:lol down by 17 points @Toronto
:lol Swaggy P leading the comeback

:lol tanking fail

DMC
01-20-2014, 02:02 AM
"Bubble here we come."

Thebesteva
01-20-2014, 02:58 AM
Yeah I dunno wtf is going on, they need to lose more. The worst record usually doesnt get the first pick but we gotta be in top 4.

Rogue
01-20-2014, 04:24 AM
http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/76249/dsc080131.jpg

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 04:32 AM
The worst record usually doesnt get the first pick
and pocket aces doesn't usually win a holdem hand.

Thread
01-20-2014, 05:44 AM
Only pussies & assholes tank.

NRHector
01-20-2014, 06:49 AM

So which one are you? You stupid chickenshit

AchillesHeel
01-20-2014, 07:09 AM
15.3 PER is a career high for "swaggy P" :lmao

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2014, 08:23 AM

At least there is one Lakers fan in this forum that still has his cojones.

FYM
01-20-2014, 08:27 AM

Absolutely... preach Thread preach

Let the Lakers take the 9 seed of the west, fail at a draft pick and rebuild around Melo and Kobe

Tough night yesterday for a pats fan but niners screwed by ref and kaep plus Lakers adding 1 in the W column and Celtics adding 1 in the L column is helping me to swallow my bitter pill

Boston 27
Lakers 25

even at tanking the good guys in green own the faggot purples :lmao

FYM
01-20-2014, 08:35 AM
At least there is one Lakers fan in this forum that still has his cojones.

cojones to achieve what ?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2014, 08:52 AM
cojones to achieve what ?

"Pussies and faggots" were the posters response for people who believe tanking is a viable option for a team. So what is the opposite???? Just put a little thought into it and you will get it.

FYM
01-20-2014, 08:59 AM
"Pussies and faggots" were the posters response for people who believe tanking is a viable option for a team. So what is the opposite???? Just put a little thought into it and you will get it.

ya because tanking is not a viable option for a team you moron ?

Spurs are too class to tank, right ? :lmao

Lakers best option is to tank, if that make them pussies and assholes what the fucking deal ? you win respect by cumulating LOB not because you are too damn proud to tank.... I thought Spurs fan would know tbh

Rogue
01-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Pussy and asshole... they're basically the same thing to Duncan imho.

Katherine Robinson
01-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Pussy and asshole... they're basically the same thing to Duncan imho.

Timmy would be hard pressed to decide between being in the middle of a human centipede or watching a handful of Mexicans fill up all of Amy's orifices.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2014, 09:44 AM
ya because tanking is not a viable option for a team you moron ?

Spurs are too class to tank, right ? :lmao

Lakers best option is to tank, if that make them pussies and assholes what the fucking deal ? you win respect by cumulating LOB not because you are too damn proud to tank.... I thought Spurs fan would know tbh

You're funny. Since I have been alive, the Spurs have never tanked. The year when Robinson was injured, everyone knew the Spurs would suck. Remember the year the Spurs without Robinson in '88 season was the worse record the Spurs had up to that point. So no one was surprised the Spurs sucked in '96 when he was out for the year. Spurs were lucky with the timing of the injury.

Tanking is for idiots, just ask teams like the Clippers, Kings, Wizards, Bucks, etc. Essentially, teams that had/have been doing it for years. The Celtics kept on tanking in the 90's and where did that get them. Teams that find and develop talent are the ones that are going to be successful, especially under the new CBA. Here is a list of drafted players that have been key to the Spurs success since the Duncan era begin. Tony Parker #28 pick, Manu #57 pick, Splitter #28 pick, Kawhi Leonard via Hill trade (picked #26).

Winning games like the Lakers did last night, builds confidence in the team. And yeah, they probably aren't going to make the playoffs, but add a few good pieces to a confident team, and it will be successful. Add a few to a who gives a damn type of team, and I guarantee you, it won't be successful, much like the Lakers last year (w/ both Gasol and Howard being those who gives a damn players on the Lakers for much of the season).

