PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: At this point we have to accept Jim Buss is trolling us

Thebesteva
01-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Just heard Ramona Shelbourne on ESPN radio say the Lakers had the option to drop Nash at the end of 2014 but would have to pay a luxury tax for that, so they have gone ahead and decided to keep him for 2015. They also plan on resigning Pau Gasol after this year.

Is this real life?

irishock
01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Jim Buss

Clipper Nation
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
:lol Fredo
:lol Lakerfan thinking he's going to rebuild properly

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Randle and Gasol will be the shit down low. Gasol can help him with his mechanics, and Randle can help him become a man

Koolaid_Man
01-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Just heard Ramona Shelbourne on ESPN radio say the Lakers had the option to drop Nash at the end of 2014 but would have to pay a luxury tax for that, so they have gone ahead and decided to keep him for 2015. They also plan on resigning Pau Gasol after this year.

Is this real life?

^ that's your problem right there...:lol

spurraider21
01-20-2014, 06:41 PM
:lmao momo

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Oh please let this happen. Pau is not signing for peanuts. Not with what Kobe got and how he's been treated. He's going to demand a nice pay day in order to stay. What might save the Lakers from themselves is he might hate LA so much that he leaves even if they offer a ton of money.

Koolaid_Man
01-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Oh please let this happen. Pau is not signing for peanuts. Not with what Kobe got and how he's been treated. He's going to demand a nice pay day in order to stay. What might save the Lakers from themselves is he might hate LA so much that he leaves even if they offer a ton of money.

:lmao in what market.....Iceland?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-20-2014, 07:13 PM
Just heard I'm a faggot on ESPN radio say I'm a faggot and had the option to drop balls in my mouth at the end of 2014 but would have to pay a luxury tax for that, so they have gone ahead and decided to say I'm a faggot. They also plan on resigning I'm a faggot after this year.

Is this real life?

ElNono
01-20-2014, 07:17 PM
If anything, MVPau earned that contract extension, tbh... can't say the same for the rest of the roster...

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM

If he signs a cap friendly deal would love to have him back. If not let him walk. Sign and trade still possible I would accept a late first rounder at this point ...
again Pau's value lies with a contender we are not one ...might be mutually beneficial tbh for him to leave.

DPG21920
01-20-2014, 08:06 PM
I don't think there is any question he wants to leave. The only thing I can see keeping him there is if LA pays him much more than anyone else offers. Even then, I am not sure. I can't imagine him signing for less than 10M per year, but if it's LA I would imagine it's 12-15M (just guesses obviously).

They should trade him. I don't fault LA for passing up on the Bynum deal because money is no big deal to them and Pau can probably net them a pick even though I told Kool CLE wouldn't dare give up a pick for him. But if they didn't save the money by doing the Bynum deal, they better move him for something.

The fact they tried to trade Pau so many times and to CLE this year shows me it's not likely they re-sign him though..

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't think there is any question he wants to leave. The only thing I can see keeping him there is if LA pays him much more than anyone else offers. Even then, I am not sure. I can't imagine him signing for less than 10M per year, but if it's LA I would imagine it's 12-15M (just guesses obviously).

They should trade him. I don't fault LA for passing up on the Bynum deal because money is no big deal to them and Pau can probably net them a pick even though I told Kool CLE wouldn't dare give up a pick for him. But if they didn't save the money by doing the Bynum deal, they better move him for something.

The fact they tried to trade Pau so many times and to CLE this year shows me it's not likely they re-sign him though..

Despite yall overrating him, Pau has been treated shitty. Sure he has pussed out a playoff series or two but he is professional accepts the beta role, mostly without complaint and even when he does complain usually it is to try reign in Kobe especially after Phil left. Great team-mate still highly skilled but his time has probably run it's course with the Lakers. I think if he could get to OKC, MIA, Toronto, Atlanta especially in the East he could help a playoff team make some noise.

DMC
01-20-2014, 08:55 PM

Iceland is actually a nice place. Greenland,on the other hand...

Thread
01-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Though without him we're short 2.

And I ain't even here.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 09:48 PM

And I ain't even here.

No doubt about that ...

Thread
01-20-2014, 09:56 PM
No doubt about that ...

& it wasn't Jim Buss who ran Odom off instead of walking away from him when he took a fit. That was Kupchak, but, Mitch isn't IT with Media. That falls on Jim Buss.

Jim Buss made his bones when his father was still alive and vibrant. Everyone (especially that hump Cowherd) want to forget that fact because it's not convenient now that they're high-tech lynching Jim Buss. But, it's the truth.

& let's have an accounting of who's bright idea it was to get into bed with Paul & Howard at the expense of Odom. The silence on that case is just as egregious as Pop's silence on 6.

HI-FI
01-20-2014, 10:00 PM

And I ain't even here.
Dale with the broken clock, moment of honesty.

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 10:08 PM
& it wasn't Jim Buss who ran Odom off instead of walking away from him when he took a fit. That was Kupchak, but, Mitch isn't IT with Media. That falls on Jim Buss.

Jim Buss made his bones when his father was still alive and vibrant. Everyone (especially that hump Cowherd) want to forget that fact because it's not convenient now that they're high-tech lynching Jim Buss. But, it's the truth.

& let's have an accounting of who's bright idea it was to get into bed with Paul & Howard at the expense of Odom. The silence on that case is just as egregious as Pop's silence on 6.

