PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Celtics motivated to trade Green

djohn2oo8
01-20-2014, 10:59 PM
The Boston Celtics are motivated to trade Jeff Green, according to rival executives.
One trade possibility is Green in a package to the Houston Rockets for Omer Asik.
The Rockets were close to a deal involving Asik in December, but decided to keep him until closer to the deadline. Green would give the Rockets a needed stretch power forward.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231590/Celtics-Motivated-To-Trade-Jeff-Green

thunderup
01-20-2014, 11:00 PM
OP is a faggot

Clipper Nation
01-20-2014, 11:02 PM
OP is a faggot
Butthurt that MethKC traded Green away for P:lolrkins :lmao

djohn2oo8
01-20-2014, 11:07 PM
My name is Mitchell Brown

:tu

Killakobe81
01-20-2014, 11:07 PM
So are Celts tanking this season or just rebuilding?

Spur-Addict
01-20-2014, 11:10 PM

Terrible trade, then they eventually drop Harden :rollin

djohn2oo8
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Terrible trade, then they eventually drop Harden :rollin
:lol drafting Green when you have Durant
:lol Extending Porkins
:lol Trading Harden

Spur-Addict
01-20-2014, 11:15 PM
:lol drafting Green when you have Durant
:lol Extending Porkins
:lol Trading Harden

Could have drafted Noah :rollin

Clipper Nation
01-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Could have drafted Noah :rollin
Could have had Bledsoe, too.... did have Chandler for five minutes until the team doctor voided the trade because of :cry "a boo-boo on his toe" :cry :lmao

apalisoc_9
01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Scary shit for western teams if this true.

Beverly-Harden-Parsons-Green-Howard

and a few long 3's of the bench plus terrence jones...

That's a scary team...

djohn2oo8
01-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Scary shit for western teams if this true.

Beverly-Harden-Parsons-Green-Howard

and a few long 3's of the bench plus terrence jones...

That's a scary team...
I think Jones has higher upside, and is making alot less money. Rockets really need a backup wing defender, and a C.

Thread
01-20-2014, 11:32 PM
I'll just bet they are. They had a champion in Perkins but ran him off.

I've no sympathy for them.

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2014, 07:12 AM
the final year of the celtics superteam, why did they break it up? were they going nowhere with that roster?

cause it seems like that was still a top4 team in the east for a few more seasons....

now they will have to look at not making playoffs for a decade if they fail at rebuilding this time....

speaking of green, playin on a 1 man team, why are they trying to make him to have a break out year to the next level, too bad he hasnt taken that opportunity given t o him, any player in his position wouldve taken the opportunity better to have a breakout year to the next level....instead stuck on a team with wankers and not developing...

FYM
01-21-2014, 08:06 AM
the final year of the celtics superteam, why did they break it up? were they going nowhere with that roster?

cause it seems like that was still a top4 team in the east for a few more seasons....

now they will have to look at not making playoffs for a decade if they fail at rebuilding this time....

Celts were going nowhere with the roster they had. KG, Allen teaming with Pierce was a one and done after 09 and 10. What's the point of being a top 4 in the east ?

FO is taking the risk to start from a clean sheet, Green, Rondo... they all gone. I don't see the interest to rebuild with Asik in the books tho, picks are what Celtics are trying to get.

Anyway Green value was near 0 not a long time ago, already getting something for him is bonus at this point.

Rogue
01-21-2014, 09:52 AM
djohn should log into his MJ account to continue his dumbass-pwning goods tbh.

LnGrrrR
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Killa, kinda both. Tanking, and giving a season-long tryout to some of the spare pieces we've picked up.

Green for Asik? Pull that trigger. His contract expires next year, along with Gerald Wallace, freeing up a ton of cap space. It will likely mean another year of tanking, but that's what you have to do in today's NBA.

FYM
01-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Killa, kinda both. Tanking, and giving a season-long tryout to some of the spare pieces we've picked up.

Green for Asik? Pull that trigger. His contract expires next year, along with Gerald Wallace, freeing up a ton of cap space. It will likely mean another year of tanking, but that's what you have to do in today's NBA.

especially if all the kids decide to stay in college this year

Raven
01-21-2014, 03:03 PM
don't do it celtics, don't do it.

Indazone
01-21-2014, 03:04 PM
OP is a faggot

:toast

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Green is one of the most overrated players of the past few years, tbh..