FYM
01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
You're funny. Since I have been alive, the Spurs have never tanked. Spurs were lucky with the timing of the injury.

:lmao

didn't read the rest

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 10:40 AM

didn't read the rest

Revisionist history. Spurs tanked PERIOD. Twice. No Timmy no David no rings. Yall just better at it.
Also tanking didn't help Celts right away but eventually led to the trades that netted KG, Rondo and Ray. Pierce was also a lotto pick.

FYM
01-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Revisionist history. Spurs tanked PERIOD. Twice. No Timmy no David no rings. Yall just better at it.
Also tanking didn't help Celts right away but eventually led to the trades that netted KG, Rondo and Ray. Pierce was also a lotto pick.

Celtics wants to stock pill picks, that's their unique objective and I'm fine with that. I believe Rondo is gone and he will traded for essentially picks.

Your Lakers should do the same killa' no shame at tanking

Thread
01-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Absolutely... preach Thread preach

Let the Lakers take the 9 seed of the west, fail at a draft pick and rebuild around Melo and Kobe

Tough night yesterday for a pats fan but niners screwed by ref and kaep plus Lakers adding 1 in the W column and Celtics adding 1 in the L column is helping me to swallow my bitter pill

Boston 27
Lakers 25

even at tanking the good guys in green own the faggot purples :lmao

Pierce, backing away from Artest.

ha.

Thread
01-20-2014, 10:53 AM
So which one are you?

I'm this one:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

FYM
01-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Pierce, backing away from Artest.

ha.

Kobe, backing away from decency

ha.

Thread
01-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Kobe, backing away from decency

ha.

lmemulatedao!!!

DMC
01-20-2014, 11:09 AM
and pocket aces doesn't usually win a holdem hand.

It usually does if you push the limpers out before the flop.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2014, 12:22 PM

How did they tank twice. The year the Spurs sucked before Robinson, they drafted him two years beforehand and he didn't even have to sign with the Spurs at the time.

In '96, Sean Elliott got injured, Chuck Person (their 6th man prior two years) injured, Robinson injured, Charles Smith injured. 3 starters and your 6th man injured. That's not tanking, that is getting decimated by injuries. When looking at the Spurs roster, that is 4 of your best 5 players injured in one season and each missing 50+ games. Spurs had to sign over the hill players in Wilkins, Maxwell, etc to replace them. That is why they sucked, not because THEY PURPOSELY tanked.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Celtics wants to stock pill picks, that's their unique objective and I'm fine with that. I believe Rondo is gone and he will traded for essentially picks.

Your Lakers should do the same killa' no shame at tanking

Agreed. Tank/rebuild is same shit I know tank implies deliberately losing but its just nice spin.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
How did they tank twice. The year the Spurs sucked before Robinson, they drafted him two years beforehand and he didn't even have to sign with the Spurs at the time.

In '96, Sean Elliott got injured, Chuck Person (their 6th man prior two years) injured, Robinson injured, Charles Smith injured. 3 starters and your 6th man injured. That's not tanking, that is getting decimated by injuries. When looking at the Spurs roster, that is 4 of your best 5 players injured in one season and each missing 50+ games. Spurs had to sign over the hill players in Wilkins, Maxwell, etc to replace them. That is why they sucked, not because THEY PURPOSELY tanked.

How many players have the Lakers lost this year. Tank to me includes teams that get injured and decide to ship assets for a rebuild like the Bulls did when Rose went down.

DMC
01-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Agreed. Tank/rebuild is same shit I know tank implies deliberately losing but its just nice spin.

lol look at you backpedaling on "tank" now that Dale disapproves.

djohn2oo8
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Back to back wins hurting our cause tbh ...
Embiid to Lakers would be awesome.

Yep the worst. With win over Clips, Kings and Warriors ... and your Rockets too ...
If we can sneak in a win over Celts, Mavs and Spurs this will be a great season if we get a top 3 pick.

Man, has the bar been lowered ...:(

Top 5 pick on the way ...at this rate maybe even top 3.

