PDA

View Full Version : NBA: ESPN predicts Durant to be MVP, Stephenson MIP, Ginobili 6th man

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Durant with 29 first place votes, LeBron with 20

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10331296/2014-winter-forecast-most-valuable-player

you can view the other forecasts on the bottom of the page.

Others include:

MVP - Durant
MIP - Stephenson
6th - Ginobili
DPOY - Hibbert
Coach - Stotts
Rookie - Carter-Williams

spurraider21
01-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Durant will probably get it since LeBron is visibly coasting. Stephenson probably deserves MIP. I would love for Manu to get 6th man, but Crawford, and yes even Nick Young are making good cases for them. Typically if you lead the NBA in bench scoring you have a good chance at 6th of the year, which is why i mentioned Young. Stotts will probably win since his team is the most surprising.

baseline bum
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
As much as I hate to see voters slight LeBron on the award because they're sick of him winning it every season just like they were with Jordan, you can really make a strong argument for Durant this year.

gnsf0946
01-22-2014, 05:26 PM
As much as I hate to see voters slight LeBron on the award because they're sick of him winning it every season just like they were with Jordan, you can really make a strong argument for Durant this year.

well, Lebrons efficiency is off the charts this season but because he gets it by not taking a lot of shots he's actually hurting the team by not adjusting on nights when roleplayers are cold or Wade is not playing

hater
01-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Lebron banking on being bailed out by the greatest shooter in history again imo

POPownsJackson
01-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Durant is a lock

baseline bum
01-22-2014, 05:58 PM
well, Lebrons efficiency is off the charts this season but because he gets it by not taking a lot of shots he's actually hurting the team by not adjusting on nights when roleplayers are cold or Wade is not playing

Durant's efficiency is insane this year too though even with the higher shot volume. I'd still give it to James (just barely) for his defense, but Durant is unreal right now.

Raven
01-22-2014, 06:17 PM
i don't have any objections against those, but there is still basketball to be played.

DMC
01-22-2014, 06:20 PM
I'd make RW the MVP. He he wasn't injured, the Thunder would probably be down around Golden State range.

Splits
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
:lol on the 6th man page: "Also receiving votes: Tyreke Evans". Apparently in 7th place