Raven
01-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Green is one of the most overrated players of the past few years, tbh..

he still is a very good player that doesn't need to get the max and can be played in multiple positions and in multiple systems. he is not a franchise player, but he is a lot better than asik anyway

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2014, 06:31 PM
he still is a very good player that doesn't need to get the max and can be played in multiple positions and in multiple systems. he is not a franchise player, but he is a lot better than asik anyway

He would be fine as a #4 guy, I'm just saying, a lot of people have expected him to grow into a good #2 or 3 guy the past few years, which he isn't capable of doing, tbh..

DPG21920
01-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Jeff Green sucks. For the Spurs fans that want him: if you were pissed at RJ's level of aggression/consistency and ability to Casper at any moment, you will hate Jeff Green. Jeff Green is the Spurs version of RJ only with no history of ever being good. So you can't even hope for his "old ways", he just sucks.

DMC
01-21-2014, 07:02 PM
So are Celts tanking this season or just rebuilding?

Their options are open. They didn't just sign a crippled to half the salary cap.

DMC
01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
especially if all the kids decide to stay in college this year

dem niggas gonna cash in.

Raven
01-21-2014, 08:15 PM
He would be fine as a #4 guy, I'm just saying, a lot of people have expected him to grow into a good #2 or 3 guy the past few years, which he isn't capable of doing, tbh..

define #2, if you mean wade then yeah, but if you mean an average #2 in the league, he's already there tbh. you can find better players obviously, but he's good enough and young enough imho.

Rogue
01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
guys with "green" as their surname are generally overrated for some reason. Jeff Green, Danny Green, and even that English goalkeeper Robert Green :lol

LnGrrrR
01-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Jeff Green sucks. For the Spurs fans that want him: if you were pissed at RJ's level of aggression/consistency and ability to Casper at any moment, you will hate Jeff Green. Jeff Green is the Spurs version of RJ only with no history of ever being good. So you can't even hope for his "old ways", he just sucks.

This, a million times.

apalisoc_9
01-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Didn't he score 40 against Miami in the playoffs last and was easily the best player in the team in the playoffs?

Killakobe81
01-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Knew you would bite, dmc.
Doesn't change the fact even with a rebuilding plan ...they still tanking. They just doing it better and smarter than most especially Lakers.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2014, 09:57 PM
define #2, if you mean wade then yeah, but if you mean an average #2 in the league, he's already there tbh. you can find better players obviously, but he's good enough and young enough imho.

So, you would take him ahead of:

- Paul Millsap/Jeff Teague
- Joakim Noah
- Luol Deng
- Deron Williams
- Monta Ellis
- Klay Thompson/Iguodala
- Dwight Howard/Parsons
- Stephenson/Hibbert/West
- Griffin/Jordan
- Pau
- Randolph/Conley
- Wade/Bosh
- Pekovic/Martin
- Holiday/Anderson
- Vucevic
- Kemba Walker
- Dragic
- Lillard
- Gay/Thomas
- Duncan/Ginobili/Leonard
- Amir Johnson/Derozan
- Favors

Those are all #2/3 guys that I would put a few levels above Jeff Green, tbh:lol..

Then there are a number of #4 guys I'd take over him, too..

baseline bum
01-21-2014, 10:01 PM

Gotta be my favorite trade all-time. It destroyed the Celtics by sending Garnett EMO and then broke up a dynasty in the making in crank city. I can't think of too many others of comparable hilarity.

Raven
01-21-2014, 10:02 PM
So, you would take him ahead of:

- Paul Millsap/Jeff Teague
- Joakim Noah
- Luol Deng
- Deron Williams
- Monta Ellis
- Klay Thompson/Iguodala
- Dwight Howard/Parsons
- Stephenson/Hibbert/West
- Griffin/Jordan
- Pau
- Randolph/Conley
- Wade/Bosh
- Pekovic/Martin
- Holiday/Anderson
- Vucevic
- Kemba Walker
- Dragic
- Lillard
- Gay/Thomas
- Duncan/Ginobili/Leonard
- Amir Johnson/Derozan
- Favors

Those are all #2/3 guys that I would put a few levels above Jeff Green, tbh:lol..

Then there are a number of #4 guys I'd take over him, too..

i wouldn't trade green for those bolded tbh, either because of age or shittyness. but that's just my opinion of course, and you could argue fairly easily. p.s. you serious about kemba?

baseline bum
01-21-2014, 10:05 PM
i wouldn't trade green for those bolded tbh, either because of age or shittyness. but that's just my opinion of course, and you could argue fairly easily. p.s. you serious about kemba?

Green over Favors? Really?

Seventyniner
01-21-2014, 10:36 PM
How would you feel about Jeff Green if his contract were cut in half? i.e. $4.6M per year for the next 2 years. If that changes your mind then rather than being overrated, perhaps he's just overpaid.