Killa backpedaling hard...

Thread
01-20-2014, 02:39 PM

Bend over. I'll have ya fuckin' backpedaling hard.

djohn2oo8
01-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Bend over. I'll have ya fuckin' backpedaling hard.
How did the human centipede work out for you?

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 02:51 PM
It usually does if you push the limpers out before the flop.
Missing my point. Also, that's probably the worst way to play pocket aces

Thread
01-20-2014, 02:52 PM

Does pocket aces mean those cards aren't showing except to you?

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 03:09 PM
much like pocket aces are your best bet to winning a poker hand, getting the worst record gives your best shot to getting that top pick. these comments i hear about how "the worst record usually doesn't get the first pick" are missing the point, considering it still gives them the best odds.

now, when poker is played, many will fold pre-flop, and yes, you can push people out with pocket aces. the odds of taking the hand are thus really high with aces. but statistically, if they were to play through, the pre-flop odds are still less than 50% in an 8 man game. that doesn't mean its a hand you don't want

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2014, 03:15 PM
How many players have the Lakers lost this year. Tank to me includes teams that get injured and decide to ship assets for a rebuild like the Bulls did when Rose went down.

Exactly, Tanking implies that you are not even putting any effort into winning. Having multiple injuries is just having bad luck. But because of their luck this year, most Lakers' fan just want them to lose out, which imo is just stupid. Believe me, I didn't enjoy the 96-97 apart from oldman Dominque's highlight dunks every now and then.

Rebuilding isn't tanking. Look at the Sonics when they traded Allen and Lewis, who both were allstar's at the time. They had a plan and are now a championship contending team. Tanking is just completely packing it in, much like what the Bucks are doing right now.

Thread
01-20-2014, 03:39 PM
much like pocket aces are your best bet to winning a poker hand, getting the worst record gives your best shot to getting that top pick. these comments i hear about how "the worst record usually doesn't get the first pick" are missing the point, considering it still gives them the best odds.

now, when poker is played, many will fold pre-flop, and yes, you can push people out with pocket aces. the odds of taking the hand are thus really high with aces. but statistically, if they were to play through, the pre-flop odds are still less than 50% in an 8 man game. that doesn't mean its a hand you don't want

What, now you ain't talking to me unless you're attacking me?

I asked a civil question. Please.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 03:41 PM
What, now you ain't talking to me unless you're attacking me?

I asked a civil question. Please.
i didn't attack you, i explained by point. pocket aces are easily the best hand to be dealt, but statistically aren't going to win most of the time, much like how the worst record doesn't get the #1 pick most of the time

DMC
01-20-2014, 03:42 PM

Best way is to only have other pocket pairs playing against you and even then the fewer the better. If you let everyone limp in someone is going to hit a straight or a flush.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Best way is to only have other pocket pairs playing against you and even then the fewer the better. If you let everyone limp in someone is going to hit a straight or a flush.
yeah, i mean you aren't going to check-call all the way through. again, the art of poker was not my point, just the statistical part. we can start a poker thread if you like, but that is not my intention with the pocket aces aexample

Thread
i didn't attack you, i explained by point. pocket aces are easily the best hand to be dealt, but statistically aren't going to win most of the time, much like how the worst record doesn't get the #1 pick most of the time

That wasn't my question. I'm asking if that term (pocket aces) means only the owner can see them, they're in his hand. Stands to reason, but, I don't play cards so I just wanted to verify what I surmise.

DMC

Bad analogy though. All teams are all in during the lottery. Unless you play free money or for change, you aren't going to get everyone at the table going all in before the flop, and most won't even call a check raise if you have bullets and you're 1st to act. It also depends on position.

But yes, if everyone at the table went all in before the flop, the pocket aces wouldn't win the majority of the time, but it would probably win more than the other individual hands.

DMC
01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
That wasn't my question. I'm asking if that term (pocket aces) means only the owner can see them, they're in his hand. Stands to reason, but, I don't play cards so I just wanted to verify what I surmise.

