PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Favorite players that played for your teams

djohn2oo8
01-21-2014, 02:08 PM
My nigga

WXtafK-u9iA

Clipper Nation
01-21-2014, 02:18 PM
CP3 and Blake are obvious choices, tbh.... Loy Vaught, Sam Cassell, and Eric Bledsoe are also high on my list.... I also liked the Odom/Miles/QRich/Brand team, though I disliked Odom for years after he left and still hate Brand....

ambchang
01-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Didn't Bob Sura stat pad to get his triple double streak alive? Not classy.

And CN, you should love Brand, he marked the first time Sterling didn't cheap out on talent.

Phillip
01-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Aside from Dirk? Michael Finley, Mark Aguirre, and Shawn Marion.

Robz4000
01-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Duncan, Robinson, Bowen, Ginobili, Elliott

Spur-Addict
01-21-2014, 02:37 PM

And CN, you should love Brand, he marked the first time Sterling didn't cheap out on talent.

Yup, same year Ricky Davis did it if I'm not mistaken. The ole infamous missed layup on his own rim attempt by Davis. :lol

Clipper Nation
01-21-2014, 02:43 PM

Clipperfans hate Brand because of how he lied his way out the door in free agency and left us stuck holding the bag with an overpaid and unhappy Baron Davis, tbh... the silver lining is that we don't get Blake if Brand stays, though....

Granted, Andre Miller is even more hated because of how he quitPERIOD and mailed it in for a paycheck when he was a Clipper....

ambchang
01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
In order:

Robinson
Elliott
Ginobili (despite what he did in 6)
Duncan
Bowen
Gilmore
Mitchell
Kenon
Buckets (too short)
Gervin (I never really appreciated his game as much as I should as a Spurs fan, I just don't know why)
James Silas
Cummings
Willie Anderson (too short)
Kerr
Mario Ellie
Jaren Jackson
Nique (too short)

ambchang
01-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Clipperfans hate Brand because of how he lied his way out the door in free agency and left us stuck holding the bag with an overpaid and unhappy Baron Davis, tbh... the silver lining is that we don't get Blake if Brand stays, though....

Granted, Andre Miller is even more hated because of how he quitPERIOD and mailed it in for a paycheck when he was a Clipper....

No offense, but back then, everybody wanted to get out of the Clippers. Brand stuck with you guys long enough. It's not like you are expecting Loy Vaught who actually WANTED to play for the Clips.

As for Clips, I always loved Ken Norman's game. Don't ask me to explain it, I can't.

Clipper Nation
01-21-2014, 02:59 PM
No offense, but back then, everybody wanted to get out of the Clippers.
This was '07 though, Dumbleavy had already largely changed how the franchise operated and it was after the '06 playoff run.... also, Brand had promised to stay if we signed Davis, then left anyway....

As for Clips, I always loved Ken Norman's game. Don't ask me to explain it, I can't.
I liked him too, but Vaught ("from his spot") was always my favorite '90s Clipp... the current team could really use a player like him coming off the bench, tbh.... I also liked Piatkowski....

timtonymanu
01-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Duncan
Bowen
Leonard
Ginobili
Parker
Robinson
Horry
Gervin
Barry
Elliott

Most hated Spurs: RJ, Blair, Finley, use to hate Bonner but I've been liking him lately.

Thread
01-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Orlando Woolridge
Sven Nater
Glen Rice
Terry Teagle
Bob McAdoo
Artest
Kupchak

The Reckoning
01-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Robinson

ambchang
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Duncan
Bowen
Leonard
Ginobili
Parker
Robinson
Horry
Gervin
Barry
Elliott

Most hated Spurs: RJ, Blair, Finley, use to hate Bonner but I've been liking him lately.

Why Finley? He did his part in 2007, Blair was OK, and RJ just didn't fit in the system, although I can understand that hatred.

For me, most hated had to be Samaki Walker, Derek Anderson, and that mullet Dwayne Schintzius (however the hell you spell his name).

DMC
01-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Come on Ace or someone, say Manu.

lefty
01-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Speedy Claxton; best PG the Spurs have had since AJ

Thread
01-21-2014, 08:02 PM
^He was a winner. He exuded it.

D-Wade
01-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Heat: Wade, Hardaway, Zo, Marjele
Kings: C-Webb, Peja, Bibby
Knicks: Starks, Spree, Houston

lefty
01-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Knicks: Starks, Spree,
I was a big fan of those 2

Starks was all heart; too bad Reggie was able to own his ass with 2 words :lol

I liked Spree because when he caught fire, he was amazing, scoring in so many different ways ...... one of the most electrifying players I've ever seen

Rogue
01-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Finley would've been a nobrainer for most young mavs fans if he hadn't coattail ridden the Spurs for a ring. I mean he could've joined any other championship contender that was not our bitter rival tbh. TC is my favorite player who've played for us outside of Dirk tbh, even though he only played one year for us. And the success of TC was also a proof of mono's prophecy because that picklebreath had a TC troll when big daddy was still playing in New Orleans. Picklebreath knew TC would join us and win us a championship, and his apeshit opprobrium about TC's arrival was only a form of inverse-jinx tbh.

DMC
01-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Finley would've been a nobrainer for most young mavs fans if he hadn't coattail ridden the Spurs for a ring. I mean he could've joined any other championship contender that was not our bitter rival tbh. TC is my favorite player who've played for us outside of Dirk tbh, even though he only played one year for us. And the success of TC was also a proof of mono's prophecy because that picklebreath had a TC troll when big daddy was still playing in New Orleans. Picklebreath knew TC would join us and win us a championship, and his apeshit opprobrium about TC's arrival was only a form of inverse-jinx tbh.
Not only that with Fin, but Mark was paying him for it.