Raven
01-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Green over Favors? Really?

i'm a favors hater tbh, i think he's been overrated almost like nobody else in this league.

Reeko_Htown
01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
This, a million times.

So he's like the Vet version of Harrison Barnes?

LnGrrrR
01-22-2014, 01:23 PM
79er, I'd be a lot happier if his contract was cut in half, especially since the Celtics essentially bid against themselves. He was just coming off heart surgery, and most people thought he'd get around 6 mil IIRC. It was stupid of them to sign him at 8 a year.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2014, 09:21 PM
:lol damn, Jeff Green having by far the best game he's had in months after this thread was created, tbh..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 09:22 PM
:lol damn, Jeff Green having by far the best game he's had in months after this thread was created, tbh..

Green has been playing great this year iirc

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Green has been playing great this year iirc

15 PPG on 42% shooting and a 13 PER is playing great?:lol..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 09:30 PM
15 PPG on 42% shooting and a 13 PER is playing great?:lol..

i don't watch boston play dude... but weren't you the one that said "PER is for squares" :lol.....

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2014, 09:40 PM
It's a box score stat, it's a quick summary instead of having to type all of Green's numbers..

LnGrrrR
01-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Way to go Green, up that trade value! Ainge, trade him quick before he goes 2-9 with 2 assists and 3 rebounds next game!

LnGrrrR
01-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Way to go Green, up that trade value! Ainge, trade him quick before he goes 2-9 with 2 assists and 3 rebounds next game!

Tonight's box score:

Jeff Green: 2-13, (1-7 on 3s), 2 rebounds, 1 assist. I gave him too much credit.

FYM
01-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Green sucks, nothing new

SpurSwag
01-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Desperately want him on the spurs, his offensive production would be gravy but he's got size, decent defender, mobile pf, and can stretch the floor. all along with his great athleticism and ability to go off every once in a while would make him perfect for us imo

baseline bum
01-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Desperately want him on the spurs, his offensive production would be gravy but he's got size, decent defender, mobile pf, and can stretch the floor. all along with his great athleticism and ability to go off every once in a while would make him perfect for us imo

Did you just describe Richard Jefferson? Only part you missed was horrible contract.

Banzai
01-27-2014, 03:34 PM
The Boston Celtics are motivated to trade Jeff Green, according to rival executives.
One trade possibility is Green in a package to the Houston Rockets for Omer Asik.
The Rockets were close to a deal involving Asik in December, but decided to keep him until closer to the deadline. Green would give the Rockets a needed stretch power forward.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231590/Celtics-Motivated-To-Trade-Jeff-Green
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuK9pQpokC9gsJULjwR74NbFVwQypWK Ap60cIPEBLXNCG4_1xgjg great sig tbh

D-Wade
01-27-2014, 03:43 PM
I have Green in fantasy. He's been pretty good. He was actually really balling early in the season til Ainge in tank mode said something like "Green isn't a star yet." Green being mentally shaky, it probably his confidence for a bit. Still, he's been pretty good this year.

SpurSwag
01-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Did you just describe Richard Jefferson? Only part you missed was horrible contract.

gonna be honest would also like Richard back, he was a massive disappointment when compared to the contract and expectations but he really wasn't a bad player while he was here. He could shoot the corner 3 ball damn well and played decent defense when engaged. He'd be a nice player off the bench with a lot less responsibilities tbh

But you guys think the office is gonna make some move to acquire some elite mobile pf like Josh Smith or something, when the reality is that with our assets, Jeff Green would be a huge addition to our team.

His contract isn't an issue because it should run out at the end of Duncan's career, and I feel like a package with joseph, nando, bonner and a pick could get it done.

SpurSwag
01-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Again that offer is only appealing if they really are motivated to trade him by the deadline and no one offers anything better

baseline bum
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
gonna be honest would also like Richard back, he was a massive disappointment when compared to the contract and expectations but he really wasn't a bad player while he was here. He could shoot the corner 3 ball damn well and played decent defense when engaged. He'd be a nice player off the bench with a lot less responsibilities tbh

But you guys think the office is gonna make some move to acquire some elite mobile pf like Josh Smith or something, when the reality is that with our assets, Jeff Green would be a huge addition to our team.

His contract isn't an issue because it should run out at the end of Duncan's career, and I feel like a package with joseph, nando, bonner and a pick could get it done.

LOL what? Jefferson played horrible defense and it was like a black cloud was lifted from the team the second he was traded. Plus he was the kind of guy who could put up 25 in November but was completely useless when games mattered. He played himself completely out of the rotation both times in the playoffs here and singlehandedly cost the Warriors Game 1 in AT&T Center last year with those two missed free throws. :lol