PDA

View Full Version : Sting makes $2000 a day thanks to lol P Diddy

Blake
01-19-2014, 10:10 PM
It’s safe to say that*Sting*never has to work again if he doesn’t want to. On top of all his income from touring and his incredibly popular back catalog, a new article reveals that he earns $730,000 a year — $2,000 a day — in royalties from only one song, ‘Every Breath You Take.’Celebrity Net Worth*gets into the fiscal story of the*Police’s massive 1983 hit. Its success had already netted Sting enough “mailbox money” over the years, but in 1997 it was appropriated by*Puff Daddy*for ‘I’ll Be Missing You,’ his tribute to slain rapper*Notorious B.I.G. Its melody was used in the chorus, sung by Biggie’s widow,*Faith Evans, and*Andy Summers’ ominously sinuous guitar part was sampled.However, Puff Daddy never asked permission from Sting for the sample, which would have probably allowed him to pay out just 25 percent of the publishing royalties. Instead, due to copyright law, Sting was able to lay claim to 100 percent of them.

Read More:*Sting Earns $2,000 a Day Because Puff Daddy Didn’t Say ‘Please’ Back in 1997*| http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sting-puff-daddy-2000-a-day/?trackback=tsmclip

there's an extra 2G in his account today. It's the same ol deposit as yesterday.

Drachen
01-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Tell me that he had to pay a shit ton of money for that abortion of a kashmir cover and I will be happy.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-20-2014, 12:29 AM
If the 130 million plays of Every Breath You Take, back in the day, didn't lead to ruining this song for me--this jackass's tune sure did. What a horrible tune P Shiddy made.

Drachen
01-20-2014, 12:45 AM
I forgot to mention that the song that I am complaining about was made for the godzilla movie in 2000

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Tell me that he had to pay a shit ton of money for that abortion of a kashmir cover and I will be happy.

I remember how sad it was seeing Jimmy Page playing guitar with Puffy's vocals on SNL. I hope he was back on the smack, at least.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-20-2014, 01:25 AM
I forgot to mention that the song that I am complaining about was made for the godzilla movie in 2000

I remember how sad it was seeing Jimmy Page playing guitar with Puffy's vocals on SNL. I hope he was back on the smack, at least.

Oh, yeah. I remember what soundtrack that was on. I also remember that SNL episode. I remember the drummer totally overplaying and Page just looking at him with that "What the hell are you doing, burnt king?" look on his face. There was no groove. At. All.

baseline bum
01-20-2014, 02:25 AM

I wish AIDS on him and his next three generations for that.