PDA

View Full Version : Carolina looking to trade up to snag Mike Evans

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-21-2014, 04:13 PM
All BS aside, I want to know what you guys think of this move? Saw it on ESPN's (I know unreliable) Panthers blog.

Our top needs are another receiver, O-line and DB's. What do you feel is a absolute necessary move for us to stay atop the NFC South?

*awaits Cam Newton puns*

We are also looking at Hakeem Nicks - who went to UNC - so I think that's legitimate possibility too and then snag a OT in the draft.

Clipper Nation
01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Good move by Carolina, Mike Evans already has a lot of experience with bailing out gimmick QB's, tbh....

chunticakes
01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
who gives a shit.

Raven
01-21-2014, 04:36 PM
what move tbh, that's barely a rumor. Anyway, he'd be a great fit since cum always overthrows

The Gemini Method
01-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Would be a great pick-up for Came Newton...they also need to get themselves a new RB and some OL help.

Thebesteva
01-21-2014, 05:15 PM
All BS aside, I want to know what you guys think of this move? Saw it on ESPN's (I know unreliable) Panthers blog.

Our top needs are another receiver, O-line and DB's. What do you feel is a absolute necessary move for us to stay atop the NFC South?

*awaits Cam Newton puns*

We are also looking at Hakeem Nicks - who went to UNC - so I think that's legitimate possibility too and then snag a OT in the draft.

Begging for people not to mention the cat thing

Chinook
01-21-2014, 05:25 PM
It would take a lot to move from 28 to 15/16. Although it may not take too much since the Cowboys are known to be stupid when it comes to draft value.

Evans would be a great target for them though. Even more so than for the Ravens. Cam needs a safety outlet, and Evans and Ebron are the best fits for that. 28, Olsen and a fourth for 16 sounds fair.

Spur-Addict
01-21-2014, 05:58 PM
I like Evans, and he fits the mold of the kind of guy I'd like us to draft this year as far as wide outs are concerned but he'll likely be gone by the time we are up. He'd be a nice fit opposite of Smith. You'd likely have to trade up into the teens.

A guy I hope we pick if the top end WR's are gone, a guy who can do it all at his position (TE) is Austin Serfarian Jenkins. He'd be a great fit with anybody. A very large target, could be the next top end TE. Excellent all around player, lines up as a WR at times, developed into a beast blocker, good catcher too.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-21-2014, 10:26 PM
It would take a lot to move from 28 to 15/16. Although it may not take too much since the Cowboys are known to be stupid when it comes to draft value.

Evans would be a great target for them though. Even more so than for the Ravens. Cam needs a safety outlet, and Evans and Ebron are the best fits for that. 28, Olsen and a fourth for 16 sounds fair.

I don't think Olsen would be an option in the trade market. Truth is, this isn't typically like Carolina to make deals like that. An interesting piece I think the Ravens would accept (seeing as how they are projected to get Evans) would be the first round swap, Jonathan Stewart or Charles Godfrey and a 4th rounder. That's at least what I'm hearing they are trying to make happen.

A guy I hope we pick if the top end WR's are gone, a guy who can do it all at his position (TE) is Austin Serfarian Jenkins. He'd be a great fit with anybody. A very large target, could be the next top end TE. Excellent all around player, lines up as a WR at times, developed into a beast blocker, good catcher too.

I honestly don't think they need another receiver. Harvin/Bald are good. I think you guys should look at lineman. But Marquise Lee is interesting considering he has dropped spots due to injuries, but was the best receiver going into last years draft.

But a TE is definitely good for a black QB that can run. They bailed Cam out a lot over his first two years when there's no open targets on the run. Olsen and Shockey were maybe the most dynamic TE duo in the league those two years behind Gronk/Hernandez

Spur-Addict
01-21-2014, 10:50 PM
I don't think Olsen would be an option in the trade market. Truth is, this isn't typically like Carolina to make deals like that. An interesting piece I think the Ravens would accept (seeing as how they are projected to get Evans) would be the first round swap, Jonathan Stewart or Charles Godfrey and a 4th rounder. That's at least what I'm hearing they are trying to make happen.

I honestly don't think they need another receiver. Harvin/Bald are good. I think you guys should look at lineman. But Marquise Lee is interesting considering he has dropped spots due to injuries, but was the best receiver going into last years draft.

We do. It's probably the biggest area of need, then OL. I don't see how we wouldn't address both areas, aside from continuing to add defensive depth. We'll likely cut Rice. Well, i'd like us to cut Rice. He makes far too much, and despite his comparisons to Mr. Fitzgerald, the supposed allure isn't worth it :lol. Not to mention he has dealt with a series of injuries. We need more size, someone physical imposing, a bully. All of our WR's are in the same size range, aside from Kearse, but he isn't exactly a possession guy. Baldwin/Harvin/Tate all in the 5'10/5'11 range. Kearse is 6'1. Aside from Harvin, all of them have issues getting separation on a consistent basis. Lee is electrifying, but I would put a larger guy ahead in terms of need. If we had a game changing TE with that size I want, then I'd be ok with not having that traditional large possession WR for another year.

jimbo
01-22-2014, 12:38 AM
Just what Cum needs. They'd be good to get Evans.

How much money is tied up in your shitty RB by committee core? I remember it being a shit ton a few years ago when people complained that you didn't use em' enough. (I know they had a really good rushing in attack in 2012 or whatever fwiw)

Holden_Caulfield
01-22-2014, 12:44 AM
stay pat and draft davante adams, tbh

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Just what Cum needs. They'd be good to get Evans.

How much money is tied up in your shitty RB by committee core? I remember it being a shit ton a few years ago when people complained that you didn't use em' enough. (I know they had a really good rushing in attack in 2012 or whatever fwiw)

Way too damn much.

Stewart: 5 year, 36.5 mill
DeAngelo: 3 yr, 10 mill (which was restructured.. it was huge)

It's not so much that they are washed up but that they are not used enough. Stewart is injury-proned and DeAngelo, while still good, is getting old. He got five touches against San Fran

jimbo
01-22-2014, 12:51 AM
I like Evans, and he fits the mold of the kind of guy I'd like us to draft this year as far as wide outs are concerned but he'll likely be gone by the time we are up. He'd be a nice fit opposite of Smith. You'd likely have to trade up into the teens.

Kelvin Benjamin makes sense i guess. He's not Mike Evans, but he's decent enough. If I were Carolina I'd rather want Evans' hands over a more raw dude like Benjamin. I wouldn't trust Benjamin to catch Cam's throws. Trading up is a :tu

Thebesteva
01-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my shitty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

If you guys need any more information, I will be happy to give it to you.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/155622/brendan-fraser-retard-clap-o.gif

Spur-Addict
01-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Kelvin Benjamin makes sense i guess. He's not Mike Evans, but he's decent enough. If I were Carolina I'd rather want Evans' hands over a more raw dude like Benjamin. I wouldn't trust Benjamin to catch Cam's throws. Trading up is a :tu

Comparing the players, absolutely I'd rather have Evans. Depends on how much they have to give up for the pick though. I'm not one who supports dumping the bulk of your draft, in any one draft, especially for a player who isn't proven in the NFL. We've seen too many examples of that not working out :lol. Not worth the risk. Evans is already projected as a 1st round pick, if his stock rises any further, they have a problem potentially. They should probably consider a guy like Robinson from SanduskyU, who'll likely be around when they are up to pick. Free agency still exists, and in a sport like football, depth is paramount.