In Texas Hold'em, your two cards are face down and the five cards that are turned up are community cards. Best 5 wins if everyone plays to the river (last card turned up). The two down cards in front of you only you can see, they are pocket cards.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Bad analogy though. All teams are all in during the lottery. Unless you play free money or for change, you aren't going to get everyone at the table going all in before the flop, and most won't even call a check raise if you have bullets and you're 1st to act. It also depends on position.

But yes, if everyone at the table went all in before the flop, the pocket aces wouldn't win the majority of the time, but it would probably win more than the other individual hands.
ding ding ding. again, i wasn't talking poker strategy, just the numbers, dmc. this is the analogy i was going for with the worst record/top pick thing

Joyrider
The progression of this thread is giving me an itch to jump in a quick Monday night tourney somewhere tonight.

spurraider21
gotcha. nobody else sees your aces.

Thread
01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
^Thank you.

DMC
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
ding ding ding. again, i wasn't talking poker strategy, just the numbers, dmc. this is the analogy i was going for with the worst record/top pick thing

There's a 25% chance for the worst team to get the 1st overall pick. That's not a good chance, but better than the 14% chance and such. Still, in the history of this type of draft in the NBA, the worst team has gotten the 1st overall pick fewer times than teams with lower odds. For example, the 2nd worst team in the draft has gotten the 1st overall more times than the worst team.

The New Orleans thing is suspect though... what are the odds of that team getting that pick? Couple that with the individual drafted, who owned the winning team and what just happened prior (Chris Paul deal) and it really seems suspect. I wouldn't be surprised to find one day that it was rigged.

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
There's a 25% chance for the worst team to get the 1st overall pick. That's not a good chance, but better than the 14% chance and such. Still, in the history of this type of draft in the NBA, the worst team has gotten the 1st overall pick fewer times than teams with lower odds. For example, the 2nd worst team in the draft has gotten the 1st overall more times than the worst team.

The New Orleans thing is suspect though... what are the odds of that team getting that pick? Couple that with the individual drafted, who owned the winning team and what just happened prior (Chris Paul deal) and it really seems suspect. I wouldn't be surprised to find one day that it was rigged.
yeah, obviously if its rigged you can throw all the numbers out the window :lol. still, it stands to reason that if you want the top pick, you'd take the 25% over any other slot. anybody saying otherwise is mathematically challenged

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 07:46 PM

Who the fuck is backpedaling?
I am fully aboard team tank?
I am even confused on what I said that would be considered backpedaling. I only care about winning a few games this year and we got now 4 of the 6 I wanted. A win over the spurs and Mavs and we can lose all the rest for all I care.

Let me break it down for you ... I was saying that you can say "We don't tank" we are just rebuilding ...but that is just "spin". If you are not pursuing better players or signing a bunch of one year contract types you are either tanking or looking to rebuild via free agency ...Not that hard to understand.

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
I can vouch for Killa. You can't kill people on semantics or one off's. He's been on board with tanking well before the season started and before Kobe's contract.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 07:57 PM
I can vouch for Killa. You can't kill people on semantics or one off's. He's been on board with tanking well before the season started and before Kobe's contract.

Thank you DPG. Matter of fact I was burying this Lakers core from after the Mavs sweep saying we were NOT legit contenders BEFORE we signed Dwight. I also said I expected last year's team to lose in the 2nd round with a WCF ceiling ...
Unrealistic Lakers fan, I am not ...of course I did not predict us being as bad as we were either year ...who knew?

But Still not sure how I am backpedaling.
I also am on record saying paying Dwight the max was wrong and we should of dealth him at the ASB last year ...
And I am against paying Melo (and Kobe) max money in the new CBA with only Durant and Lebron worth it right now and MAYBE Paul George ...

Rogue
01-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Cowboys_wear_spurs made a golden point, tanking is a different term than rebuilding. Tanking teams just lose games on intention to gain better odds in the draft lottery, which's a completely passive ideology. While rebuilding teams often have plans and act positively promoting that process, measures include piling up on prospects and trading assets, trimming bad stocks etc...

