PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this?

picnroll
08-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Someone on the Spurs report board who claims to be a childhood frend of Devin's and who spoke to him said there was a deal in place to do a S&T for Ely with the Bobcats that the Spurs pulled off the table. Who knows if it's true. If it is true and the Spurs did pull it off the table it could mean the Spurs have something else planned or a player they wanted in place of Brown like Evans they may not be able to get. A lot of ifs. Anyway would you see benefit in Ely for Brown? Or if , a big if, Charlotte were willing would you do a Gerald Wallace for Brown S&T?

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Someone on the Spurs report board who claims to be a childhood frend of Devin's

sorry.... I couldn't read past that part in all seriousness.......

picnroll
08-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Bit of an elitist attitude, eh.

Ely for Brown isn't implausible. If the Bobcats don't see Ely in their future then getting Brown at a low price is not a bad deal for them. If Spurs had somebody else in mind for Brown's position Ely, a banger with an eoption on next years contract isn't bad.

Wallace if the Bobcats thought the price was going to be to steep, afterall they are zealously guarding cap space for next year, might be lost and picking up Brown, a somewhat more versatile player, again on the cheap, wouldn't be bad for them. Brown would be happy with the PT. According to this "friend" Utah and Charlotte have interest in him and given the two he likes the PT the Bobcats afford him.

Kori Ellis
08-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I don't see it as implausible at all. I know that Charlotte was one of the teams that was interested in him. I don't know if I would really want Melvin Ely, but it wouldn't be bad.

batman2883
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Man for Gerald Wallace give them Devin Brown and some money the boy would be the future at Bruce's position. He already plays mad defense, and he flys pretty high when it comes to scoring.

T Park
08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Bit of an elitist attitude, eh

shove the condescending attitude jackass.

If Devin wants to leave, let him leave.

paying anything over 1.8 million for a guy with a bad back is lunacy.

picnroll
08-02-2005, 10:56 AM
shove the condescending attitude jackass.
wtf.

GoSpurs21
08-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Bit of an elitist attitude, eh.

shove the condescending attitude jackass.i saw it this way as well

samikeyp
08-02-2005, 11:47 AM

I would tend to agree with Obi.

picnroll
08-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I find that post for post more knowledgeable and interesting posts are on SpursTalk. I find that the moderators on SpursTalk, Kori and LJ, do far and the away the best job of any Spurs message board. But that some knowledgeable posters don't post at other sites, that somebody who may have grown up with, talked to, have some insight about Brown is silly. This isn't the Blood and the Crypts. Or is it, to some? Whatever.

samikeyp
08-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Or even the Crips. :)

You are right....there are probably some posters over there who know their stuff....but there may be people who post rumors who are complete morons or at least making stuff up....until its official...its irrelevant.

picnroll
08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Not my generation. Okay, Capulets and Montesques.

Conservatively 99% of what's posted is unofficial.

Kori Ellis
08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't mind stuff being posted that you hear on other boards. Most stuff on all boards is just speculation, but it's always good to hear what people are saying. There's good posters and bad posters everywhere.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Capulets and Montagues.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 12:13 PM
paying anything over 1.8 million for a guy with a bad back is lunacy.

I can actually say I agree with T Park... :wow.

I love Devin. I love him lots and lots... but I don't think he should get a shit load of $$... esp. becasue of the back injury. Also going from almost 700k to 1.8 mill is allready a pretty nifty payraise.
And if the Spurs are so chock full o' talent that there is nor room for him to grow.. .then he would be better off on another team.

picnroll
08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Fuck it. I give. Hatfields and McCoys.

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Fuck it. I give. Hatfields and McCoys.

there ya go.
:tu

ObiwanGinobili
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
neat fact:

A branch of the Hatfields broke off, moved to the Brownsville and Harlingen areas as ranch workers, and changed thier last name to Hatley. Hatley's are still found in S. Texas today.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I'd definitely take that deal if the Spurs could swing it, sounds like they may be working on another deal though.

Solid D
08-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Feud? None better than old school:
The Marcus Bryants vs. the Ghost Writers. :)

Melvin Ely was impressive when the Spurs played the Bobcats in Charlotte. He's a 6-10 pivot guy so I don't think the Spurs have much room for another Big...unless they are trading one.

timvp
08-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I've seen Ely play a lot and I've never been very impressed. He's not a great athlete, doesn't seem to have overly long arms and doesn't have much of a motor. He's a decent fourth or fifth big, but I don't see much potential in him.

However I know in the past the Spurs tried to get either Ely or Wilcox from the Clippers in various trades.

ducks
08-02-2005, 03:46 PM
the post also went on to say it was a 3 year deal worth 11 million
is brown worth that with the spurs?