PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry... I just think this needs to be said...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-19-2014, 11:42 PM
How much success of Peyton this year is depended on having four legit receiving threats?

How would Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers do with that core?

All this talk about "Manning makes players great" - but I don't think it hurts to have three of the top ten receivers in the game on your side.

To say this guy is better than Brady is ridiculous. No disrespect for Peyton.. but c'mon man.

It's like saying "Lynch carries Seattle". How would Peyton do with a core of Steve Smith, Lafell and Tedd Ginn? Or Edleman, Amendola and whatever the Patriots 3rd receiver is... Dobson? Collie? Whatever. You get my point.

DeadlyDynasty
01-19-2014, 11:44 PM
Yeah, and he put up record #'s like any of the elites would/should with such targets...your point? When Brady had elite weapons he did the same. Rodgers would easily do it too.

...and Lynch does carry that team, as evidenced by just about all their playoff wins since 2010.

chunticakes
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
put cum on the broncos and they look like the tim tebow led broncos.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah, and he put up record #'s like any of the elites would/should with such targets...your point? When Brady had elite weapons he did the same. Rodgers would easily do it too.

...and Lynch does carry that team, as evidenced by just about all their playoff wins since 2010.

1) My point is that Manning has had legitimate receivers throughout his career in the league. When he was in Indy, it was Stokley/Harrison/Wayne. Receivers are typically detrimental to a QB's success - as seen by the decline in Matt Ryan this year. I think it would be interesting to see how well he would do with average receivers. He had average receivers his first couple of years (where he did shitty) - but I won't include that because he was still developing.

2) Seattle is carried primarily by their defense. Offensively, Lynch is a big load. But they don't win without that 4th down touchdown and that crazy pass last week.

td4mvp2k
01-19-2014, 11:49 PM
If brady had his 2 TEs its a diff game tbh

DPG21920
01-19-2014, 11:53 PM
OP, are you serious. If you swap Manning with Cap, RW or Cam, SF/SEA/CAR never lose a game. If you put them on DEN, DEN is not in the SB. It's not even really a topic to discuss tbh..

jimbo
01-19-2014, 11:55 PM
OP, are you serious. If you swap Manning with Cap, RW or Cam, SF/SEA/CAR never lose a game. If you put them on DEN, DEN is not in the SB. It's not even really a topic to discuss tbh..

Manning also makes what, near 20 mil? You could make the Broncos even more stacked if you let em use one of the black QB's salaries.

:lol

Manning can't even take a paycut like Lebron. Too afraid his neck'll snap.

spurraider21
01-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Lynch was easily the key of the Seahawks offense. Their receivers couldn't get any separation and its not like Wilson was exactly playing out of his mind. In the first half when Lynch couldn't get going, the Seahawks offense was complete shit outside the one deep ball to Baldwin. Once Lynch started churning those tough yards in the 2nd half, the Seahawks were able to make some things happen with the passing game too.

With the state of their pass protection, outside "weapons", and Wilson not playing his best ball, Lynch is absolutely vital to the team, much more than during a large stretch of this season where Wilson was playing at his best. Percy Harvin is going to have to make an impact in the SuperBowl. Doug Baldwin/Golden Tate are not enough of a threat to scare a defense.

DPG21920
01-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Manning also makes what, near 20 mil? You could make the Broncos even more stacked if you let em use one of the black QB's salaries.

:lol

Manning can't even take a paycut like Lebron. Too afraid his neck'll snap.

I didn't think that was the question. I thought it was strictly talent/ability?

rayjayjohnson
01-20-2014, 12:00 AM
How much success of Peyton this year is depended on having four legit receiving threats?

How would Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers do with that core?

All this talk about "Manning makes players great" - but I don't think it hurts to have three of the top ten receivers in the game on your side.

To say this guy is better than Brady is ridiculous. No disrespect for Peyton.. but c'mon man.

It's like saying "Lynch carries Seattle". How would Peyton do with a core of Steve Smith, Lafell and Tedd Ginn? Or Edleman, Amendola and whatever the Patriots 3rd receiver is... Dobson? Collie? Whatever. You get my point.

Is your point that you're a fucking idiot?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2014, 12:01 AM
Is your point that you're a fucking idiot?

Back to mediocrity after next year, my chump. Bet you're ready for those Jake Plummer 2.0 days with Osiweller or whatever the Jews name is.

jimbo
01-20-2014, 12:03 AM
I didn't think that was the question. I thought it was strictly talent/ability?

I don't live in a bubble. I hope you don't either.

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2014, 12:03 AM
:lol Denver has 1 top 10 WR, relax, Catwoman..

People don't understand that Manning is the Broncos offensive coach, in addition to being the QB, tbh:lol..

jimbo
01-20-2014, 12:04 AM
But tbh, you also have to blame Peyton for some of the bad D. Greedy fuck. He couldn't just take the Papa Johns' endorsements, he had to have the biggest piece of the pie too.

It'll all be worth it if y'all win. But when Wilson tears that weak D up and the tears start welling, you only have your leader to blame.

rayjayjohnson
01-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Back to mediocrity after next year, my chump. Bet you're ready for those Jake Plummer 2.0 days with Osiweller or whatever the Jews name is.