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
To me tanking is instructing players to play less than 100%. Rebuilding is giving minutes to guys knowing they will lose but it's better for the development long term.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Cowboys_wear_spurs made a golden point, tanking is a different term than rebuilding. Tanking teams just lose games on intention to gain better odds in the draft lottery, which's a completely passive ideology. While rebuilding teams often have plans and act positively promoting that process, measures include piling up on prospects and trading assets, trimming bad stocks etc...

How many teams have ever "tanked" by the strict definition? The east is shitty. Bulls could easily get a top 3 seed if they made a trade to acquire talent rather than trade Deng for future considerations. So if you have a plan that exempts you from saying you tanked? Bulls tanked this year after Rose got hurt and they struggled. No way Tibbs agrees to lose on purpose in fact he was upset about the deal but the GM decided to tank this year for future picks.

Rogue
01-20-2014, 08:38 PM
how about the Bobcats? They've been tanking for 10 years or something, which reminds me of John&Jeff's 09' slogan - 10 years long, 10 years strong :lol

DMC
01-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Thank you DPG. Matter of fact I was burying this Lakers core from after the Mavs sweep saying we were NOT legit contenders BEFORE we signed Dwight. I also said I expected last year's team to lose in the 2nd round with a WCF ceiling ...
Unrealistic Lakers fan, I am not ...of course I did not predict us being as bad as we were either year ...who knew?

But Still not sure how I am backpedaling.
I also am on record saying paying Dwight the max was wrong and we should of dealth him at the ASB last year ...
And I am against paying Melo (and Kobe) max money in the new CBA with only Durant and Lebron worth it right now and MAYBE Paul George ...

Pussies and assholes.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Pussies and assholes.

I will accept that badge because it is in the best interest of my team. Again I would sell out Kobe if I had to. I prefer we didn't ... but Lakers are bigger than any one player.

DMC
01-20-2014, 08:43 PM
How many teams have ever "tanked" by the strict definition? The east is shitty. Bulls could easily get a top 3 seed if they made a trade to acquire talent rather than trade Deng for future considerations. So if you have a plan that exempts you from saying you tanked? Bulls tanked this year after Rose got hurt and they struggled. No way Tibbs agrees to lose on purpose in fact he was upset about the deal but the GM decided to tank this year for future picks.

Stop playing the Clinton card. If you aren't doing everything you can to win, you're tanking. Some teams do it for one or two games now and then, including the Spurs by resting starters and their goals are eventually all the same, to win a championship at one point. Tanking teams have goals that are further down the road than the current season goes. That's tanking when you intentionally throw games so you get a better draft spot. I don't disagree with doing it, but Dale sure does. Let's not call it anything other than what it is, though.

DMC
01-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I will accept that badge because it is in the best interest of my team. Again I would sell out Kobe if I had to. I prefer we didn't ... but Lakers are bigger than any one player.

Let us proceed

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Stop playing the Clinton card. If you aren't doing everything you can to win, you're tanking. Some teams do it for one or two games now and then, including the Spurs by resting starters and their goals are eventually all the same, to win a championship at one point. Tanking teams have goals that are further down the road than the current season goes. That's tanking when you intentionally throw games so you get a better draft spot. I don't disagree with doing it, but Dale sure does. Let's not call it anything other than what it is, though.

Ok so then we agree? Again you are losing me here, DMC. I said that calling it a "rebuild" is just "spin". Because you cant tell your fanbase we are "tanking" I don't believe that any Coach instructs players to "tank". But they can sit players until they are 115% healthy, trade vets for future picks and not sign players of quality to protect future cap space. All may be considered planned rebuild/tank to chase free agents or a top draft spot ...

DMC
01-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Ok so then we agree? Again you are losing me here, DMC. I said that calling it a "rebuild" is just "spin". Because you cant tell your fanbase we are "tanking" I don't believe that any Coach instructs players to "tank". But they can sit players until they are 115% healthy, trade vets for future picks and not sign players of quality to protect future cap space. All may be considered planned rebuild/tank to chase free agents or a top draft spot ...

