PDA

View Full Version : Question for 9ers fans who aren't Avante

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Aren't performances like what we saw from krap tonight the exact same things that had you people calling for Alice smith's head?

Robz4000
01-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Tbh I never really thought Alex Smith needed to be let go; he was fine at QB. I think a lot of us saw Kraep show some potential that we thought would expand if he got more playing time and so far that hasn't happened. I'll give him until the middle of next season to improve because, as I said in another thread, he has the tools to be a borderline elite talent and that would be more than enough to put the Niners over the top.

Of course, there's also Colt the savior McCoy who could take over and get it done. We'll see what happens.

Pelicans78
01-19-2014, 11:33 PM
I don't think Smith wins the game at Atlanta like Kaep did.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Kaepernick might be mediocre, but he sure steps his game up in the playoffs. I think you guys should keep him and try to develop him. He isn't scared to make a bad play - which is not a bad thing. I think it actually helps him progress as a good quarterback. Once you let fear get out of the way (which is why Wilson and Newton were mediocre and not scoring much), that is a big step in the right direction of winning.

.G.
01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Smith was a lot more aggrevating for me. I just never had much confidence in the guy, even after beating NO in that divisional game I still wasn't sold.

Just not the case with CK7. From the onset, he's been fun to watch, he's shown some clutch, and his playmaking abilities have to a degree, revolutionized QB style in today's league. He has so much room for improvement, though.

BRHornet45
01-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick are pretty much a toss up. neither are worth shit.

the 49ers could literally flip a coin on any given game day and it wouldn't matter which one was their QB. Smith has more technical ability (but without the talent to deliver consistently). Keapernick has more athleticism (but not much upstairs to deliver when it counts).

chunticakes
01-19-2014, 11:46 PM
if only you could fuse smith and krapernick. that'd be something.

Trainwreck2100
01-19-2014, 11:53 PM
whoever edited my title can you explain why you closed the congrats africa thread when it was about tshirts and not black people?

Chinook
01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Maybe SanFran will be the team that finally stands up to quarterbacks. They already have a semi-precedent established with Smith. If they find a way to pay him less than $15 Million per, I think there's hope for the QB market to settle down.

I'd invest in another quarterback in the draft regardless. He's bound to get injured sooner or later.

Fabbs
01-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Why in the clutchest of situations does Kraep force it to an unopen Crabtree?

Last years SB final series at the goaline.
Tonight on 1st and 10. Hey Crabtree was not open. Throw it away.
It's now 2nd down.

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2014, 12:31 AM
Maybe SanFran will be the team that finally stands up to quarterbacks. They already have a semi-precedent established with Smith. If they find a way to pay him less than $15 Million per, I think there's hope for the QB market to settle down.

I'd invest in another quarterback in the draft regardless. He's bound to get injured sooner or later.

I have a feeling they are going to let Kaepernick walk, tbh..Harbaugh seems too intelligent to accept a move that would severely overpay an average QB..

Kaepernick threw the same stupid, potential INT against the Packers and got away with it in round 1(GB's 3rd string CB dropped it)..he's just too shaky and unreliable..

jimbo
01-20-2014, 12:37 AM
if only you could fuse smith and krapernick. that'd be something.

Eh, I wouldn't even call Smith particularly intelligent or accurate or anything tbh. Wouldn't be worth the fuse.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2014, 12:57 AM
Kaep's still pretty damn young. Lot of time for him to get better. Reminds me a little bit of a Brett Favre. Not as good obviously but he's a scambler who will throw into double coverage because he thinks he can fit it in there.

HI-FI
01-20-2014, 01:49 AM

pretty much how I feel.

I'm pissed at Kaep but shit happens. It was a tough game for me to watch and the Bowman hit about did it for me. Still, I think Kaep has potential, all that matters to me is that we dont' over pay him. If he wants too much, then I'd be fine with letting him walk.

Harbaugh has gone to 3 NFC Championship games with Alex Smith and Kaepernick as QB. That's beyond impressive. I'm not saying any mofo can win as QB, but I think Harbaugh is the constant here and if Kaep shows progress then I don't mind us keeping him, I like him but Niners should not overpay him or else we are screwed.

dg7md
01-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Kaepernick is fine and a top QB in the league, despite some mistakes he's made. Niners made the right move getting rid of Alex Smith in favor of him. Kaepernick is dangerous, I would put him up there with the most dangerous QBs in the league, even if he has had some issues with interceptions. I'd be shocked if the Niners don't win a Super Bowl with him in the next few years — the team itself is too damn good.

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2014, 02:19 AM
Kaepernick is fine and a top QB in the league, despite some mistakes he's made. Niners made the right move getting rid of Alex Smith in favor of him. Kaepernick is dangerous, I would put him up there with the most dangerous QBs in the league, even if he has had some issues with interceptions. I'd be shocked if the Niners don't win a Super Bowl with him in the next few years — the team itself is too damn good.

:lol top QB at what, tbh?..

DAF86
01-20-2014, 02:22 AM
Kaepernick as shitty as he is sometimes can win you a game on his own, Smith can't. With Smith you knew you would get constant mediocrity.

dg7md
01-20-2014, 02:24 AM
:lol top QB at what, tbh?..

He's just elusive, which is the best way to describe it. He can do a lot of deadly things to teams; he's generally pretty clutch, has poise and strong leadership for such a young player. He might not lead in accuracy or anything, but he could turn a nothing play into a 50 yard run better than anybody else in the league, which sets up a lot of options for your offense, clearly.

Out of all of the QBs in the game, he would be the top in ones I would not want to face with a game on the line (I went through it last year, very scary). Had the Seahawks not have some of the best defensive players in the league, he would have led a comeback against the Seahawks at home.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 02:27 AM
he's generally pretty clutch
:lmao