:lol cam newton
:lol black qb's
:lol Steve Smith's corpse

rayjayjohnson
01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
But tbh, you also have to blame Peyton for some of the bad D. Greedy fuck. He couldn't just take the Papa Johns' endorsements, he had to have the biggest piece of the pie too.

It'll all be worth it if y'all win. But when Wilson tears that weak D up and the tears start welling, you only have your leader to blame.

Wilson needs to get the ball first

ducks
brady choked tonight he played terrible

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

According to ESPN rankings:
1) Calvin Johnson Jr.
2) Brandon Marshall
3) Andre Johnson
4) AJ Green
5) Dez Bryant
6) Larry Fitzgerald
7) Jordy Nelson
8) Josh Gordon
9) Vincent Jackson
10) Percy Harvin
11) Anquan Boldin
12) Julio Jones
13) Demariyus Thomas
14) DeSean Jackson
15) Reggie Wayne
16) Eric Decker
17) Stevie Johnson
18) Dwayne Bowe
19) Wes Welker
20) Steve Smith

other notables: Crabtree, Jeffrey, Colston, Roddy White

So they actually have zero top ten :lmao according to ESPN. But considering they also have three players that were in the top ten the year before, I think it is safe to say sharing the catches (along with Welker missing the last month) definitely shows that individually they each have top ten talent - and I don't think that's really denyable.

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 12:08 AM
I don't live in a bubble. I hope you don't either.

I don't live in a bubble - but that was not the point of the OP. Money is not the issue now, it's about the talent of the QB and team around him.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2014, 12:09 AM
:lol cam newton
:lol black qb's
:lol Steve Smith's corpse

:lmao brighter future than Denver
:lmao you wish a receiver could play to be half as good as a 35 yr Steve Smith
:lmao Cam Newton breaking every rookie record in the book

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Not that it matters, but that list from ESPN is awful :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2014, 12:10 AM
So, you just claimed Denver has 3 top 10 WRs, but cited a list that says Denver has 0 top 10 WRs..ok..

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

rayjayjohnson
01-20-2014, 12:11 AM
:lmao brighter future than Denver
:lmao you wish a receiver could play to be half as good as a 35 yr Steve Smith
:lmao Cam Newton breaking every rookie record in the book

:lol couldn't do shit with a 2 seed
:lol Ron
:lol Newton second fiddle to Wilson and Kaperpick.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Not that it matters, but that list from ESPN is awful :lol

Their top ten QB rankings:
1) Peyton Manning
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Drew Brees
4) Tom Brady
5) Ben Roethlisberger
6) Russell Wilson
7) Cam Newton
8) Philip Rivers
9) Tony Romo
10) Andrew Luck

11-15 Flacco, Stafford, Kaepernick, Cutler, Smith

No Foles, Dalton or RGIII :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2014, 12:14 AM
So, you just claimed Denver has 3 top 10 WRs, but cited a list that says Denver has 0 top 10 WRs..ok..

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

C'mon Harlem. Use your reading comprehension skills you learned in grade school:

But considering they also have three players that were in the top ten the year before, I think it is safe to say sharing the catches (along with Welker missing the last month) definitely shows that individually they each have top ten talent - and I don't think that's really denyable.

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 12:14 AM
:lmao that list is even worse. Romo/Rivers/Luck behind RW/Cam

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2014, 12:16 AM
:lmao that list is even worse. Romo/Rivers/Luck behind RW/Cam

To be fair, those three you named choked just as hard as Cam. Romo way harder.

jimbo
01-20-2014, 12:16 AM
I don't live in a bubble - but that was not the point of the OP. Money is not the issue now, it's about the talent of the QB and team around him.

Go ahead and simplify things down. If that's all the analysis you can handle, that's all I want from you.

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 12:17 AM
:lol What? I was simply answering the question directly. I was not disagreeing with the money thing.

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
To be fair, those three you named choked just as hard as Cam. Romo way harder.

How can you choke with one of the worst coaches in the league and worst defenses in the league? If Romo was on the Panthers this year, they very likely win the SB imo.

jimbo
01-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Tbh, if we're gonna be honest you posed another question. Now that I think of it, I can't agree with it anyways. Manning would have lost plenty with the Panthers. 49ers/Seahawks probably still a few (given that 49ers didn't have half their receivers for most of the year and the Seahawks still don't have jack to catch the ball).

Current 49ers + Manning doesn't lose a game though.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-20-2014, 12:25 AM
How can you choke with one of the worst coaches in the league and worst defenses in the league? If Romo was on the Panthers this year, they very likely win the SB imo.
:tu yep...

HI-FI
01-20-2014, 01:54 AM

People don't understand that Manning is the Broncos offensive coach, in addition to being the QB, tbh:lol..
Manning is getting paid both as a QB and co-offensive coordinator. He's always been worth the money.

Hilarious OP brings up Austin Collie when Manning made him look pretty damn good.

I've said this before but OP is the same dude who was on PMS when posters were calling out Manu after the Finals, yet calls Manning a choker. unfuckingreal.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 01:55 AM
did he really call Welker and Decker top 10? :lmao