PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Buy or sell?

01-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Since they started playing small with Brook no defense Lopez out for the year, they've done a complete 180. Livingston (I think that's his name) runs the offense well, and D Will off the bench could be a problem. KD and PP are finding their niche...

I'm gonna buy, but their weak link is still at the coaching position.

01-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Bump. They play the mavs tonight

jdiggy0424
01-24-2014, 12:04 PM
It's a sell and it's not even close to being a buy.

The weakness of the team goes farther than the coach. Bench play, lack of youth and not having a true alpha are all part of the problem. As great as D-Will is, the best way for this team to get wins is to run the offense thru Brook Lopez. Lopez is injured, so understandibly the Coach Kidd is gonna try and mix things up. But you don't put your (at this point) best player on the bench because it eventually limits his production output. The same looks that he could be getting with quality players surrounding him, speading the floor, cutting to the basket, etc. all play a big factor. Sending WIlliams to the bench isn't an overall good move for the Nets, and while it may get the Nets a couple of wins (remember its only January, teams like the Heat are even struggling now), in the long run it will hurt their chances of making or actually doing anything relevant in the postseason.

Spurs9
01-24-2014, 12:08 PM
What are we buying for exactly? Top 4 east playoff seed? The east is so weak its pathetic, they will make it to at least round 2 playoffs.

01-24-2014, 01:42 PM
What are we buying for exactly? Top 4 east playoff seed? The east is so weak its pathetic, they will make it to at least round 2 playoffs.
I wouldn't be surprised if they upset the Heat tbh if healthy

jdiggy0424
01-24-2014, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they upset the Heat tbh if healthy

This is easily one of the worst posts I've read in quite some time. Congrats.

01-24-2014, 02:15 PM
This is easily one of the worst posts I've read in quite some time. Congrats.

http://i.imgur.com/wWgxen4.jpg

Rogue
01-24-2014, 09:19 PM
KG and PP are supposed to lead this team imho, they know what's the right time to start playing in their full strength. Deron is a good player but he'd never be a leader to a championship contender. That's why he would be better off if he joined a real alpha (like Dirk) on a competitive team, which he could've made true but declined nonetheless.

Rogue
01-24-2014, 10:49 PM
The mavs are so irrelevant these days nobody is even talking about us :cry another 1pt defeat for them boys in blue :cry

Devin did a good job playing off the bench but got fouled out too soon. Dirk's been playing sub-par for quite some games maybe he needs some more rest. Actually we lost the game in the 2nd quarter, we attempted a strong fightback in the 4th but still felt short. And it's a damn shame that the whole team had zero block while the Nets had 5, and that we allowed yet another role player to put up superstar performance and take a gigantic shit on our heads, last time it was Derozan and this time Mirza Teletovic :lmao

If there's something to learn, the first of all is don't waste any more money on ex-Lockets (Dalembert and Mike James)

01-24-2014, 11:06 PM
KG and PP are supposed to lead this team imho, they know what's the right time to start playing in their full strength. Deron is a good player but he'd never be a leader to a championship contender. That's why he would be better off if he joined a real alpha (like Dirk) on a competitive team, which he could've made true but declined nonetheless.
I don't think it would be worth it for Deron. How many years do you suppose Dirk will play?

01-24-2014, 11:08 PM
The mavs are so irrelevant these days nobody is even talking about us :cry another 1pt defeat for them boys in blue :cry

Devin did a good job playing off the bench but got fouled out too soon. Dirk's been playing sub-par for quite some games maybe he needs some more rest. Actually we lost the game in the 2nd quarter, we attempted a strong fightback in the 4th but still felt short. And it's a damn shame that the whole team had zero block while the Nets had 5, and that we allowed yet another role player to put up superstar performance and take a gigantic shit on our heads, last time it was Derozan and this time Mirza Teletovic :lmao

If there's something to learn, the first of all is don't waste any more money on ex-Lockets (Dalembert and Mike James)
you guys following in your fellow Texas team's footsteps :toast