PDA

View Full Version : Statement game!

bayareaspursfan
01-22-2014, 05:37 PM
I know Westbrook is injured, but OKC is still pretty good without him so beating this OKC team will count as beating one of NBA's elite teams this year. We have to win this since we been losing to the so called 'elite teams'. Expecting a big game from Manu.

hater
01-22-2014, 05:40 PM
disagree. a win vs. Westbrok-less OKC team is meaningless

01-22-2014, 06:07 PM
I guess it would be a statement, with us missing two starters and all

Mikeanaro
01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Could be, I just care about winning to a winning team so fans like me stops whining and enjoy winning.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2014, 06:20 PM
disagree. a win vs. Westbrok-less OKC team is meaningless

cd98
01-22-2014, 06:27 PM
This is not a statement game. Thunder are playing a back to back where Durrant had to be superman to beat one of the three best teams in the west. Now he has to face the Spurs the next night without Westbrook. This is a game that the Spurs should win, especially after losing the first two games against the Thunder. If the Spurs lose this one, look out...Spurstalk will have a meltdown for two weeks.

SpursFan86
01-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Doesn't matter. Regardless of what happens, people will get on here and use tonight as some type of evidence that we're doomed come playoff time.

DMC
01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
No statement games in the RS in January. It's a game. If you want to make a statement, do it on the big stage, when you have the mic, like we did in June last year.

01-22-2014, 06:56 PM
No statement games in the RS in January. It's a game. If you want to make a statement, do it on the big stage, when you have the mic, like we did in June last year.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Let's reconvene after March.

look_at_g_shred
01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Nope...not really...

TheGoldStandard
01-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Maybe

bayareaspursfan
01-22-2014, 07:26 PM
But, if you think about it we haven't beaten anybody as good as the thunder(without westbrook) this season. I und, they are missing their superstar but this would be a baby step towards the right direction at least.

polandprzem
01-22-2014, 10:25 PM
There we go.

Spurs can't save their ass on D

Another loss to OKC and top team

cjw
01-22-2014, 10:37 PM
To anyone who thinks a game without three of top four defenders in the lineup means anything...

polandprzem
01-22-2014, 10:41 PM
To anyone who thinks a game without three of top four defenders in the lineup means anything...
Why play the game then?

SupremeGuy
01-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Why play the game then?Because we have to...

testies
01-22-2014, 10:45 PM
we played without our 3 best defensive players ...

daslicer
01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Westbrook is an all-star but he's not a superstar. We were missing 3 solid players which is huge in the NBA while they were only missing Westbrook.

Hoops Czar
01-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Westbrook is an all-star but he's not a superstar. We were missing 3 solid players which is huge in the NBA while they were only missing Westbrook.

Let me know when you're done making excuses. Westbrook means as much to OKC as Parker does to the Spurs and yes, he's a sperstar. Take off those friggin silver ad black glasses of yours. Remind me again, was Kawhi out in the first half when OKC shot 52%? Were the solid three out the last two times they played OKC? If it poves anything, it shows you that the Spurs depth is fools gold.

TheGoldStandard
01-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Let me know when you're done making excuses. Westbrook means as much to OKC as Parker does to the Spurs and yes, he's a sperstar. Take off those friggin silver ad black glasses of yours. Remind me again, was Kawhi out in the first half when OKC shot 52%? Were the solid three out the last two times they played OKC? If it poves anything, it shows you that the Spurs depth is fools gold.

We're about 3 inches too short all around on our perimeter guys.

Raven
01-23-2014, 12:00 AM

it says something, it says that the bench is not as good as the starters and considering what many thought in the past, that is a lot to know.

Hoops Czar
01-23-2014, 12:13 AM
We're about 3 inches too short all around on our perimeter guys.

The Spurs need to run shooters of the three point line. It isn't defense when you give shooters spacing and wave your hand in front of their face when the shot goes up. These are professionals. They can knock down those shots in their sleep.

I don't know how many times I caught the Spurs flat footed when Durant and Jackson went in for layups. This defense is flat out laughable at times.

TheGoldStandard
01-23-2014, 12:16 AM
The Spurs need to run shooters of the three point line. It isn't defense when you give shooters spacing and wave your hand in front of their face when the shot goes up. These are professionals. They can knock down those shots in their sleep.

I don't know how many times I caught the Spurs flat footed when Durant and Jackson went in for layups. This defense is flat out laughable at times.

Despite what ratings show and yadda yadda yadda the Spurs haven't hung there hat on defense in quite some years. They give up the 3 at a high clip because of percentages, they go under screens more than go over but all this could be remedied if they were just taller. The league is turning into a 6'5 and above league, if you have big wings they cna just rise up and hit shots on you all day long.

wildchild
01-23-2014, 01:10 AM

Leonard played only three minutes of 2nd quarter.

Last two games vs OKC?

1st game: Leonard finished with 14 pts 10 reb (KD-30=24 pts) and Green on D over Westbrook (6 pts) Sefolosha (6 pts) did a really good job.
2nd game: Leonard out with dental procedure, Splitter 11 reb and Green vs Durant=only 17 KD's points

IMO it's not that bad.

Hoops Czar
01-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Leonard played only three minutes of 2nd quarter.

Last two games vs OKC?

1st game: Leonard finished with 14 pts 10 reb (KD-30=24 pts) and Green on D over Westbrook (6 pts) Sefolosha (6 pts) did a really good job.
2nd game: Leonard out with dental procedure, Splitter 11 reb and Green vs Durant=only 17 KD's points

IMO it's not that bad.

I'm not even looking this up, but Westbrook was 13-22 in the first game. I'm pretty sure Green's defense didn't have much of an impact. Jackson lit up the Spurs in all three games.

RD2191
01-23-2014, 01:27 AM
I'm not even looking this up, but Westbrook was 13-22 in the first game. I'm pretty sure Green's defense didn't have much of an impact. Jackson lit up the Spurs in all three games.

wildchild
01-23-2014, 01:56 AM

Agree with you, Jackson was the key. But (Parker)-Leonard-Green-Splitter and Tim is a great defensive lineup, maybe top 3/5 NBA.

rascal
01-23-2014, 05:46 AM
You can't take anything from the game with all the injuries.

polandprzem
01-23-2014, 10:04 AM
You can't take anything from the game with all the injuries.
And you are sure both teams will be 100% in the playoffs?

daslicer
01-23-2014, 10:13 AM

You are not going to win in this league when 3 out of 5 of your starters are gone. Do you honestly believe that OKC would beat the spurs if they had just Westbrook,Durant, but Perkins,Ibacka, and Sefolosha were out for the game. Get the fuck out here with your weak takes.