PDA

View Full Version : Tanaka to Yankees

Phillip
01-22-2014, 10:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yankees--masahiro-tanaka-agree-on-seven-year---155-million-deal-150329915.html

monosylab1k
01-22-2014, 10:35 AM
lol paying that much for a guy that everyone in Japan says isn't even close to Yu's level.

JMarkJohns
01-22-2014, 11:25 AM
I am thrilled the money-tight Diamondbacks didn't spend 140 on him as they were relorted to have offered. That would have wrecked what little chance they have to compete with the 300-million payroll per in LA.

They now need to actually develop their young pitchers in Bradley/Shipley.

Yankees spent like 500 million this offseason.

LnGrrrR
01-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Phew. I was worried that the Yankees might go under the cap this year and reset their tax.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 02:21 PM
As a Yanks fan, I'm very pleased with this acquisition. We need a better rotation and this is deff a step in the right way

JMarkJohns
01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Of course a quitter fan like you is a Yankee fan.

"But, we don't have a professional baseball team in Carolina!"

So pick Baltimore, Philly, or Atlanta, even.

Every bandwagon fandom includes the Yankees.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2014, 03:38 PM
As a Yanks fan

:lmao And you call others a bandwagoner....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 03:40 PM
:lmao And you call others a bandwagoner....

Baseball was the first sport I ever got into. Jeter is what made me pursue baseball back in AAU days....

How is being a Yanks fan bandwagoning? They sucked last year (even though they were injury-prone)

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Of course a quitter fan like you is a Yankee fan.

"But, we don't have a professional baseball team in Carolina!"

So pick Baltimore, Philly, or Atlanta, even.

Every bandwagon fandom includes the Yankees.

Atlanta is probably the biggest bandwagon team in the MLB tbh

Robz4000
01-22-2014, 04:00 PM
:lol Yankees

JMarkJohns
01-22-2014, 04:33 PM

No. Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs more so.

Braves certainly had them, but at least they are within your region geographically.

rascal
01-22-2014, 06:04 PM

No, the Yankees are. Yankees have the most titles and the history of success.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2014, 06:06 PM
I'd say the Yankees and Red Sox are tied as far as bandwagoning goes, tbh....

Reck
01-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Anyone who became a Red Sox fan post 2004 is a bandwagoner for sure.

Yankees are #1 without a shadow of a doubt though.

Back on topic, Yankees need better management. They let Cano walk but still shot their load on overpaying Jacoby and now Tanaka.

Money not well spent.

Clipper Nation
01-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Anyone who became a Red Sox fan post 2004 is a bandwagoner for sure.
In other words, 95% of Red Sox fans are bandwagoners :lol

Reck
01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
In other words, 95% of Red Sox fans are bandwagoners :lol

Huh? Fenway park has always been a packed. Even in their down years.

You cant say that for bandwagoners when they only show up when their team is winning.

Rogue
01-23-2014, 12:34 AM
NY blowing money for shitty-average players, nothing new here tbh. There's a reason why NY has always been home to the world's shittiest contracts. Plus, they're apparently paying too much for a pitcher who's only 25yr old, when most pitchers would only peak around 30, not to say he's totally unproven in any American league. And it's not like he has that much market value overseas (like Linsanity) since there're so many sushibreath players in the MLB. Even Mike Pelfrey, a 5-star wonderkid in Out of the Park 8, only earns 4m a year as of this day tbh.

Biernutz
01-23-2014, 01:26 AM
I love to see the Yankees spend money$$$$$. Will the Yankees hit the jackpot with a Asian pitcher like the Rangers and Boston?
Can the yanks fill the void that Rivera and his 44 saves had from last year? It's going to be tough
to replace him with anyone. The man was a machine. CC lost 40 lbs. over the winter but can that help make him a better pitcher
with all the innings he has pitched in the last few years? Was it the weight last year or just the innings?

You have to wonder how much long before Hank pulls a JJ and fires Cashman to become the GM also.
I bet George is spinning in his grave now that the Yankees can't even make the playoffs.

LnGrrrR
01-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Eh, I don't mind YOUNGER Red Sox fans that followed them after 2004. But if you're 30+, then yeah, you're a bandwagoner. Usually, if they don't know who Tim Wakefield is, they're a bandwagoner.

monosylab1k
01-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Alot of people who live in regions without a local team are Braves fans, mainly because growing up their main option for watching baseball was TBS. I wouldn't necessarily call them bandwagoners tho, they just naturally gravitated to the team they got to watch all the time.

Yankees fans have the most bandwagoners by far, but bandwagon Red Sox fans are easily the most obnoxious.

JMarkJohns
01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Alot of people who live in regions without a local team are Braves fans, mainly because growing up their main option for watching baseball was TBS. I wouldn't necessarily call them bandwagoners tho, they just naturally gravitated to the team they got to watch all the time.

Yankees fans have the most bandwagoners by far, but bandwagon Red Sox fans are easily the most obnoxious.

Same with Cubs and WGN.

Great point. First baseball team I followed was Padres because they hosted Spring Training in my hometown, but eventually watched more and more of the Dodgers because of KCal. This was very early 90s. Strike lost me, and a home-state team found me. Went to the fourth home game if the Diamondbacks inaugural season... They got trounced by the Giants. But they've been it since.

However, had their been no strike, I easily could have been a Dodgers fan because of the local LA station we happened to get in Yuma, AZ. Especially after the Padres packed up and spurned Yuma as Spring Training home.

But aside from the 50 games on ESPN a year, don't tell me you got the YES Network.

Biernutz
01-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Eh, I don't mind YOUNGER Red Sox fans that followed them after 2004. But if you're 30+, then yeah, you're a bandwagoner. Usually, if they don't know who Tim Wakefield is, they're a bandwagoner.

You are kidding ......Right....yes.....

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/sox785.gif

McGusto55
01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Hell yea...Yankees. ..bitches

Chris
01-24-2014, 01:22 PM
His splitter is supposed to be legendary. Looking forward to a potential Darvish vs. Tanaka down the road.

LnGrrrR
01-24-2014, 01:41 PM
I meant if you're 30+ and you started following them after 2004.

Biernutz
01-24-2014, 03:31 PM
I read a report that by signing with NY he will loose $12 mil of that money in taxes. New York city
has personal income taxes on top of state and federal taxes. He can afford it but.........

Blizzardwizard
01-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Yankees throwing money at problems. :lol

All the bandwagoning Yankees fans will soon hop on to the Red Sox bandwagon once the postseason rolls around again.

Angels :lol

Biernutz
01-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Robinson Cano was at the Grammys with Beyonce and Jay Z. Do you think Jay Z will get box seats at a
yankee game? :lol

http://instagram.com/p/jqMkhinDGQ/#