Because tanking and rebuilding are not the same thing. Rebuilding teams don't sign a 2 year from retirement player who's been injured for a year to a max contract. You're equivocating terms so that it seems you're favoring rebuilding when in reality you're favoring tanking with the highest paid player in the league.

Rebuilding teams want cap space. The Lakers took half of that in one fell swoop and threw it at Kobe for marketing reasons, not rebuilding reasons.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Because tanking and rebuilding are not the same thing. Rebuilding teams don't sign a 2 year from retirement player who's been injured for a year to a max contract. You're equivocating terms so that it seems you're favoring rebuilding when in reality you're favoring tanking with the highest paid player in the league.

whatever It doesn't matter to me, the semantics. You are focusing on minor details. Tank/Rebuild Either ship Im aboard. I never said Lakers were not tanking.

Also We don't have the highest paid player in the league, he is hurt. Just like Rose is for the Bulls. it makes sense that they tank rebuild whatever you want to call it.

My only equivocation is with those that argue their is a difference, at least by definition. Sure there is but again someone tell me a team that has "truly tanked"? Where is the proof of ANY team even the pre Duncan Spurs tanking? It can all be made to appear (spin) as a rebuild. Lakers are not tanking according to their GM they just suck, but I think they SHOULD tank. Again I don't give a shit what Kobe makes. SO the lakers should not do what is best for their team since they overpaid Kobe? Follow up one mistake with another?

As DPG would say ..."that doesn't make any sense" ... I am for whatever is best for the long-term success. Fuck Kobe if it comes down to it. If he cant accept that reality he and Pau can leave. They served their purpose helping us win 5 and 2 rings. Yes Kobe is one of my favorite players and Pau has been a true professional ...but they can kick rocks if it helps us rebuild faster.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 09:13 PM

Rebuilding teams want cap space. The Lakers took half of that in one fell swoop and threw it at Kobe for marketing reasons, not rebuilding reasons.

Oh and the two year extension times with a much better FA class. Does that mean Jimbo/Mitch have a "plan"?
Again You are focusing on Kobe's contract and you are right does not signal "rebuild" but since you say it cripples us does not mean it helps us tank?
So again what does that matter with what we are facing right now? Before the last few games we lost 10 out of 12 what does Kobe's contract have to do with that?
With 3 PG's and Kobe hurt a tank/rebuild makes sense.

DMC
01-20-2014, 09:16 PM
whatever It doesn't matter to me, the semantics. You are focusing on minor details. Tank/Rebuild Either ship Im aboard. I never said Lakers were not tanking.

Also Ww don't have the highest paid player in the league, he is hurt. Just like Rose is for the Bulls. it makes sense that they tank rebuild whatever you want to call it.

If it didn't matter to you you'd not feel the need to use a different term. You're the one equivocating here.

My only equivocation is with those that argue their is a difference, sure there is but Again someone tell me a team that has "truly tanked"? Where is the proof of ANY team even the pre Duncan Spurs tanking? It can all be made to appear (spin) as a rebuild. Lakers are not tanking according to their GM they just suck, but I think they should tank. Again I don't give a shit what Kobe makes. SO the lakers should not do what is best for their team since they overpaid Kobe? Follow up one mistake with another?

You're misusing the term "equivocation".

I haven't seen anyone but Lakers fans calling for tanking and saying it's happening. I haven't said it's happening.

You don't give a shit what Kobe makes but it hurts your team's chances at rebuilding in the next two years.

Since the Lakers overpaid Kobe, it shows they don't want to do what's best for a competitive team, but doing what's best for the franchise isn't necessarily aligned with becoming more competitive.

As DPG would say ..."that doesn't make any sense" ... I am for whatever is best for the long-term success. Fuck Kobe if it comes down to it. If he cant accept that reality he and Pau can leave.

