PDA

View Full Version : Best Damn Nachos Period

batman2883
08-02-2005, 08:18 AM
:spin I'm writing this thread only because i want to share with the world my undying love for the nachos we call, King Kong Nachos. Chacos has the best damn beef fajitas ive ever eaten at a restraunt of that kind. This is the place i first discovered while drunk off my ass and hungry, and now i dine there even when im not drinking. King Kong Nachos with about 4 of my friends always hits the spot, but you have to order it a certain way, Half with chicken fajita, and the other half with premium aged beef fajita only, screw that black bean and chorizo stuff that makes you sick, just beef and chicken fajita, its totally worth every penny.

expander
08-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Price?? I have heard about these. :hat

Ishta
08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I can't remember the price myself, but they are awesome...Pina Coladas aren't bad either.

Taco
Ohhh Hell Yea!!!! Good Stuff Man!!!

Get a half order for me an Mrs Taco, a few Ice cold brews for me and one top shelf Margarita for Mrs Taco :makeout

samikeyp
You mean Chacho's? Haven't been there in a long time, but they always did have good stuff at least back in the day.

Taco
08-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Chacos? Where is this?

One on Callaghan and I-10 and the one we go to is Bandera Rd and Poss Rd (Leon Valley)

Ishta
08-02-2005, 10:38 AM
There's one at the corner of I10& Callaghan

sa_butta
08-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Best Margaritas period.
3 Top shelfs and I am out for the count.

batman2883
08-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Okay for the full order at callaghan its like 17 dollars but its enough to feed the family and some its huge, and the one on bandera its like 15 bucks, yes bandera is actually cheaper than callaghan, dont know why but it just is.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 10:41 AM
One on Callaghan and I-10 and the one we go to is Bandera Rd and Poss Rd (Leon Valley)

those are my two Chacho's too!!

But the one on Callaghan also has kick ass hot wings on the menu and the one in Leon valley didin't have them last time I checked....

I LOVE CHACHO's the food is soooooooooooooo good. And very reasonably priced and everythign on the menu could easily feed 2 people. You really might as well share a plate. We always bring home left overs.
not to mention thier Margaritas!!!! :elephant I can't wait till this kid is born so I can have like 3 of them.

batman2883
08-02-2005, 10:42 AM
ha ha ha ha ha man you can catch me at Chachos every damn weekend, and weeknight that i party. Its the best place to eat when your buzzed to, they have some great guacamole too

Ishta
08-02-2005, 11:01 AM
The best drunk food in town....I can't count the number of times I have walked out of that place seeing double..:lol :lol :lol

batman2883
08-02-2005, 11:03 AM
The best drunk food in town....I can't count the number of times I have walked out of that place seeing double..:lol :lol :lol

Thursday is karoake night at Callaghan, man i went last thursday and chugged two margaritas, boy oh boy i was singing all the way home

samikeyp
08-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah...I figured he meant Chachos...that is why I edited.

Brother Taco missed this part:
Chacos? Where is this? :lol

Spent many a late night there back in the day...there used to be a location at Tezel and Grissom/Culebra across from the HEB...its a Las Palapas now. Went to the one on Bandera a lot in the 90's when we would finish bowling. Good stuff.

Ishta
08-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Thursday is karoake night at Callaghan, man i went last thursday and chugged two margaritas, boy oh boy i was singing all the way home
Didn't know they had karoake there we will have to ck that out...Only way I do any singing is to be pretty shitfaced!:lol

batman2883
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Didn't know they had karoake there we will have to ck that out...Only way I do any singing is to be pretty shitfaced!:lol

Yeah go on Thursdays to the one off I-10, it gets pretty packed so get there a little early, i was sober, and i hate country music, i got buzzed and i was freaking singing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" in no time.

Ishta
08-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah go on Thursdays to the one off I-10, it gets pretty packed so get there a little early, i was sober, and i hate country music, i got buzzed and i was freaking singing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" in no time.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Taco
08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah...I figured he meant Chachos...that is why I edited.