Absolute truth. If you go to LG they want to blame all of our ills at the doorstep of Jim and I hate to admit this but my boy Magic keeps flaming those fucking flames. I don't know what Jim did to Magic but he is using his public platform to throw Jim under the "bus" pun intended. Mitch pretty much admitted the Brown, Nash and Howard moves were all met with Blessing from an ailing elder Buss who wanted to get away from the triangle and get some showtime going while he was still ticking. Magic also praised the Nash and Howard trades (but Jim gets no credit only Mitch) but when they fail it's all On younger Buss. This forum does the same it's lazy reporting just like all the Kobe ran off Shaq ...because it fits with pre-conceived notions.

Thanks for calling it out, thread. How does Mitch get credit for positives but no blame for shitty moves?

DMC
01-20-2014, 10:17 PM
The blame always goes to the top. That's how the world runs.

Thread
01-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Absolute truth. If you go to LG they want to blame all of our ills at the doorstep of Jim and I hate to admit this but my boy Magic keeps flaming those fucking flames. I don't know what Jim did to Magic but he is using his public platform to throw Jim under the "bus" pun intended. Mitch pretty much admitted the Brown, Nash and Howard moves were all met with Blessing from an ailing elder Buss who wanted to get away from the triangle and get some showtime going while he was still ticking. Magic also praised the Nash and Howard trades (but Jim gets no credit only Mitch) but when they fail it's all On younger Buss. This forum does the same it's lazy reporting just like all the Kobe ran off Shaq ...because it fits with pre-conceived notions.

Thanks for calling it out, thread. How does Mitch get credit for positives but no blame for shitty moves?

You're welcome. The abandonment of Lamar Odom was a catastrophic event that has never been addressed. Yes, it's cyclical whereas Mark Cuban's campaign against our organization and his comprehensive victory in dynamically changing the CBA is a structural attempt to assassinate our organization. I don't need Media to tell me this. Christ, I ain't blind. We're mortally wounded. [[[I think]]] we saw the handwriting on the wall and tried to stem the wound by flirting shamelessly with hussies like Paul & Howard. I would have preferred we went home with who brung us=a champion (Odom). But, we didn't, we took a head shot from Cuban then turned the gun on ourselves by forsaking Odom.

Indazone
01-21-2014, 02:24 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-are-the-lakers-targeting-the-rockets-jeremy-lin/2013/12/22/

LOL @t the Lakersfans drooling over getting Asik and Lin.

"Lin should be a no brainer. Lakers should do everything they can to get him. hes way better as his stats and before McHale started fcking with his minutes he averaged close to allstar numbers on insane efficency this season. all while playing off his strenght and with very low usage rate.
he would absolutely blossom in LA with this roster of unselfish team players, he could finally play PG again and to top that off Dantoni is the perfect coach for him. If the Lakers can get Asik too, then they are almost a lock for a 6-8th seed"

Troll on ;)

Indazone
01-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Tell you guys what. Give us Gasol, and you can have Asik and Lin lol

Thread
01-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Tell you guys what. Give us Gasol, and you can have Asik and Lin lol

Fine with me.

McHale would cut off his arm before sitting down with us.

ambchang
01-21-2014, 03:43 PM

In a market where TOSBs get $48M for two years.

ambchang
01-21-2014, 03:47 PM

I know, the greatest Laker of all time was most definitely a flamer.

Raven
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
:lol laker fans
:lol we will tank
:lol we will win
:lol we'll rebuild in 2014
:lol enormous capspace
:lol achilles

Sportcamper
01-21-2014, 03:59 PM
At this point we have to accept Jim Buss is trolling us...

LMAO!...:lmao

Katherine Robinson
01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Why is everybody laughing at Lakers? It's not like they would be able to land a top 1-2 pick, which is where Parker and Embiid would land anyways.

They are 5-8 pick bound at best.

Splits
01-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Why is everybody laughing at Lakers? It's not like they would be able to land a top 1-2 pick, which is where Parker and Embiid would land anyways.

every prospect that stays in school waters down the draft and makes your 5-8 pick less valuable.

Thread
01-21-2014, 04:52 PM
:lol laker fans
:lol we will tank
:lol we will win
:lol we'll rebuild in 2014
:lol enormous capspace
:lol achilles

= 6

Katherine Robinson
01-21-2014, 05:06 PM
every prospect that stays in school waters down the draft and makes your 5-8 pick less valuable.

It's unlikely to have enough value to have a visible benefit. The people who suffer the most will be those who were getting ready to laugh at the false hopes Laker fans had in getting a top 3 pick.

Raven
01-21-2014, 05:16 PM

your team has the least talent in the league tbh.

Katherine Robinson
01-21-2014, 05:18 PM
your team has the least talent in the league tbh.

I don't own a team, unfortunately. I don't lose sleep over the NBA, it is only a past time to follow it.

Raven
01-21-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't own a team, unfortunately. I don't lose sleep over the NBA, it is only a past time to follow it.

being a laker fan it's only natural that you're a bandwagoner.

Clipper Nation
01-21-2014, 05:54 PM
= 6

^ Swept & chickenshit talking

Katherine Robinson
01-21-2014, 06:19 PM
being a laker fan it's only natural that you're a bandwagoner.

That's like saying you like getting cucked like Duncan.

Venti Quattro
01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
That's like saying you like getting cucked like Duncan.

Maybe he likes tramp stamps too.

Thread
01-21-2014, 06:47 PM
^ Swept & chickenshit talking

tee, hee...Paul.