What's best for their long term success is to take profits where they can. It's a delicate balancing act, to retain a fan base while remaining profitable in this new CBA, especially in your waning glory years when you have to pay loyalty prices for stars to hang around, and not give the impression you don't give a shit about winning. Buss isn't balancing that very well. He's half in and half out.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
If it didn't matter to you you'd not feel the need to use a different term. You're the one equivocating here.

You're misusing the term "equivocation".

I haven't seen anyone but Lakers fans calling for tanking and saying it's happening. I haven't said it's happening.

You don't give a shit what Kobe makes but it hurts your team's chances at rebuilding in the next two years.

Since the Lakers overpaid Kobe, it shows they don't want to do what's best for a competitive team, but doing what's best for the franchise isn't necessarily aligned with becoming more competitive.

What's best for their long term success is to take profits where they can. It's a delicate balancing act, to retain a fan base while remaining profitable in this new CBA, especially in your waning glory years when you have to pay loyalty prices for stars to hang around, and not give the impression you don't give a shit about winning. Buss isn't balancing that very well. He's half in and half out.

Again DMC you are missing the point. I do NOT feel the need for a different term have you read my posts lately? I posted I was onboard team tank both here and on LG and have gotten shit from the "pride" brigade saying we do not tank. Maybe we don't ... I argue we should. My point was if we are splitting hairs (see posts by Rogue, DPG etc.) then you could argue that NO ONE ever tanks. I understand the word equivocation. I was using it because you kept throwing it out there. Again, you are throwing that on me when I said I don't give a shit. If it is a tank call me sgt, GI joe whateverthe fuck you want Im on board. Lakers want to spin it as rebuild ..fine. Just don't make a "near" playoff run ... and trade Pau ASAP ...

DMC
01-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Again DMC you are missing the point. I do NOT feel the need for a different term have you read my posts lately. I posted team tank both here and on LG and have gotten shit from the "pride" brigade saying we do not tank. Maybe we don't I argue we should. My point was if we are splitting hairs see posts by Rogue and DPG then you could argue that NO ONE ever tanks. I understand the word equivocation I was using it because you kept throwing it out there. Again, you are throwing that on me when I said I don't give a shit. If it is a tank call me sgt, GI joe whateverthe fuck you want Im on board. Lakers want to spin it as rebuild ..fine. Just don't make a "near" playoff run ... and trade Pau ASAP ...

"Agreed. Tank/rebuild is same shit I know tank implies deliberately losing but its just nice spin."

It's not the same shit. You bring another term to the party then disown it as if it's my guest when I point it out to you.

The Celtics are rebuilding. The Lakers might or might not be tanking. They are not rebuilding. They have Pau, Kobe and Nash.

I don't care if they do it either way, but you're not going to sneak out the side door on it and call it a rebuilding effort. It's clearly not.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
"Agreed. Tank/rebuild is same shit I know tank implies deliberately losing but its just nice spin."

It's not the same shit. You bring another term to the party then disown it as if it's my guest when I point it out to you.

The Celtics are rebuilding. The Lakers might or might not be tanking. They are not rebuilding. They have Pau, Kobe and Nash.

I don't care if they do it either way, but you're not going to sneak out the side door on it and call it a rebuilding effort. It's clearly not.

After clarifying a Bunch of times. Let me make it even simpler.
When I posted that (tank/rebuild is the same) My point was "Rebuild" was a nice "spin" the Lakers were putting on it. I just worded it poorly. My point was that tank implies losing on purpose while you can say "we are rebuilding" and spin it. I am not disowning either because again I don't give a shit which one applies as long as the end result is top 5 pick. Yes the Lakers have Pau but have attempted to trade him multiple times "to rebuild". Lakers traded Bynum for howard to rebuild with a new star. Lakers scrapped the triangle and went with Brown D'antoni to rebuild their core system? Lakers by your definition have not tanked they tried to rebuild that planned failed and now they are in limbo. This s the only year it makes sense to tank since they do not own their draft pick. I Wasn't trying to sneak out Im here all the time. You are being dense because despite my poor phrasing initially it is pretty obvious what I want here. If you get some satisfaction of holding to me to whatever term you feel I threw out that is fine. But dat is pretty dumb to say you cant rebuild while still having some aging players ..spurs had Tim and Manu and shifted to a Tony focused offense they rebuilt on the fly ... Lakers tried to do the same and failed.

