

Rogue
01-20-2014, 09:48 AM
People who're better educated are more likely to have their own ideologies so they don't need to take someone else's world of view entirely as their own. They may still believe in something or someone (like Rogue's belief in Leykism), but I have my own understanding of Leykism and maybe if I have a talk with Leykis someday, I'll probably say something that Leykis disapproves of. Leykis encourages young guys to date bitches without getting "committed" to anyone, while Rogue believes any sort of date is a waste of time and money, and is a violation of the frugality of life.

resistanze
01-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Always praising and thanking the lord for shit like a nice day and such. Are they that stupid they attribute a nice day to some unproven deity?

You had a fucking president that praised God after every speech and said God told him to invade a country, why are you singling out athletes?

CavsSuperFan
01-20-2014, 10:38 AM
OP is painting with a wide brush...There are many intelligent & articulate Pro Athletes...

01-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Came in expecting to be disgusted with the answers ITT
Leaving satisfied

DMC
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM

I've seen people on their death beds do a lot of silly shit because they are 3rd spacing and the morphine takes them away from reality. I've seen people who are dying call out for their mothers as well, even old people. It's not an indication that they have a better grasp on reality when they are in the arms of death; it's that they are pushing every button on the panel to try to stop the self destruction from occurring. Ever pound on your keyboard when your screen locks? Did it help? Using your logic, pounding on your keyboard is a hidden way of fixing screen lockups because desperate people will do it.

If God is real, then there's no reason to pretend some veil is opened when you're near death that allows you to see him. Religion is silly as fuck, and it's on par with Santa and the fucking tooth fairy.