Brother Taco missed this part: :lol

Sorry Dude I was thinking Food Brew and SEX :lol

Jekka
08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Sometimes I miss living within walking distance of Chacho's on Callaghan. But then I remember how shitty that apartment was, and that makes me feel better.

batman2883
08-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha <-----has driven home faded from Chachos many of times

samikeyp
08-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Sometimes I miss living within walking distance of Chacho's on Callaghan. But then I remember how shitty that apartment was, and that makes me feel better

the ones right behing Chachos on Callahan? I had an girlfriend who lived there...you are right....not the best place to live.

batman2883
08-02-2005, 11:31 AM
not the best place at all.....but hey i think i would sacrifice for the nachos, beer, and margaritas

davi78239
08-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Chachos does have some of the best beef fajitas out there for a restaurant of its kind. Too bad I live far from either locations. Taco Tote is still one of me and my girlfriends personal favorites though. We'll drive to I-10 for those fajitas!!!

Jekka
08-02-2005, 11:41 AM
the ones right behing Chachos on Callahan? I had an girlfriend who lived there...you are right....not the best place to live.

Yeah, but I'm right down the street from Lulu's now, so it was a trade off. 24 hour fajitas vs 24 hour chicken fried steak ... it's a tough call.

samikeyp
08-02-2005, 11:44 AM
nice.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
yummy.... chicken fried steak....... yummm......

batman2883
08-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Ive never been there i dont even know where it is but i hear they have great chicken fried steak where, and how much?

KEDA
08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Frozen Jack and Cokes at Chachos are the shit!

too bad you can only have 2

tlongII
08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
I've always felt that home-made nachos were the best.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Mmmmm....two of my favorite food groups, nachos and chicken fried steak. Beer and barbeque being the others.

It wasn't too long ago that my friend and I would engage in the masochistic act that is trying to consume a full King Kong Nachos between the two of us. In six tries, we managed to finish it three times. It's a little warped that we were proud of the accomplishment but we were professional eaters at the time and it was one of the biggest challenges around. Now, we do the half for the both of us. Don't even want to attempt to take the punishment anymore. And you have to keep up your training for something like that.

We were even going to have a World Series of Gluttony event but it never happened. It was supposed to be nachos (it was either the full order or half King Kong but knowing the idiots we were, I'm thinking the half KK), a monster chicken fried steak at either Bud Jones or Jailhouse, and some monster burger place one of my friends talked about but I never went. There were two variations, all three meals in 36 hours or the three meals in three days. It was a three person event but luckily one of the guys bailed and then my friend and I lost interest.

BTW - When you go to Cha-Cho's, always order the premium meat or you will pay the consequences, both in your flavor experience and another way as well.

And speaking of Bud Jones, is the place still open? I read a blurb last week that indicated that it had closed.

batman2883
08-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Yes the Premium meat is the shiznit at cha-chos, and yes Bud Jones is till open that place is great too, but its too far for me, im off of 10 and huebner, military is a long way off

Ishta
08-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Frozen Jack and Cokes at Chachos are the shit!

too bad you can only have 2

That's why you have several friends go with you, and you can get around the 2 drink thing...:elephant

batman2883
08-02-2005, 02:32 PM
That's why you have several friends go with you, and you can get around the 2 drink thing...:elephant

Yeah either that or you just make someone there go up there and buy it for you, but i always buy more than two drinks, they just dont let you buy more than two at the same time.

Samr
08-02-2005, 07:05 PM
If you are going with a minor, the one off Bandera is easier to get into. I've been to both locations a few times with people from work, and some of the people in our group (myself included) are under 21.

Go to the one off I10, and good luck getting in if you're under 21. The staff there are complete assholes. I prefer the one off Bandera. But the I10 location is cleaner. I busted my ass on the slick floor (that they didn't bother to clean up during the 2+ hours I was there) at the Bandera location.

But yes the King Kong is the inarguable king of nachos. DAMN that stuff is good.

Taco
08-02-2005, 08:48 PM
yummy.... chicken fried steak....... yummm......

Bud Jones makes a mean Chicken Fried Steak

thispego
08-02-2005, 08:54 PM
MMMM fajitas...... cancun rob's in san marcos is the shit..byob

tw05baller
08-02-2005, 11:37 PM
my dad makes the best nachos

Notorious H.O.P.
08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Did the Lulu's Cafe queso chicken fried steak tonight. Hadn't done it in a while but it's still pretty damn good.

Got Cha-Cho's on the calendar for some King Kong nacho action on Thursday and will try to hit Bud Jones for a CFS this weekend. Oh the sweet pain!

batman2883
08-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Thursday i think the everyone from Spurstalk.com should all head out there for some Margaritas, nachos, and karaoke