DMC
01-20-2014, 09:50 PM
After clarifying a Bunch of times. Let me make it even simpler.
When I posted that (tank/rebuild is the same) My point was "Rebuild" was a nice "spin" the Lakers were putting on it. I just worded it poorly. My point was that tank implies losing on purpose while you can say "we are rebuilding" and spin it. I am not disowning either because again I don't give a shit which one applies as long as the end result is top 5 pick. Yes the Lakers have Pau but have attempted to trade him multiple times "to rebuild". Lakers traded Bynum for howard to rebuild with a new star. Lakers scrapped the triangle and went with Brown D'antoni to rebuild their core system? Lakers by your definition have not tanked they tried to rebuild that planned failed and now they are in limbo. This s the only year it makes sense to tank since they do not own their draft pick. I Wasn't trying to sneak out Im here all the time. You are being dense because despite my poor phrasing initially it is pretty obvious what I want here. If you get some satisfaction of holding to me to whatever term you feel I threw out that is fine. But dat is pretty dumb to say you cant rebuild while still having some aging players ..spurs had Tim and Manu and shifted to a Tony focused offense they rebuilt on the fly ... Lakers tried to do the same and failed.

So let me get this straight: You didn't say what you meant but it's my fault for holding you to what you said. Does that sound right?

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 10:02 PM
So let me get this straight: You didn't say what you meant but it's my fault for holding you to what you said. Does that sound right?

DPG, and myself tried to clarify where I stood yet you wanted to stay stuck on terms. That is fine it was my fault I posted on my phone real quick while in line at Walmart. I just don't see why you had to take all kinds of monkey leaps around the subject. I never said the Lakers don't tank. I never said "oh we are rebuilding". What I said in the NBA IMHO it mostly is just "spin" every tank is termed as a rebuild to assuage the fan base. You are right with our payroll we should NOT be tanking but injury and reality of our place in the standings says we SHOULD tank. IF it makes the old guard happy to call it a fucking rebuild, fine. I accepted as you pointed out earlier the pussies and assholes card ...so I thought that meant you understood what I meant even if it was worded poorly earlier. If you are just being an asshole that is your right as well.

Maybe you and others disagree with what I said but I still stand by the fact that no one ever tanks by that strictest definition ...telling their team to lose. But Lakers should jettison Pau and sit Kobe until next season and tank/rebuild (whatever term the Mighty DMC feels comfortable allowing me to walk out of here with ...

Venti Quattro
01-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Faggot chucker makes all three freebies when the Lakers needed a miss :cry :cry :cry

IronMaxipad
01-20-2014, 10:28 PM
for fucks sake

LkrFan
01-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Swaggy P out there messing up. Good thing DJ Augustine remembered our PGs can't guard a chair. :lol

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Gosh darnnit!!!

Swaggy P AGAIN!!

MVpau with another miss but may 18 points and 19 boards against Noah/Gibson/Boozer ...
Im sorry but no way Pau is not worth at least a 1st rounder. Glad Lakers held firm if a big goes down on a legit playoff team Pau should fetch at LEAST that

Venti Quattro
01-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Fuck you Nick Young

lefty
01-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Rofl

Spurs9
01-20-2014, 10:40 PM

Venti Quattro
01-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Killakobe81 how does it feel that a USC guy kept the Lakers back on track tbh

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Killakobe81 how does it feel that a USC guy kept the Lakers back on track tbh

Awesome. Thought that EXACT thing ... A Trojan doing this BRUIN a solid ...

FYM
01-21-2014, 08:11 AM
To me tanking is instructing players to play less than 100%. Rebuilding is giving minutes to guys knowing they will lose but it's better for the development long term.

:lol ya which is the same

call it as you want, idea is to protect chance to get a good a pick so you loose games...